SlovakClark Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:24 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:24 AM Meanwhile, it's bizarre Britney is praised for badly lip-syncing to 10 year old vocals, while Madonna is crucified for hitting an odd bum note while doing an honest and emotional tribute to her friend. She doesn't actually have to prove anything to anyone, and no one said a word about Stevie Wonder's awful vocals. It's even more odd to go from that to reading how great Celine was when we all know it was lipped. I feel its kinda a worldwide sport to pointing on Madonna's lack of talent, especially from so called "divas fans" ,its really annoying and very far from true of course. I think she's a fine singer, with beautiful colour of voice.I honestly would love to see the process behind- like who knew Celines gonna lipped, was it a decision from the start, did she decide minutes before, Whats their plan B when the world would realize that, do the organizers know, did Lindsay know, and everybody just act like its live? I dont care you dontlike lipTopic, but I honestly dont know how to deal with it, my best friend is huge Mariah fan, and we always watch "each other" performances, Im pretty sure he's gonna ask me if it was live, should I play Celines game? I probably wont. And can you imagine whats gonna happen on MC forum when he knows.This is really a thin ice. Personally I would much more appreciate non perfect performance even with emotional break, I dont think world wouldve blamed Celine to be not perfect this time 2 Quote http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/853/qwz9.jpg
scielle Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:30 AM Author Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:30 AM Apologies if this has already been posted... but it's 65 pages deep in there so can't find anything anymore! It's been a while since she's had a good cry! Let it go, Celine. You've been such a trooper. 7 Quote
SlovakClark Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:31 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:31 AM I think a lot of people commenting on here are acting like they know better than most (and though some may) it is(was?) actually getting quite annoying.Im sorry to upset you but I knew it from the moment she opened her mouth. I think after those 19 years I know her quite well ,) But the thing that its so uncertain, its actually good, cause as you said, we'll never know 1 Quote http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/853/qwz9.jpg
Kristinaz Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:36 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:36 AM Here is the rip of her speech from Billboard's facebook page. It's not full HD but it's the best we have right nowhttps://www.sendspace.com/file/cutn96 2 Quote
lyn Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:41 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:41 AM Sigh, just reflecting how.. "proud" I feel of RC ^^ I mean we all watched him grow up.. his birth.. baptism.. wishing his mom bon spectacle, learning how to count.. landing crazy shots... insisting on doing his homework.. ok i'm getting creepy. Point is, it's just so great to see what a wonderful man he's becoming. 4 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
marbarrios Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:52 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 03:52 AM Amazing performance! Thank you for sharing. 1 Quote
justinecoria Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:23 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:23 AM Wtf is going on?? Rihanna was on,then a break,then the presenter said "how good was celine dion" then that Troye bloke performs. angry is not the word!OMG I cant belive Ive been watching this for a day and still havent seen the performance Its literally nowhere Part of me is thinking that Celine's team doesn't want anyone talking about the lip-syncing, so the performance is being deleted like crazy everywhere... It's the one performance of the night that is so difficult to be found . If no-one can see it, then this performance will be quickly forgotten, the single won't rise in the charts etc. It's kind of sad though. After a day of excitement, I'm starting to think that Celine should have sung it live. It would have been perfect, even with vocal flaws. People loved L'Hymne A L'Amour despite the out-of-tune parts. Celine's team is probably just happy with the good critics/reviews/trending. Still, I've been watching/listening to the performance on and on the whole day now lol, because I still think it was a good performance despite the playback. But yeah people talking about lip-syncing would be really bad, though for once, Celine has excuses using it. Quote
smw Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:31 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:31 AM (edited) Celine is ALL over the place! Loving this time for her. :wub: Edited May 24, 2016 at 04:31 AM by smw 3 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:35 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:35 AM Why are you there? Of course they are. I didn't expect any different. Typical fans do that when they're favorites are covered and outshined. I'm a Queen fan so I read the page anyway. But Brian May just gave her a huge compliment on his twitter so that's that! 3 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:36 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:36 AM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetProducer for Stone Temple Pilots, UNKLE, Queens Of The Stone Age, Foo Fighters I'M DEAD 1 Quote
