littleames Posted January 23, 2014 at 06:11 PM Posted January 23, 2014 at 06:11 PM I read in an article somewhere that Garth Brooks will be Leno's last musical guest. It's too bad Celine won't be there to say bon voyage. Oh well.His last show is Feb 6th so Celine could still be on....hopefully! 2 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted January 23, 2014 at 07:57 PM Posted January 23, 2014 at 07:57 PM According to this article, no Celine. http://playbill.com/news/article/186813-Talk-Show-Guests-Announced-for-Jay-Leno-and-Jimmy-Fallon-Through-Jan-31?tsrc=hph Quote
CELINEFAN01 Posted January 23, 2014 at 08:07 PM Posted January 23, 2014 at 08:07 PM I think she'll be at Jay's maybe the next week to promote the new video ft Neyo, so thats way they posponed 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted January 23, 2014 at 08:09 PM Posted January 23, 2014 at 08:09 PM I think she'll be at Jay's maybe the next week to promote the new video ft Neyo, so thats way they posponed Well, the article I posted shows the entire line up through Jimmy Fallon's first week so.......unless it's a surprise, I wouldn't hold my breath! 1 Quote
CELINEFAN01 Posted January 23, 2014 at 08:15 PM Posted January 23, 2014 at 08:15 PM Well, the article I posted shows the entire line up through Jimmy Fallon's first week so.......unless it's a surprise, I wouldn't hold my breath! Or maybe it will be a surprise for Jay ,, she will appear to surprise him and say goodbye! /// jaja Im still hoping to see her in the show ): 1 Quote
mirage Posted January 23, 2014 at 09:13 PM Posted January 23, 2014 at 09:13 PM She should be on jay leno... She uses him in the vegas show. But the same for when oprah said goodbye, still found it weird that for someone who had the most appearances and who is a good friend she didn't showed up... :-) 1 Quote
amelie Posted January 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM Posted January 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM But the same for when oprah said goodbye, still found it weird that for someone who had the most appearances and who is a good friend she didn't showed up... :-) She did actually Quote
Angel2006 Posted January 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM Posted January 23, 2014 at 11:37 PM (edited) It really sucks that Celine's appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno was cancelled. I was really hoping that Celine would get a chance to say goodbye to Jay before he ended his run as Tonight Show host. Considering Jay's first interview with Celine on The Tonight Show took place before he was even host. Johnny Carson was actually still hosting the show and Jay filled in for him that night. Celine is probably Jay's most memorable and special guest since he interviewed her first, even before he was known in the hosting world. Celine has a special place in her heart for that first Tonight Show appearance aswell. Her interview and performance on that show was one of, If not the first appearances Celine made on American television. People world wide were pretty much introduced to her for the first time. Celine even pays respects in her show, Showing a clip of there first interview together before singing WDMHBN. Which is the song she sung on The Tonight Show all those years ago. I just hope Celine is still able to go on his show, so they could have there final interview together. It will be sad if that doesn't get to happen. Edited January 23, 2014 at 11:39 PM by Angel2006 5 Quote
littleames Posted January 24, 2014 at 06:45 PM Posted January 24, 2014 at 06:45 PM (edited) They updated the nbc website and added Heidi Klum for tonight. So Darius Rucker will be the musical guest. His website made an announcement. They REALLY should get Celine on Jay Leno...sometime! I mean really. Edited January 24, 2014 at 06:45 PM by littleames Quote
rael1983 Posted January 24, 2014 at 09:04 PM Posted January 24, 2014 at 09:04 PM I suppose the shooting of the "Incredible" video prevented her to do Leno. Either one thing or the other. And I very much prefer a music video 4 Quote
amelie Posted January 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM Posted January 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM I suppose the shooting of the "Incredible" video prevented her to do Leno. Either one thing or the other. And I very much prefer a music video Does she even appear in the music video? 2 Quote
c4n4d4 Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:43 AM Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:43 AM Does she even appear in the music video? The thread for Incredible is full of pictures and a few clips of her and Ne-Yo on a roof if you haven't seen them yet 1 Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
DionFanAlways Posted January 25, 2014 at 05:10 AM Posted January 25, 2014 at 05:10 AM Terry Bradshaw is on Jay now and Bradshaw said 'I cant believe I won't be on anymore' Jay then said 'yeah well stick around we will call ya next week when someone cancels like they did this week' You know he was talking about Celine Pity! 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
littleames Posted January 25, 2014 at 05:24 AM Posted January 25, 2014 at 05:24 AM Terry Bradshaw is on Jay now and Bradshaw said 'I cant believe I won't be on anymore' Jay then said 'yeah well stick around we will call ya next week when someone cancels like they did this week' You know he was talking about Celine Pity!Was he being rude or just saying? I'm not watching it.I wish she could have been on, but oh well I guess 2 Quote
dmeredith Posted January 25, 2014 at 05:37 AM Posted January 25, 2014 at 05:37 AM Terry Bradshaw is on Jay now and Bradshaw said 'I cant believe I won't be on anymore' Jay then said 'yeah well stick around we will call ya next week when someone cancels like they did this week' You know he was talking about Celine Pity! Yes, it is a pity. I'm sure it was for a good reason but still....... Maybe she'll make an appearance tho' before he's gone. We still have a few weeks. Let's cross our fingers and hope! 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted January 25, 2014 at 05:41 AM Posted January 25, 2014 at 05:41 AM The reason was clearly the fact that they were shooting the video and someone in some office decided that the video would be better promo than this performance. Why they couldn't do both? Not sure. But it is not professional or a good practice to cancel these things. 6 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Celcool Posted January 25, 2014 at 09:12 AM Posted January 25, 2014 at 09:12 AM Does she even appear in the music video? That's why I prefer a talk show appearance when we get to see the real Celine performing and being interviewed than a music video where she's lipping and just doing some gestures. Plus, they often used actors as leads rather than her in a few of her music videos. Too bad someoen decided she couldn't do both. She could be on Leno and film the music video a day longer. What would be the big deal if she did that? Too bad it got cancelled. 5 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted January 25, 2014 at 09:42 AM Posted January 25, 2014 at 09:42 AM It is very sad that she canceled. I was looking forward to this. These are his last shows too, and it would have great to see her one last time the Jay Leno show. Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
