Gulenkov Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:15 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:15 AM Yes, that would be great. The Facebook video of the 25th full show is not working, so could someone put it on YouTube? Or, mp3 would be even better? I agree, it's on my bucket list, I am a non French-speaking fan but I must must must go see her live one day in Paris, preferrably, but maybe Montreal will be amazing too. What do you guys think? Montreal is her hometown, do you think they can top the excitement of Paris because of that? Someone on here said, Paris plus Celine equals pure magic, and, I am not there, but I have been lucky enough, thanks to this forum, to hear every show so far and I think that's true. Do you think Montreal can compete? Also, Stevo, lol, you always think you cannot love her even more but...you do...and as good as this is... you will again. Right when you think that is when she surprises you...I'm working hard on bringing a Full HD version of the show from the 25th. I guess that in 6-7 hours it'll be on my channel. I'll post it here 1 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:20 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:20 AM Guys the not changing of dress have one reason too. We're getting a dvd!!! So she doesn't change clothing because they will choose the best performance and edit it into one dvd, Tt is so that we will have a feeling that we're watching just one concert not cut scenes from different cities. I hope so really. What do you think??? I would love to believe that is the case. 5 Quote
artistman2007 Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:01 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:01 AM I would love to believe that is the case. i dont care she should have changed that ugly thing anyway 1 Quote
Popular Post chocolatechip15 Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:04 AM Popular Post Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:04 AM (edited) I think the speculation about Rene "controlling" Celine and her "hating" Vegas -- or being totally sick of it and doing it only for Rene -- is silly. It really drives me crazy when fans blame Rene for everything they don't like about her career. Does Celine prefer this French tour to her standard shows in Vegas? Yes, it certainly seems so. But it doesn't follow that she hates Vegas or that Vegas was a bad decision. She's a working mother, and her # 1 priority (as you may have heard say about a trillion times) is her children. The Vegas gig allows her to do what she loves (that is, be on stage), while at the same time having stability for her children, sleeping in the same bed every night, having RC be on a sports team, etc. It's actually a pretty amazing career place to be in, which is why a ton of major stars followed Celine there. Celine made compromises in her career because motherhood was more important to her. So have a million other working mothers. It doesn't mean their husbands were controlling them. And of course the French concerts with the lesser-known songs and the super-engaged audiences are more satisfying -- emotionally, artistically, whatever. But Celine *wanted* an international career, wanted to be successful in English, wanted to make it big in the US (and has maintained homes in the US for more than 20 years; her kids were all born in the US). She's not going to just drop her US career, and, Vegas is a perfect way for her to keep up with that without having to travel at all - again, perfect for a working mother. And I disagree that she's such a bored robot in Vegas. Yes, sure, sometimes the shows get into a bit of a rut, sometimes there are audiences that are not that engaged. But sometimes it's amazing. The August 27th comeback show, for instance, was one of the most awe-inspiring and life-affirming things I've ever heard (I wasn't even there, but was just incredibly moved by what I heard online). And even the ordinary shows can be great. I saw the older "Celine" show in Vegas in 2013 and thought it was magnificent. And the audience that night gave her a standing ovation before she sang one note, danced their way through all of LCMM, RDMH, etc, sang along with BYLM, etc. It's not Paris, but she seemed to love it, and it's not exactly bored robots, either. Stepping off my soapbox now . . . Edited June 27, 2016 at 04:14 AM by chocolatechip15 20 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:11 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:11 AM And, as for retiring after RC was born -- yes, she was upset at first about going to work on the AND show, but she said -- just recently, in the "Ma Vie Sans Rene" interview - that she was GLAD that Rene told her, "You can do them both" [the career and the motherhood), because she realized that she could, and she didn't want to give up her passion (singing) completely. She said the same thing to Julie Snyder in that 2010 interview where she's super-pregnant with the twins -- that she knows now that she can be good at both her career and mothering; that she doesn't have to give up her career entirely to be a good mother. And, as someone else mentioned -- Celine first *agreed* to the AND show in Vegas, before RC was born. A tremendous amount of money ($90 million, I think?) was put into it; tons of people were counting on her. She felt differently once she actually had her child and it came time to go back to work -- 100 % understandable -- but it was not unreasonable to ask her to at least give it a try for awhile, because of how much was invested based on her initially agreeing to the show. 6 Quote
