celine-rc Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM I find it very touching. I mean, it's a girl who can do anything in the world, who has a bunch of dreams, that wants to accomplish many outstanding things but what she wants to do the most, is simply to talk to her father. I don't see what's emotionless in there. I find that she interprets it very well, it's quite simple, sort of vulnerable. Quote http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais. J't'adore Céline. Merci. <3
celine_rox Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:01 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:01 AM I like it, it's just her pitch when she sings the la lune, la terre part is kind of off. But I still like it Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:06 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:06 AM this is good as a filler track but not as a first single Quote
wjd Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:10 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:10 AM I bloody LOVE it! Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
volleyceline Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:10 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:10 AM Catchy Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
volleyceline Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:13 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:13 AM Full version of Parle à mon père! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NFsTjkroJYThank you so much! We'll see if there's any french ballads Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
infiniti Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:21 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:21 AM Great vocals, but it seems this has been recorded back in Delle's days and only released..sorry...with great lyrics!!! I believe this is supposed to be a tribute to her dad. I hope the rest of the album is more "Pour Que Tue M'aime Encore" Celine... more "effort in vocal area" like someone here in the forum said. I feel like everyone just wants that Celine high notes and "scream" from her heart Bring it on, Celine! Quote Celine ~
helios.apollon Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:22 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:22 AM well I have to say that I didnt go crazy with the song either... it's a simple song... vocally nothing amazing... but I'm not very worried anyway because at the end I think this song has to be seen more like a PROMO song than properly a single... the album comes out the 5th november... there's 4 months to go... I'm sure a proper single (i.e. a stronger single) will be released closer to the cd release... I suppose they chose this one for now just because of being related to celine and her father... I don't even think they will make a videoclip for it... we'll see... Quote Taking Chances Freakhttp://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/helio_polis/CpiadeDSCF4482.jpg
bertrand Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:28 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:28 AM I can understand almost all french words if I see them in writing. I have studied french and I speak Spanish, but I'm not fluent in french yet. But, I have heard many people complaining about the accent that candians speak french with because we learn French with a Parisian accent and the candian accent makes it hard to understand what is being said. Seriously, typical; response I expected from the USA. Pure excuse and lame. Definitely you have to be American to write this. Believe me that singing in French is THE SAME regardless the singer is French Canadian or from France. Quote
Matias Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:31 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:31 AM Complete song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnZfCTwv8RU Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
ashtonelijah Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:36 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:36 AM The translation is beautiful. I know I'll never be able to understand the song the way a French speaker would, but going from this, I don't see how anyone could think these lyrics are soulless. But that's just me... I think the lyrics are touching. I just don't think she delivers it as soulfully as I know she can. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
Your_Su_Phu Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:40 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:40 AM (edited) Seriously, typical; response I expected from the USA. Pure excuse and lame. Definitely you have to be American to write this. Believe me that singing in French is THE SAME regardless the singer is French Canadian or from France. Many of the criticisms come from French speakers in France and other French speaking territories. Fans and non-fans alike. Apparently her pronunciation was fine on 90's French records because JJG and others used to tell her to fix it, but in the past few French albums it's a common complaint that it's very weird/lazy/awkward Edited July 2, 2012 at 01:42 AM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
ashtonelijah Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:49 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 01:49 AM Many of the criticisms come from French speakers in France and other French speaking territories. Fans and non-fans alike. Apparently her pronunciation was fine on 90's French records because JJG and others used to tell her to fix it, but in the past few French albums it's a common complaint that it's very weird/lazy/awkward The same is totally true of her pronunciation of English songs, too. In the 90s, they made her fix her pronunciation. Now, it seems that most of the producers she gets are too frightened by her legend status and star power to bother to correct her on anything. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
Edwin Posted July 2, 2012 at 02:25 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 02:25 AM I love the new single! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnZfCTwv8RU Quote
LeChauffeur100 Posted July 2, 2012 at 02:30 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 02:30 AM I love this song! It has a 1 Fille & 4 Types nostalgic feeling. Quote EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN - album & film by ionnalee; out NOW at ionnalee.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF-8uJUpL5A