nandomeurer Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:45 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:45 AM i don't care if she lipped, she was amazing.. her stage presence is insane. 3 Quote
scielle Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:50 AM Author Posted May 24, 2016 at 04:50 AM (edited) http://m.lasvegassun...Pp5SH3d.twitter "Also flying in from Rio de Janeiro to watch Celine’s performance was Maria- Claudia Sanchotene, her biggest South American fan. Maria also has tickets for two of Celine’s shows this week before returning to Brazil.Jamie told me: “We waited to congratulate her and tell her how proud of her and Rene-Charles we were. She was the last person to leave the arena still looking gorgeous. She was happy to see us and graciously took a picture with each of us. Celine is one of a kind. Her success is due to her love for her fans, honesty and realness." Is Maria Claudia the next Ramona? Edited May 24, 2016 at 04:51 AM by scielle 1 Quote
stone Posted May 24, 2016 at 05:05 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 05:05 AM Im sorry to upset you but I knew it from the moment she opened her mouth. I think after those 19 years I know her quite well ,) But the thing that its so uncertain, its actually good, cause as you said, we'll never knowHaha I totally get where you're coming from and unfortunately some people more than others here enjoy attacking anyone that has a different thought even if it's not negative. Like Céline says, lip syncing exists in the industry, it has its place, it's always going to be here. I too heard the first word and knew it was lipped but it doesn't matter either way for me. I just wish she did it live like @ Caesar's and just lipped the ending as usual but good press is good press! Quote
stone Posted May 24, 2016 at 05:07 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 05:07 AM Part of me is thinking that Celine's team doesn't want anyone talking about the lip-syncing, so the performance is being deleted like crazy everywhere... It's the one performance of the night that is so difficult to be found . If no-one can see it, then this performance will be quickly forgotten, the single won't rise in the charts etc. It's kind of sad though. After a day of excitement, I'm starting to think that Celine should have sung it live. It would have been perfect, even with vocal flaws. People loved L'Hymne A L'Amour despite the out-of-tune parts. Celine's team is probably just happy with the good critics/reviews/trending. Still, I've been watching/listening to the performance on and on the whole day now lol, because I still think it was a good performance despite the playback. But yeah people talking about lip-syncing would be really bad, though for once, Celine has excuses using it.I completely agree it's her team and not ABC's Dick Clark Productions because all the other performances are readily available and in HD! Celine's disappear within an hour, as well as Encore Un Soir today on YouTube. Quote
openthetelevision Posted May 24, 2016 at 05:18 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 05:18 AM (edited) I'm not going to go through all the pages so if this has been posted sorry, but DJ Khaled posted a picture with Celine on his snapchat last night http://ultraimg.com/images/IMG_6643.png Edited May 24, 2016 at 05:21 AM by PriscillaBarragan 2 Quote
StrangeDays Posted May 24, 2016 at 06:41 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 06:41 AM Amazing performance! Quote
manu23 Posted May 24, 2016 at 07:36 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 07:36 AM Soooo annoyed with the lip-syncing discussion, if she did, 99.9% of people will never know because I myself didn't realized (apart from the last note) until you said it here. I actually watched yesterday with people (usually too critical with Celine) and nobody said it was lip-synced, they were amazed and that was the point of using a prerecorded track (as most of artists did during the show). I have read so many comments on Twitter, FB, ... and none about miming so I suggest those so upset about it just keep it to themselves. Were any of you there when the decision of using a prerecorded was made? Do you know if maybe it was Billboard that asked for it since they knew that was the performance of the night and they wanted it to be perfect? Celine sang live a song she is not used to for the AMAs, I don't think she was afraid of singing live a song she performs every night in her show, so since you don't know the reasons behind the decision just stop 5 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 24, 2016 at 08:23 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 08:23 AM New interview for 'People' with Celine and Lindsey after the performance last Sunday night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZDgH6xwbm4 2 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
CaesarCeline Posted May 24, 2016 at 08:25 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 08:25 AM I bet most people were singing or playing along to pre-recorded tracks due to the size and scale of the event and the fact that it was live. 2 Quote J'ai besoin de tes yeux, c'est le miroir ou j'existe, sans eux je ne me vois pasRegarde-moi http://img.noiset.com/images/artist/celine-dion-disc-5017.jpeg
