CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:23 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:23 PM *fixed Don't you have a bridge you should be hiding under? 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelineDionFreak Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:28 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:28 PM Great article from Toronto Star. "Céline Dion posed nude and, refreshingly, there was nothing ‘inspirational’ about itDion's photo shoot wasn't followed by the usual b.s. that comes when women over 40 do anything remotely sexy in the public eye. Céline Dion, Canada’s sweetheart and singer of the greatest song ever sung (“My Heart will Go On,” duh) has been having a lot of well-deserved fun in the aftermath of the tragic deaths of her husband and brother, only days apart last year. You could say that after decades of being a relatively safe diva — the kind your grandmother never had a nasty word for — Dion is finally having her very own Miley moment. The 49-year-old Grammy-winner posed nude this week for a Vogue Magazine photo shoot. In said photo that appears on Instagram, Dion is sitting cross-legged on a white chair, holding a white garment over her private parts. Of course, like a lot of celebrities who can afford to eat three gourmet salads with lean protein every day, Dion at 49 looks better naked than most women at 16. But this isn’t exactly a surprise. What is a surprise and what’s actually kind of radical about Dion’s posing in the buff is that her nude photo isn’t presented with the disclaimer: “We know she’s old as sin, but boy does she look good!” Traditionally, when a woman older than 40 does anything remotely sexy in the public eye, this display of sexuality is accompanied by a breakdown of why and how she looks so great (Pilates, chia seeds, cryogenic freezing, etc.) and why it’s empowering to prove to the world that despite getting on in years her loins have not shrivelled up like a couple of prunes in the sun. For proof of this phenomenon, look no further than any mainstream media article about Goldie Hawn — arguably one of the funniest women in the world who has been reduced to a single sentence: “She’s still got it!” Thankfully, Dion’s nude photo isn’t accompanied by any of this vacuous b.s. Instead, the magazine’s caption underneath the photo is rather technical; it deals mostly with Dion’s preferences in couture and reads like the kind of fashion magazine blurb most people skip over because it requires a PhD to parse. An excerpt: “Micro straps of elasticized chiffon prevent a slit from becoming a sloppy situation mid-squat.” Whatever you say, Vogue. Another remarkable thing about Dion’s posing in the buff? Her nudity isn’t linked to the promotion of a cause — animal rights for example — nor is she coming out to reveal a long-hidden identity. Don’t get me wrong: it was extremely brave of Caitlyn Jenner to come out on the cover of Vanity Fair in 2015, wearing nothing but a white negligee. And the overwhelming consensus among non-bigots, even in youth-obsessed Hollywood, was that she looked fantastic. But I always wondered, how might the public reaction have played out if Jenner wasn’t transgender, but just plain old? What if the senior citizen’s reason for donning lingerie for the world had nothing to do with any kind of cathartic identity reveal, but was borne instead out of a simple desire to be a sex symbol; to appear on the cover of a magazine in an outfit a 22-year-old might wear? What if her stated mission was not to live her truth and change the world, but to turn people on? I highly doubt we would have been so complimentary if this were the case. In fact, I doubt Jenner would have been permitted to pose that way at all. This is because if women over 40 want to be sexy in the public eye they usually have to have a good reason for doing so. That reason can run the gamut from “inspirational” weight loss to a tight and toned post-baby body to a transgender celebrity’s long-awaited reveal of the figure she paid big bucks for. But Dion offered no explanation for her nudity this week. She didn’t apologize for it. And perhaps most importantly, she didn’t dress it up as some kind of miracle that a 49-year-old woman could still look good without her clothes on. Whether she intended to make one or not, this was a radically feminist act. And hopefully it’s a signal to other women in the entertainment industry who have been deemed geezers long before their time that they don’t need a noble reason to show some skin." Okay I LOVE THIS! Lately the news has been trying to stir the pot with this and that and how her nudity is so out of line, when it really isn't nudity. Bravo Toronto Star!!! 5 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
scielle Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:29 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:29 PM Okay I LOVE THIS! Lately the news has been trying to stir the pot with this and that and how her nudity is so out of line, when it really isn't nudity. Bravo Toronto Star!!! I have't seen any press like that at all. Everything I've read (and there's lots) has been unanimously positive. (Posted several links yesterday, but there are plenty more.) 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:30 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:30 PM Great article from Toronto Star. "Céline Dion posed nude and, refreshingly, there was nothing ‘inspirational’ about itDion's photo shoot wasn't followed by the usual b.s. that comes when women over 40 do anything remotely sexy in the public eye. Céline Dion, Canada’s sweetheart and singer of the greatest song ever sung (“My Heart will Go On,” duh) has been having a lot of well-deserved fun in the aftermath of the tragic deaths of her husband and brother, only days apart last year. You could say that after decades of being a relatively safe diva — the kind your grandmother never had a nasty word for — Dion is finally having her very own Miley moment. The 49-year-old Grammy-winner posed nude this week for a Vogue Magazine photo shoot. In said photo that appears on Instagram, Dion is sitting cross-legged on a white chair, holding a white garment over her private parts. Of course, like a lot of celebrities who can afford to eat three gourmet salads with lean protein every day, Dion at 49 looks better naked than most women at 16. But this isn’t exactly a surprise. What is a surprise and