Si J'etais Quelqu'un Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:05 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:05 AM I want a "My Heart Will Go On Because Your Liver Sure Won't" on that menu. An "All By Myself" because my friends couldn't handle my drunk a**, and a "I Won't Drive All Night." Send a bottle of A New Day Has Rum & Coke over to that table please. 2 Quote http://oi39.tinypic.com/dzjgva.jpg
littleames Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:05 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:05 AM Oh that's brilliant.... Here's a few more....I'm Alive... For NowCall The Man... to Drive Me HomeIt's All Coming Back to Me Tomorrow MorningThe Power of VodkaOr you can't get real crazy and use Naked. No change needed. 1 Quote
ashtonelijah Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:07 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:07 AM Send a bottle of A New Day Has Rum & Coke over to that table please. Liquor From the Moon! 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
mebe Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:08 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:08 AM Just listened to it again and i think her performance is very good! What else can I say? It's very good! Quote
littleames Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:10 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:10 AM Liquor From the Moon!That's Just the Liquor In Me! 2 Quote
littleames Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:12 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:12 AM Her face when she first came out was sooo adorable!!! 1 Quote
Si J'etais Quelqu'un Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:12 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:12 AM Liquor From the Moon! Last Call's (The Saddest Word) is only served after 4 am. By that point everyone is too gone to realize that 'Last Call' is, in fact, two words. 1 Quote http://oi39.tinypic.com/dzjgva.jpg
superstar85ca Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:13 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:13 AM OMG cutest Celine moment with Jimmy is when she says "Listen my friend, when you have to do the dishes, you'll flip your plate!!!" 3 Quote
LooneyLindz Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:13 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:13 AM Liquor From the Moon! With This BeerMy Hangover Will Go OnI Remember Last Night I think A New Day Has Rum is my personal favorite so far.... a round for all! 3 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:14 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:14 AM OMG cutest Celine moment with Jimmy is when she says "Listen my friend, when you have to do the dishes, you'll flip your plate!!!"Yea that was cute. It made her sound like a human when she said that. 2 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
Popular Post Nmj Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:15 AM Popular Post Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:15 AM First off, Jimmy was very funny I thought, but I reliased today that Celine can hold her own in any situation. Going in to this interview, I was worried that she couldn't handle his humor, but she held her own , and I saw a chemistry between them, I'm sure Jimmy will have her back in the future! Second, Some of you guys are crazy, im sorry but... She's damned if she lips and she's damned if she sings it live? She can't win!! It wasn't perfect but it still was amazing in my opinion and I will take a 8/10 LIVE performance anyday over a 10/10 lipped one. 13 Quote
Popular Post Davey84 Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:17 AM Popular Post Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:17 AM Ok it wasn't perfect, but by God! I'd rather have this than 10000 lipped performances! If she had lipped, people would have been outraged! Now she sings LIVE and has some difficulties ... people are negative too! Sometimes she can't do anything good can she??? SHE'S ONLY HUMAN! I love the LMBTL is finally rolling! 10 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
LooneyLindz Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:19 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:19 AM Second, Some of you guys are crazy, im sorry but... She's damned if she lips and she's damned if she sings it live? She can't win!!It wasn't perfect but it still was amazing in my opinion and I will take a 8/10 LIVE performance anyday over a 10/10 lipped one. Absolutely my thoughts! 2 Quote
Thecolourofmylove Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:22 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:22 AM (edited) My take... First off, when I first heard she was going on Kimmel, my reaction was, "Why?!" While I can't stand Leno, The Tonight Show is a staple on American television and would have made a much better choice for her first US performance. After all, once Fallon takes over, she may not have a spot left there. His audience is much younger and their musical tastes are not exactly AC. Why not Letterman? Some of her best US performances have been on Letterman (Another Year Has Gone By, I'm Alive, Natural Woman - a song the US didn't even get until years later, River Deep, Mountain High, Because You Loved Me). What filled me with excitement after her first live performance of the song was the look on her face once the song was over. It was if she was so nervous and yet thrilled about it and was hopeful that her fans would embrace it. When the audience went wild, she looked genuinely thrilled. A look we haven't seen her make since before MHWGO. THAT thrilled me! The look after tonight's performance was not the same. She was clearly not happy with something. Whether it be the studio, the audio problems, her mic, her voice, Jimmy, lack of a band, her personal life... Something else was on her mind tonight. BTW, she's Celine Dion, if she woke up today not feeling well, she should have rescheduled. For those not in the US, you don't quite have the stigma attached to lipping we have here. Look at shows like Top of the Pops, where lipping was the norm. That would NEVER fly in the US so for those saying she should have lipped, I'm sorry but you are so wrong. If anything, it will show people that she doesn't lipsynch her material, which can only be a good thing when her contemporaries are only lipping. Well, the only contemporaries she has left are Mariah and Gloria and Gloria (love her as much as I do) has never been known as having the strongest of voices anyway. She's Celine freaking Dion so what she says goes. She should demand her band and backup singers perform with her on Ellen and all subsequent appearances. If they are on vacation, tough - that's showbiz. Singing along to a track is just tacky and, frankly, its beneath her. That was my main issue with the whole thing. I mean, even the kids on American Idol have a band to sing along with before we vote them into obscurity. Its clear she was struggling but if you don't watch her, close your eyes, and just listen to the performance, she did a really good job considering the type of song it is and that there was no band or backup vocalists. Edited September 7, 2013 at 06:24 AM by Thecolourofmylove 3 Quote Bryan Beavers | Create Your Badgehttp://badge.facebook.com/badge/577905483.228.1040373769.pnghttp://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/nafnoid23/Untitled-2.jpg
