drove all night Posted December 21, 2009 at 04:23 PM Posted December 21, 2009 at 04:23 PM Good song choices! Is "Don't save all for Christmas Day" a song composed by Céline herself? or am I mistaken on this one? yeah, the main idea came from Céline... she was out to dinner with Ric Wake. Céline thought she had an existing song in her mind, but she made it up.Ric told her to sing a bit.... she did, she sang it into a phone, so it got recorded on an answering machine and I guess after that, Ric Wake made the song complete, together with Peter Zizzo and Céline Right on Davey, thanks! Here is the interview where she tells that story about writing the song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNK7OvAI444 Dear "Lou555"! Thanx for the video. I didn't know it. When was it broadcasted for the first time? Thank you and "Merry X-Mas"! "Drove all Night" Quote
smw Posted December 21, 2009 at 07:09 PM Posted December 21, 2009 at 07:09 PM Are there any other videos of Celine in the recording studio for These are Special Times? Quote
CSCfan Posted December 21, 2009 at 10:46 PM Posted December 21, 2009 at 10:46 PM Feliz Navidad Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Lou555 Posted December 21, 2009 at 11:23 PM Posted December 21, 2009 at 11:23 PM (edited) Good song choices! Is "Don't save all for Christmas Day" a song composed by Céline herself? or am I mistaken on this one? yeah, the main idea came from Céline... she was out to dinner with Ric Wake. Céline thought she had an existing song in her mind, but she made it up.Ric told her to sing a bit.... she did, she sang it into a phone, so it got recorded on an answering machine and I guess after that, Ric Wake made the song complete, together with Peter Zizzo and Céline Right on Davey, thanks! Here is the interview where she tells that story about writing the song : Dear "Lou555"! Thanx for the video. I didn't know it. When was it broadcasted for the first time? Thank you and "Merry X-Mas"! "Drove all Night" Sorry I can't answer your question "Drove all Night", I really don't know when. Joyeux Noël à toi aussi! Louise (Lou555) Edited December 21, 2009 at 11:24 PM by Lou555 Quote
drove all night Posted December 22, 2009 at 03:19 PM Posted December 22, 2009 at 03:19 PM Good song choices! Is "Don't save all for Christmas Day" a song composed by Céline herself? or am I mistaken on this one? yeah, the main idea came from Céline... she was out to dinner with Ric Wake. Céline thought she had an existing song in her mind, but she made it up.Ric told her to sing a bit.... she did, she sang it into a phone, so it got recorded on an answering machine and I guess after that, Ric Wake made the song complete, together with Peter Zizzo and Céline Right on Davey, thanks! Here is the interview where she tells that story about writing the song : Dear "Lou555"! Thanx for the video. I didn't know it. When was it broadcasted for the first time? Thank you and "Merry X-Mas"! "Drove all Night" Sorry I can't answer your question "Drove all Night", I really don't know when. Joyeux Noël à toi aussi! Louise (Lou555) Dear Louise, thank you. Doesn't matter. Today I remembered where I've seen Celine's hairdo and the nice little earrings: in the "I'm your angel"-video! So I guess this interview must have been recorded on the day of the videoshoot which must have been in september or october 1998. but maybe someone here in the forum knows the exact date of the "angel"-videoshoot. Cheers!Sieline Quote
Nmj Posted December 22, 2009 at 07:59 PM Posted December 22, 2009 at 07:59 PM Yup on the Same day Quote
CDI Posted December 22, 2009 at 08:16 PM Posted December 22, 2009 at 08:16 PM Any chance anyone here could record this in 5.1 off the HD Channel? or is it being presented in 5.1? Quote <iframe height="300" src="https://embed.indabamusic.com/p?p=https://lydian.indabamusic.com/submissions/6f7bc7ca-4666-11e3-bdac-12313b01d411/playlist" frameborder="0" width="400" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Bumble Posted December 22, 2009 at 08:25 PM Posted December 22, 2009 at 08:25 PM Any chance anyone here could record this in 5.1 off the HD Channel? or is it being presented in 5.1?No point in recording in 5.1...when the source is the CD itself wich is 2.0. Quote W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H W T H
