Xpresso Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:16 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:16 PM Album or single Luis? Quote
gafsa Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:18 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:18 PM Posters in all hmv security posts offering the album for )7.99 and tee guy said celine and gaga are flying out the door What's that mean ? Quote
salsacolin Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:25 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:25 PM Just went to Sainsburys at Braehead in Glasgow and they have it in the number 1 spot. With gaga on New release. They only had the standard edition. Didn't realise HMV Braehead was gone :-( Quote I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........ Glasgow SECC, November 1996Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008Birmingham NIA - 10 May 2008Nice, France - 5 July 2008
LuisMa Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:25 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:25 PM Album or single Luis? Sorry, single. Mike will be happy. But "Royals" is falling so it may go up even more. 2 Quote
wjd Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:35 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:35 PM Gosh, #9?! What the hell! JUST ONE MORE PERFORMANCE IN THE UK would send this top 5. I would be ELATED if she held on to the top 10 on iTunes until the end of the week - a top 10 hit would just speak volumes!!! 1 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Moleque20 Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:37 PM Author Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:37 PM Gosh, #9?! What the hell! JUST ONE MORE PERFORMANCE IN THE UK would send this top 5. I would be ELATED if she held on to the top 10 on iTunes until the end of the week - a top 10 hit would just speak volumes!!! Please someone call Rene! 2 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Ukrfan Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:43 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:43 PM Please someone call Rene! I'm almost sure he knows about the numbers. 3 Quote
Xpresso Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:44 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:44 PM Fans in the UK... you have to buy another LMBTL single so we get a Top 10 hit next week! 3 Quote
Allysadreams Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:47 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:47 PM Fans in the UK... you have to buy another LMBTL single so we get a Top 10 hit next week! I'm on it, I'm going into town after work to get the physical copy of the album and I will get the cd single also Does anyone know when we will get an idea of sale volumes of the first day or first week? I am going for at least 150,000 first week sales Hit me 2 Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
Shaun Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:47 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:47 PM Frickin unbelievable how well it's all going, why am I so nervous!!!???? Celine cut short your honeymoon and get back to the UK to promote this song!!! Oh sorry it isn't 1994!! :-D Anyway, I finally have my hands on the album but before I finally got the deluxe edition at HMV I went to my local Tesco but they are only stocking the standard edition. Celine is #3 in their chart and (i didn't touch any stock I promise!) had one of her shelves completely empty whilst Gaga and Keane were fully stocked! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/ShaunBrown129/WP_001983_zps485d3d0f.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/ShaunBrown129/WP_001984_zps25c8ba9f.jpg FINALLY!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/ShaunBrown129/WP_001985_zps7794917a.jpg 4 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Allysadreams Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:51 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:51 PM (edited) Gosh, #9?! What the hell! JUST ONE MORE PERFORMANCE IN THE UK would send this top 5. I would be ELATED if she held on to the top 10 on iTunes until the end of the week - a top 10 hit would just speak volumes!!! Well we will get another performance in Scrictly Come Dancing in December of 'Breakaway' which will give the album a second wind! She will be performing in Europe the end of the later part of the month so I am thinking that if the album and single does well in the UK, she will do another TV Performance? Maybe she'll go back and do Jonathon Ross....I'd love her to perform 'Incredible' I wonder what other show she could do? Graham Norton Christmas Special or something? Edited November 11, 2013 at 01:52 PM by Allysadreams 1 Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
Ukrfan Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:52 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:52 PM Shaun, what about those Little Mix? I hope Celine will outsell them. Quote
Xpresso Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:54 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:54 PM With this amazing success, I guess it is very possible that she makes a quick visit to the UK while she's in Belgium/France... 2 Quote
Shaun Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:56 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 01:56 PM Certainly in Tesco Little Mix were #6 and had no stock on the shelf. In HMV Celine wasn't in the chart section, she was with everyone else in the new releases section. And btw £7.99 for the standard edition in HMV is an absolute bargain! 2 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
nuts2you Posted November 11, 2013 at 02:42 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 02:42 PM how is this doing in the US Charts, Quote
Davey84 Posted November 11, 2013 at 02:48 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 02:48 PM I went to the Media Market in The Hague and it was sold out, but I don't know if they had that many copies, as she wasn't in the new releases section, like Gaga was They won't get new stock till Wednesday... really bad IMO! I can't believe why Sony gave them so little stock! 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
