celine4evauk Posted September 17, 2011 at 07:34 PM Posted September 17, 2011 at 07:34 PM WOW, people are complaining already....how surprising That's exactly what i was thinking. I don't think Celine could ever please everyone on here. I personally hope she does record Open Arms and Ne Me Quitte Pas. I've hardly seen/listened to the vegas show. Not because i don't want to, but i want to wait for official footage. OA is sung Journeys way. I think Celine would be slaughtered for trying to sing it the way Mariah did. NMQP is one of the greatest french songs, and there's no reason why it can't be put on an english album. Michael Ball recorded it in the 90's on an english album - it was the first time i heard the song. Heard Alison Moyet sing it in concert last year as her first encore. Some people's comments on here really depress me. Everyone's got an opinion but sometimes i feel a bit
Jeff Abbott Posted September 17, 2011 at 07:35 PM Posted September 17, 2011 at 07:35 PM No we have to stop them from doing all these mistakes s some fan has to tell her right in her face don't do that Vegas album we fans don't want it it's for her sake I agree with you 100%. If only they could hear us and treat our opinions and wishes seriously.
celine4evauk Posted September 17, 2011 at 07:37 PM Posted September 17, 2011 at 07:37 PM No we have to stop them from doing all these mistakes s some fan has to tell her right in her face don't do that Vegas album we fans don't want it it's for her sake Maybe there's some of us who don't think they're mistakes. And i think it would be a bigger mistake if some "fan" went up to her telling her they don't want her to record something, that its a mistake, and that fans don't want it. You definitely wouldn't be speaking on my behalf, my friend.
Jeff Abbott Posted September 17, 2011 at 09:24 PM Posted September 17, 2011 at 09:24 PM Maybe there's some of us who don't think they're mistakes. And i think it would be a bigger mistake if some "fan" went up to her telling her they don't want her to record something, that its a mistake, and that fans don't want it. You definitely wouldn't be speaking on my behalf, my friend. None of us fans would ever want to hurt or upset Celine. We obviously love her too much to do it. She's got three kids to look after so let's just leave her alone for a while. Let her rest her voice and prepare for the recording sessions. However, it would be best if Rene or someone else from her management was contacted (if only there was a way to do it directly) and informed VERY VERY politely about our concerns, suggestions or opinions expressed by the members of this forum on the subject of new releases by Celine. Rene is the man behind these future projects and he is pulling the strings. Celine leaves most of the decisions to him, I guess. I think that most of us want to listen to some new repertoire rather than old covers, though there are people who love them too and that's OK. Do you think Rene would even want to talk to some Celine's fans and consider their opinions while making decisions?
Alex_Incognito Posted September 17, 2011 at 09:34 PM Posted September 17, 2011 at 09:34 PM (edited) The children have NOTHING to do with recording an album. Barbra Streisand can record an album in 3 days (ie: her latest one) and PRODUCE the album. Celine just goes in and records. She could do it in 3 days and have plenty of time to breastfeed between tracks.What are we going to blame it on when the kids are grown up? Hemorrhoids? Edited September 17, 2011 at 09:35 PM by Alex_Incognito "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Jeff Abbott Posted September 17, 2011 at 09:39 PM Posted September 17, 2011 at 09:39 PM (edited) The children have NOTHING to do with recording an album. Barbra Streisand can record an album in 3 days (ie: her latest one) and PRODUCE the album. Celine just goes in and records. She could do it in 3 days and have plenty of time to breastfeed between tracks.What are we going to blame it on when the kids are grown up? Hemorrhoids? Possibly Celine's grandchildren. She might as well babysit them too. Edited September 17, 2011 at 09:41 PM by Jeff Abbott
Mr. Ziggy Posted September 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM Posted September 17, 2011 at 10:23 PM Why do you people can't stop comparing Celine to Barbra Streisand? Celine & Barbra are unique persons, no one needs to 'copy' each other's life and/or recording sessions. Damn, I guess I've seen at least 10 Barbra Streisand related posts just on these album threads.
