JCeline85 Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:39 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:39 AM Hmmm not her best.... But well it was live Quote The Wait Is Over?
superstar85ca Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:39 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:39 AM Just look up Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks Grammys 2010 if you want to hear flat notes!! ((And Taylor is one of the most popular singers out there now!!? ?)) Should make you feel a LOT better about Celine's performance tonight lol!!! 1 Quote
zuv Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:42 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:42 AM Do we have an interview video? 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:43 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:43 AM Just look up Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks Grammys 2010 if you want to hear flat notes!! ((And Taylor is one of the most popular singers out there now!!? ?)) Should make you feel a LOT better about Celine's performance tonight lol!!! I guess that's the IN thing to do nowadays to sell more digital copies... Céline gave it a try tonight! 1 Quote
LooneyLindz Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:43 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:43 AM that sounds like it could be a personal ad section for members wanting to....ahem....meet up with other members "after dark" LOL. Or that! But I'll clarify.... a section just for our, um, more taboo comments and, uh, extracurricular activities! Quote
Si J'etais Quelqu'un Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:43 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:43 AM that sounds like it could be a personal ad section for members wanting to....ahem....meet up with other members "after dark" If it were a physical place, there'd be a lot of strobe lights and fog and this: 1 Quote http://oi39.tinypic.com/dzjgva.jpg
karatedude317 Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:46 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:46 AM I noticed the mole tonight too, I wonder if she's enhancing it for real like it's enhanced in the photoshoot, or if it's just getting more pronounced. You could see her spitting as she's singing and you can see her face really looking like she's struggling. I'm sure this was difficult for her, she didn't look at ease like she did in Quebec. I hope she gets some rest Quote
superstar85ca Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:46 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:46 AM I guess that's the IN thing to do nowadays to sell more digital copies... Céline gave it a try tonight! Ha!! Yeah, seems to be the trend these days!! Quote
karatedude317 Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:48 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:48 AM If it were a physical place, there'd be a lot of strobe lights and fog and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crcDJ6kK2_wWow I remember that dance version being on some of the top 40 stations back in the day. Yea that would be a fun time if this were a physical place, with that song, IDAN and some uptempo songs from TC would make it perfect 2 Quote
LooneyLindz Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:48 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:48 AM Just look up Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks Grammys 2010 if you want to hear flat notes!! ((And Taylor is one of the most popular singers out there now!!? ?)) Should make you feel a LOT better about Celine's performance tonight lol!!! Flat notes like Celine had tonight only become a problem when you have them ALL the time, like Taylor, and STILL manage to sell millions of albums/downloads. Now THERE is a phenomenon I truly do not understand. Just goes to show that music fans aren't looking for PERFECTION like they may have used to. For an artist who isn't looking for perfection but can actually sing, look at Adele. Her vocals are gritty, sometimes flat... not often, but it happens. For the record, I LOVED the interview. She was so great and really meshed well with Jimmy. The performance was a little rocky, but again, I actually LIKE to hear the imperfections. Like others have said, it makes it more human and less robotic. Everyone would've been up in arms if she lipped. She didn't. And she's only sung the song a few times. Time to give the girl a little wiggle room. 4 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:48 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:48 AM (edited) LOL these people on here are funny! I can't believe some people said they were smokin' weed or high right now on the forum. LOL smh! Who know what you find on here at mid night. Edited September 7, 2013 at 05:49 AM by Prima_Donna1 1 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
karatedude317 Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:50 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:50 AM there could be worse things going on here at night. bow chica bow wow Quote
littleames Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:51 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:51 AM Just look up Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks Grammys 2010 if you want to hear flat notes!! ((And Taylor is one of the most popular singers out there now!!? ?)) Should make you feel a LOT better about Celine's performance tonight lol!!!Her Tim McGraw song? OMG I still can't get over that when she sang it to him. HORRIBLE!!!!! 1 Quote
zuv Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:51 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:51 AM You guys are a bunch of fools, soryy but i watched this performance for a 3rd time... More sober now, and this was flawless. Amazing! Raw! No autotune!!! Are you guys comparing the autotune version done by julie snyder with this one?!?! If so, then u are really a fool! This was pure Celine!! 2 Quote
LooneyLindz Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:52 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:52 AM Wow I remember that dance version being on some of the top 40 stations back in the day. Yea that would be a fun time if this were a physical place, with that song, IDAN and some uptempo songs from TC would make it perfect I love that this is taking a physical form now.... LOL. Awesome! Don't forget the will.i.am version of Eyes On Me, I'm Alive, etc. etc. And we can have drinks named after songs. Who wants to guess what's in a Think Twice! Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:52 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:52 AM there could be worse things going on here at night. bow chica bow wowI know right! Btw I am not judging. It's just funny! Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