Popular Post rpopowski Posted May 24, 2016 at 08:32 AM Popular Post Posted May 24, 2016 at 08:32 AM (edited) Here's a quick compilation of at least 6 different interviews she did after her performance -- Did I miss anything? Access Hollywood:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLzdxhguMow Billboard:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfQXc9qe50c ET:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4iSGx0Vfqs Extra:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fczig4yBDsg E! Newshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf34C5qCSj4 People:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZDgH6xwbm4 Edited May 24, 2016 at 08:37 AM by rpopowski 9 Quote
Angel2006 Posted May 24, 2016 at 08:35 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 08:35 AM In just over the course of 4 short months, Celine has lost not only her brother but her husband aswell. Adding to her tragedies is that they happened just days apart from each other. We should really be grateful for the fact that Celine is even performing at all right now. Gosh, Is this really what people are focusing on and taking away from this performance, Really? I thinks it's so sad how certain people out there choose to focus on whether Celine is lip snycing or not, when there is so much more important things to take away and gain from watching that performance. Things like, sorrow, sadness, loss, bravery, Grace, dignity, strength, courage, emotion, living in the moment, and being thankful for what you have. Pushing through lives tragedies with your head held high, know matter what obstacles are thrown your way. People who are angry if she is using a prerecorded track, come on. Look around at what really matters in life. 5 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 24, 2016 at 09:05 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 09:05 AM Reportage on Spanish TV about Celine's performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qljgHA1Wk 3 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
artistman2007 Posted May 24, 2016 at 10:23 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 10:23 AM Im sorry to upset you but I knew it from the moment she opened her mouth. I think after those 19 years I know her quite well ,) But the thing that its so uncertain, its actually good, cause as you said, we'll never know oh my god crying again ,i can feel her so much ,so much saddness and imotions inside her ,i cant stop crying as well 1 Quote
maria_k Posted May 24, 2016 at 10:34 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 10:34 AM Nice post from Ciara https://www.instagram.com/p/BFxr2lxSHqv/?taken-by=ciara&hl=enLove the pics 4 Quote
Davey84 Posted May 24, 2016 at 10:58 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 10:58 AM Is there a HQ download of the performance and the award accepting part yet? Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
artistman2007 Posted May 24, 2016 at 10:59 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 10:59 AM She couldn't help crying in all of the interviews,i understand shes been holding it for a while for her children 5 Quote
lllBeautifulll Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:24 AM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:24 AM I feel its kinda a worldwide sport to pointing on Madonna's lack of talent, especially from so called "divas fans" ,its really annoying and very far from true of course. I think she's a fine singer, with beautiful colour of voice.I honestly would love to see the process behind- like who knew Celines gonna lipped, was it a decision from the start, did she decide minutes before, Whats their plan B when the world would realize that, do the organizers know, did Lindsay know, and everybody just act like its live? I dont care you dontlike lipTopic, but I honestly dont know how to deal with it, my best friend is huge Mariah fan, and we always watch "each other" performances, Im pretty sure he's gonna ask me if it was live, should I play Celines game? I probably wont. And can you imagine whats gonna happen on MC forum when he knows.This is really a thin ice. Personally I would much more appreciate non perfect performance even with emotional break, I dont think world wouldve blamed Celine to be not perfect this time Like Britney and some extend, Mylene Farmer, I think Madonna is a performer, a good one, but not a good singer. 2 Quote
Caledor Posted May 24, 2016 at 12:06 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 12:06 PM (edited) Do we actually have picture of Celine & Lindsay, standing next to each other ? Edited May 24, 2016 at 12:06 PM by Caledor Quote 29.11.2013 Paris Bercy: Sans attendre... the wait is over !
Moleque20 Posted May 24, 2016 at 12:31 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 12:31 PM Like Britney and some extend, Mylene Farmer, I think Madonna is a performer, a good one, but not a good singer. You cannot compare Mylene with Britney and Madonna. She may not have Celine's vocal range or be able to hit high notes, but her ballads have a unique style and she is able to sing them so emotionally during her tours and make the fans burst in tears. Sorry for the off-topic. Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
lllBeautifulll Posted May 24, 2016 at 12:35 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 12:35 PM (edited) You cannot compare Mylene with Britney and Madonna. She may not have Celine's vocal range or be able to hit high notes, but her ballads have a unique style and she is able to sing them so emotionally during her tours and make the fans burst in tears. Sorry for the off-topic. We have to agree to disagree. Mylene, even good catchy songs, didn't have a great voice. In french we say ''filet de voix''. Edited May 24, 2016 at 12:35 PM by lllBeautifulll 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.