Alex_Incognito Posted September 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM Posted September 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM (edited) Don't you listen? It's to illustrate a point that Celine's wasting her talent. That's the common theme, Watson. Edited September 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM by Alex_Incognito "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
artistman2007 Posted September 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM Posted September 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM People who are saying oh leave her alone it's ok Id love a Vegas album and what ever stupid things she does they say oh shes a mom now and she has no intrest in doing new projects and giving excuses and just believe that they love her more than people who complain well u are wrong. Cause we are not complaining for the fun of it we don't want to complain but shes already doing a show and will make an album so we are dealing with her as every other artist in the buissenes and we want success for her more than any other artist we love her and her private life is hers
manu23 Posted September 18, 2011 at 01:08 AM Posted September 18, 2011 at 01:08 AM Are they still in New York? Is there some way to hand a letter to Rene explaining all this? No more covers please! She can do a perfect "classic" album to fit in the new show but she doesn't need covers. Right now music industry is more into ballads again she could have a big hir, but no a cover! By the way, Madonna is also launching new album the same time. Any New York fan could try?
mkh3482 Posted September 18, 2011 at 01:27 AM Posted September 18, 2011 at 01:27 AM Are they still in New York? Is there some way to hand a letter to Rene explaining all this? No more covers please! She can do a perfect "classic" album to fit in the new show but she doesn't need covers. Right now music industry is more into ballads again she could have a big hir, but no a cover! By the way, Madonna is also launching new album the same time. Any New York fan could try? They left yesterday afternoon
dj_a_rock Posted September 18, 2011 at 02:18 AM Posted September 18, 2011 at 02:18 AM How I wish we'll get something this year.
Raevaz Posted September 18, 2011 at 06:16 AM Posted September 18, 2011 at 06:16 AM (edited) As long as the entire album isn't covers (which it clearly won't be if you read the article closely), I don't give a hoot about what's on the new album, all I need IS the new album! I swear I haven't been listening to Celine in a while because I played the heck out of all the english albums. Sigh, I'm listening to Think Twice and it's bringing back memories OF the days when I would listen to her all the time a.k.a last Fall and this Spring. Usually, listening to Celine didn't bring back a lot of memories since I listened to her most of the days out of the week, but now they're bringing back a bunch of memories, and that usually only happens when I haven't listened to an artist often in a long time, like when I listen to Barry Manilow it always reminds me of 4th grade when I would listen to his songs all the time. All I need is something NEW! Edited September 18, 2011 at 06:19 AM by Raevaz
Ronny83 Posted September 18, 2011 at 08:53 AM Posted September 18, 2011 at 08:53 AM I'm such a idiot!!! I bought it today and I was really pissed off because I couldn't find it just to come and find it I bought it for absolutly nothing!!!! Idiot that I am!It's clearly written in the blog post that it will be on the Montreal Gaztte newspaper only on Oct. 1st The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
jeje03100 Posted September 18, 2011 at 09:18 AM Posted September 18, 2011 at 09:18 AM I do not understand why you are not happy because after the article there will be only 3 songs in Vegas so 13 new titles
Bell Posted September 18, 2011 at 09:35 AM Posted September 18, 2011 at 09:35 AM The promo is starting... :clap:Finally! 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
EA26 Posted September 18, 2011 at 09:51 AM Posted September 18, 2011 at 09:51 AM I love Celine's version of Ne Me Quitte Pas and i really want it in her next studio album! But i hope that the new album won't be full of covers or renditions. We need new songs Celine!!! http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7838/77366955855788084075916.jpg
Jeff Abbott Posted September 18, 2011 at 10:12 AM Posted September 18, 2011 at 10:12 AM "Ne me quitte pas" would be the icing on the cake if it is released on the French album. I cannot wait to hear it. This song would complement the whole French album quite nicely. To tell the truth, the only cover I wanna hear from Celine on her next albums is NMQP.
