Jump to content

Celine and Andrea Bocelli to reunite at Keep Memory Alive's "Power of Love" Gala - June 13th, 2015


Recommended Posts

Posted

Of course this is only speculation as nobody knows how long they have on this earth no matter what the doctors say, they are human just like us. But it doesn't sound good, when she said "before he goes" makes me believe that the treatment is just an attempt to prolong the inevitable. I hope we are reading more into this than it sounds, or maybe she poorly chose her words or the words got lost in translation ( in her brain) which happens often with bilingual people.

 

My prayers are with RENE, CELINE and the whole family.

 

I understand as her manager he still wants to see her perform but she wouldn't be selfish at all if she just stopped COMPLETLY and just be a full time wife and mother. My heart wishes she would just stop taking precious moments away from the remaining time they have together ( no matter how long) and just me a wife and mom. Deep down every fan knows here that her heart is 99.9% at home even when's on stage and that's what makes her unique, she's not the same Cèline as she was 25 years ago or even 15 years ago, but Renè, cancer or no cancer is still very much a leader and I believe that Renè actually likes the business more than Cèline ever will.

 

I just wish she is happy and not coming back to the stage too early because it's what she feels she has to do.

Either way her love for him is only growing, more and more from each interview she does, and I ADORE how she has been through his side through it all.

 

Cèlines voice was a gift from God, but the women she is not by chance but some VERY great parents played a great role and raised one hell of a women, which is a bigger reward than any Grammy or number 1 song.

 

 

Well said and I agree 100 % . My prayers are with them too.

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

If a person is weak for any reason, they need to stay in to be monitored during treatments. I have had friends who had treatment and now live great lives. Sadly I had friends who were too sick for any treatments at all. So being able to even get treatment is a positive. I hope these treatments go well, and for a strong recovery. Her ability to keep things together during interviews between Billboards and this one could be a variety of factors. At Billboards, she left from her house. In this one, she had a very long flight, his treatment resumed, and I would imagine she was fatigued. I really don't know how she made it to the event at all other than people describing her as a consummate professional and as she said she kept her promise for Rene.

 

Like she said, they have today. I hope each day is better than the day before.

 

I can't imagine how hard this is for them. Rene's support of Celine and her support of him is unbelievable. Rene is still trying to take care of everything and make sure she and the kids are okay, and she is still standing with him.

 

God bless them all. What can be said besides that I am praying for their entire family, believing, and hoping the best is yet to come.

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by NicoNV
  • Like 5
Posted

Celine & Rene's relationship was built on Celine's career. And I think that's very special. Together, they achieved astonishing things. Celine would not be the Icon she is today without Rene. The talent would've been there -- but it takes a lot more than talent to achieve the status she has earned in the industry.

 

I think Celine wants to carry on the legacy of Rene by continuing to perform. But I cannot fathom how hard that will be for her.

 

I hope Rene remains healthy enough to see Celine return to the stage in August. And, if nothing else, Celine will hopefully be able to perform the announced dates in Vegas. Then she can take as much time as she needs because she stepped up and did what she needed to do: performed in honor of her husband and everything they achieved together. Caesars will go along with whatever she wants, I'm sure.

 

And if it's looking grim for Rene to see her return to Vegas in August -- then perhaps her team could quickly put together a show for her to perform back in Canada. I can only imagine the outpouring of support she'd receive from fans. This way, Rene could see her perform again in a very meaningful setting.

 

But, when it comes down to it, I'm sure Rene is totally at peace with everything regarding Celine's career and he doesn't "need" to know that Celine will go on performing. If she bowed out right now and never did anything ever again -- it's already been more than enough. Of course I hope Celine goes on, but I'm so glad Rene's gotten to see all that he's seen. I can think of dozens of achievements and high points off the top of my head, as I'm sure we all can: FALLING INTO YOU winning the Grammy for album of the year, the bilingual career, the freakish/never-going-to-be-duplicated success of MY HEART WILL GO ON, Celine receiving the Legion of Honor medal for sharing the French language all over the world, the sheer joy and excitement Celine felt in the studio when recording LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE (Rene hadn't seen her that excited in a LONG TIME!), selling out Stade de France, Celine becoming the best selling female artist in history!!!! It's truly miraculous. And her showing up and performing at the "Power of Love" gala with Andrea was already such a grand, heroic gesture.

 

We are lucky to be fans of Celine's & Rene's.

 

Outstanding post!

  • Like 2

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted

Celine & Rene's relationship was built on Celine's career. And I think that's very special. Together, they achieved astonishing things. Celine would not be the Icon she is today without Rene. The talent would've been there -- but it takes a lot more than talent to achieve the status she has earned in the industry.

 

I think Celine wants to carry on the legacy of Rene by continuing to perform. But I cannot fathom how hard that will be for her.

 

I hope Rene remains healthy enough to see Celine return to the stage in August. And, if nothing else, Celine will hopefully be able to perform the announced dates in Vegas. Then she can take as much time as she needs because she stepped up and did what she needed to do: performed in honor of her husband and everything they achieved together. Caesars will go along with whatever she wants, I'm sure.