artistman2007 Posted July 2, 2012 at 03:04 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 03:04 AM Well it a new feeling for me after listening to a new song find no words dont know how i feel exactly cant understand like something is missing im a little bit confused is that even new the sound of that guitar before she say parle a mon pere sounds exactly the same like des milliers de baisers or another song from the same album cant remember cause its been too long since i listened to that album. But anyway im happy shes back with a new album hope for a new videoclipe Quote
Mrs.Goldman Posted July 2, 2012 at 04:08 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 04:08 AM meh... good lyrics but the melody isn't going anywhere... that kinda ruins it for me :/ Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/CallingYou/shadowoflovesig-1.jpg
québecflower Posted July 2, 2012 at 04:20 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 04:20 AM I listened to it. Forget about it. There is not even an inch of soul in this song. No emotion, no tenderness, no nothing. Considering the subject, one could have thought that Celine would be touched by the words she's singing. She's not. Because they're not touching.The song is very mediocre. I am pretty mad at Celine, because she worths so much more than this! And Adhémar deserved something waaayyyy better than that song as a tribute. i'm very happy with the song, emotion doesn,t mean you have to cry all over the place and expose yourself intimately for all to see, It can be subjective. Celine is an open book but within reason . And she is from Quebec, not from france, people from Quebec are more reserved with their deep feelings that what others generally think. I'm sure Adhemar is very happy with the song. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
québecflower Posted July 2, 2012 at 04:26 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 04:26 AM I find it very touching. I mean, it's a girl who can do anything in the world, who has a bunch of dreams, that wants to accomplish many outstanding things but what she wants to do the most, is simply to talk to her father. I don't see what's emotionless in there. I find that she interprets it very well, it's quite simple, sort of vulnerable. it is kind of hard to explain the french canadian soul Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
québecflower Posted July 2, 2012 at 04:29 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 04:29 AM (edited) Great vocals, but it seems this has been recorded back in Delle's days and only released..sorry...with great lyrics!!! I believe this is supposed to be a tribute to her dad. I hope the rest of the album is more "Pour Que Tue M'aime Encore" Celine... more "effort in vocal area" like someone here in the forum said. I feel like everyone just wants that Celine high notes and "scream" from her heart Bring it on, Celine! she must be so tired of criyng, let her rest a bit.... Edited July 2, 2012 at 04:29 AM by québecflower Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Matias Posted July 2, 2012 at 05:21 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 05:21 AM meh...good lyrics but the melody isn't going anywhere... that kinda ruins it for me :/ I know what you are saying! I know right? the tempo is ALWAYS the same, towards the ends there is a little bit of a "upbeat" choir, but same tone and voice key all over the song...If the song is about Adhemar...well, it needs more feeling, I thought it would be more "emotional" like a Vole meets Goodbye's the saddest word...instead we get a B-side type song as a first single, SHAME on Sony...Where are the Pour que tu m'aimes encore or S'il suffisait d'aimer days??? Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
zuv Posted July 2, 2012 at 05:22 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 05:22 AM (edited) Available on iTunes Canada btw, great promo..... NOT lol Edited July 2, 2012 at 05:30 AM by zuv Quote
Bell Posted July 2, 2012 at 05:23 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 05:23 AM good lyrics but the melody isn't going anywhere...Exactly. However, it is a very touching song. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Angel2006 Posted July 2, 2012 at 05:44 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 05:44 AM I guess it's nice to have a simple Celine song for once, but i would have loved the song that much more if it picked up power near the end and had some nice high notes thrown in there. I still love this song though and it's nice that she is paying tribute to her dad. I wonder if Celine will do a music video for this song. I can't wait to see what's to come!! Quote
one_heart_1_hart Posted July 2, 2012 at 06:20 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 06:20 AM From the moment we know it was a veneruso song we know what we kind of song/melody we could have..No problem for me i kind of like it...Ok it's def not a PQTME but it has charm Quote TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras
dj4celine Posted July 2, 2012 at 07:02 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 07:02 AM Oh God, this seriously is the FIRST single?! :doh: I hope the album has better tracks than this Quote
Teodora Posted July 2, 2012 at 07:08 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 07:08 AM I have to listen to it more, but for now I think that it's a very nice song, maybe not strong enough for a first single though. The lyrics I find very good, and I guess they do touch the hearts of people that have a great relationship with their dad or have lost their dad. I'm in neither situation so the sentimentalism is lost on me with this one, but it's still a nice song. It does have potential to be a catchy tune, anybody could sing along. Quote
browseceline Posted July 2, 2012 at 07:33 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 07:33 AM I guess it's nice to have a simple Celine song for once, but i would have loved the song that much more if it picked up power near the end and had some nice high notes thrown in there. I still love this song though and it's nice that she is paying tribute to her dad. I wonder if Celine will do a music video for this song. I can't wait to see what's to come!! someone made a nice videoclip Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted July 2, 2012 at 07:36 AM Posted July 2, 2012 at 07:36 AM Exactly. However, it is a very touching song. and not only that, I am really very very sure that I have heard this same melody before, not in a Celine song, but from someone else. Because if you hear the first phrase you can easily predict where the melody is going.With lyrics like this a ballad would have been a better choice to express the emotion in these lyrics. Now it is a songabout missing her father, packed in a summersong melody. And there are no vocal surprises in the song, it is repeating and repeating.I am sure there are more tracks on the album that really surprise us. Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.