salsacolin Posted November 11, 2013 at 02:59 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 02:59 PM (edited) I went to the Media Market in The Hague and it was sold out, but I don't know if they had that many copies, as she wasn't in the new releases section, like Gaga was They won't get new stock till Wednesday... really bad IMO! I can't believe why Sony gave them so little stock! I'm shocked certain places have run out of stock on release week. Especially since it has the whole of the festive run still to go. I guess it's up to stores to order enough copies Edited November 11, 2013 at 03:00 PM by salsacolin Quote I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........ Glasgow SECC, November 1996Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008Birmingham NIA - 10 May 2008Nice, France - 5 July 2008
mike_z Posted November 11, 2013 at 03:11 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 03:11 PM hahaha it has just matched my predicted peak of #9! I hope I'm wrong and it can go higher! Too bad she isn't doing more promo in the UK! Otherwise it would be a sure top 10 hit for her!!! 2 Quote
Davey84 Posted November 11, 2013 at 03:47 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 03:47 PM I'm shocked certain places have run out of stock on release week. Especially since it has the whole of the festive run still to go. I guess it's up to stores to order enough copies I don't know, the guy said: Sony restocks them Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
mike_z Posted November 11, 2013 at 03:51 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 03:51 PM Sorry, single. Mike will be happy. But "Royals" is falling so it may go up even more. LOL I saw that number in my head... I was pretty sure it was going to go this high... however, I don't think it will go higher. I really hope I'm wrong. Quote
anewdayhascome Posted November 11, 2013 at 03:58 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 03:58 PM in Polish Media Markt they had about 20 standart edition and only 5 deluxe, so here if it was sold out, it wouldn't mean much Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Allysadreams Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:01 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:01 PM (edited) So I just phoned HMV in the town I live in to check prices for LMBTY Standard album and deluxe album and it's £9.99 and £12.99?! I thought the album was selling for cheaper than that? Edited November 11, 2013 at 04:01 PM by Allysadreams Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
mairtin Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:06 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:06 PM That's HMV for you. Nearly always cheaper online. 1 Quote
celine_boyfriend Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:07 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:07 PM Whoa!!! OMBJ!!!! the album is currently number 3 and the single is currently at number 9 position in itunes uk!!!!!!! Impressive!! 1 Quote Celestial Goddess of Music
mike_z Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:12 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:12 PM I'm so happy you british guys have changed destiny LOL. Instead of reading "The song flopped badly in almost all major markets" on LMBTL's wiki article, we will read "The song became Dion's biggest hit in the UK since ANDHC peaked at #7 back in 2002". 2 Quote
izadolphin Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:16 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:16 PM So I don't know how much this matters but, When the Cd Launched Tuesday last week here in the states, I went immediately to Target and got my copy. I went to work that night I found none of the albums out. Not in the new release section or in her "home" position... I finally saw them out on Friday and I scanned them to see how many copies we (our store) had on hand. Total was 20 copies (I live in a small town) and I think we had only sold one copy (I do not know how long they had been out on the shelves. But today I went just for random things and noticed that all the albums in all places were gone. I searched all over for them. I found 3... 3.. the rest were sold this weekend. I am not saying it means anything, other than the fact that they were stupid and took forever to display. But once they did, we sold almost all of them in the first 2-3 days we had them out. This could be a good boost to those poor numbers. I work at Walmart and I have seen other posts about how none of these were out on shelves when we looked for them. And as an employee, I know we are NOT doing well with hours/associates. Walmart is a HUGE greedy company that is not hiring enough people to keep things stocked. And it was one of those who "early reported" for HDD and Billboard. If it was like this in enough places, it's possible those numbers don't count for quite as much, at least with us (walmart). Just something to keep in mind. I don't want to get your hopes up guys... I'm just saying.. lol 2 Quote
izadolphin Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:18 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:18 PM (edited) I hope I'm not getting myself too high hopes lol Edited November 11, 2013 at 04:19 PM by izadolphin Quote
Shaun Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:20 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:20 PM We'll get our first look at the UK midweek's tomorrow. Nervous and excited! 3 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
mike_z Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:22 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:22 PM We'll get our first look at the UK midweek's tomorrow. Nervous and excited! just album sales right??? chart positions only, or estimates too? Quote
khader Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:23 PM Posted November 11, 2013 at 04:23 PM (edited) Lily Allen, Celine Dion scale UK iTunes charthttp://www.digitalsp...unes-chart.html Celine Dion could be poised to claim her first UK Top 10 single in over 10 years with her latest cut 'Loved Me Back To Life'. The track has advanced to number eight on the UK iTunes store, but it will have to sell consistently until Sunday's official chart. Dion's last UK Top 10 hit was 2002's 'A New Day Has Come', which peaked at number seven. Edited November 11, 2013 at 04:26 PM by khader 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.