québecflower Posted June 26, 2016 at 06:19 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 06:19 PM In 2001? No, she would never have retired then, since she always knew she was coming back! And she did in 2002. What she didn't want is the marathonian contract René selfishly signed for her in 2003. And she didn't really want to come back in 2011 again to the same thing. But in a way she feels she owes her career to René, she's her "masterpiece", so in a way she doesn't know how to say just "NO". She pleased René all the time I have proof, but I won't say where this comes from because I respect his and her wish not to reveal more. I didn't come here to boast nor to show off anything I know that you don't. It's something that for me it was plain clear since the start, and it was confirmed to me some days ago. You take the info and make with it what you want of course, I'm not forcing anyone to believe this, and the people who know me in this forum they know that what I share is with all my goodwill (otherwise I would have kept for myself many unreleased things I found of Céline, either pictures, lyrics and songs). But to think that Céline tells everything she thinks all the time and that she never conceals anything is a way too naïve judgement. She has her secrets like everyone else, and with the Vegas thing she has been more than polite and diplomatic. The patience the girl has got. Vegas has been a rough topic for her and even painful. Again, she did it all for René, not to disappoint him. And when you're in love, so in love like she was with him, you do many things you don't really want to (am I discovering something new here? ) Just pay attention to this current summer tour. It's enough to see her eyes and how she comes alive everytime she comes to Europe and escapes Vegas. It's enough to see that for the first time in decades we had a setlist full of songs she has NEVER performed before -many of them after 13 years- because SHE chose them (this confirmed by Scott Price, thanks to Carlos). René always had it his way. For years and years. Now is the turn of Céline. I wish she could cancel the rest of shows she has in Vegas and start doing what she really wants. The songs we are watching her perform these days for the first time is one of those things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc3BBE3uUxc what you talk about here would be an abusive relationship...i don't say it is not possible, everything is. but i have difficulty believing it. At the same time , i think that René could have made too much decisions , neglecting the artistic side of things and Celine opinion. Celine sure can make mistakes , more than René but it would have been more true, that i believe. It is a bit like the fashion thing, Celine makes more mistakes but it is more her. There is a lot people for who Celine is the bread and butter, i'm sure she is feeling responsible also. 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Popular Post scielle Posted June 26, 2016 at 06:20 PM Popular Post Posted June 26, 2016 at 06:20 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 8 Quote
Dertz1 Posted June 26, 2016 at 06:34 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 06:34 PM https://www.facebook.com/sylvia.sabahhaouz/videos/10208559547520471/ full concert 25/6 <3 6 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted June 26, 2016 at 06:35 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 06:35 PM I love this tour!!! BTW I'm sure I read that she did record some songs for the alb in Paris last weekend before the shows started... Kev x 4 Quote
Xpresso Posted June 26, 2016 at 06:38 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 06:38 PM (edited) Of course Céline was really tired of doing over 300 shows a year in LV, and anyone would be...Just like she would not enjoy doing 300 shows a year in Paris either. It's just too much!!!But a little bird told me that she REALLY enjoys doing about 75 shows a year!But I can't reveal my sources obviously. Edited June 26, 2016 at 06:40 PM by Xpresso 6 Quote
NicoNV Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:25 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:25 PM (edited) Of course Céline was really tired of doing over 300 shows a year in LV, and anyone would be...Just like she would not enjoy doing 300 shows a year in Paris either. It's just too much!!!But a little bird told me that she REALLY enjoys doing about 75 shows a year!But I can't reveal my sources obviously. Oh Jesus. Everyone and their inside info. My birdie tells me her costume in Canada will mirror her nude scenes in DES FLEURS SUR LA NEIGE With all these birds flying around, it's like she lives in an aviary. I hope bird cages are somehow part of her home collection. (Just trying to lighten the mood people. Don't revolt). For the people that attended the Paris shows, did the songs from the new album seem well received? (See look at me trying to stay on topic). Edited June 26, 2016 at 07:28 PM by NicoNV 4 Quote
