Del Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:00 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:00 PM Bahhhh I guess that makes sense. Just frustrating considering in the end it's all under the Sony umbrella... the money still ends up at Sony somewhere. The money might still end up at Sony but you also have to remember that each division, Canada, USA, France, UK etc have their own budgets and run independent of each other, while coordinating and aligning certain things with each other. It's a complicated thing to understand big businesses with several divisions and how they work. Such a deep song, delicate and exquisite. I won't know how to act should I ever get to hear it live. Just bring a tissue. We all know you'll soon be surprising your husband with a trip to Montreal in August. Hahahahaha 3 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
DionFanAlways Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:01 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:01 PM Ok so it's not Celine asking for one more night but from Rene's perspective? Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
mebe Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:02 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:02 PM They just talked about Encore Un Soir being released on the news maybe it's gonna help to boost the sales for #1 in Canada!! 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:03 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:03 PM Just bring a tissue. We all know you'll soon be surprising your husband with a trip to Montreal in August. HahahahahaI can only wish..... Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
manilou Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:11 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:11 PM It increased even more in France. Justin now sells merely 19% of what she sells. Quote http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/idbH/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=6/maxflags=248/viewers=3/labels=0/.jpg
beelee Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:16 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:16 PM Encore un soir iTunes:#1#1 Argentina#1 France#1 Lebanon#1 Luxembourg#1 Switzerland Top 10#2 Belgium#2 Canada#3 Dominican Republic#7 Brazil#8 Greece#8 Israel BRAVO CÉLINE!! Most charts count sales from Friday to Friday (midnight), so she's behind in sales by 4 days. But I hope EUS can make up the lost time and debut high on the charts everywhere! 1 Quote
beelee Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:20 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:20 PM They just talked about Encore Un Soir being released on the news maybe it's gonna help to boost the sales for #1 in Canada!!Cool! On CBC? The Montreal Gazette has an article on Encore un soir: http://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/music/celine-dions-latest-single-is-here If anyone has a Facebook account, post positive comments! Of course, the first post had to be a negative one. 1 Quote
I Drove All Night! Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:29 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:29 PM (edited) The money might still end up at Sony but you also have to remember that each division, Canada, USA, France, UK etc have their own budgets and run independent of each other, while coordinating and aligning certain things with each other. It's a complicated thing to understand big businesses with several divisions and how they work. I understand how big businesses work, I'm a manager at a big business.... what I don't understand is copyright laws and how they apply to a multi-national company. Two different things but thanks for the clarification Edited May 24, 2016 at 11:29 PM by I Drove All Night! 1 Quote
Katie Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:36 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:36 PM D'eux (The French Album) was the only french album she promoted in the US: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORsEuM0WH4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yoS0rwXt8I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2kxSn8g5XY She has promoted , Dion chante Plamondon; with an appearence on Friday Night show singing "L"amour existe encore" in 1994, but can not find a video of that Quote
