Jump to content

Celine to perform on Jay Leno, January 24th, 2014!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I hope not...I want her to sing something from LMBTL!

 

You misunderstood my post. I was using the old songs as an example of non-singles that she has chosen to sing in the past when on a talk show. Then I said, she may sing a song from the album, meaning LMBTL, that she just likes but isn't a single or ever going to be a single.

  • Like 1
Posted

You misunderstood my post. I was using the old songs as an example of non-singles that she has chosen to sing in the past when on a talk show. Then I said, she may sing a song from the album, meaning LMBTL, that she just likes but isn't a single or ever going to be a single.

 

Oh ok sorry... you're right I misunderstood ;)

  • Like 1
Posted
I'm hoping for "Somebody Loves Somebody," "Thank You" or "Unfinished Songs."
  • Like 1
Posted

I'm hoping for Didn't Know Love.

She could sing that one a hundred times... :)
  • Like 3
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted

Maybe after 20 shows in the US she will reach gold status!!! :)

I still don't understand why this album doesnt sell over there... I don't believe its because she changed her style...it's still Celine in the end...and almost all the critics have praised the album and that change. I'm convinced that the sales wouldnt be better if she had stuck to her old style...I thought her presence on The Voice with Ne-Yo would have brought more buzz!! I'm clueless!!! :(

I'm clueless also! I Can't figure it out..... :wacko:
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

This doesnt seem to be a new round of promo, just a one off appearance and I could see it being more about Jay Lenos departure and bringing Céline on to pay tribute and thank him for giving her her first US appearance.

 

This is sad. I thought we will get one last round of promo. I hope Celine and Sony wont complain with this poor album sales because they are not putting enough effort in it.

  • Like 1
Posted

Maybe after 20 shows in the US she will reach gold status!!! :)

I still don't understand why this album doesnt sell over there... I don't believe its because she changed her style...it's still Celine in the end...and almost all the critics have praised the album and that change. I'm convinced that the sales wouldnt be better if she had stuck to her old style...I thought her presence on The Voice with Ne-Yo would have brought more buzz!! I'm clueless!!! :(

 

I think the issue is that there have really been no real "singles" from the album in the US. A "single" would mean that it was released commercially as a CD single (which never happens anymore in the US) OR it is pushed to radio. Neither has happened for "LMBTL" or "Incredible." I don't see how a label can expect an album to sell if the songs are not played on radio. This album has mainstream appeal as shown by the response from Céline's performances on "The Voice" - tremendous amounts of positive feedback. Had the label pushed "Incredible" to radio immediately after that performance and pushed it hard, I think it could've been a huge hit. I think the stigma of Céline being the "awkwardly dramatic MHWGO singer who beats her chest" has passed and people don't see her as "uncool" anymore.

  • Like 3

je me changerai en or pour que tu m'aimes encore

Posted
Watching party!!! Yay!
  • Like 6
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

Oh ok sorry... you're right I misunderstood ;)

 

No worries. My wording of it was strange, and not necessarily grammatically correct, so I can see how it could be misunderstood!

  • Like 1
Posted

I love WAAF, but I disagree she should sing it live. It's obvious to me the US market will never like the song sung by Celine. Too edgy and in great contrast with her image too.

I'm sorry, I am not trying to start any nonsense here, but I don't understand. The US won't like a song like WAAF because it's a bit edgy for Celine, but they are happy with all that other rubbish and sh;t by Miley and that Gaga women. The absolute filth and the disgusting videos those two do, is that ok? WAAF is baby stuff compared to that other lot. Like I say, please, peace. I just don't get it, a bit raspy and the words, have a drink before leaving the house, whatever. There is no comparison between Celine's songs and those other two. They are now shocking. Am not looking for trouble, really. LukeD, take care.

 

Sharon

  • Like 6
Posted

I'm sorry, I am not trying to start any nonsense here, but I don't understand. The US won't like a song like WAAF because it's a bit edgy for Celine, but they are happy with all that other rubbish and sh;t by Miley and that Gaga women. The absolute filth and the disgusting videos those two do, is that ok? WAAF is baby stuff compared to that other lot. Like I say, please, peace. I just don't get it, a bit raspy and the words, have a drink before leaving the house, whatever. There is no comparison between Celine's songs and those other two. They are now shocking. Am not looking for trouble, really. LukeD, take care.

 

Sharon

 

I get where you're coming from. And, I can't speak from Luke, but I think I understand where he's coming from too. Miley's audience and Gaga's audiences like the "absolute filth and disgusting videos". That's why they are fans of those artists. Celine's fans here in the US do tend to be older, suburban mothers. Their image of Celine, and why they like her, is that she sings these big, bombastic songs about love and peace and harmony. Therefore, a song like Water and a Flame, makes them go "Ugh. I don't like it. Why won't she sing Because You Loved Me again?"

