Jump to content

Celine Dion to perform on the Jimmy Kimmel Live! show - September 6, 2013


Recommended Posts

Posted

Miss Hamster was not that bad at all. She had loads of pitch problems and flat notes during her Quebec show, so...

 

Loved the interview, nothing awkward or weird at all.

  • Like 1
Posted

when she says No,no,no, it is a mixed of no and non....

I enjoy all the little mix ups! :) As she starts doing more interviews in English they usually become less noticable, to me anyways!

I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

Why are people talking about her looks? I think she looks better than ever! She's 45. She should look 45, an she does, wrinkles and all! She doesn't want to do Botox because there's a risk it could harm her voice. It's her choice, and if she wanted to have plastic surgery, she would have by now. She's got the money! You look great, Celine!

I think the exact same way. I'm so glad she stays herself, inside and out! Especially in a world that has become so superficial.

I love her au naturel. Seriously, I would never want something like that to happen to my beloved Céline :

post-3864-0-32374700-1378570953_thumb.jpg

  • Like 3
http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg

Posted
I loved the performance and the interview :wub: love the accent too :wub: :wub:
  • Like 1
Posted

I was surprised that she brought up "the fight" from her show. It wasn't 3 or 4 weeks ago tho'. It was on June 26th. Plus, I'm surprised that she didn't know the reason for the scuffle. It wasn't a huge fist fight either. It was due to the fact that there was a guy who would not be quiet. He talked through the whole show (his wife / girlfriend) too, except for the few minutes that he went to get another alcoholic beverage. I only know these facts because I was sitting in front of that guy and next to the one who eventually turned around and told him to be quiet. It was quite shocking to say the least. I guess I can set the record straight for Celine if and when I get the chance to meet her!!!

 

Yeap, that "fight" thing made me curious and kinda confused. I just can't imagine how you can distract yourself from the show when you're actually supposed to enjoy Celine Dion performing :wacko: Thanks for letting us know 'bout it! B)

 

And by the way, guys. Do you remember that when 'Taking Chances' premiered on the X Factor UK back in 2007 the performance was also a bit far from being flawless?? But all the further perfomances were better. Maybe Celine feels sorta insecure when she performes a new song for the first time and it's no wonder actually. Or maybe it's due to time restrictions and rush or all the factors rolled into one, u know. :innocent:

Love comes to those who believe it...
Posted

BAD REVIEWS are starting to surface the web :S

 

http://www.toyazworldblog.net/2013/09/celine-dion-struggles-with-loved-me.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

 

As a powerhouse legend, Celine Dioncan be considered the best of the best among your Mariah's andWhitney's.

 

But her first televised performance of new single 'Loved Me Back To Life' was anything but fierce. Last night, she visited Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote her new album of the same name, which hits stores in November. The title track received the live treatment on the show, but unfortunately, the serial lip sync-er was singing under pitch. It's definitely a hard song to sing as evident in her protruding neck veins!

 

Watch the performance and interview below!

Posted

Why are people talking about her looks? I think she looks better than ever! She's 45. She should look 45, an she does, wrinkles and all! She doesn't want to do Botox because there's a risk it could harm her voice. It's her choice, and if she wanted to have plastic surgery, she would have by now. She's got the money! You look great, Celine!

 

I completely agree with you!

Posted

Yeap, that "fight" thing made me curious and kinda confused. I just can't imagine how you can distract yourself from the show when you're actually supposed to enjoy Celine Dion performing :wacko:

 

Because those drunk people who come to see her show aren't fans. They're just people who goes to Vegas to have fun, go to the clubs, casinos and other kind of shows, but not to see Celine's concert. They just need to have some rest for their crazy party schedule and they take advantage of Celine show which is a relaxed kind of show while they wait for their next drink :innocent: Some even fall asleep during the concert.

  • Like 2

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

BAD REVIEWS are starting to surface the web :S

 

http://www.toyazworl..._medium=twitter

 

As a powerhouse legend, Celine Dioncan be considered the best of the best among your Mariah's andWhitney's.

 

But her first televised performance of new single 'Loved Me Back To Life' was anything but fierce. Last night, she visited Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote her new album of the same name, which hits stores in November. The title track received the live treatment on the show, but unfortunately, the serial lip sync-er was singing under pitch. It's definitely a hard song to sing as evident in her protruding neck veins!