Loup_garou Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:39 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:39 PM (edited) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet"Sunday’s performance at the Billboard Music Awards was proof enough that pop needs her. Desperately." Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet"How gorgeous. The power of great music is universal no matter what language it's in!" Edited May 24, 2016 at 11:40 PM by Loup_garou 5 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:49 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:49 PM I understand how big businesses work, I'm a manager at a big business.... what I don't understand is copyright laws and how they apply to a multi-national company. Two different things but thanks for the clarification It's because the different divisions, while being under the Sony umbrella, all do run independently like Del said. Plus each country has it's own set of copyright laws, and some of those laws clash with those of other countries'. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelineDionFreak Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:55 PM Posted May 24, 2016 at 11:55 PM I've listened to this song probably like 30 times today, and I am in love. I hear the meaning and the emotion she has each time I listen to it. I can hear her cry of the meaning... She really does a great job with this, and Humberto really made me voice shine. If all the album is this good, I think this may be one of my favorite French albums of hers. Can't wait for more💞💞 5 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
mebe Posted May 25, 2016 at 12:34 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 12:34 AM Cool! On CBC? The Montreal Gazette has an article on Encore un soir: http://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/music/celine-dions-latest-single-is-here If anyone has a Facebook account, post positive comments! Of course, the first post had to be a negative one. On Radio-Canada (French) Quote
beelee Posted May 25, 2016 at 12:40 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 12:40 AM It's nice to see her getting coverage in US media about Encore un soir, but it doesn't really help if people can't buy it. But at least they link to the official YouTube audio video. 1 Quote
beelee Posted May 25, 2016 at 12:48 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 12:48 AM #1 on Amazon.fr I'm not sure how many people actually download music from Amazon.fr, but it's another #1. Could it debut at #1 in France? The last song to debut at #1 was Toujours debout by Renaud in January, so it's possible! 1 Quote
Loup_garou Posted May 25, 2016 at 01:27 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 01:27 AM (edited) I understand how big businesses work, I'm a manager at a big business.... what I don't understand is copyright laws and how they apply to a multi-national company. Two different things but thanks for the clarification Just take a look at how her youtube videos are Blocked around the world here's a list... Germany and the US are the worst Edited May 25, 2016 at 01:28 AM by Loup_garou Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted May 25, 2016 at 01:31 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 01:31 AM Just take a look at how her youtube videos are Blocked around the world here's a list... Germany and the US are the worst Are you freaking kidding me?! Assuming that list is accurate, "Next Plane Out" is blocked in the country it was a single at?! Man, her team is incompetent. Quote
Loup_garou Posted May 25, 2016 at 01:43 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 01:43 AM (edited) Are you freaking kidding me?! Assuming that list is accurate, "Next Plane Out" is blocked in the country it was a single at?! Man, her team is incompetent. Well, the ones that it says that are blocked in my Country.....don't work Artist Interview by Timo Repo (Part 1)Artist Interview by Timo Repo (Part 2)and a video that says All by Myself but I think I haven't seenhttp://s33.postimg.org/kwcksomu7/Screen_Shot_2016_05_24_at_8_41_07_PM.png and maybe this is why Germany has so many issues https://en.wikipedia...deos_in_Germany by the way, this is the first time I see this, from the same page that we get the iTunes Charts, and maybe It's the same thing with each part of the licenses that permits Sony around the world to sell or not sell a particular track or video Edited May 25, 2016 at 01:49 AM by Loup_garou Quote
Javier_Natalio Posted May 25, 2016 at 02:33 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 02:33 AM (edited) I gave the song a couple listens and I really like it! It has a very D'elles vibe to it. Her vocals are very subtle in parts where we would have gotten big belts in the past, and I'm convinced that's a good thing. It's evolution, it's growth. It's sincere in the way that this is her today... Congrats my queen!! Edited May 25, 2016 at 02:33 AM by Javier_Natalio 1 Quote
