Your_Su_Phu Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:03 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:03 AM (edited) THIS IS IMPORTANT! she couldn't have taken her earpiece out because she didn't have her band but she was definitely having trouble with tonality. But her intonation was still impressive. However, I have to admit that I was ashamed by this performance. I am not as ashamed as I was after Whitney's GMA performance in 2009, not nearly, but the shame I feel is of the same type. I am ashamed because my Diva has a problem. My diva, Celine Dion, has a problem where she sings way too many shows in Las Vegas and it ruins her voice and then when it comes time to actually make her comeback she has barely 10% of the vocal stamina that she had when she began "Celine ..." She is trying to do everything at the same time and it is just not possible for her anymore. If she wants to truly promote her albums and singles, she has to give up singing in Las Vegas, something she does primarily for the money, and focus again on preserving her voice so she can give it to us, the fans, through her albums and public performances. She is giving everything to Las Vegas now, and has nothing left for the album. It is sad. I am also very high right now. She's only doing 70 shows compared to 200....If this was an ongoing pattern you'd have a point, but it's ONE performance.Once again people are being far too hasty Edited September 7, 2013 at 07:04 AM by Your_Su_Phu 2 Quote
littleames Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:03 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:03 AM Morning guys!!Wow so many pages to catch up on!First thing!! How amazing did she look!!!And those shoes!!!!!! OMG I need to own them!!Loved the interview!! Very funny and pretty much all new.He even asked about the house in Florida.The performance was great too, it was not as amazing as Quebec but it was still good not perfect , but I take that over lip sync any day!!I also think maybe she was a little nervous or something went wrong at the start.Over all I'm impressed , bring on next week with Ellen etc!!The first thing I saw was the shoes. I went into major girly mode!I just re watched it and it's funny listening to the people in the audience. Like when she said Michael Jackson, a woman was like "OHH Ohh" and when she said the prince thing another woman went "PRINCE!" 1 Quote
neilpharmd Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:06 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:06 AM GUYS!!! Where can I watch the interview online?! I only found the performance... I neeeeeeeed to see it. No worries . . . here it is!http://vimeo.com/73992018 Quote
mike_z Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:07 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:07 AM BTW I don't think this performance was bad at all! Her voice sounded powerful and very similar to the album version, except for the "say's" but again, it's a really much harder song to sing than LMBTL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8i7MabPCpg Quote
quaizee Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:07 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:07 AM (edited) Support is the wrong word. I support Celine 100%, but I can be honest when expressing my opinion. Well, no offense but I didn't notice about your opinion on her performance...On the post I did, I'm not arguing what he thinks of her performance, but saying no fans because of the awful performance??? That is so radical ... For me "support" is believe in Céline as an artist even when she does not do a "great job", I think that doesn't mean "the song won't get more fans" because of that. It wasn't so catastrophic after all .. Support is to trust, being optimistic... But yeah, maybe we don't share the same opinion Edited September 7, 2013 at 07:10 AM by quaizee 2 Quote
manolo19 Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:07 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:07 AM THIS IS IMPORTANT! she couldn't have taken her earpiece out because she didn't have her band but she was definitely having trouble with tonality. But her intonation was still impressive. However, I have to admit that I was ashamed by this performance. I am not as ashamed as I was after Whitney's GMA performance in 2009, not nearly, but the shame I feel is of the same type. I am ashamed because my Diva has a problem. My diva, Celine Dion, has a problem where she sings way too many shows in Las Vegas and it ruins her voice and then when it comes time to actually make her comeback she has barely 10% of the vocal stamina that she had when she began "Celine ..." She is trying to do everything at the same time and it is just not possible for her anymore. If she wants to truly promote her albums and singles, she has to give up singing in Las Vegas, something she does primarily for the money, and focus again on preserving her voice so she can give it to us, the fans, through her albums and public performances. She is giving everything to Las Vegas now, and has nothing left for the album. It is sad. I am also very high right now. Are you kidding me, lol in Quebec she was truly amazing live... wish we had the hd blu ray now to show you what i saw and heard that night.. trust me.. Celine doesn't give it all to Vegas like back then with Fowl owl dose times... 2 Quote
shortswamp Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:09 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:09 AM (edited) It sounds better when you watch the vimeo's version. Loved it. Not easy song to sing. Edited September 7, 2013 at 07:10 AM by shortswamp Quote
celine_rox Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:11 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:11 AM The interview was soooo funny! Especially the Prince part LOL! Quote