couldawouldashoulda Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:42 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:42 PM The reason was clearly the fact that they were shooting the video and someone in some office decided that the video would be better promo than this performance. Why they couldn't do both? Not sure. But it is not professional or a good practice to cancel these things. It is a shame but we will never the reasons for the decisions. Perhaps Ne-Yo's schedule could only make a certain day or he wouldn't be available for another month? Or the perfect location they wanted was only available at a certain time? Or the director was only available at a certain time and they felt that this director's vision was the one they felt would be best for the video? There are any number of reasons why this decision could've been made from a business standpoint. 1 Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:43 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:43 PM (edited) Music videos take hours upon hours to shoot, do they not? I'm sure it was felt it was too rushed to do both. Sony /management probably felt they can get Ne-Yo and Celine together this weekend and it's either a one-off talk show or invest in a music video. Better Decision in the end, because I guarantee you her appearance on that show would impact album sales minimally. Edited January 25, 2014 at 01:44 PM by Kyle_Jared 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:46 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:46 PM Um it's RC's birthday today, big clue Just sayin' 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:49 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:49 PM Was he being rude or just saying? I'm not watching it.I wish she could have been on, but oh well I guess I think he was not pleased but he wasn't rude. 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
QueenCeline87 Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:58 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 01:58 PM Um it's RC's birthday today, big clue Just sayin' He was like mom do the music video for my birthday and I might just consider you cool lol Can't believe he is 13 already! 4 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
Celcool Posted January 25, 2014 at 03:17 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 03:17 PM (edited) Music videos take hours upon hours to shoot, do they not? I'm sure it was felt it was too rushed to do both. Sony /management probably felt they can get Ne-Yo and Celine together this weekend and it's either a one-off talk show or invest in a music video. Better Decision in the end, because I guarantee you her appearance on that show would impact album sales minimally. She's so poor, she needs money from album sales. I really couldn't care less about the sales, I just like this album. Maybe Celine should've insisted to do this appearance regardless what Sony or Rene said, just because Leno was the first to give her a big chance in USA, to say thank you with her last appearance, not with cancellation. But whatever, what's done is done. As a fan, I would've liked to see her on another talk show. Edited January 25, 2014 at 03:19 PM by Celcool 2 Quote
littleames Posted January 25, 2014 at 04:37 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 04:37 PM I think he was not pleased but he wasn't rude.Good! He was just talking the other night to Charlie Sheen and he brought up how many times he canceled and Jay new they were lies. He joked about them.Jay can be a stickler though, but hopefully someone will cancel in the next two weeks and she can be on, but I doubt it since it's the last time they would be able to be on. 1 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted January 25, 2014 at 06:33 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 06:33 PM Good! He was just talking the other night to Charlie Sheen and he brought up how many times he canceled and Jay new they were lies. He joked about them.Jay can be a stickler though, but hopefully someone will cancel in the next two weeks and she can be on, but I doubt it since it's the last time they would be able to be on. Honestly, if I were Jay and somebody else cancelled, Celine would be the last person I would invite back onto my show after how unprofessional she was by cancelling so last minute. Music videos are a dying breed. So, to choose a video shoot over a talk show is insane in my eyes. If anybody believes a music video, which will only hit a very small demographic, is going to boost album sales more compared to a talk show which hits a far more reaching and broader audience, then I honestly don't know what to say. Good luck, Celine and Ne-Yo, you're gonna need it. 2 Quote
Popular Post couldawouldashoulda Posted January 25, 2014 at 07:04 PM Popular Post Posted January 25, 2014 at 07:04 PM Wow! Do y'all understand why Celine and her team should never listen to her fans? Some people were all in an uproar because there was no music video for Incredible. Now that there is one, other people are all in an uproar because music videos or dead and she should've gone a talk show instead. 11 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted January 25, 2014 at 07:26 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 07:26 PM (edited) Honestly, if I were Jay and somebody else cancelled, Celine would be the last person I would invite back onto my show after how unprofessional she was by cancelling so last minute. Music videos are a dying breed. So, to choose a video shoot over a talk show is insane in my eyes. If anybody believes a music video, which will only hit a very small demographic, is going to boost album sales more compared to a talk show which hits a far more reaching and broader audience, then I honestly don't know what to say. Good luck, Celine and Ne-Yo, you're gonna need it. Um the music video would be more of a gift to the fans rather than anything else, thank god we're getting one this era at all. You can go watch her 50 other talk show appearances this era to satisfy yourselfAnd the music video is actually more accessible than ever.....................Ever heard of youtube? Not everyone had MTV or VH1 back in the day... Edited January 25, 2014 at 07:30 PM by Your_Su_Phu 2 Quote
incognito Posted January 25, 2014 at 07:36 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 07:36 PM Leno always asked her the same 5 questions anyway. Zzzzzzzzzz 4 Quote
soleilgirly Posted January 25, 2014 at 07:42 PM Posted January 25, 2014 at 07:42 PM It makes me laugh how people think they know the reason she cancelled. Some people just need to find something to complain about all the time. She can never win with some people. 7 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.