beelee Posted May 25, 2016 at 02:37 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 02:37 AM I'm not sure where else to post this, but France is loving her right now on iTunes: Songs: 1. Encore un soir11. The Show Must Go On36. I'm Alive37. Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore49. Parler à mon père50. All By Myself72. S'il suffisait d'aimer88. Sous le vent92. L'amour existe encore95. Je Sais Pas99. Loved Me Back to Life107. On ne change pas151. My Heart Will Go On156. J'irai Où Tu Iras160. Quand on n'a que l'amour165. I'm Alive167. Vole177. Je ne vous oublie pas181. Pour que tu m'aimes encore184. Dans un autre monde189. D'amour Ou D'amitié Albums: 5. D'eux9. On ne change pas22. The Essential: Céline Dion24. Sans attendre26. Falling into You30. S'il suffisait d'aimer32. Loved Me Back to Life37. On ne change pas40. A New Day Has Come55. Céline... Une seule fois59. D'eux86. 1 Fille & 4 types103. Les premières années104. Let's Talk About Love123. D'elles124. Céline Dion Live à Paris127. My Love - Essential Collection159. A New Day... Live In Las Vegas 5 Quote
Popular Post justinecoria Posted May 25, 2016 at 02:52 AM Popular Post Posted May 25, 2016 at 02:52 AM (edited) Hey guys, so this is my take on the translation. This song is so wonderful. I’ve put the translation, plus my take on the interpretation too. I’ve tried to keep the poetry in it, but it’s not easy. Don’t hesitate to give your take on it, just be nice! Also, I totally agree that Celine is singing it from the perspective of the dying one (René's place), asking for more time on Earth. Une photo, une date, c'est à n'y pas croire !C'était pourtant hier, mentirait ma mémoire ?Et ces visages d’enfants ? Et le mien dans ce miroir ? A photograph, a date, I cannot believe it!It was yesterday, wasn’t it? Would my mind be misleading me?And these children’s faces? And mine in the mirror? Oh, c'est pas pour me plaindre,Ça vous n'avez rien à craindre.La vie m'a tellement gâtée ; j’ai plutôt du mal à l’éteindre.Ô mon dieu j'ai eu ma part, et bien plus à tant d’égards. Oh! This is not a complaint, Do not worry! Life has been so great to me; I am actually having a hard time closing it down.Oh God, I have been blessed, and so much more in so many ways. Mais quand on vit trop beau, trop fort,On en oublie le temps qui passe,Comme on perd un peu le NordAu milieu de trop vastes espaces. But one who lives his life this wonderfully, this strongly,Forgets that time passes by,The way one loses his sense of directionIn the midst of fields too immense. À peine le temps de s'y faire,À peine on doit laisser la place.Ô, si je pouvais… So little time to get used to it, And one has to step aside.Oh if only I could… Encore un soir, encore une heureEncore une larme de bonheurUne faveur ? Comme une fleur, Un souffle, une erreur One more night, one more hourOne more tear of joy, A favor? Like a flower, A gasp, a mistake (Flower also means favor in French, so there’s the double entendre hereAbout the word ‘mistake’, I think that she/he wants the Gods to make a mistake and not take her/him. That’s the favor she’s asking.) Un peu de nousUn rien de toutPour tout se dire encoreOu bien se taire en regards A piece of us, A piece of everything,To tell each other it all,Or just sit there, looking at each other. (This last sentence is very poetic in French. I do not know how to say it otherwise ). Juste un reportA peine encoreMême s'il est tard Just a delay, A little longer, Even if it is late. J'ai jamais rien demandéÇa c'est pas la mer à boire !Allez ! Face à l'éternité,Ça va même pas se voirÇa restera entre nous...Oh, juste un léger retard! I’ve never asked for anythingThis is not asking too much!Come on! Compared to eternity, It won’t show. It will stay between us…Oh, just a little delay! (There is a change of tone here. It’s more talking, less literacy as if she’s getting impatient. I’ve tried to translate it this way) I’m getting hungry lol. I’ll do the rest after dinner Edited May 25, 2016 at 03:09 AM by justinecoria 15 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted May 25, 2016 at 03:00 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 03:00 AM The "larme de bonheur" (tear of joy) line especially gets me . . because Rene always cried tears of joy. 3 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted May 25, 2016 at 03:06 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 03:06 AM Hey guys, so this is my take on the translation. This song is so wonderful. I’ve put the translation, plus my take on the interpretation too. I’ve tried to keep the poetry in it, but it’s not easy. Don’t hesitate to give your take on it, just be nice! Also, I totally agree that Celine is singing it from the perspective of the dying one (René's place), asking for more time on Earth. Une photo, une date, c'est à n'y pas croire !C'était pourtant hier, mentirait ma mémoire ?Et ces visages d’enfants ? Et le mien dans ce miroir ? A photograph, a date, I cannot believe it!It was yesterday, wasn’t it? Would my mind be misleading me?And these children’s faces? And mine in the mirror ? Oh, c'est pas pour me plaindre,Ça vous n'avez rien à craindre.La vie m'a tellement gâtée ; j’ai plutôt du mal à l’éteindre.