 

And if it's looking grim for Rene to see her return to Vegas in August -- then perhaps her team could quickly put together a show for her to perform back in Canada. I can only imagine the outpouring of support she'd receive from fans. This way, Rene could see her perform again in a very meaningful setting.

 

But, when it comes down to it, I'm sure Rene is totally at peace with everything regarding Celine's career and he doesn't "need" to know that Celine will go on performing. If she bowed out right now and never did anything ever again -- it's already been more than enough. Of course I hope Celine goes on, but I'm so glad Rene's gotten to see all that he's seen. I can think of dozens of achievements and high points off the top of my head, as I'm sure we all can: FALLING INTO YOU winning the Grammy for album of the year, the bilingual career, the freakish/never-going-to-be-duplicated success of MY HEART WILL GO ON, Celine receiving the Legion of Honor medal for sharing the French language all over the world, the sheer joy and excitement Celine felt in the studio when recording LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE (Rene hadn't seen her that excited in a LONG TIME!), selling out Stade de France, Celine becoming the best selling female artist in history!!!! It's truly miraculous. And her showing up and performing at the "Power of Love" gala with Andrea was already such a grand, heroic gesture.

 

We are lucky to be fans of Celine's & Rene's.

. A true artist doesn't sit on one hit or one album or a succsesful movie that he or she did ,but forget about the past and start from the beginning as if nothing has happened to stay top ,and that's how rene is thinking all the time,other wise he could've told her stay with me u have done it all ,but he knows that it's never enough ,succsesful people have to stay succsesful 100 percent all the time ,and we guys talked a lot about rene should be doing this this that ,but honestly at this time looking back now,I feel that rene is one of the best best managers in the world ,he did what was supposed to be done and made her change and go out of her skin through the years ,and he tried his best and u could feel it through her albums ,from unison till loved me back to life that's so many Celines singing and not only one ,and I'm sure that rene was a big influence behind that ,by working with the most succsesful people in each era of her career ,i really appreciate that
  • Like 5
Posted

uploadfromtaptalk1434474351537.jpeg

 

She s also featured in the Dutch news paper de Telegraaf. But they only say they are close friends and quoted her "If God had a voice" quote.

  • Like 2


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
I remember the first time I heard Andreas' voice. It was a friday and I was channel surfing, quickly, and...what could I possibly write to describe that moment. :mellow:
  • Like 4
Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world, than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled. Neil Ellwood Peart
Posted

Celine & Rene's relationship was built on Celine's career. And I think that's very special. Together, they achieved astonishing things. Celine would not be the Icon she is today without Rene. The talent would've been there -- but it takes a lot more than talent to achieve the status she has earned in the industry.

 

I think Celine wants to carry on the legacy of Rene by continuing to perform. But I cannot fathom how hard that will be for her.

 

I hope Rene remains healthy enough to see Celine return to the stage in August. And, if nothing else, Celine will hopefully be able to perform the announced dates in Vegas. Then she can take as much time as she needs because she stepped up and did what she needed to do: performed in honor of her husband and everything they achieved together. Caesars will go along with whatever she wants, I'm sure.

 

And if it's looking grim for Rene to see her return to Vegas in August -- then perhaps her team could quickly put together a show for her to perform back in Canada. I can only imagine the outpouring of support she'd receive from fans. This way, Rene could see her perform again in a very meaningful setting.

 

But, when it comes down to it, I'm sure Rene is totally at peace with everything regarding Celine's career and he doesn't "need" to know that Celine will go on performing. If she bowed out right now and never did anything ever again -- it's already been more than enough. Of course I hope Celine goes on, but I'm so glad Rene's gotten to see all that he's seen. I can think of dozens of achievements and high points off the top of my head, as I'm sure we all can: FALLING INTO YOU winning the Grammy for album of the year, the bilingual career, the freakish/never-going-to-be-duplicated success of MY HEART WILL GO ON, Celine receiving the Legion of Honor medal for sharing the French language all over the world, the sheer joy and excitement Celine felt in the studio when recording LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE (Rene hadn't seen her that excited in a LONG TIME!), selling out Stade de France, Celine becoming the best selling female artist in history!!!! It's truly miraculous. And her showing up and performing at the "Power of Love" gala with Andrea was already such a grand, heroic gesture.

 

We are lucky to be fans of Celine's & Rene's.

. A true artist doesn't sit on one hit or one album or a succsesful movie that he or she did ,but forget about the past and start from the beginning as if nothing has happened to stay top ,and that's how rene is thinking all the time,other wise he could've told her stay with me u have done it all ,but he knows that it's never enough ,succsesful people have to stay succsesful 100 percent all the time ,and we guys talked a lot about rene should be doing this this that ,but honestly at this time looking back now,I feel that rene is one of the best best managers in the world ,he did what was supposed to be done and made her change and go out of her skin through the years ,and he tried his best and u could feel it through her albums ,from unison till loved me back to life that's so many Celines singing and not only one ,and I'm sure that rene was a big influence behind that ,by working with the most succsesful people in each era of her career ,i really appreciate that

Lovely.
  • Like 2
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted
we can not wait to meet you smw in aug.
  • Like 1
Posted

Celine & Rene's relationship was built on Celine's career. And I think that's very special. Together, they achieved astonishing things. Celine would not be the Icon she is today without Rene. The talent would've been there -- but it takes a lot more than talent to achieve the status she has earned in the industry.

