Chin Posted June 18, 2015 at 03:50 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 03:50 PM Celine did a great job as usual... Hope there will be an official or a professional video for the performance Quote
powerofamor17 Posted June 18, 2015 at 04:45 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 04:45 PM Everyone's a critic. Some even worse than the professional ones. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted June 18, 2015 at 06:17 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 06:17 PM (edited) I love how one speaks using vocal terminology like ''pitch'', ''timing'' and so on, only to get a defensive reply that the performance was ''heartfelt'' and ''emotional''. Two different worlds. Edited June 18, 2015 at 06:18 PM by LukeD 2 Quote
celine4evauk Posted June 18, 2015 at 07:01 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 07:01 PM I love how one speaks using vocal terminology like ''pitch'', ''timing'' and so on, only to get a defensive reply that the performance was ''heartfelt'' and ''emotional''. Two different worlds. Yes two different worlds but it all comes down to the individual. Some want perfect vocals,others can look beyond that where necessary. We all know how perfect Celine's vocals can be,but considering all that's going on etc I can overlook certain technical details and focus on the emotion,bravery and professionalism of Celine. It's almost impossible to sing with such emotion,at such a time in your life,and still be technically spot on from start to finish. This is just my point of view though. Others may disagree. 5 Quote
LukeD Posted June 18, 2015 at 07:11 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 07:11 PM (edited) Yes two different worlds but it all comes down to the individual. Some want perfect vocals,others can look beyond that where necessary. We all know how perfect Celine's vocals can be,but considering all that's going on etc I can overlook certain technical details and focus on the emotion,bravery and professionalism of Celine. It's almost impossible to sing with such emotion,at such a time in your life,and still be technically spot on from start to finish.This is just my point of view though. Others may disagree.Each to their own. I understand what you are saying, but the point of my post is that it makes no sense to try to invalidate arguments that are based on vocal theory by using arguments that are based on personal preference. Edited June 18, 2015 at 07:11 PM by LukeD 1 Quote
celine4evauk Posted June 18, 2015 at 07:47 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 07:47 PM Each to their own. I understand what you are saying, but the point of my post is that it makes no sense to try to invalidate arguments that are based on vocal theory by using arguments that are based on personal preference. True I do know what you mean also. But saying that I didn't realise there were so many people on here who know vocal theory so professionally! I always thought this was a fan site, not Abbey Road studios 😅so I don't get into all the "she was off here,and wasn't right there" business. I leave that for others. For me it's always just my preference. But no you can't validate an argument with technical versus preference. But some do,or would rather focus on one than the other. 😁 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted June 18, 2015 at 08:33 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 08:33 PM Give the lady a break!!! She has a lot going on in her life, she's a legend with an incredible voice and status but she's also a human being with feelings, kids and an husband battling cancer! I thought this was a breath of fresh air for this song and she should be applauded, for being there, and singing live! It was different, it was off in bits but she's human!!!!! I personally think looking at different angles off this performance from various vids, that she was too close to Andrea, and she's known not to have her earphones turned up to high, so this I think caused a few timing and pitch issues as you can see her holding her earpiece right in to her ear at one point. But regardless, it's not a recording you are listening to, it's live, and every live performance is going to be different for one reason or another, it's normal, to be expected!!! She has courageous, she's a pro, she has a huge heart, and she keeps her promise and that should be acknowledged and praised! I'm proud of her. 7 Quote
nuts2you Posted June 18, 2015 at 08:53 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 08:53 PM Darn it Celine, showed up again this time in the Vancouver Sun Newspaper. Seriously. Quote
LukeD Posted June 18, 2015 at 11:35 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 11:35 PM True I do know what you mean also. But saying that I didn't realise there were so many people on here who know vocal theory so professionally! I always thought this was a fan site, not Abbey Road studios so I don't get into all the "she was off here,and wasn't right there" business. I leave that for others. For me it's always just my preference. But no you can't validate an argument with technical versus preference. But some do,or would rather focus on one than the other. Don't get me wrong, I don't think one has to be an expert to detect to off key moments or flat singing. And being sharp (what we said Celine did) is not a big deal anyway. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted June 18, 2015 at 11:42 PM Posted June 18, 2015 at 11:42 PM (edited) Give the lady a break!!! She has a lot going on in her life, she's a legend with an incredible voice and status but she's also a human being with feelings, kids and an husband battling cancer! I thought this was a breath of fresh air for this song and she should be applauded, for being there, and singing live! It was different, it was off in bits but she's human!!!!! I personally think looking at different angles off this performance from various vids, that she was too close to Andrea, and she's known not to have her earphones turned up to high, so this I think caused a few timing and pitch issues as you can see her holding her earpiece right in to her ear at one point. But regardless, it's not a recording you are listening to, it's live, and every live performance is going to be different for one reason or another, it's normal, to be expected!!! She has courageous, she's a pro, she has a huge heart, and she keeps her promise and that should be acknowledged and praised! I'm proud of her.Sorry to insist BUT I think everyone is proud of her, even those who said she was off at moments. The first things you cite as excuses could only explain a bad vocal shape. I would surely expect lack of training or even lack of rest from a woman who has so many things going on. It is rather a fact though that Celine was in top shape, everyone agrees on that. That said, there is no way pitch issues are correlated to her personal struggles. Edited June 18, 2015 at 11:50 PM by LukeD Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted June 19, 2015 at 12:05 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 12:05 AM (edited) That said, there is no way pitch issues are correlated to her personal struggles.Amen. You hit the nail on the head. I challenge those who love this performance so much to throw out the Olympia album and replace it with AND...LiLV. Those commenting about pitch aren't bashing her. It's okay she wasn't in pitch, but we're not going to piss on your leg and tell you it's raining.Celine doesn't need anyone's excuses. We know what she sounds like when she's in full form. This wasn't one of those times. I'm not sorry we noticed. Edited June 19, 2015 at 12:06 AM by Alex_Incognito 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Ororo Munroe Posted June 19, 2015 at 12:18 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 12:18 AM (edited) Amen. You hit the nail on the head. I challenge those who love this performance so much to throw out the Olympia album and replace it with AND...LiLV. Those commenting about pitch aren't bashing her. It's okay she wasn't in pitch, but we're not going to piss on your leg and tell you it's raining.Celine doesn't need anyone's excuses. We know what she sounds like when she's in full form. This wasn't one of those times. I'm not sorry we noticed. Your behavior makes me sick ! How is it possible to criticize this performance ?! We don't care about the fact it's perfect or not. After what she went through !!!! It's not the time to speak about a performance or a pitch or no matter what... She is very near to lost the man who did what she is ! If she would not go through what she goes, you could be able to criticize her, but it's not the time. We are very lucky to see her again, hear again, and it's more than a chance to see her in Vegas in August because normal people would not do that. Do you really think that she had time to rehearse the song, to prepare her voice.... they are in Boston for something more important. I can't believe that people in this forum can argue on the performance. It's a shame. X100000 Edited June 19, 2015 at 12:21 AM by Ororo Munroe Quote
powerofamor17 Posted June 19, 2015 at 12:24 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 12:24 AM (edited) OMG I don't think it really matters either way. She's made mistakes many times, but she still manages to never disappoint in any of her live performances. Whether the performance was loved or hated, she did it and it was Splendid.She doesn't have to perform, so I'm glad and grateful that she did. Honestly I think it's one of her best after the Oscar's and the Central Park ones. I do want to say that errors doesn't make a bad performance, or a imperfect one, but a performance with errors, nothing less, nothing more. Even so, we should look past those errors and acknowledge the strength and power behind the whole appearance. Edited June 19, 2015 at 12:27 AM by powerofamor17 4 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted June 19, 2015 at 12:39 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 12:39 AM I can't believe that a fan could judge this performance in this period, it's insane. Quote
powerofamor17 Posted June 19, 2015 at 12:47 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 12:47 AM (edited) I can't believe that a fan could judge this performance in this period, it's insane.I agree. It was her very best and a Wonderful performance altogether, from the singing to the backstage moments and pictures. She a very powerful women. To critique it on whether she held every note or sang all the right runs is outrageous considering the circumstances.It's just how life is. One of the very reasons she hates show business and lip syncs I'm sure. Edited June 19, 2015 at 12:49 AM by powerofamor17 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted June 19, 2015 at 01:38 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 01:38 AM I like cheese... 4 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Alex_Incognito Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:11 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:11 AM (edited) Your behavior makes me sick ! How is it possible to criticize this performance ? Do you really think that she had time to rehearse the song, You need to take a deep breath and perhaps learn how to be constructive. This is a forum. Not a church. I said nothing barbaric and quite frankly your post is childish. She's a singer...singers get reviewed. Nobody was scathing. Just because someones doesn't like your precious singer's performance doesn't mean they want her executed. Second of all, did I even mention her rehearsing? No. It's "The Prayer", not the long version of "It's All Coming Back to me Now." Your point isn't even valid because she did rehearse. I've been a fan for 20 years. I don't need newbie fans who have nothing else in their lives to beat me with a club just because I didn't like one of her performances. And finally, yes, we're all thrilled ahe performed. She's a performer. Not a God nor a demi-God. But every time you take the stage there will people that DISCUSS the positives and negatives. Edited June 19, 2015 at 02:17 AM by Alex_Incognito 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Alex_Incognito Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:16 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:16 AM I like cheese...I'm partial to a gouda or a bleu. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