Ô mon dieu j'ai eu ma part, et bien plus à tant d’égards. Oh! This is not a complaint, Do not worry! Life has been so great to me; I am actually having a hard time closing it down.Oh God, I have been blessed, and so much more in so many ways. Mais quand on vit trop beau, trop fort,On en oublie le temps qui passe,Comme on perd un peu le NordAu milieu de trop vastes espaces. But one who lives his life this wonderfully, this strongly,Forgets that time passes by,The way one loses his sense of directionIn the midst of fields too immense. À peine le temps de s'y faire,À peine on doit laisser la place.Ô, si je pouvais… So little time to get used to it, And one has to step aside.Oh if only I could… Encore un soir, encore une heureEncore une larme de bonheurUne faveur ? Comme une fleur, Un souffle, une erreur One more night, one more hourOne more tear of joy, A favor? Like a flower, A gasp, a mistake (Flower also means favor in French, so there’s the double entendre hereAbout the word ‘mistake’, I think that she/he wants the Gods to make a mistake and not take her/him. That’s the favor she’s asking.) Un peu de nousUn rien de toutPour tout se dire encoreOu bien se taire en regards A piece of us, A piece of everything,To tell each other it all,Or just sit there, looking at each other. (This last sentence is very poetic in French. I do not know how to say it otherwise ). Juste un reportA peine encoreMême s'il est tard Just a delay, A little longer, Even if it is late. J'ai jamais rien demandéÇa c'est pas la mer à boire !Allez ! Face à l'éternité,Ça va même pas se voirÇa restera entre nous...Oh, juste un léger retard! I’ve never asked for anythingThis is not asking too much!Come on! Compared to eternity, It won’t show. It will stay between us…Oh, just a little delay! (There is a change of tone here. It’s more talking, less literacy as if she’s getting impatient. I’ve tried to translate it this way) I’m getting hungry lol. I’ll do the rest after dinner Thank you. Beautiful Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
tomier Posted May 25, 2016 at 03:38 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 03:38 AM Guys, the video on YouTube is starting to explode (by our/her standards at least) It's easily going to pass the show must go on by tomorrow I think. This makes me excited and shows how different she is perceived outside of the USA. Not everywhere, but many places anyway. 1 Quote
gafsa Posted May 25, 2016 at 03:41 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 03:41 AM Thank you Justin, now I understand how beautiful this song. Hey guys, so this is my take on the translation. This song is so wonderful. I’ve put the translation, plus my take on the interpretation too. I’ve tried to keep the poetry in it, but it’s not easy. Don’t hesitate to give your take on it, just be nice! Also, I totally agree that Celine is singing it from the perspective of the dying one (René's place), asking for more time on Earth. Une photo, une date, c'est à n'y pas croire !C'était pourtant hier, mentirait ma mémoire ?Et ces visages d’enfants ? Et le mien dans ce miroir ? A photograph, a date, I cannot believe it!It was yesterday, wasn’t it? Would my mind be misleading me?And these children’s faces? And mine in the mirror? Oh, c'est pas pour me plaindre,Ça vous n'avez rien à craindre.La vie m'a tellement gâtée ; j’ai plutôt du mal à l’éteindre.Ô mon dieu j'ai eu ma part, et bien plus à tant d’égards. Oh! This is not a complaint, Do not worry! Life has been so great to me; I am actually having a hard time closing it down.Oh God, I have been blessed, and so much more in so many ways. Mais quand on vit trop beau, trop fort,On en oublie le temps qui passe,Comme on perd un peu le NordAu milieu de trop vastes espaces. But one who lives his life this wonderfully, this strongly,Forgets that time passes by,The way one loses his sense of directionIn the midst of fields too immense. À peine le temps de s'y faire,À peine on doit laisser la place.Ô, si je pouvais… So little time to get used to it, And one has to step aside.Oh if only I could… Encore un soir, encore une heureEncore une larme de bonheurUne faveur ? Comme une fleur, Un souffle, une erreur One more night, one more hourOne more tear of joy, A favor? Like a flower, A gasp, a mistake (Flower also means favor in French, so there’s the double entendre hereAbout the word ‘mistake’, I think that she/he wants the Gods to make a mistake and not take her/him. That’s the favor she’s asking.) Un peu de nousUn rien de toutPour tout se dire encoreOu bien se taire en regards A piece of us, A piece of everything,To tell each other it all,Or just sit there, looking at each other. (This last sentence is very poetic in French. I do not know how to say it otherwise ). Juste un reportA peine encoreMême s'il est tard Just a delay, A little longer, Even if it is late. J'ai jamais rien demandéÇa c'est pas la mer à boire !Allez ! Face à l'éternité,Ça va même pas se voirÇa restera entre nous...Oh, juste un léger retard! I’ve never asked for anythingThis is not asking too much!Come on! Compared to eternity, It won’t show. It will stay between us…Oh, just a little delay! (There is a change of tone here. It’s more talking, less literacy as if she’s getting impatient. I’ve tried to translate it this way) I’m getting hungry lol. I’ll do the rest after dinner Quote