  • Like 4
Posted

I'm clueless also! I Can't figure it out..... :wacko:

Me either. I think over here people are just too stuck on one song (as I've mentioned before). That and a lot of people thought she was retiring, not just taking a break. When she came back, the promo just wasn't there for her like it was in the past so things just didn't translate....or something. It's frustrating though because she gets all this positive attention and feedback from people in the industry yet the albums just don't sell here like they used to. I don't get it. :wacko: I don't know if it's Sony, directly, or Celine's changed priorities or what...... She still sells everywhere else so I know she's still got it.

  • Like 4

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

I think the issue is that there have really been no real "singles" from the album in the US. A "single" would mean that it was released commercially as a CD single (which never happens anymore in the US) OR it is pushed to radio. Neither has happened for "LMBTL" or "Incredible." I don't see how a label can expect an album to sell if the songs are not played on radio. This album has mainstream appeal as shown by the response from Céline's performances on "The Voice" - tremendous amounts of positive feedback. Had the label pushed "Incredible" to radio immediately after that performance and pushed it hard, I think it could've been a huge hit. I think the stigma of Céline being the "awkwardly dramatic MHWGO singer who beats her chest" has passed and people don't see her as "uncool" anymore.

I remember reading the interview from Sony last year and the guy (I can't remember his name right now for the life of me.....still waking up lol) said "we know we're not going to get her on top 40 radio". I still don't understand what Top 40 has against her that they won't play her or why Sony won't push harder. She's definitely moved on since MHWGO. Such a shame that it's just that way here.

  • Like 2

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

I'm sorry, I am not trying to start any nonsense here, but I don't understand. The US won't like a song like WAAF because it's a bit edgy for Celine, but they are happy with all that other rubbish and sh;t by Miley and that Gaga women. The absolute filth and the disgusting videos those two do, is that ok? WAAF is baby stuff compared to that other lot. Like I say, please, peace. I just don't get it, a bit raspy and the words, have a drink before leaving the house, whatever. There is no comparison between Celine's songs and those other two. They are now shocking. Am not looking for trouble, really. LukeD, take care.

 

Sharon

 

Sorry for the off topic but i just want to tell a story with my family in a karaoke, my sister sang the wrecking ball song and a whole family getting really awkward when saw that video and fyi no body too old there for the hip thing but that video really embarass everybody in a room until my brother decide to stop the video.

Personally i dont mind with nudity and sexy thing. sometime it's beautiful but i dont know why me and other family member can not stand that video. Something is too much there. I can't imagine what it would be like to watch the twerking ting live!

Posted

I'm sorry, I am not trying to start any nonsense here, but I don't understand. The US won't like a song like WAAF because it's a bit edgy for Celine, but they are happy with all that other rubbish and sh;t by Miley and that Gaga women. The absolute filth and the disgusting videos those two do, is that ok? WAAF is baby stuff compared to that other lot. Like I say, please, peace. I just don't get it, a bit raspy and the words, have a drink before leaving the house, whatever. There is no comparison between Celine's songs and those other two. They are now shocking. Am not looking for trouble, really. LukeD, take care.

 

Sharon

Sex, drama, and train wrecks is what sells here. :down: People love to see someone fall apart and then have a good come-back....all while naked. :unsure: Of course, Celine won't do that and she shouldn't have too. I think to some degree people may think she's "too perfect". I don't get it either because her albums the last decade have been awesome and up with the times.

  • Like 4

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

Haaaave dinner withhhhhh heeeeeer!!!!!!????) holy sh@@@ /// the link is not working!

I think I'd fall over and die for a minute!!!! :wub:

  • Like 3

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

I get where you're coming from. And, I can't speak from Luke, but I think I understand where he's coming from too. Miley's audience and Gaga's audiences like the "absolute filth and disgusting videos". That's why they are fans of those artists. Celine's fans here in the US do tend to be older, suburban mothers. Their image of Celine, and why they like her, is that she sings these big, bombastic songs about love and peace and harmony. Therefore, a song like Water and a Flame, makes them go "Ugh. I don't like it. Why won't she sing Because You Loved Me again?"

 

I totally agree. That song is just classic, Adele-ish. Not edgy at all. You know what really is edgy? Swine from Lady Gaga. That is edgy. not this song.

  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

I think that she won't perform any new songs that she hasn't performed yet. Actually it's funny because she is considered to have a single (Incredible) and we all know that she won't sing it. I don't know why they call certain songs singles... She has been performing random songs recently so I guess many people don't know which one is the single.

