Angel2006 Posted May 27, 2016 at 06:15 AM Posted May 27, 2016 at 06:15 AM No official date yet. Oh, okay. Thank you for answering my question. There are so many pages to read that I loose track and forget what things have been posted sometimes. LOL Quote
Popular Post destin139 Posted May 27, 2016 at 07:07 AM Popular Post Posted May 27, 2016 at 07:07 AM The lyric video went up on Youtube 4 minutes ago! 9 Quote http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
MalaysiaCeline Posted May 27, 2016 at 07:13 AM Posted May 27, 2016 at 07:13 AM The lyric video went up on Youtube 4 minutes ago! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxyahDOtqZw lovely .......classy.......so much Celine Dion ........so much French flavor ...... Quote http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/29945/2002084162406147433_rs.jpg "Taking Chances"...All Malaysian pls standby for the best album release in the year of 2007....
anewdayhascome Posted May 27, 2016 at 08:54 AM Author Posted May 27, 2016 at 08:54 AM (edited) I needed a few days to comment properly on the song. I really love it. It's beautiful. Celine's voice, the melody, the lyrics. I agree with some of you that it's a little bit similar to Je ne suis pas celle, especially in "un peu de nous, un rien de tout" part where she makes the same sounds. The only thing that I've missed right from the very first time I listened to this song is some kind of a climax, a big finale that would give some power to these powerful lyrics. Of course, I agree with what you said, that it's probably done on purpose but still one longer or higher note wouldn't hurt and would finish off the song beautifully. It's something that could be done in a live version for instance. However, without it, it's still a beautiful song. I'm glad that it has reached such high positions in so many countries. I'm only angry at Sony Poland because I wrote to them and they said it's gonna be released here (itunes etc) but they don't care if it's gonna be played on the radio?! So sad. No surprise why other Celine's singles haven't been played or promoted if Sony doesn't even send them to the radios. As for the lyric video, I'm not fond of it. It doesn't include any relevant photos which could be identified with Celine (apart from the frog and those 2 or 3 pictures of Celine). Of course songs and their videos shouldn't always represent Celine's privately but somehow I felt this song would be like this. After all, it's a tribute to Rene so I am missing some more individual approach to this particular video. Edited May 27, 2016 at 08:55 AM by anewdayhascome 2 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
DionFanAlways Posted May 27, 2016 at 09:44 AM Posted May 27, 2016 at 09:44 AM ......and drum roll please ...... Yep! Guess who can't watch the lyrics video? That's right the States................ Does anyone know how to show it to me? 6 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
A new day... Posted May 27, 2016 at 11:01 AM Posted May 27, 2016 at 11:01 AM At first I also missed a climax in the song, but after listening to it about 300 times I think the song is perfect as it is. 3 Quote
Popular Post mike_z Posted May 27, 2016 at 01:42 PM Popular Post Posted May 27, 2016 at 01:42 PM (edited) I read at UKMIX that she's officially #1 in France. If that's the case, it would be her first #1 in France since 2007. Her 7th ever. Full list of her #1 singles in France:1995 - Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore1995 - Je Sais Pas1997 - My Heart Will Go On1997 - The Reason2001 - Sous Le Vent2007 - Et S'il N'en Restait Qu'une (Je Serais Celle-là)2016 - Encore Un Soir Edited May 27, 2016 at 01:45 PM by mike_z 12 Quote
manilou Posted May 27, 2016 at 01:59 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 01:59 PM ......and drum roll please ...... Yep! Guess who can't watch the lyrics video? That's right the States................ Does anyone know how to show it to me? Also blocked in Germany by GEMA. But I can watch it. google "Hola Unblocker" . With this extension you can pretend to be in France or any other country. Very helpful for a lot of things! 2 Quote http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/idbH/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=6/maxflags=248/viewers=3/labels=0/.jpg
Popular Post max24 Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:08 PM Popular Post Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:08 PM French Singles Chart:01 (NEW) Encore un soir23 (NEW) The Show Must Go On74 (RE) Pour que tu m'aimes encore86 (RE) I'm Alive117 (RE) Parler à mon père125 (RE) My Heart Will Go On161 (RE) All By Myself190 (RE) On ne change pas200 (RE) S'il suffisait d'aimer 11 Quote
manilou Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:10 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:10 PM French Singles Chart:01 (NEW) Encore un soir23 (NEW) The Show Must Go On74 (RE) Pour que tu m'aimes encore86 (RE) I'm Alive117 (RE) Parler à mon père125 (RE) My Heart Will Go On161 (RE) All By Myself190 (RE) On ne change pas200 (RE) S'il suffisait d'aimer Wow really good! A new day has come's peak was 23 as well... 1 Quote http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/idbH/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=6/maxflags=248/viewers=3/labels=0/.jpg
Popular Post Shaun Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:18 PM Popular Post Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:18 PM She's only gone and done it! Number 1 in France! :clap: :w00t: :clap: 14 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
LukeD Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:18 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:18 PM (edited) I read at UKMIX that she's officially #1 in France. If that's the case, it would be her first #1 in France since 2007. Her 7th ever. Full list of her #1 singles in France:1995 - Pour Que Tu M'Aimes Encore1995 - Je Sais Pas1997 - My Heart Will Go On1997 - The Reason2001 - Sous Le Vent2007 - Et S'il N'en Restait Qu'une (Je Serais Celle-là)2016 - Encore Un SoirIt is her 6th. The Reason and MHWGO were the same single, A-side both of them! Edited May 27, 2016 at 02:20 PM by LukeD 2 Quote