Popular Post justinecoria Posted May 25, 2016 at 04:34 AM Popular Post Posted May 25, 2016 at 04:34 AM (edited) Here’s the end of my translation. I’ve put it all together. Une photo, une date, c'est à n'y pas croire !C'était pourtant hier, mentirait ma mémoire ?Et ces visages d’enfants ? Et le mien dans ce miroir ? A photograph, a date. Hard to believe it!It was yesterday, wasn’t it? Would my mind be misleading me?And these children’s faces? And mine in the mirror? Oh, c'est pas pour me plaindre,Ça vous n'avez rien à craindre.La vie m'a tellement gâtée ; j’ai plutôt du mal à l’éteindre.Ô mon dieu j'ai eu ma part, et bien plus à tant d’égards. Oh! This is not a complaint, Do not worry! Life has been so great to me; I am actually having a hard time closing it down.Oh God, I have been blessed, and so much more in so many ways. Mais quand on vit trop beau, trop fort,On en oublie le temps qui passe,Comme on perd un peu le NordAu milieu de trop vastes espaces. But one who lives his life this wonderfully, this strongly,Forgets that time passes by,The way one loses his sense of directionIn the midst of fields too immense. À peine le temps de s'y faire,À peine on doit laisser la place.Ô, si je pouvais… So little time to get used to it, And one has to step aside.Oh if only I could… Encore un soir, encore une heure,Encore une larme de bonheurUne faveur ? Comme une fleur, Un souffle, une erreur. One more night, one more hour,One more tear of joy, A favor? Like a flower, A gasp, a mistake. (Flower also means favor in French, so there’s the double entendre hereAbout the word ‘mistake’, I think that she/he wants the Gods to make a mistake and not take her/him. That’s the favor she’s asking.) Un peu de nous,Un rien de tout,Pour tout se dire encoreOu bien se taire en regards. A piece of us, A little piece of everything,To tell each other it allOr just sit there, looking at each other. (This last sentence is very poetic in French. I do not know how to say it otherwise )(Un rien de tout literally means a little something/nothing of everything) Juste un report,A peine encore,Même s'il est tard. Just a delay, Just a little one, Even if it is late. J'ai jamais rien demandé.Ça c'est pas la mer à boire !Allez ! Face à l'éternité,Ça va même pas se voir.Ça restera entre nous...Oh, juste un léger retard! I’ve never asked for anything.This is not asking too much!Come on! Compared to eternity, It won’t show. This will remain between us…Oh, just a slight delay! Y'en a tant qui tuent le temps,Tant et tant qui le perdent ou le passent,Tant qui se mentent, inventant les rêvesen des instants de grâce. There are so many people who kill time, So many, so many who lose it or spend it,So many who lie to themselves, making up dreams,And regarding them as moments of grace (There’s a lot of word play here)(My thinking is that she’s saying that lots of people don’t know what to do with their time. Just give her more time to live, and she’ll use it wisely) Moi, je donne ma place au paradisSi l’on m’oublie sur TerreEncore hier. But I would trade my place in heavenIf I’m left behind on EarthYesterday. (Don’t really know what to think about ‘Encore hier’. Does she want to back to yesterday?) Encore un soir, encore une heure,Encore une larme de bonheurUne faveur ? Comme une fleur, un souffle, une erreur.Un peu de nous, un rien de toutPour tout se dire encore ou bien se taire en regards.Juste un report à peine encore.Je sais, il est tard. One more night, one more hour,One more tear of joy, A favor? Like a flower, a gasp, a mistake.A piece of us, a little piece of everything,To tell each other it all or just sit there, looking at each other. Just a delay, just a little one.I know! It's late. C’est pas grand chose. Rien qu’une pause !Que le temps, les horloges se reposent ! It’s not much. Just a small pause!Let time, let the clocks have some rest! Et caresser. Juste un baiser, un baiser.Encore un soir, encore une heure.Un peu de nous, un rien de tout.Un soir. And caress. Just a kiss, a kiss.One more night, one more hour.A piece of us, a little piece of everything,One night. Here you go! As I said, do not hesitate to correct/give your opinion for a better translation! Edited May 25, 2016 at 04:49 AM by justinecoria 8 Quote
mike_z Posted May 25, 2016 at 06:08 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 06:08 AM 465,000 streams in less than 24 hours. It's very good! 2 Quote