what’s actually kind of radical about Dion’s posing in the buff is that her nude photo isn’t presented with the disclaimer: “We know she’s old as sin, but boy does she look good!” Traditionally, when a woman older than 40 does anything remotely sexy in the public eye, this display of sexuality is accompanied by a breakdown of why and how she looks so great (Pilates, chia seeds, cryogenic freezing, etc.) and why it’s empowering to prove to the world that despite getting on in years her loins have not shrivelled up like a couple of prunes in the sun. For proof of this phenomenon, look no further than any mainstream media article about Goldie Hawn — arguably one of the funniest women in the world who has been reduced to a single sentence: “She’s still got it!” Thankfully, Dion’s nude photo isn’t accompanied by any of this vacuous b.s. Instead, the magazine’s caption underneath the photo is rather technical; it deals mostly with Dion’s preferences in couture and reads like the kind of fashion magazine blurb most people skip over because it requires a PhD to parse. An excerpt: “Micro straps of elasticized chiffon prevent a slit from becoming a sloppy situation mid-squat.” Whatever you say, Vogue. Another remarkable thing about Dion’s posing in the buff? Her nudity isn’t linked to the promotion of a cause — animal rights for example — nor is she coming out to reveal a long-hidden identity. Don’t get me wrong: it was extremely brave of Caitlyn Jenner to come out on the cover of Vanity Fair in 2015, wearing nothing but a white negligee. And the overwhelming consensus among non-bigots, even in youth-obsessed Hollywood, was that she looked fantastic. But I always wondered, how might the public reaction have played out if Jenner wasn’t transgender, but just plain old? What if the senior citizen’s reason for donning lingerie for the world had nothing to do with any kind of cathartic identity reveal, but was borne instead out of a simple desire to be a sex symbol; to appear on the cover of a magazine in an outfit a 22-year-old might wear? What if her stated mission was not to live her truth and change the world, but to turn people on? I highly doubt we would have been so complimentary if this were the case. In fact, I doubt Jenner would have been permitted to pose that way at all. This is because if women over 40 want to be sexy in the public eye they usually have to have a good reason for doing so. That reason can run the gamut from “inspirational” weight loss to a tight and toned post-baby body to a transgender celebrity’s long-awaited reveal of the figure she paid big bucks for. But Dion offered no explanation for her nudity this week. She didn’t apologize for it. And perhaps most importantly, she didn’t dress it up as some kind of miracle that a 49-year-old woman could still look good without her clothes on. Whether she intended to make one or not, this was a radically feminist act. And hopefully it’s a signal to other women in the entertainment industry who have been deemed geezers long before their time that they don’t need a noble reason to show some skin." Well written, objective piece. I just wish they wouldn't compare her to Miley Cyrus. "Miley Moment." This isn't even close to that, and the rest of the article even goes on to contradict that. This was classy. Miley is not. 4 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelineDionFreak Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:31 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:31 PM I have't seen any press like that at all. Everything I've read (and there's lots) has been unanimously positive. (Posted several links yesterday, but there are plenty more.)Maybe I've just seen the wrong ones then. I can't remember where exactly, I think it was on Facebook, but I saw a particularly nasty one bashing her over the head. Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
I Drove All Night! Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:31 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:31 PM I love today's outfit! It is the definition of Parisian chic! And FINALLY something summery! (Yesterday's dress was better than the previous outfits but the colors still weren't very summery) 3 Quote
Flymetothemoon Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:32 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:32 PM I hope she doesn't have to move any shows... they're so tightly packed together with no wiggle room. *knock on wood* Update, cus my French is minimal: shooting, not shopping, but definitely fatigue/tired... 3 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:33 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:33 PM I love today's outfit! It is the definition of Parisian chic! And FINALLY something summery! (Yesterday's dress was better than the previous outfits but the colors still weren't very summery) Who did her dress for the BATB premiere? Same designer for this outfit? I do like it a lot. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
DionFanAlways Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:41 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:41 PM (edited) Is it just me or does anyone else have an issue with the word "nude"? I guess my definition of nude and the press's definition is different? When I think of nude, I think of all exposed. To me, yes, she is bare, but not showing anything and is tastefully covered.Great article from Toronto Star. "Céline Dion posed nude and, refreshingly, there was nothing ‘inspirational’ about it Edited July 6, 2017 at 01:57 PM by DionFanAlways 5 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:42 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:42 PM Don't you have a bridge you should be hiding under? 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelineDionFreak Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:51 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:51 PM Update, cus my French is minimal: shooting, not shopping, but definitely fatigue/tired...Maybe it's more photoshoots for vogue? I know they did one at schiaparelli Maison so who knows? 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
