LukeD Posted January 14, 2014 at 07:27 PM Posted January 14, 2014 at 07:27 PM (edited) I totally agree. That song is just classic, Adele-ish. Not edgy at all. You know what really is edgy? Swine from Lady Gaga. That is edgy. not this song.In my opinion, it is edgy for Celine's standards. Her ballads have always been extremely polished and even generic, this one is very earthy and realistic. Celine singing ''I saw a guy that looked like you'', ''I need a drink to get me out'', ''I'd settle for a busy tone'' is similar to have Miley Virus sing the lyrics of IKWLI or TPOL or JWA. Edited January 14, 2014 at 07:31 PM by LukeD 2 Quote
Del Posted January 14, 2014 at 10:28 PM Posted January 14, 2014 at 10:28 PM I hope she sings "Ziggy!" . SLAP. I remember reading the interview from Sony last year and the guy (I can't remember his name right now for the life of me.....still waking up lol) said "we know we're not going to get her on top 40 radio". I still don't understand what Top 40 has against her that they won't play her or why Sony won't push harder. She's definitely moved on since MHWGO. Such a shame that it's just that way here. I was at the gym yesterday and my trainer and another were talking about how top 40 radio is horrible. That there are no good song and they will only play songs that are catchy with repetitive lyrics that are foolish. All I thought was maybe it's a good thing Celine isn't played on there if a lot of people have the same thoughts on top 40 radio. 4 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
amelie Posted January 14, 2014 at 10:42 PM Posted January 14, 2014 at 10:42 PM . SLAP. I was at the gym yesterday and my trainer and another were talking about how top 40 radio is horrible. That there are no good song and they will only play songs that are catchy with repetitive lyrics that are foolish. All I thought was maybe it's a good thing Celine isn't played on there if a lot of people have the same thoughts on top 40 radio. like Incredible? Quote
browseceline Posted January 15, 2014 at 12:06 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 12:06 AM In my opinion, it is edgy for Celine's standards. Her ballads have always been extremely polished and even generic, this one is very earthy and realistic. Celine singing ''I saw a guy that looked like you'', ''I need a drink to get me out'', ''I'd settle for a busy tone'' is similar to have Miley Virus sing the lyrics of IKWLI or TPOL or JWA. Okay i agree with you luke 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
littleames Posted January 15, 2014 at 12:15 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 12:15 AM In 'Declaration of Love' Celine says "Taste my sweetness on your lips"....that's edgy lol! 3 Quote
J081113 Posted January 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 12:17 AM (edited) Tvguide only has through the 17 for The Tonight Show :-( Edited January 15, 2014 at 12:18 AM by J081113 Quote
smash Posted January 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM I get where you're coming from. And, I can't speak from Luke, but I think I understand where he's coming from too. Miley's audience and Gaga's audiences like the "absolute filth and disgusting videos". That's why they are fans of those artists. Celine's fans here in the US do tend to be older, suburban mothers. Their image of Celine, and why they like her, is that she sings these big, bombastic songs about love and peace and harmony. Therefore, a song like Water and a Flame, makes them go "Ugh. I don't like it. Why won't she sing Because You Loved Me again?"i know, i'm trying to understand, really i am. I just can't believe that the "little" things that Celine has changed can be sort of "held" against her, for a better word. Celine herself said she is tired of singing the songs we have been hearing for the past 10 or so years. She wants to move on she said, she cannot carry on with those same songs any longer. Shame, i'm very happy for her, she really seems to be enjoying herself again, and having fun. It's almost like a new lease of life for her. The way she has changed with her dress code, gone more modern but in a good way. I think she looks gorgeous, and she still wears her classy dresses for the appropiate songs. She knows where the bounderies have to stop. Celine will ALWAYS be an elegant and decent woman and singer, with that little bit of a twist if need be. Like i've said before, Celine is in a complete league of her own, she totally stands out from all the rest. When we sometimes see her in a photograph with other well known woman singers, there was a picture like that somewhere, Celine stands out a mile. Sorry i went on like that now, but i will understand how people look and think of Celine in the US. Thanks everyone, and take care. I better start heading for bed, it's now 2.30am Wed, see you in a few hours. Sharon 1 Quote
