AllaneZ Posted June 29, 2015 at 07:08 AM Posted June 29, 2015 at 07:08 AM Her voice, still the same like back in 1997 1 Quote
Angel2006 Posted June 29, 2015 at 07:40 PM Posted June 29, 2015 at 07:40 PM I agree her voice sounds amazing! Some people said she sounded pitchy or whatever, but anyone would sound like this if they were holding back tears trying not to burst out crying the whole time. If Celine was not dealing with Rene and his health issues this would be perfection. In my opinion though it is already perfection in my mind. I don't know who couldn't have been move by Celine's emotion, power and courage that it took for her to perform that night. True class act! 2 Quote
nuts2you Posted June 29, 2015 at 10:28 PM Posted June 29, 2015 at 10:28 PM DDoes anybody have this mag that the can shar with us, and can someone pls transatle this for u 1 Quote
browseceline Posted June 29, 2015 at 11:31 PM Posted June 29, 2015 at 11:31 PM (edited) You need to take a deep breath and perhaps learn how to be constructive. This is a forum. Not a church. I said nothing barbaric and quite frankly your post is childish. She's a singer...singers get reviewed. Nobody was scathing. Just because someones doesn't like your precious singer's performance doesn't mean they want her executed. Second of all, did I even mention her rehearsing? No. It's "The Prayer", not the long version of "It's All Coming Back to me Now." Your point isn't even valid because she did rehearse. I've been a fan for 20 years. I don't need newbie fans who have nothing else in their lives to beat me with a club just because I didn't like one of her performances. And finally, yes, we're all thrilled ahe performed. She's a performer. Not a God nor a demi-God. But every time you take the stage there will people that DISCUSS the positives and negatives. I agree. Of course it is couregeous and fantastic that she still was there and flying over for this occasion. But you do not have to be an expert to hear this was not her best rendition of this song. It is not that i critizize her. It is just plain observation and it is perfectly understandable that she sang it this way. And i applaud her that she did sing the song gIven the circumstances rene and celine currently have to deal with. I can only say one word- respect! Edited June 29, 2015 at 11:32 PM by browseceline 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
DionFanAlways Posted June 30, 2015 at 12:21 AM Posted June 30, 2015 at 12:21 AM (edited) She's.... Not a God nor a demi-God. Alex, are you absolutely, 100% positive????? Edited June 30, 2015 at 12:26 AM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
québecflower Posted June 30, 2015 at 01:44 AM Posted June 30, 2015 at 01:44 AM Alex, are you absolutely, 100% positive????? one can't be sure i would think 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Alex_Incognito Posted June 30, 2015 at 08:53 PM Posted June 30, 2015 at 08:53 PM Alex, are you absolutely, 100% positive?????Ok, I lied ... 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Popular Post celinemaniac07 Posted June 30, 2015 at 09:49 PM Popular Post Posted June 30, 2015 at 09:49 PM I may be in the minority with this one, but I think Celines voice now, even from 2001 on sounds even better live than before then. She has ALWAYS had the most gorgeous and fantastic voice so I am not saying it was not spectacular..just so much more "colorful" now. It is hard to put into words. Trust me back in 1995 I thought her voice was outstanding and one of the best I have ever heard and that it could not get better than that, but over the years it absolutely has. All By Mysel, Its All Coming Back To Me Now, River Deep Mountain High, Beauty and the Beast...pretty much everything has more emotion, color, texture than ever before. She sings with more runs and riffs and emotion now. Well she always had great emotion, but in my opinion currently her voice is much stronger live than before. I look forward to seeing what she does with her songs on August 27th and so on. Hopefully there will be some new versions and maybe even new vocal arrangements on a few songs or parts. Cant wait to see her soon! 8 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted June 30, 2015 at 11:36 PM Posted June 30, 2015 at 11:36 PM Ok, I lied ...You are forgiven. Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
