Peppercorn1991 Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:37 PM Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:37 PM One thing is for sure, we will all hear it later on CelineDion.com for deffinate, thats if its not on youtube sooner kev x Quote
~Christian~ Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:39 PM Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:39 PM I listened to it. Forget about it. There is not even an inch of soul in this song. No emotion, no tenderness, no nothing. Considering the subject, one could have thought that Celine would be touched by the words she's singing. She's not. Because they're not touching.The song is very mediocre. I am pretty mad at Celine, because she worths so much more than this! And Adhémar deserved something waaayyyy better than that song as a tribute. Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:47 PM Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:47 PM I listened to it. Forget about it. There is not even an inch of soul in this song. No emotion, no tenderness, no nothing. Considering the subject, one could have thought that Celine would be touched by the words she's singing. She's not. Because they're not touching.The song is very mediocre. I am pretty mad at Celine, because she worths so much more than this! And Adhémar deserved something waaayyyy better than that song as a tribute. Are you listening to the same song?? I know ur french and understand what she sings so maybe thats why u think this, but to me i love it each to their own kev x Quote
celinesounds Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM Amazon UK says 2nd July, not 8th July. Quote #FREEJAVITO
wjd Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:49 PM Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:49 PM Yeah, and below it says 2nd July as the Original Release Date, which implies that either the song has been pushed back, or it will be added later. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
sailornic Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM I understand french and this song is great;This is a song for us not for her father, I believe she give her father long ago a personal tribute. Quote
~Christian~ Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM Yes, we're listening to the same song. I'm trying to put it on youtube for you guys to hear it, but it doesn't work. The process is each time incompleted. Quote
sacredceline Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM Posted July 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM I'm french too and i really think this song is lame. There is no soul, no heart in that song. Lyrics are so poor ... I feel sorry because i love Celine but i have to admit this song is not a good one for start a new album. Quote
celine-rc Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:02 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:02 AM I'm listening to the 1:30 that we have and I LOVE IT !!!! It's great !!!! Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
CelineTheBest5 Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:06 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:06 AM Its already on youtube! Quote https://www.facebook...linedionbrazil/
ashtonelijah Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM Its already on youtube! Uh... link??? Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM Its already on youtube! hmmm Where? lol kev x Quote
cdeas Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM I've heard only 1:30 of this songI liked it But... It's not going to be a number 1 HIT... And there is still no information about the Single-CD and VideoSo it's going to be her next "flop" But hey, guys from FRANCE...All of you have to support Celine and buy that track!!! Quote
EternalSunshine Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NFsTjkroJY...feature=g-all-f Full song! I love Celine! But this is nothing special .... Quote http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/LittleMissAustria/sigklein06.jpg
ashtonelijah Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM (edited) Found it! FULL VERSION! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NFsTjkroJY Edit: It's okay. Edited July 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM by ashtonelijah Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
ashtonelijah Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM Full version of Parle à mon père! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NFsTjkroJY Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
celine_1983 Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM It's there, just search for Céline Dion - Parler à mon père (full version) Amazing! Lovin it! Quote
Ncarbia Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM Here's the full version!!!Here's the full version! Quote
~Christian~ Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM I've heard only 1:30 of this songI liked it But... It's not going to be a number 1 HIT... And there is still no information about the Single-CD and VideoSo it's going to be her next "flop" But hey, guys from FRANCE...All of you have to support Celine and buy that track!!! Are you kidding? I am definitely NOT buying that stuff! No way! lol Celine is a Masterpiece. She worths so much more than this poor, mediocre track. Quote
CelineTheBest5 Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM Very beautifil song, beautiful lyric, great rhythm! Love it! Quote https://www.facebook...linedionbrazil/
celine-rc Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM Here's the full version!!!Here's the full version! dfldjkaslfd THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!! I LOVE IT !!!!!!!! Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
fred Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM (edited) It is so nice to hear something new from her. The track is mediocre, yes. I like the intro, but it all falls quite flat after that. The song isn't a particularly good one, but it could all be saved and be brought up a notch if it were supported by better production and arrangements. The soundcarpet is like I said before, not at all good, very B. The only parts I like (besides hearing her voice again) is like I said the intro and also the parts where she sings "parler à mon père" and the guitar that follows - after that the guitar arrangements are embarrassingly bland (not to mention the drums). It all sounds very old fashioned. And not in a good way (the way that is retro or timeless). But in a way that is outdated and can’'t be forgotten soon enough. This is an OK album filler, yet more should be done on it. And it is a bit of a shame that this is the track which is presenting this new album. /fred Edited July 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM by fred Quote Peace and love to all.
ashtonelijah Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM I would say I'm disappointed... but... I wasn't really expecting much of anything any more exciting than this, to be honest. Sigh. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
zuv Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM (edited) Her voice is still pure and flawless, but I hate when she use that pronunciation for certain words... I just hope the rest of the album was not recorded that way!!!! I'll buy the single, but just in support... its a bit disappointing after 6 years of waiting Edited July 2, 2012 at 12:37 AM by zuv Quote
ashtonelijah Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM Her voice is still pure and flawless, but I hate when she use that pronunciation for certain words... I just hope the rest of the album was not recorded that way!!!! I'll buy the single, but just in support... Is there any language where she bothers to correctly pronounce the words to the songs anymore? I used to think it was only English where she had given up on caring about pronunciation... lol Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:38 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:38 AM NEGATIVITY ALL THE SODDING TIME! Quote
Gwynne Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:38 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:38 AM I just did a quick translation for those interested -- if a French person spots any mistakes, feel free to correct me! I want to forget about timeFor a sigh, for a momentA quiet moment after the raceAnd go to where my heart pushes me I'd like to go back to my rootsWhere my life, where my place isAnd keep the gold from my pastIn the heat of my secret garden I'd like to swim the ocean, cut across the flight of a seagullThink about everything that I've seen, or soar towards the unknownI'd like to do the impossible, or maybe even save the worldBut above all, I'd like to talk to my dad I'd like to slow down so I can sitAnd find, deep in my memory,The voices of those who taught meThat no dream is off-limits I'd like to find the colours of paintings that I have in my heart,Of these settings with clean lines [i'm still not sure how to translate this line]Where I can see you, and reassure myself.I'd like to the impossible, or maybe even save the worldBut above all, I'd like to talk to my dad I want to leave with youI want to dream with youForever search for the unattainableAlways hope for the impossibleI'd like to the impossible, or maybe even save the worldBut above all, I'd like to talk to my dad Quote http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6292/celine.png
celine-rc Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM I adore the song, it's really great and I'm sure it's going to be a big hit (in Québec, at least). I do agree that the pronounciation is a bit strange but hey ! It could be much worse ! Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
ashtonelijah Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:43 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:43 AM NEGATIVITY ALL THE SODDING TIME! I'm usually one of the more positive people around here. But really, with this song, it is just "okay." I was kind of hoping, based on the vocals we've heard at Vegas since 2011, that Céline's tone would be a bit better than it was when she recorded TC and DE, more 2002ish. Hopefully the new albums will surprise me with some really great songs and some really good vocal efforts. I'm just not sure Celine is giving it her best with this studio recording. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
caitlynceline56 Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:50 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:50 AM I just did a quick translation for those interested -- if a French person spots any mistakes, feel free to correct me! The translation is beautiful. I know I'll never be able to understand the song the way a French speaker would, but going from this, I don't see how anyone could think these lyrics are soulless. But that's just me... Quote "The measure of love is to love without measure." "When there's music in your life, there's happiness." -Céline ♥
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.