Xpresso Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:52 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:52 AM LOL these people on here are funny! I can't believe some people said they were smokin' weed or high right now on the forum. LOL smh! Who know what you find on here at mid night. There's worst stuff going on here even during the day... just ask DIVO and the Greek husband... 4 Quote
karatedude317 Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:53 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:53 AM I love that this is taking a physical form now.... LOL. Awesome! Don't forget the will.i.am version of Eyes On Me, I'm Alive, etc. etc. And we can have drinks named after songs. Who wants to guess what's in a Think Twice! Something so loaded up with booze that you'd have to think twice before drinking it 1 Quote
karatedude317 Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:54 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:54 AM There's worst stuff going on here even during the day... just ask DIVO and the Greek husband... I'm sure they are burning up the skype lines 1 Quote
neilpharmd Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:56 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:56 AM (edited) http://vimeo.com/73992018 Edited September 7, 2013 at 05:57 AM by neilpharmd 3 Quote
littleames Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:56 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:56 AM I love that this is taking a physical form now.... LOL. Awesome! Don't forget the will.i.am version of Eyes On Me, I'm Alive, etc. etc. And we can have drinks named after songs. Who wants to guess what's in a Think Twice! Now that sounds like fun! Haha 1 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:56 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:56 AM (edited) There's worst stuff going on here even during the day... just ask DIVO and the Greek husband... Oooh yeah I saw the little flirtin'. Divo called LukeD his husband. OMG!! Love connection on the Celine Dion forum. Who said a bunch of Celine Dion fans don't act crazy! Edited September 7, 2013 at 05:58 AM by Prima_Donna1 1 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
Si J'etais Quelqu'un Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:57 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:57 AM I love that this is taking a physical form now.... LOL. Awesome! Don't forget the will.i.am version of Eyes On Me, I'm Alive, etc. etc. And we can have drinks named after songs. Who wants to guess what's in a Think Twice! And every night at midnight they play a remix for My Heart Will Go On as water cascades on everyone as they sob on the dance floor. 2 Quote http://oi39.tinypic.com/dzjgva.jpg
LooneyLindz Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:58 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:58 AM Something so loaded up with booze that you'd have to think twice before drinking it Or something with no booze that makes you think twice about that person you were gonna go home with...! Okay, I'll stop. See, this is why we need After Dark section! I need a corner to go into when I come here! (Just kidding... I'm really not that bad. Just very sarcastic.) 1 Quote
Cuquito Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:58 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:58 AM She did it great! You guys got us to the studio version after listening to it like a billion times, that's why you found that she wasn't that perfect, but it was life and awesome and not nasal at all. 1 Quote
ashtonelijah Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:59 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 05:59 AM I want a "My Heart Will Go On Because Your Liver Sure Won't" on that menu. An "All By Myself" because my friends couldn't handle my drunk a**, and a "I Won't Drive All Night." 3 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
littleames Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:00 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:00 AM I want a "My Heart Will Go On Because Your Liver Sure Won't" on that menu. An "All By Myself" because my friends couldn't handle my drunk a**, and a "I Won't Drive All Night." This needs to happen! I want this for my birthday party! Quote
Koolan Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:01 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:01 AM It's not that bad after listening to it a few times in hd. Thanks for the entertainment, everyone. Gotta go to bed! 1 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
LooneyLindz Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:03 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:03 AM I want a "My Heart Will Go On Because Your Liver Sure Won't" on that menu. An "All By Myself" because my friends couldn't handle my drunk a**, and a "I Won't Drive All Night." Oh that's brilliant.... Here's a few more....I'm Alive... For NowCall The Man... to Drive Me HomeIt's All Coming Back to Me Tomorrow MorningThe Power of Vodka 2 Quote
superstar85ca Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:04 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 06:04 AM Flat notes like Celine had tonight only become a problem when you have them ALL the time, like Taylor, and STILL manage to sell millions of albums/downloads. Now THERE is a phenomenon I truly do not understand. Just goes to show that music fans aren't looking for PERFECTION like they may have used to. For an artist who isn't looking for perfection but can actually sing, look at Adele. Her vocals are gritty, sometimes flat... not often, but it happens. For the record, I LOVED the interview. She was so great and really meshed well with Jimmy. The performance was a little rocky, but again, I actually LIKE to hear the imperfections. Like others have said, it makes it more human and less robotic. Everyone would've been up in arms if she lipped. She didn't. And she's only sung the song a few times. Time to give the girl a little wiggle room. I couldn't agree more! 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.