zuv Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:22 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:22 AM Wow just watched it again... She was spot on during the interview, very quick with the replies, good answers, she made me smile a lot. He was tricky, i felt like he wasnt easy on her... Just a feeling, bit she did great. Watched that performance for a 4th time! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! 1 Quote
Koolan Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:22 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:22 AM Second, Some of you guys are crazy, im sorry but... She's damned if she lips and she's damned if she sings it live? She can't win!!It wasn't perfect but it still was amazing in my opinion and I will take a 8/10 LIVE performance anyday over a 10/10 lipped one.Couldn't agree more! 3 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
superstar85ca Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:27 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:27 AM (edited) Honestly I just watched the interview and I could have watched those two yak it up for another hour with a huge smile on my face! OMG, I was like a little kid, huge grin all giddy watching it!!! It was nice to see again how funny Celine could be in an interview when she actually has the right type of person talking to her. She used to be known for her funny stories on the talk show circuit in the 90's (Jay, Arsenio, David ) so it was good to hear her be funny with Jimmy and poke fun at herself a little. I have to say I don't think Ellen will be nearly as good because at least Jimmy laughed along and was friendly like they were just sitting down having a fun chat. Ellen is just going to look at Celine with a blank face and make fun of her mansion and living in Vegas etc. But hopefully I'll be wrong about that! I'll still be watching either way! Edited September 7, 2013 at 06:29 AM by superstar85ca 2 Quote
celinelover50 Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:33 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:33 AM it was a little pitchy - but it was amazing so proud she didnt lip - the mistakes are forgiven easily at least she has the guts to go and BOOM! the hell out of the song! Quote http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/celinelover50/celine/TEOL_Sig.jpg
Your_Su_Phu Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:37 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:37 AM (edited) She's Celine freaking Dion so what she says goes. She should demand her band and backup singers perform with her on Ellen and all subsequent appearances. If they are on vacation, tough - that's showbiz. Singing along to a track is just tacky and, frankly, its beneath her. That was my main issue with the whole thing. I mean, even the kids on American Idol have a band to sing along with before we vote them into obscurity. I couldn't disagree more. One of the biggest problems with Celine's live performances when she's doing an uptempo or "modern" song is that her backup band is horrific. She has something similar to a huge extended family working for her all these years, whether it's the backup singers, band, etc., and that's great and all in terms of their friendship and loyalty, but a lot of them are so behind the times. I remember during the TC tour all of the so-called "rock-y" songs had the most soft and tame instrumentation from her band. It was all so...anticlimactic. The same goes for her backup singers...sometimes they are just TERRIBLE. When the song calls for aggressive and youthful backup vocals, they'll often give the opposite. One of the greatest strengths of LMBTL is its intricate and modern production. As bad as this performance was, I am thrilled that she's using the backing track. We already saw how the orchestra and band sounded with LMBTL in Vegas (with that bootleg) and it was BAD. It took away all the edginess of the song. Overall, this was a very pitchy performance, but I think people forget so quickly how bad she sounded during the first Vegas run. No one is perfect ALL of the time. I already see some fans freaking out that she's losing her voice. She's given far worse performances..Lately, when she has really bad nights, her pitch seems to go haywire more than ever before. But I still prefer pitchy Celine to nasal Celine (think back to the first Vegas show) any day of the week. Edited September 7, 2013 at 06:39 AM by Your_Su_Phu 2 Quote
Roosa Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:45 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:45 AM GUYS!!! Where can I watch the interview online?! I only found the performance... I neeeeeeeed to see it. 1 Quote http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7015/cdfk.jpg"I looked in the audience. There were no strangers. Everybody was singing and cheering and hugging. That was a beautiful picture to look at."- Céline Dion
Chin Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:46 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:46 AM Just watched it... I think she looked really uncomfortable when singing Quote
MalaysiaCeline Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:47 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:47 AM OMG, listen to the HD HQ version, considering this is REAL LIVE, she sounded really bring me back to life, after decades of her lip synced performances! This live version sound greatest then all the version I had heard when she did the falsetto after the big notes! Quite of agreed that put on your earphone n who else in today music world can belt out this powerful ballad like QUEEN Celine does? Salute and look forward to her next performance make sure is LIVE like this ! Just worry Celine might not want to risk in Ellen's show by lipsync to the studio version ! Once again, this version is D BEST so far really love the falsetto , really add the emotion to the song, make it even stronger deeper! Quote http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/29945/2002084162406147433_rs.jpg "Taking Chances"...All Malaysian pls standby for the best album release in the year of 2007....
