Claudette Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:16 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:16 PM (edited) Thanks for the video. I cannot wait to see this movie!!! By the way, what happened to the big note of ''All By Myself''? Edited January 18, 2010 at 04:18 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
motylik6 Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:35 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:35 PM Skye and Lou , thanks SO much for the translation!!!! :thankspin: :thankspin: :thankspin: :thankspin: :thankspin: ( ďakujem!!!! ) Quote http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dions-Fa...111787318944627
Timster Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:35 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:35 PM Thanks for the video. I cannot wait to see this movie!!! By the way, what happened to the big note of ''All By Myself''? My god, they should have left that high note alone! The playback was perfect! The high note sounds very similar to the first night, or she re-recorded it, but it sounds awful, especially at the end of it. Quote
Pureceline Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:42 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:42 PM The high note sounds like this because she was sick that day! Quote http://www.celinerevealed.nl/banners/revealed-sig.png My Taking Chances World Tour: 16 May: Antwerp, Belgium 2 June: Amsterdam, Holland | 15, 16, 19, 20, 23, 25 Augustus: Montreal, Canada Visit my website: www.celinerevealed.nl
Claudette Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:49 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:49 PM (edited) I don't think so. That note was always playback, except for the first show in Johanneburg, so you wouldn't have been able to tell if she was sick or not from that note. They definitely did something to that and the audio of ''My Heart Will Go On''. It is also not the same as the one from Johannesburg. Do we have bootlegs for all the Montreal and Boston shows. Maybe she sang it live for the DVD taping... Edit: Unless they did it on purpose to show that she was sick during some shows... there is no way of telling from that clip which show it is from... Edited January 18, 2010 at 05:03 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Timster Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:50 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 04:50 PM The high note sounds like this because she was sick that day! The high note was lipped every single night (apart from the first show). She was not sick in Boston or Montreal, so it makes no difference whatsoever. I fully understand them dubbing MHWGO with a new recording to avoid conflict with the Vegas playback (they've probably done the same with the other songs), but swapping a perfect playback which has never been on a DVD with something awful is absolutely ridiculous! I am so angry! Quote
DoumDi Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:04 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:04 PM What happened is that the Note is LIVE. She probablly sang it live when they taped the show in Montreal so it wouldn't be the same in Boston. You can see by her face that it is live. And even if the of the note is not perfect I love to see that she can still hit it 12 years later. Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:09 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:09 PM i dont think there is anythign wrong with all by myself, i think itr sounds great! what u on about lol Tim i think she may have sang it live, or recorded it into the mic on the night while the playback was being heard by the fans maybe kev Quote
Claudette Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:17 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:17 PM (edited) Yup, there is nothing wrong with it. I'd take it live over the playback any day. If you want to hear a perfect version of it, you might as well listen to the CD... I agree with DoumDi... look at the muscles in her neck... Edit: It could be Montreal. The people in the stands are standing up... that only happened in Montreal (I think). Edited January 18, 2010 at 05:47 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
DoumDi Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:22 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:22 PM And you know, when she's playbacking it her face is priceless and it's a little too much! You know with the big eyes and the eyebrows going up and down.. Quote
angelil78 Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:26 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:26 PM That trailer was amazing!! It almost broke my heart to see her crying like that though I wonder why she was crying Now I just want a DVD release date!!! Quote
fyoung98 Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:33 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:33 PM (edited) This interview made me dislike Celine a lot: First of all, this interview showed that Celine is grumpy (she exceeds in negativity) Second of all, Rene was talking about the fact that Celine can write beautiful songs and that she DIDN'T want to write songs for herself in the future and BTW Celine made the PFFF face when he said that. I was like WTH Everyone wants to hear songs written by you (Celine) and you say PFFF. I was really disappointed with her attitude. Me too, I didn't agree with her on that at all! She doesn't took that seriously and that annoyed me. How did she play down the importance of writing her own songs, when René knows that fans would love to hear them! ¿? She probably just doesn't believe in her own writing ability. She's been singing other people's songs for how long now?? 29 years!!! Probably thinks there are better writers out there than me. Same as why she won't ever play an intrument - better musicians than her. Its not being negative really - just not believing in herself enough. We all know she should - and hopefully one day she will have the confidence. Yes yes but that does not impede her to record her own stuff just for pleasure, and release it for her fans... I mean she should think the other way, "let the fans judge if the songs are good or not", not just herself and always keeping that door closed Singing is what she KNOWS she does best. That is probably one comfort zone she doesn't really want to step away from. Letting people hear what she has written may be too overwhelming for her emotionally because maybe what she writes is too dear to her. If just one person were to reject it, it would be too much. I know I would be devastated. Critics can really be cruel. We are fans on this forum and look at how some people on the forum criticize.I can appreciate that she keeps those jobs open for writers because if what she writes is anything like she sings (if that makes sense), there'd be no hope for anyone looking to write material for her. Edited January 18, 2010 at 05:35 PM by fyoung98 Quote "Anything is possible" http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7202/6841218478_1c7ac7bb2b.jpgDear Celine http://www.flickr.com/people/76163952@N05/ https://www.createspace.com/3456901
cmcdaori Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:46 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:46 PM i am watching now the show!!! Does anyone of you understand what did they say regarding m. Kent Nagano??? Why did they refer Maria Callas???? I translated few bits and pieces, and it's in the first pages. It's worth having a look before asking questions But, because I'm in good spirits (as I should be after a Celine's interview), they met Kent Nagano and would love to work with him. They met in Germany. They are still talking, nothing's planned. Maybe a film about Callas? Nagano is convinced Celine's the rifght person to sing Callas' songs. Thank you so much for all,but u dont have to praise urself that much.There r many people who translate here.In any way thank you.It was very good Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Teodora Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:49 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:49 PM I can't wait to see this interview, I wasn't able to watch it last night. Not even gonna read the topic, I want to hear it for myself. Quote