smash Posted January 15, 2014 at 12:56 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 12:56 AM As far as I know its a US only contest and because they link is for a list of links for the iHeart Radio station around the US that is probably why it is not available for you. But compared to the likes of BYLM and MHWGO and TPOL it is an edgy song for Celine, especially when you compare to what most people know from the 90s. I get what Luke means. And yes while WAAF is tame compared to the stuff Miley Cyrus is putting out you need to remember that she is much younger and relatively new in her career now that she has fully broken off from the image of 'Hannah Montana' that she had when she was younger. Plus they have different audiences, majority of US Celine fans probably don't listen to or like Miley's music.You're right, it is edgy compared to the other songs, but i don't think it is sooo bad. but as you say, Miley also had to break away from "Hannah Montana image, its just she has gone totally to the other extreme, the wrong extreme. But like you say, they have different audiences, and we just have to accept that, me too. Now i really have to go to bed. Sharon Quote
smash Posted January 15, 2014 at 01:12 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 01:12 AM What you say makes sense. Thing is the US market seems to expect these trashy songs from the likes of Miley. However, there is a tendency to categorize singers and expect very specific things from each one. In Celine's case she is categorized as a ballad singer, so people expect her to sing her casual power ballads and WAAF is not one of them. The song itself is great and Celine sings it very well, but still...!Ok, i am getting it, it is everybody's choice as to who they choose and like as their singer, it is true what you're saying. I just get so fedup when i see young singers resorting to that. Sorry for how i carried on in all the posts.Let's maybe just stop all this kind of talk now. Sharon 1 Quote
Del Posted January 15, 2014 at 01:54 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 01:54 AM like Incredible? the song did actually cross my mind. Lol 1 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
dj_a_rock Posted January 15, 2014 at 03:40 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 03:40 AM I just hope it is Break Away, Always be your Girl or Thank You. 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted January 15, 2014 at 04:21 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 04:21 AM she really seems to be enjoying herself again, and having fun. I think the same thing. Somehow the going back to a corded mic seems to play into that. She seems, to me, as if she's having as much fun as she did in the 90s. I thought that enjoyment seemed lost for a while over the past 10 years. But LMBTL has brought it back somehow. I'm really enjoying watching her perform these days. 7 Quote
LukeD Posted January 15, 2014 at 06:08 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 06:08 AM (edited) Okay i agree with you lukeI also agree with you that the song itself is not that edgy, it is just a cool break-up song. IMO, ''This Time'' is still her edgiest song! Edited January 15, 2014 at 06:09 AM by LukeD 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted January 15, 2014 at 06:37 AM Posted January 15, 2014 at 06:37 AM I also agree with you that the song itself is not that edgy, it is just a cool break-up song. IMO, ''This Time'' is still her edgiest song! Another example of Celine singing about a subject that isn't lovey dovey..and the album was still a decent seller. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Celcool Posted January 15, 2014 at 07:44 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 07:44 PM She will sing Incredible with Ne-Yo. He's been added as a guest here. http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html 2 Quote
zuv Posted January 15, 2014 at 07:49 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 07:49 PM Cool. Did she ever sing twice on that show? Quote
Celcool Posted January 15, 2014 at 08:04 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 08:04 PM (edited) I don't remember that she did. I'm looking forward to this talk show appearance the most of all she did so far to promote LMBTL. I watch Leno all the time and it will be memorable seeing Celine being interviewed and perform on this show before Leno leaves, knowing Leno's team first gave her the chance to perform in USA. They sort of introduced her to the American audience. I bet they will show a clip of her first performance, of Where Does My Heart Beat Now, can't wait to see it! Edited January 15, 2014 at 08:04 PM by Celcool 1 Quote
CELINE MARIE Posted January 15, 2014 at 08:06 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 08:06 PM I don't like this song Quote
davidjag79 Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:05 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:05 PM Yes it is confirmed Ne-Yo will also be there so my educated guess would be she will be performing "Incredible" I hope this is the push after the holidays for LMBTL and we get an official video of Incredible at least. 4 Quote I have waited for so long...for a miracle to come, A New Day Has Come!! http://i49.tinypic.com/1q1q4i.jpg