manolo19 Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:50 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:50 AM (edited) I'm stoned too and I loved it. Yeah she struggled but she could be lip syncing and she sounds pretty decent. We all know up tempo songs are not her thing. She has always lipped Idan, Lcmm and I'm alive have usually sucked. Shadow of love sucked. That's the way it is sucked. I'd say in comparison to those this was awesome.I am high watching it and let me tell you one thing... my boyfriend f****** clapped at the end.. he was impressed even though he had seen her in Quebec .. we had shivers down our spine. My boyfriend works for Bell Center in Montreal and Osheaga festival , and he said after seeing Celine live you can't be impressed anymore , even for the sound. Edited September 7, 2013 at 07:04 AM by manolo19 Quote
comingback Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:52 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:52 AM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2OfpzCM1FI I think it was not perfect but OK I am glad it was live and not playback. Quote
lyn Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:54 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:54 AM http://vimeo.com/73992018 thx!! 1 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
divaslive98 Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:55 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:55 AM What is the general reaction online from viewers of tonight's performance (aside from people on here). Notice at the very beginning, her ii ii iii's don't quite line up with the track, so it is possible she may not have heard herself well. When she pulled the ear pieces out, she probably didn't hear herself at all THIS IS IMPORTANT! she couldn't have taken her earpiece out because she didn't have her band but she was definitely having trouble with tonality. But her intonation was still impressive. However, I have to admit that I was ashamed by this performance. I am not as ashamed as I was after Whitney's GMA performance in 2009, not nearly, but the shame I feel is of the same type. I am ashamed because my Diva has a problem. My diva, Celine Dion, has a problem where she sings way too many shows in Las Vegas and it ruins her voice and then when it comes time to actually make her comeback she has barely 10% of the vocal stamina that she had when she began "Celine ..." She is trying to do everything at the same time and it is just not possible for her anymore. If she wants to truly promote her albums and singles, she has to give up singing in Las Vegas, something she does primarily for the money, and focus again on preserving her voice so she can give it to us, the fans, through her albums and public performances. She is giving everything to Las Vegas now, and has nothing left for the album. It is sad. I am also very high right now. Quote
celinelover50 Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:55 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:55 AM make sure you watch it in hd theres a huge difference to the low quality! i dont think theres much wrong with her performance you all been smoking crack or what? ha! also in the interview - did anyone else catch a glimpse of the back of that vinyl edition? it contained another image from the same photoshoot so im guessing the album will contain images from that shoot Quote http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/celinelover50/celine/TEOL_Sig.jpg
mike_z Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:56 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:56 AM The in ear piece must have been giving her troubles, because she improved a lot after she took it off..And I'm glad she's having problems with her pitch and not with her sound. She started having them with some performances of TTWII (slightly) and then more noticeable with her tv performances of ANDHC (some of them)... But other than the pitch, her sound is really powerful, nuanced and not nasal at all as it was back in 2007.Even her head voice gained some depth that I thought was forever gone!I'm overall happy with the performance! I'm so happy she's not lipsynching, she didn't do it with any of her lead singles in the US and she won't disappoint us this time! Ellen is gonna be awesome! 2 Quote
QueenCeline87 Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:00 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:00 AM Morning guys!! Wow so many pages to catch up on! First thing!! How amazing did she look!!! And those shoes!!!!!! OMG I need to own them!! Loved the interview!! Very funny and pretty much all new.He even asked about the house in Florida.The performance was great too, it was not as amazing as Quebec but it was still good not perfect , but I take that over lip sync any day!! I also think maybe she was a little nervous or something went wrong at the start. Over all I'm impressed , bring on next week with Ellen etc!! 1 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
mike_z Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:02 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:02 AM Clearly the comments are not flattering towards her voice. People love her still. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2OfpzCM1FI&list=UU0-RIXdWnbqEDEVSfB-OXFg Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.