Chula Posted June 27, 2016 at 05:36 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 05:36 AM Do you know what time Celine left the hotel for soundcheck on June 24 and 25? Quote
vincentbonvegna Posted June 27, 2016 at 06:37 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 06:37 AM Do you know what time Celine left the hotel for soundcheck on June 24 and 25?16.00 but you have to be there 14.30 to see something Envoyé de mon E5633 en utilisant Tapatalk 2 Quote
Popular Post vincentbonvegna Posted June 27, 2016 at 06:56 AM Popular Post Posted June 27, 2016 at 06:56 AM (edited) It's a little better to see her at night just beside the hotel like I did Saturday night ! She sung "je ne vous oublie pas", and a guy play "sous le vent" in his car and everybody began to sing with Celine... It was incredible. She was so sweet. I have videos in 4K and pictures if you want to see them guys Edited June 27, 2016 at 06:59 AM by vincentbonvegna 9 Quote
Lotty Posted June 27, 2016 at 08:28 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 08:28 AM It's a little better to see her at night just beside the hotel like I did Saturday night ! She sung "je ne vous oublie pas", and a guy play "sous le vent" in his car and everybody began to sing with Celine... It was incredible. She was so sweet. I have videos in 4K and pictures if you want to see them guys Pleeeease! Quote
Javito Posted June 27, 2016 at 09:03 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 09:03 AM I think the speculation about Rene "controlling" Celine and her "hating" Vegas -- or being totally sick of it and doing it only for Rene -- is silly. It really drives me crazy when fans blame Rene for everything they don't like about her career. Does Celine prefer this French tour to her standard shows in Vegas? Yes, it certainly seems so. But it doesn't follow that she hates Vegas or that Vegas was a bad decision. She's a working mother, and her # 1 priority (as you may have heard say about a trillion times) is her children. The Vegas gig allows her to do what she loves (that is, be on stage), while at the same time having stability for her children, sleeping in the same bed every night, having RC be on a sports team, etc. It's actually a pretty amazing career place to be in, which is why a ton of major stars followed Celine there. Celine made compromises in her career because motherhood was more important to her. So have a million other working mothers. It doesn't mean their husbands were controlling them. And of course the French concerts with the lesser-known songs and the super-engaged audiences are more satisfying -- emotionally, artistically, whatever. But Celine *wanted* an international career, wanted to be successful in English, wanted to make it big in the US (and has maintained homes in the US for more than 20 years; her kids were all born in the US). She's not going to just drop her US career, and, Vegas is a perfect way for her to keep up with that without having to travel at all - again, perfect for a working mother. And I disagree that she's such a bored robot in Vegas. Yes, sure, sometimes the shows get into a bit of a rut, sometimes there are audiences that are not that engaged. But sometimes it's amazing. The August 27th comeback show, for instance, was one of the most awe-inspiring and life-affirming things I've ever heard (I wasn't even there, but was just incredibly moved by what I heard online). And even the ordinary shows can be great. I saw the older "Celine" show in Vegas in 2013 and thought it was magnificent. And the audience that night gave her a standing ovation before she sang one note, danced their way through all of LCMM, RDMH, etc, sang along with BYLM, etc. It's not Paris, but she seemed to love it, and it's not exactly bored robots, either. Stepping off my soapbox now . . . She's been there too much time now. The first show was OK, even if it was exhausting and she wasn't happy. The second comeback in 2011 wasn't OK. She did it for René, it was René who wanted to come back again. And as always, Céline pleases. Céline pleased René with many career decisions even if she didn't like them. Now she's been in Vegas too much time. She settled down there? Yes. Is she happy TODAY? Probably. She raised three children there already. But sure she's been wanting to move on and turn over the page since many years. But René didn't want to leave. 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Alex_Incognito Posted June 27, 2016 at 09:10 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 09:10 AM Sheis raising three children, she hasn't raised them yet. 7 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
