Bell Posted December 4, 2016 at 06:16 PM Posted December 4, 2016 at 06:16 PM No one knows what will be the new English albumwhat songs will be on the album (Except song " Recovering" is beautiful)But you already know that it will not be for you? That was not my point. I was not talking about the upcoming album, I only said that the couple of English songs she released this year don't sound very good to me. Just my personal opinion. Her voice has changed! It's not that it's weak, it's still strong, and very strong, but her vocals don't sound as crystal clear and pure as 15 years ago. And the nasality is still there... Of course it changed, it's normal. You're right about the nasality, maybe that's the reason it doesn't sound good to me. Anyway, as I said, the French album sounds just fine while the English songs... Well, I feel like there's something wrong with them. 2 Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Javito Posted December 4, 2016 at 06:36 PM Posted December 4, 2016 at 06:36 PM (edited) That was not my point. I was not talking about the upcoming album, I only said that the couple of English songs she released this year don't sound very good to me. Just my personal opinion. In my opinion, is not that they don't sound good, but if all what they're aiming with the next English album is in the form of Recovering, The Show Must Go On or Winter Song, we'd better be prepared for a BIG disappointment, because the album won't go anywhere with songs like those. I think that's pretty clear LOL Also, I hope for the better that Recovering and TSMG eras already passed and they are forgotten during the promo of the album. They had their time, move on now. So we can jump in excitement with nice treats like Recovering, or Winter Song, that's fine, and that's one thing, but we cannot be blind and naïve. The album will be just a resounding FLOP if she's picking songs in these styles. She needs to come back with a bunch of powerful songs, both in vocals and in melodies, and none of these meet that criteria I'm afraid. Edited December 4, 2016 at 06:42 PM by Javito 4 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
MrTim212 Posted December 4, 2016 at 06:41 PM Posted December 4, 2016 at 06:41 PM In my opinion, is not that they don't sound good, but if all what they're aiming with the next English album is in the form of Recovering, The Show Must Go On or Winter Song, we'd better be prepared for a BIG disappointment, because the album won't go anywhere with songs like those. I think that's pretty clear LOL Also, I hope for the better that Recovering and TSMG eras already passed and they are forgotten during the promo of the album. They had their time, move on now. She needs to come back with a bunch of powerful songs, both in vocals and in melodies, and none of these meet that criteria I'm afraid. I think "Recovering" would be a good song to START the album, as almost a prologue... then she needs to follow it up with a dramatic song about resilience... kind of in the vein of the Vegas version of TSMGO but a brand new song with a similar message and sound. 3 Quote je me changerai en or pour que tu m'aimes encore
mirage Posted December 4, 2016 at 06:48 PM Posted December 4, 2016 at 06:48 PM Thank you!!! In case anyone needs it, here are 2 links to download an MP3 of "Winter Song," and come cover art, cuz y'all know I take my cover art seriously. https://www.sendspace.com/file/nme04khttps://we.tl/WngF3eCvNb Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted December 5, 2016 at 12:59 AM Posted December 5, 2016 at 12:59 AM I hope I'm not the only one, but I. Can't. Quit. Listening. To. This. Song. 7 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Philippe1984 Posted December 5, 2016 at 01:49 AM Posted December 5, 2016 at 01:49 AM In case anyone needs it, here are 2 links to download an MP3 of "Winter Song," and come cover art, cuz y'all know I take my cover art seriously. https://www.sendspace.com/file/nme04khttps://we.tl/WngF3eCvNb Thank you!! Quote
browseceline Posted December 5, 2016 at 02:22 AM Posted December 5, 2016 at 02:22 AM I think "Recovering" would be a good song to START the album, as almost a prologue... then she needs to follow it up with a dramatic song about resilience... kind of in the vein of the Vegas version of TSMGO but a brand new song with a similar message and sound.Please no recovering on the new album. The song had its time. New directions please Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk 3 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 5, 2016 at 02:35 AM Posted December 5, 2016 at 02:35 AM Recovering is better as a single Quote