sayyed Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:34 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:34 PM As my French is not very good all I could catch from the Marshmallow scene is this. There was some guy in the audience who was shouting very loudly after a song ended. ( I don't remember which) Céline interrupted her little speech and told the guy to fling his gift to her onto the stage, which he did. Then she recognized the Haribo brand and made a little joke commercial with the marshmallow bag next to her face. The audience laughed and she tore the bag open and ate one, then gave the bag to Elise who shared the marshmallows between the band members. Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk 5 Quote https://soundcloud.com/finnremixes
ivo Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:40 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:40 PM It's amazing to watch the videos from this tour. This is the real Celine, she takes us back to the nineties with the passion she has now. This tour is amazing and so different from Vegas. I was in Vegas last year and she was amazing, but it is a show. This is a real concert! I can't wait, I will be attending the concert on july 9th from row 23! 3 Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
natalie_ Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:44 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:44 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtdFm42iLNc...when she's sat down on the car, OMG! She is incredible! I love her! because she is very natural, at what she does. When the crowd sings for her, I have goosebumps and I want to cry.I really hope that she also likes and appreciates this! 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:46 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:46 PM Just remember a very small amount of those "little birdies" do actually know quite a lot, and cannot say to much until given permission by contacts or are allowed to give the odd piece of exclusive info. without giving to much info. away... But want to give other fans the heads up to expect something! So please go easy on those who actually do share exclusive info. little bits... However small before they are allowed to give more, or before the full or official confirmation is confirmed, because 'some' of us really appreciate it and respect them for it. Coming from someone that used to do exactly the same with my contacts back in the day and still gets the odd heads up now and again Remember u can't please everyone... And if u don't want to listen to someone, the ignore function works great! 5 Quote
TiagoFragoso05 Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:55 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:55 PM I was thinking... One of the reasons for her to be singing so many songs from 1F&4T is that she's singing one song by each one of the "types"/guys. Arzel= Ne Bouge PasBenzi= Apprends-moiVeneruso= Le Vol d'un AngeJean Jacques Goldman= Et je t'aime encoreRobert Goldman = Valse Adieu It can be!! Never thought bout it to be honest I just think she's so smart. She can compose, create melodies just too much insecure to share it ,even when she had René on her side... But see, this amazing setlist.. A great tour! That feels fresh..not with same typical songs Changing stylist in Paris.. One outfit only witch is quite nice ! Just so smart moves Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk 2 Quote Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg
celine4evauk Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:57 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 07:57 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtdFm42iLNc...when she's sat down on the car, OMG! She is incredible! I love her! because she is very natural, at what she does. When the crowd sings for her, I have goosebumps and I want to cry.I really hope that she also likes and appreciates this! It's things like this I want featured on dvds! The onstage stuff especially. 1 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted June 26, 2016 at 08:16 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 08:16 PM Céline co-wrote the song Les Yeux Au Ciel, according to herself! (08:49) 7 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Angel2006 Posted June 26, 2016 at 08:18 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 08:18 PM Ok... so I know celine gained a little weight after Rene passed away which I love... and I'm never one to think about or comment on weight. But..... is it just me or does she look like she has a little baby belly in both these pics? She's also been wearing such baggy clothing lately. I can't even believe I'm writing this... but I can't help but notice it. Any one else see it or am I just losing it? I think it's all about the angle. It happens to everyone, where they are caught at a bad angle and it makes them appear to have a belly. Julianne Hugh of Dancing With The Stars was even a target of this when she was caught at a wrong angle and everyone thought she was pregnant. In that same day the photo was taken of her or the day after, there was