littleames Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:13 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:13 AM The interview was soooo funny! Especially the Prince part LOL!That was my favorite part! Quote
divaslive98 Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:15 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:15 AM make sure you watch it in hd theres a huge difference to the low quality! i dont think theres much wrong with her performance you all been smoking crack or what? ha! also in the interview - did anyone else catch a glimpse of the back of that vinyl edition? it contained another image from the same photoshoot so im guessing the album will contain images from that shoot The performance was actually quite good in many ways. It was just that she allowed herself to be interpreted as if she had lost or is in the process of losing her voice, because she really just did not have the chops for that song tonight. Her effort was admirable, but it sounded rather amateur to me at times, and I found that off-putting. She sounds like someone who doesn't have much respect for her instrument anymore, and I hate it! At the same time, the interview was probably the funniest she has ever given ... If only we could have it all ... Quote
Miha Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:17 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:17 AM (edited) Any news already? Sorry, dumb me...I didn't refresh the site from yesterday Edited September 7, 2013 at 07:20 AM by Miha Quote
Xpresso Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:19 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:19 AM (edited) I watched her performance again and it seems better to me this time. I don't know why... I guess I was just suffering with her when I watched her the first time. She seems nervous/uncomfortable and has some problem with the earpiece. But overall, it's good promo!! Edited September 7, 2013 at 07:20 AM by Xpresso 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:19 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:19 AM She looked great and the interview was fresh, but.... The performance was terrible to watch and listen to.As I said before its quite a demanding song with many key changes and is quick in places, and shes just not ready to be performing it live yet after last night and the recent vegas perf. and for promo it has to be spot on its soo important. It was pitchy, she seemed lost again, stiff and she did not look like she enjoyed herself and it showed on her face... I hope in future promo she lips until she has it. 1 Quote
divaslive98 Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:20 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:20 AM She's only doing 70 shows compared to 200....If this was an ongoing pattern you'd have a point, but it's ONE performance.Once again people are being far too hasty It doesn't matter she still shouldn't be doing so many. She should be singing rarely so as to maximize the impact of her performances and to always give her best. She is getting older now and she risks diluting herself by continuing to use her instrument in the way she used it decades ago. What I'm saying is that if she still wants to be Celine Dion, she has to radically re-evaluate how she is using her voice. She can't keep going at this speed, she has gradually been losing the voice she had at the beginning of this Vegas run, and that was in many ways the best it had ever been. She does it for the money, and cheats us of her talent in the process. But she still succeeds in seducing us. Quote
Xpresso Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:24 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:24 AM No need for so much drama... ok, she wasn't at her best... but who doesn't have bad days once in a while? 6 Quote
divaslive98 Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:26 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:26 AM She looked great and the interview was fresh, but.... The performance was terrible to watch and listen to.As I said before its quite a demanding song with many key changes and is quick in places, and shes just not ready to be performing it live yet after last night and the recent vegas perf. and for promo it has to be spot on its soo important. It was pitchy, she seemed lost again, stiff and she did not look like she enjoyed herself and it showed on her face... I hope in future promo she lips until she has it. Yeah, it was painfully bad. I watched out of fascination more than pleasure. It simply wasn't good; it was actually terrible. Just terrible. She utterly ruined the high note, first of all. It's supposed to be a primal yell but she made it seem like a note that was out of her range that she didn't want to even try to hit so she's gonna try to do it in falsetto instead and pretend like it's intentional ... that's something AMATEURS do, and it's also something B-SIDE DIVAS do, so she should NEVER do it. When you know you can't hit the high note, you lip-synch, because you are a diva goddess who is omniscient and completely aware of her capacities. She went into that song uncertain of her chops and she ended up coming across as out of her range, out of her league. She looked strained, in pain, anxious, unhappy, and sad; it almost looked as if she was close to tears. She looked humiliated and let down. She looked like she had gained nothing since 2007. This should never have happened. Quote
Popular Post manolo19 Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:28 AM Popular Post Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:28 AM Seriously, I have a problem , I was all hyped watching her with my boyfriend, thought she nailed it and came to this forum and on facebook to find out everyone hated it and the comments on facebook were all negatives towards her age, look, voice , face... now I know what to do next for Ellen , just watch it by myself, make my own opinion and avoid read what everyone has to say against Celine. Good Night. 8 Quote