chocolatechip15 Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:17 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:17 AM Don't get me wrong, I don't think one has to be an expert to detect to off key moments or flat singing. And being sharp (what we said Celine did) is not a big deal anyway. Through this whole discussion, I keep hearing Celine's voice in my head saying, "It wasn't technically perfect" -- I can hear it so clearly in my head with her accent, but I can't remember where it's from. But I know she's said a number of times that on the nights when it's the hardest for her vocally, the audience seems to respond the most, because they hear the emotion, the struggle. . 4 Quote
celinefanonline Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:19 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:19 AM wow this is getting out of hand now!! someone said don't get crazy now and that person has done it now loloh well... what can i say... nothing..... and plz stop these kind of attacking / argument ......... i thought someone said before that this was gonna air on tv or something??? no??? Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
québecflower Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:21 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:21 AM Through this whole discussion, I keep hearing Celine's voice in my head saying, "It wasn't technically perfect" -- I can hear it so clearly in my head with her accent, but I can't remember where it's from. But I know she's said a number of times that on the nights when it's the hardest for her vocally, the audience seems to respond the most, because they hear the emotion, the struggle. . Through this whole discussion, I keep hearing Celine's voice in my head saying, "It wasn't technically perfect" -- I can hear it so clearly in my head with her accent, but I can't remember where it's from. But I know she's said a number of times that on the nights when it's the hardest for her vocally, the audience seems to respond the most, because they hear the emotion, the struggle. .i think she said perfection was boring also... 4 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
chocolatechip15 Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:22 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:22 AM (edited) LOL!! Q-Tips are cotton swabs you use to clean your ears with :-P Actually, this is totally off-topic, but doctors say that you shouldn't use Q-tips to clean your ears. I know an audiologist who tells horror stories about people who've punctured their eardrums with Q-tips. One particularly graphic one about someone who answered the phone with a Q-tip in their ear. . .well, you can imagine. But it happens often in less extreme situations too. More here: http://commonhealth....ips-ears-danger Edited June 19, 2015 at 02:23 AM by chocolatechip15 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:24 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:24 AM wow this is getting out of hand now!! someone said don't get crazy now and that person has done it now loloh well... what can i say... nothing..... and plz stop these kind of attacking / argument ......... Just say my name. This isn't charades. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
LukeD Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:25 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:25 AM (edited) I can't believe that a fan could judge this performance in this period, it's insane.Ehm... No. It is a matter of perspective. First of all, I don't see how saying she was pitchy is wrong/rude/out of place... In all honesty, I don't feel the comment carries much negativity, especially since I praised her vocal shape. Second, as I said earlier, her personal life doesn't have anything to do with intonation. So please relax. Edited June 19, 2015 at 02:25 AM by LukeD 1 Quote
LukeD Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:28 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:28 AM Through this whole discussion, I keep hearing Celine's voice in my head saying, "It wasn't technically perfect" -- I can hear it so clearly in my head with her accent, but I can't remember where it's from. But I know she's said a number of times that on the nights when it's the hardest for her vocally, the audience seems to respond the most, because they hear the emotion, the struggle. .I can understand that and this is why I said ''each to their own'' before. I am not trying to make people dislike the performance, but I won't stand being called out on my comments because fans decided to defend this performance no matter what. 4 Quote
québecflower Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:58 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 02:58 AM is there people here who think that Celine is reading the forum (as if she has time)and could be hurted by some comments or that someone in her team would take upon himself to relay our important recriminations to Celine. If so, there's people who think highly of themselves. If the situation was not so sad it would be funny. 5 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Alex_Incognito Posted June 19, 2015 at 03:05 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 03:05 AM (edited) is there people here who think that Celine is reading the forum (as if she has time)and could be hurted by some comments or that someone in her team would take upon himself to relay our important recriminations to Celine. If so, there's people who think highly of themselves. If the situation was not so sad it would be funny.I've never told you this, but I love your posts!Perhaps it's that sexy photo of Céline...or your accent aigu. Edited June 19, 2015 at 03:07 AM by Alex_Incognito 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
québecflower Posted June 19, 2015 at 03:52 AM Posted June 19, 2015 at 03:52 AM I've never told you this, but I love your posts!Perhaps it's that sexy photo of Céline...or your accent aigu.I've never told you this, but I love your posts!Perhaps it's that sexy photo of Céline...or your accent aigu.i have almost put one on récrimination...i like them. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.