Jump to content

New French single, "Encore Un Soir" - May 24th, 2016


Recommended Posts

Posted
So I was reading some comments on YouTube about how they(people,views) want an official music video with Celine in it.
Posted
Yes a video would be great to go with such an amazing and touching song
[url=http://s1383.photobucket
Posted

Not sure where to post it, but did anyone shared a link or dowload for the full version of the "Ma Vie Sans Rene" interview?

Can't find it :(

 

Nabbox tv ;)

Posted (edited)

The lyrics video is so boring :giggle: the words are too small, they should think that people uses their cell phone to play youtube :wacko:

 

but the song is great :wub:

Edited by celinesounds
  • Like 1

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

Beautiful lyric video I think.

Really fit the song: simple and poetic. :wub:

Do we know to whom the hands belong to? Céline or someone else?

It's really cute to see those references to Céline and René with the clock, frog, golf ball and so on Was wondering if the wooden toy at the beginning was one of RC's. And the old camera, was it one of René? I hope we will get clues later on. ^_^

  • Like 1
Posted
Still #1 ppl. That is amazing!
  • Like 4
Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Posted

Lux: #4

Switz: #9

Canada and Belgium: #21 (which is sad)

Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Posted (edited)

quite far with my instrumental of encore un soir, If you want to hear it so far, send me a private message.

First I wanted to share it here, but don't want it to land on youtube or whichever sharing site before I have it finished

Edited by browseceline
  • Like 2
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

2 MLN! :D :clap:

 

  • Like 6

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026

Posted (edited)

Awesome the audio already reached 2 million!

 

The lyric video only has 209.500 by now! I'm surprised this beautiful video hasn't been watched more!

 

Edited by Davey84


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
They should release a regular video for this. Not a lyric one, not a live one. A normal music video!
  • Like 5

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026

Posted

Encore un soir is still charting on iTunes:

#1 France

#5 Egypt

#5 Lebanon

#7 Switzerland

#7 United Arab Emirates

#13 Belgium

#13 Luxembourg

#23 Canada

#31 Qatar

#36 Poland

#52 Mauritius

#56 Romania

#62 Lithuania

#193 Saudi Arabia

#196 Bulgaria

 

Spotify:

#140 France

  • Like 1
Lying-Down-lyrics.png

Posted

can anyone explain to me this part of the lyrics. Thanks in advance

 

But when we live too beautifully, too strongly,

We forget that time passes by,

Just like we lose a bit our bearings

In too vast open spaces

We barely have time to get used to it,

That we already have to step aside

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/tuongkhanh92/cdvn-1.png

 

Celine Dion Vietnam Facebook

 

Celine Dion Vietnam Blogspot

Posted (edited)

can anyone explain to me this part of the lyrics. Thanks in advance

 

But when we live too beautifully, too strongly,

We forget that time passes by,

Just like we lose a bit our bearings

In too vast open spaces

We barely have time to get used to it,

That we already have to step aside

 

You may be too young to understand. That's why the song is so relatable to any one. It talks about death but it also deals with old age and things we can no longer do.

 

When we are very happy and busy, we have no time to think about the future and we don't see time passing. For example, when we are watching a very good film and suddenly it is over even though we think it has almost just begun.

The second couple of verses is the same metaphor but geographically. It means we can get lost in the wilderness, in large areas.

The third couple of sentences is, I think, easy to understand. It is about the brevity and "ephemerality" of life. It is common to say that as we get older we see life passing more and more quickly. "Il faut laisser la place" means "leave the room (to younger generation)". That's what is implied.

 

I said "ephemerality" because "a day" or "100 years" compared to eternity is the same.

Edited by Balao
  • Like 3
Posted

You may be too young to understand. That's why the song is so relatable to any one. It talks about death but it also deals with old age and things we can no longer do.

 

When we are very happy and busy, we have no time to think about the future and we don't see time passing. For example, when we are watching a very good film and suddenly it is over when we think it has almost just begun.

The second couple of verses is the same metaphor but geographically. It means we can get lost in the wilderness, in large areas.

The third couple of sentences is, I think, easy to understand. It is about the brevity and "ephemerality" of life. It is common to say that as we get older we see life passing more and more quickly. "Il faut laisser la place" means "leave the room (to younger generation)". That's what is implied.