ghazal Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:37 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:37 AM it wasnt that amazing... but i liked it and enjoyed it...! Quote
celine_rox Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:38 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:38 AM It sounded so much different watching it on tv than from the video posted earlier. After watching it again, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Quote
Frozen_Phoenix Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:44 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:44 AM Hmmm, very interesting performance and very interesting reactions. Some of you know me and you know I am not one of those "everything Celine does is great" sayers. But I can really not believe how some of you react on the performance and say "she lost her voice", "she can't sing anymore", "Vegas killed her voice". Reading such things is ridiculous especially only weeks after her fantastic Quebec performance. How can you write such things having heard her sing there? She is a human, she has good and bad days and yesterday was not even a very bad day. Yes she struggled a few times, yes it was not her best performance but I loved the bridge and the cool notes at the end of the bridge. She sang live and I love that above everything. We should be more concerned that if she felt uncomfortable singing the song, that we'll probably not see her sing the song live again. What is rather concerning is that she indeed didn't look very comfortable or healthy. 7 Quote Et la vie glisse sur l'eau du tempsLa vie resiste, prend son elanPour un baiser elle peut se poserLe temps qui compte est toujours compte http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/ARMOIT/celinechances-1.png
stevo Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:46 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:46 AM When celine isn't comfortable, she doesn't move. And that's why for me it wasn't great. Because when she's confident, she owns it and its her gestures and movements that make it a really good performance. Like X factor in 2007 she only moved when she knew the song was nearly over. This needs major rehearsal to give her more confidence. Her voice was ok and I think she looked great and was perfect celine in the interview. But she was scared shitless 3 Quote
brujocrow Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:46 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:46 AM she likes gravy. Quote Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world, than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled. Neil Ellwood Peart
Peppercorn1991 Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:46 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:46 AM Sounded awesome to me! What you guys on about... Yes it's wasn't perfect but I think it was still great promotion! Chow off to work .... Kev x 2 Quote
boyblackuk Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:56 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 07:56 AM I'm VERY critical of her performances, and have watched her for 20 years live in concert and on every bloody tv performance, don't know if some of you are obsessed with her being perfect in live performances or expect a level that is near perfection. Yes, I was in Quebec and it was unreal,but she warmed up all night. I watched Jimmy Kimmel and she seemed very comfortable to me....I think the obsession some have with 'perfecting' the song takes away from what it was--in my opinion a very solid performance--- I absolutely agree agree agree, props to her for singing it live, secondly it was raw and pretty decent and it was REAL it gave me goodbumps I loved it. 1 Quote
duri Posted September 7, 2013 at 08:00 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 08:00 AM Not her best, but it was quite good performance, I like it! I´m sure we will hear playback version many times in future /during promo in Europe .../ so I´m happy it was live. Quote http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
manolo19 Posted September 7, 2013 at 08:07 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 08:07 AM Celine is the only one that can really rely on her voice... turn on your radio.. all you will hear is Perry, Gaga, Avici,, we are too hard on her ... as if the real problem would be to have the perfect voice always... people dont care about that..they don't care about her.. Imagine how hard it is for me to realize everyday how Celine's popularity is fading because of today's music industry. and I am in MONTREAL.. it is supposed to be the best place on earth to support her. Quote
drove all night Posted September 7, 2013 at 08:14 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 08:14 AM So good to hear and see her again. Although I hoped for a new look ... but on the other hand, why should she! No need for her to do that. And this is to her technicians: Please give her a FINALLY a really working earpiece!!! I want to stop counting the times, she puts that crap out of her ear, which she's using now!!! 1 Quote
destin139 Posted September 7, 2013 at 08:51 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 08:51 AM I didn't think the performance was anything like as bad as some people are making out. Ok, so she didn't nail ever single note but she still sounded pretty darn good! And she sang live, and she gave a great interview 1 Quote http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
Wita19 Posted September 7, 2013 at 08:52 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 08:52 AM Have somebody noticed that she raised the record up at 2.14? So funny! It's like "Hello, we're here for this! It's my brand new out of this wolrd album and it's called Loved me Back To Life!" That's right Celine! Keep it up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdxnoBAwLis 4 Quote The Best Is Yet To Come...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.