another picture of Julianne with a completely flat stomach with her abs on full display. Jennifer Aniston also has a very nice stomach, but recently while she was on vacation, paparazzi caught her on a bad angle, after a big launch and everyone thought she was pregnant. It can happen to anyone from time to time, even to model's like Heidi Klum and Gigi Hadid. In my opinion I think her body is on point and I think she must be doing yoga again, because she did a yoga move recently on stage. A move that I haven't seen her do since her TC Tour. Celine also does another yoga move in a video on instagram, where she is sitting on top of a car. Celine puts her leg straight out to the side and does a really flexible move. I can't post the video, but there are a bunch of videos of her on top of the car on instagram. It's a certain video though that shows her doing the flexible move with her leg on the car. It's pretty impressive. I think someone in the crowed of people yelled out for her to do a move, because she was kind of sitting in a yoga position with her legs crossed. LOL. Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted June 26, 2016 at 08:26 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 08:26 PM Sorry what's the birdie info?? Must have missed it... Kev x Quote
scielle Posted June 26, 2016 at 08:48 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 08:48 PM (edited) But to think that Céline tells everything she thinks all the time and that she never conceals anything is a way too naïve judgement. She has her secrets like everyone else, and with the Vegas thing she has been more than polite and diplomatic. The patience the girl has got. Vegas has been a rough topic for her and even painful. Very much in agreement here. I thinks she's actually very guarded when she wants to be. This 'open book' thing has very well defied boundaries and I'm sure she and Rene always agreed in great detail on what they do and don't reveal. Again, she did it all for René, not to disappoint him. And when you're in love, so in love like she was with him, you do many things you don't really want to (am I discovering something new here? ) I can absolutely believe that she would do it for Rene, but I also don't think it's fair to say her heart wasn't in it. I think there are plenty of things about it she loved (loves?) - the possibility of really putting on a grand show that you couldn't realistically take on the road, and most importantly the relative stability and ability to have some semblance of a normal life for her kids. But I also do believe that she found it a chore, too much of a routine, and more than anything I sense she deeply misses singing in French. The Vegas show has to fit a particular formula, and I think she's long over it, especially now, ~1,000 pretty formulaic shows in. LV was always Rene's thing - not just because he was a gambler, but because he always saw it as the pinnacle of success. His fascination with Coloner Parker, and that entire Elvis / Sinatra era of Vegas and everything that it was then. I don't think he truly saw it as the plastic stag party destination that it's become since (and granted, Celine's presence there definitely helped change things for the better in the last decade or so). I think her 'natural state' is to let loose a lot more. Rene really cultivated her sweet, Oprah-friendly, ballad singer image (and did so brilliantly!), but deep down I think she's much more of a rocker chick! I remember reading some interviews where she said she didn't really grow up with ballads, it wasn't her thing, that her influences were more rock. I think she just ended up going down the route she did because Rene (rightfully!) recognized that it worked. But I'm really glad she's taking the reins now, and hopefully letting lose a bit more. She clearly still really loves this and Vegas probably feels stifling to her. Just look at how much joy there is in these recent shows, and how much she's enjoying this:https://www.instagram.com/p/BHHMoQFh8GI/?taken-by=mmmaryssshttps://www.instagram.com/p/BHHs-I1BdCr/?taken-by=mmmarysss Lots more IG videos and photos like it. I hope this tour reignites her desire to tour more and be less formulaic, more instinctive in her choices. Edited June 26, 2016 at 08:52 PM by scielle 5 Quote
Xpresso Posted June 26, 2016 at 08:50 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 08:50 PM The birdie must beTwitter... 3 Quote
Popular Post stevo Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:17 PM Author Popular Post Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:17 PM Well I'm home from Paris. I didn't think it'd be possible to love her more, to find her more incrediblé than I did but witnessing a show in French, in Paris- I can safely say it was one of the best nights of my life. It was just magical. She is just so strong. Her voice is a force of nature- we can lick at her for sounding off or hoarse or whatever on a note but seriously, this woman truly is the best singer in the world. Thank you to the beautiful people of beautiful Paris for singing and making my experience one I'll never forget. 18 Quote