 

 

Watch the performance and interview below!

 

Stupid blog with no impact :sofunny: and a hater I guess....

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 2
Posted

I love the story about the fight! Can you imagine? A "bloody" fight at Celine Dion concert? :chair:

I thought that such things happen only at rock concerts!

But who knows? Now with these new modern sounding songs... :axesmiley:

Ok, I'm just joking :laughing:

  • Like 2
The Best Is Yet To Come...
Posted

BAD REVIEWS are starting to surface the web :S

 

http://www.toyazworl..._medium=twitter

 

As a powerhouse legend, Celine Dioncan be considered the best of the best among your Mariah's andWhitney's.

 

But her first televised performance of new single 'Loved Me Back To Life' was anything but fierce. Last night, she visited Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote her new album of the same name, which hits stores in November. The title track received the live treatment on the show, but unfortunately, the serial lip sync-er was singing under pitch. It's definitely a hard song to sing as evident in her protruding neck veins!

 

 

Watch the performance and interview below!

 

the kind of dishonest review that some are delighted to write...Maybe it was not her best, but to say she is a serial lyp-syncher, her neck veins... would it have been perfect, this person would not have written anything.

Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted (edited)

^Make sure to distinguish between reviews from actual relevant sources vs wannabe entertainment blogs (everyone's got one these days) with barely any audience.

 

This kinda makes me wonder if Loved Me Back to Life was lipped during Une Seule Fois... It sounded so much better then! And yes, I've read the last 7 pages of comments on possible reasons why it didn't sound as good on Jimmy, but maybe?

 

 

I am the first person to call her out on lipping when it's warranted, but this is just unfair and illogical to invalidate a good performance solely on the basis of her having a bad night.

 

First of all, you think she lipped that horrible strained note at the bridge at Une Seul Fois? :wacko: That performance itself had slight pitch problems as well, just not as bad as last night. Her lipped tracks would be polished.

She's performed this song 3 times, and the funny thing is that in the two bad performances she performed the highest note better than in the "good" performance at Une Seul Fois..

 

Have you never seen Celine give a terrible performance of a song one night and then an amazing one at another time? It happens all of the time. Does it invalidate every good performance she's ever done? Case in point:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is-WoCsXrBA

 

vs

 

Edited by Your_Su_Phu
  • Like 3
Posted

Well, I felt like Celine did an awesome job! I think we all count down the days and minutes to everything related to her. When that happens we build up high expectations, and we tend to feel disappointed somewhat. It's like what happened wasn't exactly what we had pictured in our mind.

 

All in all, I think it was a good interview. I think Celine felt at ease. She's a genuine and sincere person, and that's one reason why I find her so endearing. I wanted to say to Kimmel, "So what her kids have the water park. Yeah, you didn't have one as a child, but you certainly have the money to afford expensive things now. So, give her a break!" The twins certainly haven't had much time in that water park. They're too little to be given freedom to run loose around there. It's a beautiful place, and I feel sad that they're selling something that they spent so much time building. They haven't had the house very long. Maybe they've decided that there's just too much water around the place with twins that need a lot of supervision. I certainly wouldn't sleep well knowing about all the dangers if I still had little ones around.

 

I was surprised that she brought up "the fight" from her show. It wasn't 3 or 4 weeks ago tho'. It was on June 26th. Plus, I'm surprised that she didn't know the reason for the scuffle. It wasn't a huge fist fight either. It was due to the fact that there was a guy who would not be quiet. He talked through the whole show (his wife / girlfriend) too, except for the few minutes that he went to get another alcoholic beverage. I only know these facts because I was sitting in front of that guy and next to the one who eventually turned around and told him to be quiet. It was quite shocking to say the least. I guess I can set the record straight for Celine if and when I get the chance to meet her!!!

 

I never knew the story about Prince not being able to sign her board. That was news to me, and I found it funny! I've never heard her talk about turning the plates over for dessert either. Now, that's a very good idea. I might start that tradition myself!!!

 

I think the show could've done without the human car wash and the other guest! I don't watch Jimmy Kimmel. Only tonight due to Celine being on the show.