browseceline Posted September 18, 2011 at 10:18 AM Posted September 18, 2011 at 10:18 AM I do not understand why you are not happy because after the article there will be only 3 songs in Vegas so 13 new titles .. will contain SEVERAL songs .. Rene said- I don't think only 3.. but you are right I get the point, maybe we want too much. But for example Madonna, she still reinvents herself every time and she brings new stuff to the table. And when she does most of the songs of those albums are in her tours. Not saying Madonna is the best singer, no way, not comparing her with Celine at all, but saying Madonna does not stick to her old songs because her audience wants her too, and if she does she makes sure the songs are updated in a fresh new style. Like in Celine's tour I'm Alive remix, that was fresh and nice! <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
celinemaniacaik Posted September 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM Finally! Stop complainig people! http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
Kyle_Jared Posted September 18, 2011 at 01:10 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 01:10 PM STOP BITCHING and saying you need to bring a letter to rene for the fans because it clearly does not represent everybody's feelings! I have been a Celine fan since I was kid and am thrilled about this new album; covers or all. And I'm not one that goes for everything she does either!!! I didn't enjoy th Miracle project but refrained from a bitchfest like some are going on with here And furthermore I'd rather her stop singing ALLTOGEHER than ever present herself in the light that the TRASH Madonna is!
Shaun Posted September 18, 2011 at 01:35 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 01:35 PM Am I the only one that loves "Open Arms"? LOL Nope I think Celine's version is great too. Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
ennostiel Posted September 18, 2011 at 01:39 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 01:39 PM I am also tired of complaining. And hey, it's really hard to say there's ANTYHING "the fans" want of don't want. We're a huge bunhc of different people, dofferent personalities. We all love Celine and we have other things in common, but our wishes and specific music tastes differ. I adore almost anything she records, and I would love her to record a 'real' rock album, as well as a jazz one, a soul one... because I do listen to many different artists. Yes. I want to hear new songs. In English and in French. But I adore her singing some of the songs she does in Vegas and I would love at least 1-2 of them to be recorded in studio versions, I don't like listening to the bootlegs so much. My first choices would be - of course - NMQP, and in English - Open Arms and Goldfinger or At 17. I can't wait for her new albums to be released, and I am always disappointed with complaining. I think the only thing we ALL want is for her to be successful and to reach the top again, internationally. Is anything else really that important? Ce n'est qu'en te croisantQue j'ai su, j'ai compris... ElleEst mon idealLa plus grande etoileEt je veux ressemblerA son portrait fidele...Celine pour toujours. <3
Your_Su_Phu Posted September 18, 2011 at 02:08 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 02:08 PM (edited) *lmao*this forum is still filled with delusional ppl hoping for her great pop comeback Edited September 18, 2011 at 02:09 PM by Your_Su_Phu
Claudette Posted September 18, 2011 at 03:20 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 03:20 PM Oh Celine, how great you are, I bow down before your feet. You are absolutely amazing in every way. I cannot wait to buy your new album. I will play it from morning till night. :wub: Is this reply suitable for some of you? Apparantly these are the only types of posts that are allowed here. I won't be susrprised if the complainers about the complainers are the first people to trash Celine's album to pieces when it comes out. http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Alex_Incognito Posted September 18, 2011 at 03:36 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 03:36 PM (edited) Amen, Claudette. Everyone has the right to say what they want, and they have the right to be disappointed by Celine's career path. I love Celine, but this current path really confuses me. I'm not just going to sit and say "Whatever she does will be great." We were supposed to get this album in March. Nobody would be complaining if it were out by now, but when they change things and change them back people get frustrated. If indeed so many people are negative about this particular subject: CELINE'S RECORDING CAREER...there surely must be a reason. Celine's music is like good sex. In this particular case, Celine's been teasing and tempting us for 4 years and then falling asleep as soon as we get to her. Edited September 18, 2011 at 03:38 PM by Alex_Incognito "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Solan Posted September 18, 2011 at 03:47 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 03:47 PM Unfortunately for Celine, I don't think she's the one who is afraid of change but the major part of her "buying" fanbase. They want Celine to stay as she is and to release material that sounds exactly like in the 90s. One thing Rene said once stuck with me and I realized just how trapped Celine must feel; they were talking about her short blond hairstyle and how Celine LOVED it as it was different, fresh and she felt like she was brand new again. But then Rene mentioned how the fans reacted badly to it and that the fans were not "ready" for change. They want Celine to look a certain way so Celine reverted back to her long brown hair. Don't get me wrong, I'm of the opinion that the short blond hair was awful. I do like Celine with short hair (like in 1995 for her album "D'Eux") but the platinum blond didn't suit her and it was way too short. But the point is... Celine ended up doing what most of her fans wanted. And I know it seems like the majority of people on this forum are all for change but I don't think that its the general case of her whole audience. Those who buy her albums and stuff want PG songs and classical arrangements in the music. As Celine would say, "that's the way it is".