powerofamor17 Posted June 30, 2015 at 11:37 PM Posted June 30, 2015 at 11:37 PM I may be in the minority with this one, but I think Celines voice now, even from 2001 on sounds even better live than before then. She has ALWAYS had the most gorgeous and fantastic voice so I am not saying it was not spectacular..just so much more "colorful" now. It is hard to put into words. Trust me back in 1995 I thought her voice was outstanding and one of the best I have ever heard and that it could not get better than that, but over the years it absolutely has. All By Mysel, Its All Coming Back To Me Now, River Deep Mountain High, Beauty and the Beast...pretty much everything has more emotion, color, texture than ever before. She sings with more runs and riffs and emotion now. Well she always had great emotion, but in my opinion currently her voice is much stronger live than before. I look forward to seeing what she does with her songs on August 27th and so on. Hopefully there will be some new versions and maybe even new vocal arrangements on a few songs or parts. Cant wait to see her soon!I agree that it's really great. But I think her voice is really the same, Just annunciation is alot different. I think back then she tried singer deeper like her normal voice is now. For example her renditions of Seduces me and Fly/Vole. And now, she reverts back to that softer tone at times, like in At Seventeen, BATB, And Incredible. I love it. She has two voices if that makes since. Her 90s voice and her now voice. 1 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 1, 2015 at 01:56 PM Posted July 1, 2015 at 01:56 PM I agree that it's really great. But I think her voice is really the same, Just annunciation is alot different. I think back then she tried singer deeper like her normal voice is now. For example her renditions of Seduces me and Fly/Vole. And now, she reverts back to that softer tone at times, like in At Seventeen, BATB, And Incredible. I love it. She has two voices if that makes since. Her 90s voice and her now voice.I think Thank You/Thankful are also examples of her 90's voice, kinda soft! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
powerofamor17 Posted July 1, 2015 at 05:32 PM Posted July 1, 2015 at 05:32 PM I think Thank You/Thankful are also examples of her 90's voice, kinda soft!I agree. Also her Live performances of Because you loved me are very similar to the past ones. And Lullaby, I love her voice in it. 1 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 1, 2015 at 07:37 PM Posted July 1, 2015 at 07:37 PM (edited) I agree. Also her Live performances of Because you loved me are very similar to the past ones. And Lullaby, I love her voice in it.I'm a little sick of Lullaby, actually. don't kill me LOL. Edited July 1, 2015 at 07:38 PM by CelineDionFreak 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
powerofamor17 Posted July 1, 2015 at 11:50 PM Posted July 1, 2015 at 11:50 PM I'm a little sick of Lullaby, actually. don't kill me LOL. Lol. I am too, I want every cover to go from the setlist actually. I absolutely hate the fact that she chooses all these covers. Besides the ones that are hits and remotely hers, I wish she'd just STOP! 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 2, 2015 at 03:56 AM Posted July 2, 2015 at 03:56 AM Lol. I am too, I want every cover to go from the setlist actually. I absolutely hate the fact that she chooses all these covers. Besides the ones that are hits and remotely hers, I wish she'd just STOP! ..."Lullaby" is actually one of Billy Joel's most celebrated songs. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
powerofamor17 Posted July 2, 2015 at 06:29 AM Posted July 2, 2015 at 06:29 AM ..."Lullaby" is actually one of Billy Joel's most celebrated songs.I'm aware, but Celine needs to sing Her lullabies. She made a whole album of them, and decided to choose someone else's. But she's sang Billy Joel's lullaby long enough, I say. 3 Quote
LukeD Posted July 2, 2015 at 08:12 AM Posted July 2, 2015 at 08:12 AM (edited) As far as picking covers is concerned, she should never again choose a French cover over one of her French originals & never pick a random lullaby over hers. Recording in French and singing songs abound motherhood are HER thing. It is what put her apart from the average American recording female artist. Edited July 2, 2015 at 08:14 AM by LukeD 7 Quote
LukeD Posted July 2, 2015 at 02:34 PM Posted July 2, 2015 at 02:34 PM (edited) ^ About + Around = Abound. Edited July 2, 2015 at 02:35 PM by LukeD Quote
Timster Posted July 2, 2015 at 06:54 PM Posted July 2, 2015 at 06:54 PM As far as picking covers is concerned, she should never again choose a French cover over one of her French originals & never pick a random lullaby over hers. Recording in French and singing songs abound motherhood are HER thing. It is what put her apart from the average American recording female artist. You are absolutely right. I would love to see a 'Miracle Medley' as part of the show, featuring photos from the Miracle photoshoot and then photos and videos of Celine's own children. A medley with Miracle, My Precious One, Come To Me & In Some Small Way would be lovely. 5 Quote