 

I think that Celine did a wonderful job of singing LMBTL. Those who have never heard the song probably heard it differently from us. We watch and listen to every little nuance, and sometimes that ruins the joy of the over all experience. I could tell that Celine was having trouble with the ear piece. The TV studio is a different singing environment (a lot smaller) than the Colosseum or an outdoor concert. It was her first time to sing for an American audience and I really think she needs her band with her. I would tend to believe that she feels more comfortable with her band etc with her. She was a lone wolf! Even I knew that when the show came back from the commercial, there was only about 3 minutes left for her to sing. I also noticed that the song seemed to have been shortened due to that. Right away I felt like Celine was rushed. There wasn't enough time for her to build up the song and sing it like it deserved to be performed. She did a great job, but it seemed that Celine didn't enjoy the time restrictions or the environment in which she was singing. Therefore, that was probably one reason why she seemed a little disappointed. It wasn't just one thing, but several factors that brought about her "disappointment". Maybe all of that stressed her out a bit. Again, I think we are the ones who probably picked up on that 'cause we know her so well. I would have preferred to have seen her on Jay Leno instead of Kimmel. Plus, I would rather she was on Katie now instead of back in April. Of course, maybe Leno will be visited (or Letterman) when the CD is released. I have my fingers crossed!

 

I'm looking forward to Ellen's show. I just hope that she is genuinely sincere interviewing Celine instead of trying to be funny. Give Celine room to relax and breathe so she will be at her best mentally and physically when she performs. After all, she is Celine Dion!!! Let her do her thing!!!

Whoa where have you been? I know you are busy and so am I, but I enjoy your posts and think you are a great asset to this forum. You spoke to me in a few posts last year and I thought that was cool.

 

Thanks for letting us know about the fight. I honestly didn't know that until she mentioned it. It was cool that she did mention it because it makes her seem that she is aware of her surroundings. Also it's good that we know because we can see that fights happen anywhere including Celine concerts.

 

It was funny about Prince and the board thing. It was soo funny when she said it was the time he had no name she he couldn't sign the board. I think I am going to check that performance again it was soo funny.

  • Like 1

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted

the kind of dishonest review that some are delighted to write...Maybe it was not her best, but to say she is a serial lyp-syncher, her neck veins... would it have been perfect, this person would not have written anything.

 

Maybe someone of the forum....

  • Like 4
Posted

BAD REVIEWS are starting to surface the web :S

 

http://www.toyazworl..._medium=twitter

 

As a powerhouse legend, Celine Dioncan be considered the best of the best among your Mariah's andWhitney's.

 

But her first televised performance of new single 'Loved Me Back To Life' was anything but fierce. Last night, she visited Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote her new album of the same name, which hits stores in November. The title track received the live treatment on the show, but unfortunately, the serial lip sync-er was singing under pitch. It's definitely a hard song to sing as evident in her protruding neck veins!

 

 

Watch the performance and interview below!

 

I bet it's from someone on the forum :wtf:

  • Like 1
Posted

Maybe someone of the forum....

 

LOL exactly my thoughts, beat me for a few seconds

  • Like 1
Posted

In the past I've been accused of being too negative and critical of Celine, but I'm honestly shocked at some of the "fan" reactions on here. They've been far harsher than anything you'll read elsewhere online. Don't get me wrong, I am all for being frank and honest about Celine, and to discuss her vocal flaws and areas that need improvement. But some of you have been ready to dismiss her as losing her voice based on one performance.

 

And to make it worse, there are posts here complaining about how horribly old she looks. Err...where have you been these past 10 years? That's Celine! Are you new or something? We've had HD pics for awhile...she's not always going to have soft lighting and filters on her face...

  • Like 7
Posted

BAD REVIEWS are starting to surface the web :S

 

http://www.toyazworl..._medium=twitter

 

As a powerhouse legend, Celine Dioncan be considered the best of the best among your Mariah's andWhitney's.

 

But her first televised performance of new single 'Loved Me Back To Life' was anything but fierce. Last night, she visited Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote her new album of the same name, which hits stores in November. The title track received the live treatment on the show, but unfortunately, the serial lip sync-er was singing under pitch. It's definitely a hard song to sing as evident in her protruding neck veins!

 

 

Watch the performance and interview below!

 

 

We shouldn't read things like that. They're destroying the atmosphere! We want to enjoy everything what's going on right now.

And that's the place to do that, so... :cheers:

Ignore the haters! We're here to :love: and to :clap: !