DionFanAlways Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:34 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:34 PM (edited) I'm happy but I hope she will be interviewed. It would be odd to just interview her and not Ne-Yo..... yall know what I mean? I was hoping for maybe two songs also, DKL would be great. (don't want to sound greedy but... ) Lol! they always pair the oddest guests Terry Bradshaw is on that night also. Edited January 15, 2014 at 09:35 PM by DionFanAlways 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Lu CelineFan Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:41 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:41 PM (edited) In 'Declaration of Love' Celine says "Taste my sweetness on your lips"....that's edgy lol! totally!!tonight for you my baby I´ll make my "declaration of love" Seduces me:Every sigh in the night/Your most innocent kiss/Or your sweetest caress, seduces me/I fall down on my knees for all the love we've made. IACBTMN: There were nights of endless pleasure. It was more than any laws allow if walls could talk...... Well I think it´s very explicit..... Edited January 15, 2014 at 09:42 PM by Lu Georgia 5 Quote Team Céline Dion Brazil@lu_celinefan
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:44 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:44 PM Cool. Did she ever sing twice on that show? Yes! In late 1992 she performed Love Can Move Mountains and Imagine during the same night, and she was also interviewed by Leno.Then in 1994, she gave another interview and also sang The Power Of Love and Misled. 5 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
québecflower Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:48 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:48 PM I'm happy but I hope she will be interviewed. It would be odd to just interview her and not Ne-Yo..... yall know what I mean? I was hoping for maybe two songs also, DKL would be great. (don't want to sound greedy but... ) Lol! they always pair the oddest guests Terry Bradshaw is on that night also.terry bradshaw? he was my favorite player when i was listening nfl football. She will sing DKL at the grammy (my wish) 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
littleames Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:49 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:49 PM totally!!tonight for you my baby I´ll make my "declaration of love" Seduces me:Every sigh in the night/Your most innocent kiss/Or your sweetest caress, seduces me/I fall down on my knees for all the love we've made. IACBTMN: There were nights of endless pleasure. It was more than any laws allow if walls could talk...... Well I think it´s very explicit.....I think there is a performance of Declaration of Love where she says that line and smirks! 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:51 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 09:51 PM terry bradshaw? he was my favorite player when i was listening nfl football. She will sing DKL at the grammy (my wish)Yes he would slaughter us every time we played the Steelers...... Your wish and mine! 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
mike_z Posted January 15, 2014 at 10:16 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 10:16 PM (edited) I'm really starting to like Ne-Yo. And I think he genuinely loves Céline. I mean, the single is going nowhere and he's still there to back her up and say how "cool" she is. It will be the 5th time they perform this song together. He's getting up there together with her most faithful duet partners: Peabo Bryson, Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban and Garou. Le BanquierThe VoiceA Home For The Holidays"Céline..."The Tonight Show After this I really hope they push the song to radios. Too bad it's a Friday night! Edited January 15, 2014 at 10:18 PM by mike_z 6 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 15, 2014 at 10:39 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 10:39 PM I wonder what she will wear? I don't think America can take the bra showing again...... (you know, with this country being so pure and chaste ) lol. 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Lu CelineFan Posted January 15, 2014 at 10:56 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 10:56 PM I'm really starting to like Ne-Yo. me too! 1 Quote Team Céline Dion Brazil@lu_celinefan
Bruno Portugal Posted January 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 10:58 PM Let's hope for some promotion on USA and at least a music video for this song. 2 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
QueenCeline87 Posted January 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM Posted January 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM I wonder what she will wear? I don't think America can take the bra showing again...... (you know, with this country being so pure and chaste ) lol. She will have to be covered head to toe! It's only acceptable for miley to show some skin!! Lol Seriously though she better show off those legs!! 2 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.