 

I think Celine wants to carry on the legacy of Rene by continuing to perform. But I cannot fathom how hard that will be for her.

 

I hope Rene remains healthy enough to see Celine return to the stage in August. And, if nothing else, Celine will hopefully be able to perform the announced dates in Vegas. Then she can take as much time as she needs because she stepped up and did what she needed to do: performed in honor of her husband and everything they achieved together. Caesars will go along with whatever she wants, I'm sure.

 

And if it's looking grim for Rene to see her return to Vegas in August -- then perhaps her team could quickly put together a show for her to perform back in Canada. I can only imagine the outpouring of support she'd receive from fans. This way, Rene could see her perform again in a very meaningful setting.

 

But, when it comes down to it, I'm sure Rene is totally at peace with everything regarding Celine's career and he doesn't "need" to know that Celine will go on performing. If she bowed out right now and never did anything ever again -- it's already been more than enough. Of course I hope Celine goes on, but I'm so glad Rene's gotten to see all that he's seen. I can think of dozens of achievements and high points off the top of my head, as I'm sure we all can: FALLING INTO YOU winning the Grammy for album of the year, the bilingual career, the freakish/never-going-to-be-duplicated success of MY HEART WILL GO ON, Celine receiving the Legion of Honor medal for sharing the French language all over the world, the sheer joy and excitement Celine felt in the studio when recording LOVED ME BACK TO LIFE (Rene hadn't seen her that excited in a LONG TIME!), selling out Stade de France, Celine becoming the best selling female artist in history!!!! It's truly miraculous. And her showing up and performing at the "Power of Love" gala with Andrea was already such a grand, heroic gesture.

 

We are lucky to be fans of Celine's & Rene's.

 

So well said. I think this sums up everything so well.Very good post!

  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
I wouldn't mind a closer, professional video of the performance. Wishful thinking.
  • Like 5
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

 

 

I have a very large box of q-tips for everyone who said she was sharp. This performance was vocally stellar.

  • Like 5

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
I work for a hospice with cancer/terminal patients everyday. I am kind of reading between the lines but It sounds like they are buying time - the cancer is not curable but treatable if that makes sense. Keeping it from getting worse may prolong his life a few weeks/months but it is probably terminal. Prayers being sent to the Angelil/Dion families!
  • Like 5
Posted
i think it was a great performance, a lot of emotions, new ways to sing the song,great moments, no nasality, but i didn't think it was perfect, there was little mistakes. But moments before she was talking or listening to Sharon Stone, it seemed emotional.
  • Like 4
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted
I'd rather have a performance like this with pure emotion than a vocally perfect robotic performance anytime. This was one of the most heartfelt performances from Celine for a while. Heart on sleeve - the Celine I love to watch and hear 💕
  • Like 6
Posted
Guys can we send a card or flowers to then from all of US HERE, WE did it for her when she had the Twins, why now do it this time around,?
Posted
I was thinking about that too
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
Does anybody have an address on where we can send it to
Posted (edited)
--- Edited by browseceline
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted (edited)

I have a very large box of q-tips for everyone who said she was sharp. This performance was vocally stellar.

Thank you! She was still sharp. :innocent: Edited by LukeD
  • Like 1
Posted

I wouldn't mind a closer, professional video of the performance. Wishful thinking.

With Andrea's evening show being so spectacular, from the little we saw and could hear in the background, when Celine was talking to Sharon Stone, surely it has been filmed properly, and a DVD will be out in a couple of months. Let's hope so. It seemed to be a wonderful evening. :)

 

Sharon

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

I have a very large box of q-tips for everyone who said she was sharp. This performance was vocally stellar.

I don't even know what that means LOL. But it was sharp.

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
Celine Dion Greece posted some kind of official footage so it must have been recorded in full
  • Like 1

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026

Posted

It was brilliant. Those power notes were just amazing.... We shouldn't complain one bit!

 

Kev x

  • Like 1
Posted

 

I don't even know what that means LOL. But it was sharp.

 

LOL!! Q-Tips are cotton swabs you use to clean your ears with :-P

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
She was actually pretty flat in places and her timing was all over the place. I didn't love this performance but hey it's 50000000 times better than playback!
  • Like 1

J'ai besoin de tes yeux, c'est le miroir ou j'existe, sans eux je ne me vois pas

Regarde-moi

 

http://img.noiset.com/images/artist/celine-dion-disc-5017.jpeg

Posted

She was actually pretty flat in places and her timing was all over the place. I didn't love this performance but hey it's 50000000 times better than playback!

thank god she was even there and performing with all she's going through and a 12 hour flight ,the performance was great and so heart felt but her mind for sure was somewhere else
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...