  • Like 5
The Best Is Yet To Come...
Posted

Well, I felt like Celine did an awesome job! I think we all count down the days and minutes to everything related to her. When that happens we build up high expectations, and we tend to feel disappointed somewhat. It's like what happened wasn't exactly what we had pictured in our mind.

 

All in all, I think it was a good interview. I think Celine felt at ease. She's a genuine and sincere person, and that's one reason why I find her so endearing. I wanted to say to Kimmel, "So what her kids have the water park. Yeah, you didn't have one as a child, but you certainly have the money to afford expensive things now. So, give her a break!" The twins certainly haven't had much time in that water park. They're too little to be given freedom to run loose around there. It's a beautiful place, and I feel sad that they're selling something that they spent so much time building. They haven't had the house very long. Maybe they've decided that there's just too much water around the place with twins that need a lot of supervision. I certainly wouldn't sleep well knowing about all the dangers if I still had little ones around.

 

I was surprised that she brought up "the fight" from her show. It wasn't 3 or 4 weeks ago tho'. It was on June 26th. Plus, I'm surprised that she didn't know the reason for the scuffle. It wasn't a huge fist fight either. It was due to the fact that there was a guy who would not be quiet. He talked through the whole show (his wife / girlfriend) too, except for the few minutes that he went to get another alcoholic beverage. I only know these facts because I was sitting in front of that guy and next to the one who eventually turned around and told him to be quiet. It was quite shocking to say the least. I guess I can set the record straight for Celine if and when I get the chance to meet her!!!

 

I never knew the story about Prince not being able to sign her board. That was news to me, and I found it funny! I've never heard her talk about turning the plates over for dessert either. Now, that's a very good idea. I might start that tradition myself!!!

 

I think the show could've done without the human car wash and the other guest! I don't watch Jimmy Kimmel. Only tonight due to Celine being on the show.

 

I think that Celine did a wonderful job of singing LMBTL. Those who have never heard the song probably heard it differently from us. We watch and listen to every little nuance, and sometimes that ruins the joy of the over all experience. I could tell that Celine was having trouble with the ear piece. The TV studio is a different singing environment (a lot smaller) than the Colosseum or an outdoor concert. It was her first time to sing for an American audience and I really think she needs her band with her. I would tend to believe that she feels more comfortable with her band etc with her. She was a lone wolf! Even I knew that when the show came back from the commercial, there was only about 3 minutes left for her to sing. I also noticed that the song seemed to have been shortened due to that. Right away I felt like Celine was rushed. There wasn't enough time for her to build up the song and sing it like it deserved to be performed. She did a great job, but it seemed that Celine didn't enjoy the time restrictions or the environment in which she was singing. Therefore, that was probably one reason why she seemed a little disappointed. It wasn't just one thing, but several factors that brought about her "disappointment". Maybe all of that stressed her out a bit. Again, I think we are the ones who probably picked up on that 'cause we know her so well. I would have preferred to have seen her on Jay Leno instead of Kimmel. Plus, I would rather she was on Katie now instead of back in April. Of course, maybe Leno will be visited (or Letterman) when the CD is released. I have my fingers crossed!

 

I'm looking forward to Ellen's show. I just hope that she is genuinely sincere interviewing Celine instead of trying to be funny. Give Celine room to relax and breathe so she will be at her best mentally and physically when she performs. After all, she is Celine Dion!!! Let her do her thing!!!

 

Hope you can tell Celine the whole story someday. :)

  • Like 1

www.celinecn.com

Youtube | Sohu 

Posted

I remember Miley getting a big outdoor stage when she performed on jimmy kimmel a few weeks ago.

 

I guess celine couldn't draw a big enough crowd for something like that? :(

Posted

I remember Miley getting a big outdoor stage when she performed on jimmy kimmel a few weeks ago.

 

I guess celine couldn't draw a big enough crowd for something like that? :(

 

We won't talk about Miley in few years... she is not an artist, only a product, a bad product

  • Like 6
Posted

 

 

I am the first person to call her out on lipping when it's warranted, but this is just unfair and illogical to invalidate a good performance solely on the basis of her having a bad night.

 

First of all, you think she lipped that horrible strained note at the bridge at Une Seul Fois? :wacko: That performance itself had slight pitch problems as well, just not as bad as last night. Her lipped tracks would be polished.