mike_z Posted May 25, 2016 at 06:24 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 06:24 AM "Encore Un Soir" is #21 at the iTunes WorldWide Song Chart with 8478 points, just one spot behind P!nk's "Just Like Fire". 4 Quote
DestinMg5 Posted May 25, 2016 at 06:33 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 06:33 AM I hope Celine takes over the world lol 3 Quote [url=http://s1383.photobucket
browseceline Posted May 25, 2016 at 06:34 AM Posted May 25, 2016 at 06:34 AM Here’s the end of my translation. I’ve put it all together. Une photo, une date, c'est à n'y pas croire !C'était pourtant hier, mentirait ma mémoire ?Et ces visages d’enfants ? Et le mien dans ce miroir ? A photograph, a date. Hard to believe it!It was yesterday, wasn’t it? Would my mind be misleading me?And these children’s faces? And mine in the mirror? Oh, c'est pas pour me plaindre,Ça vous n'avez rien à craindre.La vie m'a tellement gâtée ; j’ai plutôt du mal à l’éteindre.Ô mon dieu j'ai eu ma part, et bien plus à tant d’égards. Oh! This is not a complaint, Do not worry! Life has been so great to me; I am actually having a hard time closing it down.Oh God, I have been blessed, and so much more in so many ways. Mais quand on vit trop beau, trop fort,On en oublie le temps qui passe,Comme on perd un peu le NordAu milieu de trop vastes espaces. But one who lives his life this wonderfully, this strongly,Forgets that time passes by,The way one loses his sense of directionIn the midst of fields too immense. À peine le temps de s'y faire,À peine on doit laisser la place.Ô, si je pouvais… So little time to get used to it, And one has to step aside.Oh if only I could… Encore un soir, encore une heure,Encore une larme de bonheurUne faveur ? Comme une fleur, Un souffle, une erreur. One more night, one more hour,One more tear of joy, A favor? Like a flower, A gasp, a mistake. (Flower also means favor in French, so there’s the double entendre hereAbout the word ‘mistake’, I think that she/he wants the Gods to make a mistake and not take her/him. That’s the favor she’s asking.) Un peu de nous,Un rien de tout,Pour tout se dire encoreOu bien se taire en regards. A piece of us, A little piece of everything,To tell each other it allOr just sit there, looking at each other. (This last sentence is very poetic in French. I do not know how to say it otherwise )(Un rien de tout literally means a little something/nothing of everything) Juste un report,A peine encore,Même s'il est tard. Just a delay, Just a little one, Even if it is late. J'ai jamais rien demandé.Ça c'est pas la mer à boire !Allez ! Face à l'éternité,Ça va même pas se voir.Ça restera entre nous...Oh, juste un léger retard! I’ve never asked for anything.This is not asking too much!Come on! Compared to eternity, It won’t show. This will remain between us…Oh, just a slight delay! Y'en a tant qui tuent le temps,Tant et tant qui le perdent ou le passent,Tant qui se mentent, inventant les rêvesen des instants de grâce. There are so many people who kill time, So many, so many who lose it or spend it,So many who lie to themselves, making up dreams,And regarding them as moments of grace (There’s a lot of word play here)(My thinking is that she’s saying that lots of people don’t know what to do with their time. Just give her more time to live, and she’ll use it wisely) Moi, je donne ma place au paradisSi l’on m’oublie sur TerreEncore hier. But I would trade my place in heavenIf I’m left behind on EarthYesterday. (Don’t really know what to think about ‘Encore hier’. Does she want to back to yesterday?) Encore un soir, encore une heure,Encore une larme de bonheurUne faveur ? Comme une fleur, un souffle, une erreur.Un peu de nous, un rien de toutPour tout se dire encore ou bien se taire en regards.Juste un report à peine encore.Je sais, il est tard. One more night, one more hour,One more tear of joy, A favor? Like a flower, a gasp, a mistake.A piece of us, a little piece of everything,To tell each other it all or just sit there, looking at each other. Just a delay, just a little one.I know! It's late. C’est pas grand chose. Rien qu’une pause !Que le temps, les horloges se reposent ! It’s not much. Just a small pause!Let time, let the clocks have some rest! Et caresser. Juste un baiser, un baiser.Encore un soir, encore une heure.Un peu de nous, un rien de tout.Un soir. And caress. Just a kiss, a kiss.One more night, one more hour.A piece of us, a little piece of everything,One night. Here you go! As I said, do not hesitate to correct/give your opinion for a better translation!This is so beautiful. So emotional. Have tears in my eyes reading your translation. I keep thinking are these words as if Rene is singing them? It seems so. The show must go on is a powerballad. Great on itself but can't compare with this intimate confession. A jewel it is. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.