anewdayhascome Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:20 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:20 PM I don't have time to write longer posts but both concerts have been immense! and leaving/coming back to the hotel is even better! Can't wait for Tuesday! 2 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Shamrock_1982 Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:30 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:30 PM Glad you enjoyed it Stevo After always seeing Celine do an English/Vegas show... A French show, in paris has to be experienced by a Celine fan, especially a non French speaking fan I think... It's such different experience! I'm glad I did it in 2013! 3 Quote
meanttofly Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:36 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:36 PM Sorry, but there's so much excitement that it's hard to keep up with the topic. Could anyone re-post the links to the mp3 of the tour so far? 2 Quote
sfbaysinger Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:55 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:55 PM Yes, that would be great. The Facebook video of the 25th full show is not working, so could someone put it on YouTube? Or, mp3 would be even better? I agree, it's on my bucket list, I am a non French-speaking fan but I must must must go see her live one day in Paris, preferrably, but maybe Montreal will be amazing too. What do you guys think? Montreal is her hometown, do you think they can top the excitement of Paris because of that? Someone on here said, Paris plus Celine equals pure magic, and, I am not there, but I have been lucky enough, thanks to this forum, to hear every show so far and I think that's true. Do you think Montreal can compete? Also, Stevo, lol, you always think you cannot love her even more but...you do...and as good as this is... you will again. Right when you think that is when she surprises you... 1 Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
CelineTheBest5 Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:59 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 09:59 PM (edited) I think all fans have to have both experiences (Vegas and tour/mini). They are completely different! Edited June 26, 2016 at 09:59 PM by CelineTheBest5 4 Quote https://www.facebook...linedionbrazil/
sfbaysinger Posted June 26, 2016 at 10:15 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 10:15 PM Tatally. Agree. There is something intimate about Vegas that is very neat, but there is something amazing about her on tour. I want to have many more of either one, honestly, whatever I am blessed enough to have. 2 Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
Kristinaz Posted June 26, 2016 at 10:20 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 10:20 PM Lol! I'm so gonna get yelled at for this but since Celine "hates" Vegas so much and Rene is now no longer around to "control" her does that mean there won't be a dvd of this residency? lol sorry but I had to ask... 1 Quote
scielle Posted June 26, 2016 at 10:40 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 10:40 PM Céline co-wrote the song Les Yeux Au Ciel, according to herself! (08:49) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXxCVTIqAfo Nice! Anyone know if the Cherie FM interview here is the full thing?: http://www.cheriefm.fr/artistes/celine-dion/actualites/celine-dion-je-ne-serai-pas-la-ou-j-en-suis-aujourd-hui-seule-339027Or is there a longer version available somewhere? Quote
vincentbonvegna Posted June 26, 2016 at 11:05 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 11:05 PM Ok we NEED a dvd!!! And they really really need to include all this!! The signing autographs at the hotel, her sitting on the car, her standing in the car. The crowd that is going crazy!!! We NEED a dvd with this crazy vibe, not the boring dvd's from the past with no audiosounds from the audience. We need a LIVE experience! Okay, anyone notice the camera guys on friday outside the hotel following her? Anyone figured out if that was for tv, or her own team?It was for TVA Canada it was "Accès illimité " from Quebec d: Envoyé de mon E5633 en utilisant Tapatalk Quote
mike_z Posted June 26, 2016 at 11:11 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 11:11 PM LEE sounded great on the original key! AMAZING! Quote
Dertz1 Posted June 26, 2016 at 11:33 PM Posted June 26, 2016 at 11:33 PM LEE sounded great on the original key! AMAZING!It is half tone down Quote
CelineIloilo Posted June 27, 2016 at 02:59 AM Posted June 27, 2016 at 02:59 AM Guys the not changing of dress have one reason too. We're getting a dvd!!! So she doesn't change clothing because they will choose the best performance and edit it into one dvd, Tt is so that we will have a feeling that we're watching just one concert not cut scenes from different cities. I hope so really. What do you think??? 2 Quote CELINE DION IS THE BEST. THE ONE, THE ONLY, PERFECTION.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.