Shaun Posted September 18, 2011 at 04:00 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 04:00 PM Unfortunately for Celine, I don't think she's the one who is afraid of change but the major part of her "buying" fanbase. They want Celine to stay as she is and to release material that sounds exactly like in the 90s. I personally wouldn't have a problem with them releasing an album full of 90's sounding songs - providing they were original songs. This absolute obsession with covers is ridiculous. Is it any coincidence that Celine's albums since "A New Day Has Come" have sold less and less? It's from that time she went to Vegas and she started promoting all her new albums with cover songs. I Drove All Night to promote One Heart. Beautiful Boy to promote Miracle. Taking Chances and Alone to promote Taking Chances. Add to that the constant obsession with wheeling out Because You Loved Me when she appears on TV and it's no wonder people have lost interest in Celine. They think she doesn't have any new songs! No-one would be against the occasional cover song when it's a special occasion - Smile at the Oscars, At Seventeen at the Grammy's - but why the urgency to include every single cover song she ever performs onto her next English album? It's a farce. This has been going on almost 10 years now! It just cannot go on surely! Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
dj4celine Posted September 18, 2011 at 04:41 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 04:41 PM I couldn't agree more with you Claudette, Alex and Shaun. I still don't understand the obsession with certain fans telling the other fans what is good and what is not. You don't agree with what we want, fine. We aren't complaining about you, but Celine's career path which is being trodden down as some talent-less cesspool full of covers. It wouldn't be far when everyone will remember her as the voice that only covered other people's songs and had one or two hits in the 90s. I, for sure, don't want to see that and I'm sure neither do you. Just don't complain about us complaining cos in the end, it's you who are complaining as well. Vicious circle, you know!
Javito Posted September 18, 2011 at 05:02 PM Posted September 18, 2011 at 05:02 PM Oh Celine, how great you are, I bow down before your feet. You are absolutely amazing in every way. I cannot wait to buy your new album. I will play it from morning till night. :wub: Is this reply suitable for some of you? Apparantly these are the only types of posts that are allowed here. I won't be susrprised if the complainers about the complainers are the first people to trash Celine's album to pieces when it comes out. Well said, Clauddette. And don't forget to say how amazing/beautiful/incredible are her 3 children! I personally wouldn't have a problem with them releasing an album full of 90's sounding songs - providing they were original songs. This absolute obsession with covers is ridiculous. Is it any coincidence that Celine's albums since "A New Day Has Come" have sold less and less? It's from that time she went to Vegas and she started promoting all her new albums with cover songs. I Drove All Night to promote One Heart. Beautiful Boy to promote Miracle. Taking Chances and Alone to promote Taking Chances. Add to that the constant obsession with wheeling out Because You Loved Me when she appears on TV and it's no wonder people have lost interest in Celine. They think she doesn't have any new songs! No-one would be against the occasional cover song when it's a special occasion - Smile at the Oscars, At Seventeen at the Grammy's - but why the urgency to include every single cover song she ever performs onto her next English album? It's a farce. This has been going on almost 10 years now! It just cannot go on surely! Amen, Shaun! +1 That's completely true, its all about the covers since A New Day Has Come. It's just an insane obsession, and a shame to her own repertoire and all the writers & producers for whom she has recorded the original songs they have sent her. "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Recommended Posts