sfbaysinger Posted December 5, 2016 at 06:30 AM Posted December 5, 2016 at 06:30 AM WeTransfer link not working. I think Recovering would be a great kick off to the album, but that's another thread. Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
LcMason Posted December 5, 2016 at 01:22 PM Posted December 5, 2016 at 01:22 PM In case anyone needs it, here are 2 links to download an MP3 of "Winter Song," and come cover art, cuz y'all know I take my cover art seriously. https://www.sendspace.com/file/nme04khttps://we.tl/WngF3eCvNb Thanks Tim! Quote
scielle Posted December 5, 2016 at 02:10 PM Posted December 5, 2016 at 02:10 PM (edited) http://www.lapresse....bas-de-2016.php "Céline Dion paraissait particulièrement fébrile elle aussi lors du Facebook Live de jeudi dernier. Elle avait eu un coup de foudre pour la chanson Winter Song de Sara Bareilles et Ingrid Michaelson qu'elle tenait à partager tout de suite avec ses fans en guise de cadeau de Noël.«Quand je l'ai écoutée, je me suis dit: "c'est à moi, cette chanson-là": December never felt so wrong... En revenant du studio ce soir-là, je l'ai apprise.»«Moi, quand j'aime une toune, je l'apprends en quatre secondes. Mais quand est venu le moment de la chanter [pour le Facebook Live], j'étais tellement énervée! Au Colosseum, je chante devant 4300 personnes et je ne suis pas nerveuse. C'est home, sweet home. Mais là, j'étais en studio avec quatre personnes et j'étais en train de devenir folle. J'entendais mes genoux claquer.»" Edited December 5, 2016 at 02:18 PM by scielle 6 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted December 5, 2016 at 02:31 PM Posted December 5, 2016 at 02:31 PM http://www.lapresse....bas-de-2016.php "Céline Dion paraissait particulièrement fébrile elle aussi lors du Facebook Live de jeudi dernier. Elle avait eu un coup de foudre pour la chanson Winter Song de Sara Bareilles et Ingrid Michaelson qu'elle tenait à partager tout de suite avec ses fans en guise de cadeau de Noël.«Quand je l'ai écoutée, je me suis dit: "c'est à moi, cette chanson-là": December never felt so wrong... En revenant du studio ce soir-là, je l'ai apprise.»«Moi, quand j'aime une toune, je l'apprends en quatre secondes. Mais quand est venu le moment de la chanter [pour le Facebook Live], j'étais tellement énervée! Au Colosseum, je chante devant 4300 personnes et je ne suis pas nerveuse. C'est home, sweet home. Mais là, j'étais en studio avec quatre personnes et j'étais en train de devenir folle. J'entendais mes genoux claquer.»"Awww she was nervous. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
flutefreak Posted December 5, 2016 at 03:27 PM Posted December 5, 2016 at 03:27 PM Translation please? Thank you. Quote
scielle Posted December 5, 2016 at 05:46 PM Posted December 5, 2016 at 05:46 PM Translation please? Thank you. http://Translate.google.com Quote
browseceline Posted December 6, 2016 at 12:26 AM Posted December 6, 2016 at 12:26 AM Translation please? Thank you.google is your friend indeed, and it is not bad at all: "Céline Dion was particularly feverish at last Thursday's Facebook Live, and she had a love affair for the song Winter Song by Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson that she wanted to share immediately with her fans as a gift of Christmas."When I listened to her, I said to myself," This is my song, "December never felt so wrong ... When I came back from the studio that night, I learned it.""I, when I love a tune, learn it in four seconds. But when the time came to sing [for Facebook Live], I was so edgy! At the Colosseum, I sing to 4300 people and I'm not nervous. It's home, sweet home. But there I was in the studio with four people and I was going crazy. I could hear my knees slamming. "" 5 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
stevo Posted December 6, 2016 at 04:46 PM Posted December 6, 2016 at 04:46 PM I love when she talks about her shaky knees Quote
DionFanAlways Posted December 6, 2016 at 04:50 PM Posted December 6, 2016 at 04:50 PM (edited) I still love this. When she is about to sit down and says something about her doing this "live thing" you can hear the nerves in her voice. Too cute because its unexpected of her to be nervous. Edited December 6, 2016 at 04:51 PM by DionFanAlways 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
sfbaysinger Posted December 8, 2016 at 02:09 AM Posted December 8, 2016 at 02:09 AM When I go to wetransfer, it says files delete in four days so I sald yhink it's already gone. I just can't seem to get this for download anywhere. Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
Boy Posted December 11, 2016 at 07:56 PM Posted December 11, 2016 at 07:56 PM I hope I'm not the only one, but I. Can't. Quit. Listening. To. This. Song. You're definitely not the only one... It's my new smash hit 1 Quote Love comes to those who believe it...