PuraVida Posted June 27, 2016 at 09:41 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 09:41 AM She's been there too much time now. The first show was OK, even if it was exhausting and she wasn't happy. The second comeback in 2011 wasn't OK. She did it for René, it was René who wanted to come back again. And as always, Céline pleases. Céline pleased René with many career decisions even if she didn't like them. Now she's been in Vegas too much time. She settled down there? Yes. Is she happy TODAY? Probably. She raised three children there already. But sure she's been wanting to move on and turn over the page since many years. But René didn't want to leave. My subjective view is close to this one. Howeve, we have to remember...she wanted to go to Vegas! Not Rene. She saw Cirque du Soleil in Vegas and wanted a spectacle of a show similar to that one, and said so to Rene. Still, the argument for staying after AND could have been her choice or more Rene's. But maybe it was their choice because they wanted kids again. I wish she hadn't gone to Vegas so early in her career, and I wish it did not routinize her so much. But life takes over. 1 Quote
Popular Post Xpresso Posted June 27, 2016 at 10:05 AM Popular Post Posted June 27, 2016 at 10:05 AM (edited) I think Céline now realizes that René wasn't completely wrong. He was wrong with 300 shows a year. But 75 shows is nothing for her and she can also enjoy life and her children, and continue performing and recording without it taking a toll on her. She seems to have found a good balance. Edited June 27, 2016 at 10:05 AM by Xpresso 9 Quote
browseceline Posted June 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM She's been there too much time now. The first show was OK, even if it was exhausting and she wasn't happy. The second comeback in 2011 wasn't OK. She did it for René, it was René who wanted to come back again. And as always, Céline pleases. Céline pleased René with many career decisions even if she didn't like them. Now she's been in Vegas too much time. She settled down there? Yes. Is she happy TODAY? Probably. She raised three children there already. But sure she's been wanting to move on and turn over the page since many years. But René didn't want to leave. I think this tour does prove that she wants to break free. Where are the shiny glamourous dresses, where are her high heels? Suddenly we see a different Celine. And maybe just maybe that is how Celine wants to be. I bet that show gets boring if you have to sing the setlist so many times and maybe those glitter and glamour and being a sexy superstar is not what Celine wants to portray either?. This new tour shows Celine wanting to break free and do what she thinks is good. 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
scielle Posted June 27, 2016 at 01:02 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 01:02 PM Anyone know if the Cherie FM interview here is the full thing?: http://www.cheriefm....ui-seule-339027Or is there a longer version available somewhere? Seems this IS the full conversation. Cherie FM sure made a lot of promo hoopla around a 7-min interview! In any case, nice to know RC is sending mom songs he thinks she'd like We're counting on your RC! 4 Quote
Lotty Posted June 27, 2016 at 01:18 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 01:18 PM Seems this IS the full conversation. Cherie FM sure made a lot of promo hoopla around a 7-min interview! In any case, nice to know RC is sending mom songs he thinks she'd like We're counting on your RC! As I wrote in the other topic: towards the end, Celine says she has a box full of all the little messages René wrote to her and the kids in the morning And now it seems that RC is doing the same thing 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted June 27, 2016 at 01:26 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 01:26 PM What a fabulous interview with CherieFM. I Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Peppercorn1991 Posted June 27, 2016 at 01:28 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 01:28 PM Anything interesting from that interview? Kev x 1 Quote