 

My guess is either DKL or WAAF. Although I hope it's neither of them. I think that they shouldn't go on with LMBTL either. Breakaway or Thankful would be a big surprise.

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
Thankful with a mini choir would be amazing! Reckon the US would love that song too.
  • Like 4
Posted

 

 

Sorry for the off topic but i just want to tell a story with my family in a karaoke, my sister sang the wrecking ball song and a whole family getting really awkward when saw that video and fyi no body too old there for the hip thing but that video really embarass everybody in a room until my brother decide to stop the video.

Personally i dont mind with nudity and sexy thing. sometime it's beautiful but i dont know why me and other family member can not stand that video. Something is too much there. I can't imagine what it would be like to watch the twerking ting live!

I completely agree with you, that is not the kind of video that should be shown in a room full of people. It must have been very awkward. Good for your brother for stopping the video. As for you and your family member not liking that video, it's good that you feel that way about things like that. That kind of video is indecent, really extremely low of any singer resorting to that. I don't know, I don't even have words to describe it.

 

Sharon

  • Like 1
Posted

Haaaave dinner withhhhhh heeeeeer!!!!!!????) holy sh@@@ /// the link is not working!

 

As far as I know its a US only contest and because they link is for a list of links for the iHeart Radio station around the US that is probably why it is not available for you.

 

I'm sorry, I am not trying to start any nonsense here, but I don't understand. The US won't like a song like WAAF because it's a bit edgy for Celine, but they are happy with all that other rubbish and sh;t by Miley and that Gaga women. The absolute filth and the disgusting videos those two do, is that ok? WAAF is baby stuff compared to that other lot. Like I say, please, peace. I just don't get it, a bit raspy and the words, have a drink before leaving the house, whatever. There is no comparison between Celine's songs and those other two. They are now shocking. Am not looking for trouble, really. LukeD, take care.

 

Sharon

 

But compared to the likes of BYLM and MHWGO and TPOL it is an edgy song for Celine, especially when you compare to what most people know from the 90s. I get what Luke means. And yes while WAAF is tame compared to the stuff Miley Cyrus is putting out you need to remember that she is much younger and relatively new in her career now that she has fully broken off from the image of 'Hannah Montana' that she had when she was younger. Plus they have different audiences, majority of US Celine fans probably don't listen to or like Miley's music.

  • Like 1

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpg

January 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas

Posted (edited)

 

Sex, drama, and train wrecks is what sells here. :down: People love to see someone fall apart and then have a good come-back....ALL WHILE NAKED.. :unsure:

:sofunny:

 

Sad but true

Edited by DionFanAlways
  • Like 2
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted (edited)

Thankful with a mini choir would be amazing! Reckon the US would love that song too.

 

Though i prefer Didn't know love by far, Thankful hasn't been performed (though that DKL performance doesn't really count, thank you editing ppl)

and it would fit the occasion if the appearance would be about Celine having her debut US TV appearance on Jay Leno.

 

I am now guessing it will be either DKL or Thankful

Edited by amelie
Posted

Thankful with a mini choir would be amazing! Reckon the US would love that song too.

Yes just like when she performed in some small way, that was an amazing performance!
  • Like 3
Posted

I'm sorry, I am not trying to start any nonsense here, but I don't understand. The US won't like a song like WAAF because it's a bit edgy for Celine, but they are happy with all that other rubbish and sh;t by Miley and that Gaga women. The absolute filth and the disgusting videos those two do, is that ok? WAAF is baby stuff compared to that other lot. Like I say, please, peace. I just don't get it, a bit raspy and the words, have a drink before leaving the house, whatever. There is no comparison between Celine's songs and those other two. They are now shocking. Am not looking for trouble, really. LukeD, take care.

 

Sharon

What you say makes sense. Thing is the US market seems to expect these trashy songs from the likes of Miley. However, there is a tendency to categorize singers and expect very specific things from each one. In Celine's case she is categorized as a ballad singer, so people expect her to sing her casual power ballads and WAAF is not one of them. The song itself is great and Celine sings it very well, but still...!
  • Like 5
Posted

I get where you're coming from. And, I can't speak from Luke, but I think I understand where he's coming from too. Miley's audience and Gaga's audiences like the "absolute filth and disgusting videos". That's why they are fans of those artists. Celine's fans here in the US do tend to be older, suburban mothers. Their image of Celine, and why they like her, is that she sings these big, bombastic songs about love and peace and harmony. Therefore, a song like Water and a Flame, makes them go "Ugh. I don't like it. Why won't she sing Because You Loved Me again?"

This. ;)
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...