agentwigs Posted December 23, 2016 at 11:22 AM Posted December 23, 2016 at 11:22 AM I've been trying to get into this but I just can't. I think it's the 'bedroom voice' as everyone calls it. Also don't like the 'bum bum bum' bit! Recently heard Ronan Keating's version - it's superb so it's not the song I have a problem with, more the arrangement. 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted December 23, 2016 at 06:40 PM Posted December 23, 2016 at 06:40 PM I've been trying to get into this but I just can't. I think it's the 'bedroom voice' as everyone calls it. Also don't like the 'bum bum bum' bit! Recently heard Ronan Keating's version - it's superb so it's not the song I have a problem with, more the arrangement. It was a quick, thrown together performance so I'm sure you will forgive her Kev x Quote
Popular Post scielle Posted December 23, 2016 at 07:22 PM Popular Post Posted December 23, 2016 at 07:22 PM Last minute would be if there had been no notice. They posted an alert about this yesterday. It was scheduled. Try not being so delusionally biased with rose colored glasses on before trying to knock my opinion just because I don't praise everything she does. I know the standards she's capable of reaching - even impromptu moments. This was executed on a very subpar level. Thank you. I personally thought it was perfect. Much prefer the impromptu, minimally-rehearsed approach to the canned (albeit well-meaning) Christmas messages she reads off the teleprompter. This off-the-cuff kind of thing is much more real, memorable, and connects much better than the overly-prepared stuff she normally does. I, for one, hope to see much more content like this on her FB, IG, Twitter. I want shaky cameras, bloopers, and "this-is-how-the-sausage-is-made" moments. This is the kind of stuff social media's meant for. 8 Quote
mirage Posted December 23, 2016 at 08:01 PM Posted December 23, 2016 at 08:01 PM Loved it, for the same reasons.It was sweet, cute, honest. Love it when she is not scripted and a bit nervous, she gets cute I personally thought it was perfect. Much prefer the impromptu, minimally-rehearsed approach to the canned (albeit well-meaning) Christmas messages she reads off the teleprompter. This off-the-cuff kind of thing is much more real, memorable, and connects much better than the overly-prepared stuff she normally does. I, for one, hope to see much more content like this on her FB, IG, Twitter. I want shaky cameras, bloopers, and "this-is-how-the-sausage-is-made" moments. This is the kind of stuff social media's meant for. 5 Quote
agentwigs Posted December 28, 2016 at 06:44 PM Posted December 28, 2016 at 06:44 PM (edited) It was a quick, thrown together performance so I'm sure you will forgive her Kev xAnd bit of a delayed reaction but... hell yeah, I appreciate her doing it and take it for it is! I think it's because when she does random covers in Las Vegas you think... hmm sound quality is pretty bad, probably won't listen to that again. Then you get something like this and you think ooooh perfect sound quality, I can tag this on to the end of 'These are special times'!! Then you realise it's not in the same league so I'll have to leave it off... Know what I mean? Her standards are so high I expect too much!! 🙈 Edited December 28, 2016 at 06:45 PM by agentwigs 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted January 24, 2017 at 01:47 AM Posted January 24, 2017 at 01:47 AM I really do wish someday that she would do a live chat with us fans 2 Quote
Melanieletitia Posted January 26, 2017 at 09:36 PM Posted January 26, 2017 at 09:36 PM I really do wish someday that she would do a live chat with us fans Yes I would love that and I feel like Céline probably would too! Quote
Kristinaz Posted January 26, 2017 at 09:52 PM Posted January 26, 2017 at 09:52 PM I really do wish someday that she would do a live chat with us fansThis would be so fantastic then we could get a chance to ask her some questions we otherwise wouldn't be able to. I remember when Shania Twain did it. It was great 1 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 27, 2017 at 10:13 AM Posted January 27, 2017 at 10:13 AM Do you guys think we'll get live videos on her Facebook from selected concerts of the upcoming tour like last year? I definitely hope so! 4 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Kristinaz Posted January 27, 2017 at 06:44 PM Posted January 27, 2017 at 06:44 PM Do you guys think we'll get live videos on her Facebook from selected concerts of the upcoming tour like last year? I definitely hope so! Fingers crossed and even more so maybe now that they have more experience they can maybe even stream one of the shows you know if they don't wanna do the whole direct dvd thing. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.