LukeD Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:19 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:19 PM Whoever posts this info in Wikipedia better mention that this #1 came after only 3 days of availability! 6 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:20 PM Author Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:20 PM it's great! she is the best although 7809 copies isn't much, is it? 1 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
Loup_garou Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:26 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:26 PM Whoever posts this info in Wikipedia better mention that this #1 came after only 3 days of availability! Good thing that's how it's being reported Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 3 Quote
Ericwwc Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:42 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:42 PM Great. Wish she will maintain on top for at least second week Quote
LukeD Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:43 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:43 PM it's great! she is the best although 7809 copies isn't much, is it?For 3 days without promotion it is a good number. If she had a full week she would have sold almost 20k. Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:52 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:52 PM ......and drum roll please ...... Yep! Guess who can't watch the lyrics video? That's right the States................ Does anyone know how to show it to me? Pathetic, huh? 2 Quote
A new day... Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:55 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:55 PM She's only gone and done it! Number 1 in France! :clap: :w00t: :clap: 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:59 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 02:59 PM Also blocked in Germany by GEMA. But I can watch it. google "Hola Unblocker" . With this extension you can pretend to be in France or any other country. Very helpful for a lot of things!Thank you Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
yellowrose14 Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:00 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:00 PM I really love this song! It is undoubtedly a new classic.. I think the Celine and JJG combination is one for the ages like Glen Campbell and Jimmy Webb or Bacharach and Warwick. His lyrics are always delicate and timeless with a melody that sticks with you. He knows how to address difficult and complex emotions and Celine is the ideal artist to interpret! 4 Quote
browseceline Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:24 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:24 PM I think that's the reason too... As a musician, I hate to play in the key of B, it's full of sharps But who knows... They are profissional musicians anyway.The highest note (I'm not talking about the head voice) in the single is a B4, same as the end of All The Way (from that Sinatra's tribute last year)... I don't think Celine would have problems with this.The live performance will be just one semitone lower though... Like MHWGO. i thinki it is actually quite easy to play this song in original key 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Daysleeper Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:31 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:31 PM Here is the article about "Encore un soir" topping the charts in France. It says that the single sold 7.800 copies in only 3 days and moved Justin Timberlake from the top. http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Celine-Dion/news-101829.html 4 Quote
LukeD Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:39 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:39 PM Here is the article about "Encore un soir" topping the charts in France. It says that the single sold 7.800 copies in only 3 days and moved Justin Timberlake from the top. http://www.chartsinf...ews-101829.htmlI can't remember the last time I read an article about Celine with no idiots commenting about it. 2 Quote
Celcool Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:45 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:45 PM Jean-Jacques and Celine collaboration! It's been way too long. I love the song, more with each time I listen to it. It's kinda sad but I guess it wouldn't be appropriate for her new single to be upbeat after Rene's death. It's fitting and it has beautiful lyrics by Goldman. Thank you for the translations Ad3line and justinecoria. Quote
ivo Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:46 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:46 PM Number 1! Great to see this happening! Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
Critiaslux Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:58 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 03:58 PM And the audio video is fast approaching 1.500.000 views!! (1.430.000 right now) Is it me or the pace is increasing days after days ?I am wondering how it is doing radiowise. I guess that the sales success, radio will happily onboard the song 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 27, 2016 at 04:53 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 04:53 PM AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled about this!! I wonder how long it will stay for as promo will start soon too!! Kev x Quote
luciusbright Posted May 27, 2016 at 04:58 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 04:58 PM Good job on the France Chart!and the Lyrics video, it is so beautiful, this is the 1st time I feel a lyrics video could actually bring more to a single, well done the new Celine team. 1 Quote S'il suffisait d'aimer...
garçon Posted May 27, 2016 at 05:17 PM Posted May 27, 2016 at 05:17 PM Question for the chart freaks : How about the positions of EUS in Belgium, Canada, Switzerland and other territories? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.