celine4evauk Posted July 2, 2015 at 08:25 PM Posted July 2, 2015 at 08:25 PM I don't mind covers as long as they bring out something different in Celine we don't usually see. For instance Mr Paganini. Very rare she does jazz,and the more used to the song she got,the more she had fun with it and got more jazzy. I'm fine with covers like that. But to do a cover when she has songs in her own back catalogue that would fit just as well, I don't understand it. 5 Quote
LukeD Posted July 2, 2015 at 09:47 PM Posted July 2, 2015 at 09:47 PM (edited) You are absolutely right. I would love to see a 'Miracle Medley' as part of the show, featuring photos from the Miracle photoshoot and then photos and videos of Celine's own children. A medley with Miracle, My Precious One, Come To Me & In Some Small Way would be lovely.Great idea. These are my favorite songs from the album, If I Could is also a highlight but it had its moment in the previous show. In Some Small Way is the most meaningful English song she recorded during the 00s in my opinion, I absolutely love it..! Edited July 2, 2015 at 09:48 PM by LukeD 7 Quote
flutefreak Posted July 2, 2015 at 09:51 PM Posted July 2, 2015 at 09:51 PM Would love to hear in some small way again! 5 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 2, 2015 at 11:36 PM Posted July 2, 2015 at 11:36 PM I don't mind covers as long as they bring out something different in Celine we don't usually see. For instance Mr Paganini. Very rare she does jazz,and the more used to the song she got,the more she had fun with it and got more jazzy. I'm fine with covers like that. But to do a cover when she has songs in her own back catalogue that would fit just as well, I don't understand it.That's what I say! Mr. Paganini I just LOVED! I wouldn't die if she kept it. 5 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
smw Posted July 3, 2015 at 03:54 PM Posted July 3, 2015 at 03:54 PM I don't mind covers as long as they bring out something different in Celine we don't usually see. For instance Mr Paganini. Very rare she does jazz,and the more used to the song she got,the more she had fun with it and got more jazzy. I'm fine with covers like that. But to do a cover when she has songs in her own back catalogue that would fit just as well, I don't understand it. Agreed!! Quote
anewdayhascome Posted July 3, 2015 at 06:19 PM Posted July 3, 2015 at 06:19 PM In Some Small Way 4 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
scielle Posted March 31, 2016 at 01:03 PM Posted March 31, 2016 at 01:03 PM (edited) Too bad she's got a Caesars Palace show that night (May 21), would be great to see Celine back at this fundraiser. This year they're celebrating Tony Bennett in honour of his 90th birthday. And I'd love to see Celine there and hanging out with the other peeps who are slated to perform that night - http://www.prnewswir...-300242223.html Edited March 31, 2016 at 01:06 PM by scielle 1 Quote
mirage Posted March 31, 2016 at 08:44 PM Posted March 31, 2016 at 08:44 PM She could... before or after.And sing the duet with Tony!!!! 2 Quote
scielle Posted February 28, 2017 at 03:20 AM Posted February 28, 2017 at 03:20 AM I was hoping she'd make it to the gala last year to honour Tony, but alas, it wasn't to be. But this year she's got no show that night (April 27), so perhaps there's a chance?The honoree is Andre Agassi, so I wouldn't be surprised if Celine made an effort to be there. After all, wasn't it Andre who first played Celine for Babs? So far Gwen Stefani and Jon Bon Jovi are set to perform -http://www.keepmemoryalive.org/ways_to_contribute/attend_an_event/upcoming_events/2017/04/27/power-of-love-gala-2017 Here's hoping it happens.(Also, I want a picture of Celine with Steffi! Can you imagine the LEGS?! ) Quote
stevo Posted February 28, 2017 at 06:51 AM Posted February 28, 2017 at 06:51 AM Céline has been at Andre Agassi events before, I'm sure in the heydays? I'm sure there are pics of them. Quote
scielle Posted February 28, 2017 at 12:23 PM Posted February 28, 2017 at 12:23 PM Céline has been at Andre Agassi events before, I'm sure in the heydays? I'm sure there are pics of them. There are. She did at least one of his fundraisers in the past. Plus weren't they partners in that Pure Nightclub thing?I don't think I've ever seen Celine with Steffi though. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.