Julian Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:51 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:51 PM The high note is defenetly not live! it's a remastered playback version. and to me it sounds weird, indeed. Quote
dlh1 Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:57 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 05:57 PM Actually she did sing All by myself live in the very first show after the charity event on the 14th. I think the first actual show for the tour was on the 16th and she sung it live then and it was that note that they used for the rest of the tour. Quote
Xpresso Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:06 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:06 PM I think it sounds fine! I hope we won't go on for 20 pages about that single note... pleasssssse..... Quote
angelil78 Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:08 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:08 PM Let's vote on having a special "live or not" topic so the people who want to read about it can go there and talk about it Quote
Claudette Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:17 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:17 PM That trailer was amazing!! It almost broke my heart to see her crying like that though I wonder why she was crying Now I just want a DVD release date!!! Which crying part are you talking about? Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
angelil78 Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:22 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:22 PM (edited) That trailer was amazing!! It almost broke my heart to see her crying like that though I wonder why she was crying Now I just want a DVD release date!!! Which crying part are you talking about? Yeah I guess when it comes to Céline crying, you always have to say which part.. The one in the car.. or was she laughing? sounded more like sobbing edit: she is definetly crying, on 6:06 Edited January 18, 2010 at 06:28 PM by angelil78 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:22 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:22 PM What happened is that the Note is LIVE. She probablly sang it live when they taped the show in Montreal so it wouldn't be the same in Boston. You can see by her face that it is live. And even if the of the note is not perfect I love to see that she can still hit it 12 years later.I totally agree with you!!! The Note is indeed 100% LIVE!!!! I think it sounds amazing too! Quote
Claudette Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:31 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:31 PM That trailer was amazing!! It almost broke my heart to see her crying like that though I wonder why she was crying Now I just want a DVD release date!!! Which crying part are you talking about? Yeah I guess when it comes to Céline crying, you always have to say which part.. The one in the car.. or was she laughing? sounded more like sobbing I also thought she was laughing in that scene the first time I saw it, but no she is definitely crying. I think it was in Mexico and someone mentioned before that she was scared. Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
angelil78 Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:34 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:34 PM It's so sad I guess we have to wait for the DVD to be 100% sure. Difficult to see her cry like that Quote
Nmj Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:42 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:42 PM I just have one thing to say about that note i think its 100% Live, also i cant wait to see this movie now more than ever!!-Nmj Quote
Bellamy Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:46 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:46 PM I really hate some posts over analysing on every bit of tiny details. It makes the fun of reading a topic dies very fast. It's becoming more and more often on the forum lately. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Matias Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:48 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:48 PM An ENGLISH album called "Pour que tu m'aimes encore" ???? I don't think so...Maria Callas died in 1977!!! WTF!!! did she visited Celine from the grave????I don't know what Nelson Mandela has to do with Maria Callas.... Sorry, but can someone check this info??? Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
angelil78 Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:50 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:50 PM An ENGLISH album called "Pour que tu m'aimes encore" ???? I don't think so...Maria Callas died in 1977!!! WTF!!! did she visited Celine from the grave????I don't know what Nelson Mandela has to do with Maria Callas.... Sorry, but can someone check this info??? The person has that wrote that has a very weird sence of humor and there was no truth of what he said. Quote
Timster Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:50 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:50 PM (edited) I've worked out what they've done with the ABM high note. Many people have noticed in YouTube videos how there seems to be 2 voices singing 'any'. Well look at how Celine sings that bit in this video, almost the same as the playback. During this 'any' part, Celine's mic will be turned down, allowing just the playback to be heard. Celine, knowing the playback has started, still has to sing under her playbacks so her vocal chords are moving, but obviously she can be quieter as it's difficult to belt out that note at full volume like the playback does. Coincidentally, the 'more' part on the video is noticably quieter than the 'any', showing that this was what Celine was actually singing under the playback. I've changed my opinion of this note now, the only bit that sounds dodgy is the very end, where I think she must have ran out of breath. I don't think she would have put this much effort into a playback note every night. They must have told her to try and do the note as well as she could when they were filming the DVD, knowing that even if she messed up it wouldn't matter as the playback would still be running. This is proved by her facial expressions in the video, much more authentic that the usual performances. Based on this theory, I believe that the 'new' MHWGO is taken from her microphone aswell, so it really is a live performance we are hearing. Again I don't think she would normally put this much effort into lipping, but she does have to sing ALL her songs every night regardless in case of playback failure, especially in the cases when she didn't even realise (ie IDAN Vienna). So it will be interesting to see if they've done the same with TPOL. I can't imagine that sounding perfect live. I doubt they would make her sing live under the playback for every lipped songs on one night for this DVD, they probably spread it out over several concerts so she doesn't strain her voice for the other songs. Sorry for the long explanation but I believe this is how they've done it. In my opinion this is a fantastic move, as it means we are getting 100% live performances on the DVD, even if the audiences didn't hear them! Edited January 18, 2010 at 07:13 PM by Timster Quote
angelil78 Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:51 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 06:51 PM I really hate some posts over analysing on every bit of tiny details. It makes the fun of reading a topic dies very fast. It's becoming more and more often on the forum lately. I agree with you on that. I usually stop reading topics soon after they are made. Quote
Timster Posted January 18, 2010 at 07:08 PM Posted January 18, 2010 at 07:08 PM I really hate some posts over analysing on every bit of tiny details. It makes the fun of reading a topic dies very fast. It's becoming more and more often on the forum lately. I agree with you on that. I usually stop reading topics soon after they are made. Sorry. I was just trying to prove my theory behind the note. I've said what I've wanted to say now! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.