DionFanAlways Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:56 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:56 PM Is there a latest Vogue story? I don't see it. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:59 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 01:59 PM Vogues is back with more! Check out their Insta story! Someone extracted bits here:https://www.instagram.com/p/BWNKyH7h3of/https://www.instagram.com/p/BWNKVbihspO/ The 2nd one is 😂 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:04 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:04 PM I love today's outfit! It is the definition of Parisian chic! And FINALLY something summery! (Yesterday's dress was better than the previous outfits but the colors still weren't very summery) ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:04 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:04 PM Is there a latest Vogue story? I don't see it.No not yet! They're just showing more bits and bobs. 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
maria_k Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:18 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:18 PM No not yet! They're just showing more bits and bobs.With the latest news being so viral, at first I read it as ‘showing more bits and boobs' lol 6 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:19 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:19 PM With the latest news being so viral, at first I read it as ‘showing more bits and boobs' lol Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
scielle Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:22 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:22 PM Is there a latest Vogue story? I don't see it. Yes. It's an Instastory though, not a pic (tap on Vogue logo in Instagram). It's just the mini-videos extracted above. 1 Quote
*kirstie* Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:26 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:26 PM Who did her dress for the BATB premiere? Same designer for this outfit? I do like it a lot. It is very similar. I love this outfit too cassy and chic. Quote
Alison_Loves_Celine Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:33 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:33 PM With the latest news being so viral, at first I read it as ‘showing more bits and boobs' lol I'm glad it wasn't just me Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 1 Quote
I Drove All Night! Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:36 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:36 PM Who did her dress for the BATB premiere? Same designer for this outfit? I do like it a lot. Christian Siriano did the BATB dress.. not sure who today's designer is. Quote
Flymetothemoon Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:38 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:38 PM Speaking of bOObiez ®® as i was sitting after the show, in post close-up shock, i noticed in the wardrobe mirror across that I totally flashed a lower 25%!!! My top, which was super tight (bearly breathing in it), become loose when seating, and due to a certain crop, voila! Now I understand the looks from the taxi drivers, aisle security and other peeps next to me...how i wish i wasn't so considerate towards the rows behind and just stood tall all show...#embarassement-overload 2 Quote
minolli Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:58 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 02:58 PM Not sure if it's been posted yet, but here's the latest from Tom & Lorenzo: http://tomandlorenzo...-valli-couture/ "Goofy Chic. It can be a thing, we’re thinking. And she could be its queen... Anyway, the over-the-top romanticism paired with the saucy-sexy is a surprisingly strong look for her." 2 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
DionFanAlways Posted July 6, 2017 at 03:11 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 03:11 PM I love the length of her hair right now! I hope she doesn't put the extensions back in for the remaining English part. 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 6, 2017 at 03:31 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 03:31 PM I don't mind her short hair for Europe but I hope she does return to the longer hair for the rest of the uk shows. I ain't seen the darker extensions used yet that Sheila showed a few weeks back, so hope they make an appearance soon 1 Quote
artistman2007 Posted July 6, 2017 at 04:20 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 04:20 PM Where is she heading to today? 1 Quote
mirage Posted July 6, 2017 at 04:21 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 04:21 PM Hahahaha so true!! Still can't understand that after an amazing performance of Le Ballet. (The crowd is LOVING it)She'll put that stupid ugly parachute of hers, and starts singing BYLM. Whoever thought that would be a great move should be fired immediately!There is no bigger anticlimax! Meh. As we've learned, tomorrow's another day. I just wish we got as much variety with her set lists as we do with her clothes! 1 Quote
mirage Posted July 6, 2017 at 04:24 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 04:24 PM Think she already had those in.Because she uses a lot of different shades it didn't looked that dark on her head. Separated it's a different story I don't mind her short hair for Europe but I hope she does return to the longer hair for the rest of the uk shows. I ain't seen the darker extensions used yet that Sheila showed a few weeks back, so hope they make an appearance soon Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 6, 2017 at 04:24 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 04:24 PM Hahahaha so true!! Still can't understand that after an amazing performance of Le Ballet. (The crowd is LOVING it)She'll put that stupid ugly parachute of hers, and starts singing BYLM. Whoever thought that would be a great move should be fired immediately!There is no bigger anticlimax!She can't fire herself 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 6, 2017 at 04:39 PM Posted July 6, 2017 at 04:39 PM (edited) I heard there is a possibility that Celine might base from London towards the last week of the tour. It makes sense but, at the same time I think it may be more hassle to up all of her stuff and the kids at the same time just for a week. Wait and see I guess... would be great to wait outside her hotel at the same time though lol. I can't believe that no fans or press spotted her entering or leaving a London hotel on the night of the 20th/ afternoon of the 21st June!!! Edited July 6, 2017 at 04:42 PM by Shamrock_1982 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.