Popular Post Shaun Posted June 27, 2016 at 01:32 PM Popular Post Posted June 27, 2016 at 01:32 PM (edited) Well after arriving back from Paris late last night I've had time to reflect on what I think was the best Celine Dion concert I've ever attended. It was emotional, she sounded great, the set list was amazing and the whole atmosphere was electric! There is just something about a Parisian crowd that makes a show so special and on Friday night it was the same again. Every time I've seen Celine in Paris I come away feeling like it's the best show I've ever seen and once again I feel that way. Anyone worrying about her voice needs to calm those worries as she's sounding amazing right now! If the rumours are true for an English tour next year I soooooo hope the same idea for performing new "old" songs happens. That would be amazing too. But yeah, once again great memories from Paris. My full audio from the show on 24th June is here: https://soundcloud.c...full-show-audio Edited June 27, 2016 at 01:32 PM by Shaun 17 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Popular Post Alex_Incognito Posted June 27, 2016 at 02:35 PM Popular Post Posted June 27, 2016 at 02:35 PM (edited) I'm sorry, I can't have Javito spouting out his opinions and presenting them as fact. This isn't fair to Céline, René, or to the fans here. Just because one doesn't agree with a career move doesn't mean they should contribute fake stories and project their hate onto others for thirteen years. One person even pointed out he now is even going as far as speaking for Celine, as if he knows what she's thinking and feeling. This has to stop. New fans, take people's "birdies" and inside information with a grain of salt. Please. Edited June 27, 2016 at 02:40 PM by Alex_Incognito 10 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CELINE MARIE Posted June 27, 2016 at 02:57 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 02:57 PM (edited) Edited June 27, 2016 at 02:58 PM by CELINE MARIE 5 Quote
québecflower Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:11 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:11 PM Celine said that we call that Marshmallow, but in french it is more Guimauve, anyway it was funny... 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Popular Post vincentbonvegna Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:16 PM Popular Post Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:16 PM A few pictures from friday night <3It was my first concert of Celine Dion. I was dreaming about this since I am 6 years old. And now I'm crying home in Sweden ( french but living in Sweden until the end of July) because the weekend has gone too fast and i didn't realise that I saw my idol for real... Really frustrating, but that was maybe the best thing I ever done in my short life.I get an autograph at the hotel on my "s'il suffisait d'aimer single", my first cd that my grandmother bought me in 1998. This was a really amazing concert, I was sitting at 4th row with my boyfriend and my little sister, it was incredible.I saw her friday afternoon beside the Royal Monceau and friday night for the show. And i saw her beside her hotel on her car last saturday night.I'm realising now and on the plane this morning, listening to my bootleg that I saw her for real ... I'm so lost and happy, and I already feel nostalgia. 17 Quote
Popular Post vincentbonvegna Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:23 PM Popular Post Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:23 PM This is my single in her hands 10 Quote
vincentbonvegna Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:28 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 03:28 PM I have videos that i will upload tonight or tomorrow, the quality is really nice (4k or 1080p with SONY xperia m5) but 2 minutes of video is like 700mo...So it will take time to upload them. 6 Quote
mike_z Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:02 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:02 PM so any evidence of the concert being professionally filmed? Quote
Gulenkov Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:06 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:06 PM (edited) Finally managed to compile and upload the 25th show from Paris. Most songs are in Full HD with the best sound possible, but some parts of the second half of the show are from Facebook live stream so the quality isn't that great. Enjoy! Edited June 27, 2016 at 04:17 PM by Gulenkov 7 Quote
Remon Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:51 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 04:51 PM so any evidence of the concert being professionally filmed? They didn't have these big cranes in Antwerp, do they in Paris?Maybe the film every concert with normal cameras and add the special effect cameras (such as cranes) later in Canada and then edit all these shots into one big great show? And then probably send Celine into a studio to sing every song all over again Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted June 27, 2016 at 05:02 PM Posted June 27, 2016 at 05:02 PM I imagine the cost of filming in Canada is quite a bit cheaper. 3 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.