 

I said "ephemerality" because "a day" or "100 years" compared to eternity is the same.

 

Wow, you have shown me such a great interpretation. Thanks, bro

  • Like 1

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/tuongkhanh92/cdvn-1.png

 

Celine Dion Vietnam Facebook

 

Celine Dion Vietnam Blogspot

Posted

Remember the song has had little Promo other than in france... im sure the song will shoot up the charts as she tours....

 

kev x

Posted

Ok I dunno if this was mentioned before, but I just noticed something in the lyrics video.

 

I can't remember when Céline and René EXACTLY met, but if you pause at 3:05 you see the concert tickets and the rang and place:

81 - 05

 

Could it be Céline and René met in May 1981??? Could someone verify that??


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Ok I dunno if this was mentioned before, but I just noticed something in the lyrics video.

 

I can't remember when Céline and René EXACTLY met, but if you pause at 3:05 you see the concert tickets and the rang and place:

81 - 05

 

Could it be Céline and René met in May 1981??? Could someone verify that??

 

I'd have thought they'd have met before then. CNQR was released in June and the album November I think. It seems a little bit too quick to me, for it to mean they met in may. But I could be wrong! 😆

Posted
France: #2 (iTunes)
Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Posted

Ok I dunno if this was mentioned before, but I just noticed something in the lyrics video.

 

I can't remember when Céline and René EXACTLY met, but if you pause at 3:05 you see the concert tickets and the rang and place:

81 - 05

 

Could it be Céline and René met in May 1981??? Could someone verify that??

 

They met in January 1981, according to the Germain biography.

  • Like 1
Posted

Ok I dunno if this was mentioned before, but I just noticed something in the lyrics video.

 

I can't remember when Céline and René EXACTLY met, but if you pause at 3:05 you see the concert tickets and the rang and place:

81 - 05

 

Could it be Céline and René met in May 1981??? Could someone verify that??

 

Maybe that was the first concert they attended together?

Posted (edited)

Ok I dunno if this was mentioned before, but I just noticed something in the lyrics video.

 

I can't remember when Céline and René EXACTLY met, but if you pause at 3:05 you see the concert tickets and the rang and place:

81 - 05

 

Could it be Céline and René met in May 1981??? Could someone verify that??

 

I think those are tickets for one of Celine's shows. At the top, you can see "AEG Live presents Celine Dion." Anyone wanna try to figure out which one of her shows these tickets are from?

 

Edit: I think the date on those tickets is July 7th. The only concert she had on July 7 was on the TCWT at Arras.

Edited by CelineDionForeverNY

http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpg

Mais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?

Posted

France: #2 (iTunes)

 

It's ok, just think that she never had this chart run in France since "Sous le vent"... so it's more than ok, and without the support of radios...

  • Like 1
Posted

 

They met in January 1981, according to the Germain biography.

 

Ah yeah now I remember that!

 

I think those are tickets for one of Celine's shows. At the top, you can see "AEG Live presents Celine Dion." Anyone wanna try to figure out which one of her shows these tickets are from?

 

Edit: I think the date on those tickets is July 7th. The only concert she had on July 7 was on the TCWT at Arras.

I was at the Arras concert! :clap: but that was on a square and had no seats. You had your standing place on a first come, first served basis!

 

Maybe I was looking too much into it. OR -new option- 81 is the year they met and 05 is her lucky number :innocent:

 

It's ok, just think that she never had this chart run in France since "Sous le vent"... so it's more than ok, and without the support of radios...

Isn't the song being played on French radio??


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
Ok fans, Celine has fallen to #2 on French iTunes. She still has a chance for staying at the top of the Singles Chart for a second week. We just need to get her to #1, at least till Thursday. If streaming is counted in Switzerland and Belgium, you can also help just by streaming the song. We still wait for Celine to debut on the Belgium chart and for her to rise next week on the chart in Switzerland. Please, buy the song, promote it (if you can) and stream it. The audio has over 2 million streams on YouTube so let's get the Lyric Video to 1 million now :) Link:
  • Like 1
Posted
This song is becoming my favorite about to beat out SSDA and PQTME. (I know, almost an impossible feat!) Maybe it's age talking but the lyrics just cry out to me. I love it! :heart:
  • Like 3
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...