She's performed this song 3 times, and the funny thing is that in the two bad performances she performed the highest note better than in the "good" performance at Une Seul Fois..

 

Have you never seen Celine give a terrible performance of a song one night and then an amazing one at another time? It happens all of the time. Does it invalidate every good performance she's ever done? Case in point:

 

 

 

 

First off, I thought that "horrible, strained note" at Une Seule Fois was amazing. It was raw and edgy. Second, I really do hope it was live, (and it probably was!), but when I compare it to the other two live versions, it was simply so much better. That is why I question whether it was live or not. It is perfectly logical and fair to do so.

Posted

 

 

We won't talk about Miley in few years... she is not an artist, only a product, a bad product

I agree. But i was kinda underwhelmed when Celine sang on that tiny stage. I was expecting her to have the same as Miley. I thought all acts on JK would perform in the same stage... Guess not.
Posted

 

 

I was surprised that she brought up "the fight" from her show. It wasn't 3 or 4 weeks ago tho'. It was on June 26th. Plus, I'm surprised that she didn't know the reason for the scuffle. It wasn't a huge fist fight either. It was due to the fact that there was a guy who would not be quiet. He talked through the whole show (his wife / girlfriend) too, except for the few minutes that he went to get another alcoholic beverage. I only know these facts because I was sitting in front of that guy and next to the one who eventually turned around and told him to be quiet. It was quite shocking to say the least. I guess I can set the record straight for Celine if and when I get the chance to meet her!!!

 

 

 

What happened after that? Was everyone involved thrown out, or just the people who wouldn't stop talking?

Posted (edited)

First off, I thought that "horrible, strained note" at Une Seule Fois was amazing. It was raw and edgy. Second, I really do hope it was live, (and it probably was!), but when I compare it to the other two live versions, it was simply so much better. That is why I question whether it was live or not. It is perfectly logical and fair to do so.

 

That's nice that you think a throaty and strained note was "amazing" (I've seen a few others express the same sentiment). Except the problem is that technically speaking it's still a horrific note, and if Celine sang that way all the time (a la Christina Aguilera) her voice would vanish within a year. You can add edge and grit to your voice without using horrible placement and shredding your vocal chords..

 

Also, even disregarding that strained to hell note, what you're saying is you think Celine pre-recorded a version of the song with obvious pitch problems for Une Seul Fois when her sound engineers could have simply smoothed those errors over easily? :unsure: They ended up autotuning all the errors anyway in the post-production, so if she was indeed lipsynching that song then they would've just polished the prerecorded track to begin with!

Edited by Your_Su_Phu
Posted (edited)

http://youtu.be/SjdkilqoAQo?a

 

Found this clip of Celine signing autographs after the show. Love the fact that she has a bag of Lays potato chips in the car. :-)

Edited by WindyCityCelineFan
  • Like 5
Posted

Just saw the performance... yeah uhm it sounded like one of those horrid talent show wannabe's renditions.

 

But eh, everyone has bad days.

 

Now excuse me while I go forget this performance happened.

http://i.imgur.com/MfrTohK.gif

Posted

Found this clip of Celine signing autographs after the show. Love the fact that she has a bag of Lays potato chips in the car. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SjdkilqoAQo

'What do you think of Lady Gaga? You're just as talented' Seriously! :pinch:

  • Like 2
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

In the past I've been accused of being too negative and critical of Celine, but I'm honestly shocked at some of the "fan" reactions on here. They've been far harsher than anything you'll read elsewhere online. Don't get me wrong, I am all for being frank and honest about Celine, and to discuss her vocal flaws and areas that need improvement. But some of you have been ready to dismiss her as losing her voice based on one performance.

 

And to make it worse, there are posts here complaining about how horribly old she looks. Err...where have you been these past 10 years? That's Celine! Are you new or something? We've had HD pics for awhile...she's not always going to have soft lighting and filters on her face...

 

I thought the exact thing you speak of. You have always stuck out in my head as being harsh on her (in the past), but you've been awesome in this thread, and others, about really just being honest but fair with your words. I agree with you, I can't believe the proportion that's being blown in this thread by some. It's really quite ridiculous. She has a good performance and she's the best singer ever. She has an off performance and she's washed up and losing her voice.

  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...