Javito Posted December 22, 2009 at 09:12 PM Posted December 22, 2009 at 09:12 PM Good song choices! Is "Don't save all for Christmas Day" a song composed by Céline herself? or am I mistaken on this one? yeah, the main idea came from Céline... she was out to dinner with Ric Wake. Céline thought she had an existing song in her mind, but she made it up.Ric told her to sing a bit.... she did, she sang it into a phone, so it got recorded on an answering machine and I guess after that, Ric Wake made the song complete, together with Peter Zizzo and Céline Right on Davey, thanks! Here is the interview where she tells that story about writing the song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNK7OvAI444 Wow, and so beautiful is this song she wrote I'm proud of her, and I wish she would write more often Thanks for this video Lou555! I think its the very first time I see some footage of the recording sessions of this album . Do we have more in-studio videos of this album? Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Shaun Posted December 23, 2009 at 12:15 AM Posted December 23, 2009 at 12:15 AM (edited) Yes it's the first time I've seen any footage of the recording sessions for "These Are Special Times" also. I would LOVE to see footage of her in the studio recording THAT note in "O Holy Night." Edited December 23, 2009 at 12:17 AM by Shaun Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Selina286 Posted December 23, 2009 at 12:51 AM Posted December 23, 2009 at 12:51 AM Good song choices! Is "Don't save all for Christmas Day" a song composed by Céline herself? or am I mistaken on this one? yeah, the main idea came from Céline... she was out to dinner with Ric Wake. Céline thought she had an existing song in her mind, but she made it up.Ric told her to sing a bit.... she did, she sang it into a phone, so it got recorded on an answering machine and I guess after that, Ric Wake made the song complete, together with Peter Zizzo and Céline Right on Davey, thanks! Here is the interview where she tells that story about writing the song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNK7OvAI444 Wow, and so beautiful is this song she wrote I'm proud of her, and I wish she would write more often Thanks for this video Lou555! I think its the very first time I see some footage of the recording sessions of this album . Do we have more in-studio videos of this album? Celine looks so cute with side bangs Quote
ladylindsey Posted December 23, 2009 at 04:07 AM Posted December 23, 2009 at 04:07 AM 3 days until the Christmas special!!!!!!! Who's excited???? Who's going to be dragging everyone out of bed at dawn just to watch ABC for 5 hours beforehand? Oh yeahhhh! Quote
Nmj Posted December 23, 2009 at 04:23 AM Posted December 23, 2009 at 04:23 AM I cant wait to see this Quote
browseceline Posted December 23, 2009 at 02:47 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 02:47 PM Hi All, I am now listening to the TAST album. After all these years the album is still as solid as a rock!Some songs, like Oh Holy Night, Ave Maria and All Come Ye Faithful are so powerful and still give the shivers! And I have been to some shops this week and they were playing some songs of this album too.It is still a classy album. I bought myself a cheap christmasalbum of Whitney Houston ( the holiday album) last week, made in 2002 I believe,however..what a really bad album! Everything sounds cheap and not warm at all..and have that obliged r&bsound in it thatdoes not have anything to do with christmas I think.. waste of money! But my main question is ,can someone please record this Disney Christmas Performance so we can see it in HQ ?thank you already ! Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Edwin Posted December 23, 2009 at 03:29 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 03:29 PM Recording it won't be a problem. Getting it from a Tivo box or a Motorola DVR will be the challenge. Quote
Claudette Posted December 23, 2009 at 03:40 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 03:40 PM (edited) TATST is definitely the best Christmas album out there... and I think even people that do not like Celine will agree on that. They have already played three of Celine's songs from that album on the same radio station today: ''The Magic of Christmas Day'', ''Don't Save It All for Christmas Day'' and ''Christmas Eve''. The only thing that annoyed me is that they played Mariah' s enough-to-give-anyone-a-stomach-ache version of ''O'Holy Night''. Can't wait to see the parade! Edited December 23, 2009 at 03:41 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
browseceline Posted December 23, 2009 at 04:10 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 04:10 PM both whitney and mariah were only 5 euros in the grocerystore here..but i thought.. well Whitney singing christmas songs, maybe it is just as nice as Celine singing...but noooo.. Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
BLM Posted December 23, 2009 at 04:34 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 04:34 PM I've been seeing TV previews of the upcoming Disney Christmas Parade. In the previews they mention the "stars" who are participating in the Parade. OMG no mention of Ms. Dion The preview sounds like an "ABC" commercial and not a local one from my area. Anyone else noticed this? Quote
celinedream Posted December 23, 2009 at 04:37 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 04:37 PM well, technically she's not actually in the Parade...but I get your point, they should mention she's part of the show Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
ladylindsey Posted December 23, 2009 at 05:31 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 05:31 PM My nose is literally going to be 2 inches from our tv screen the whole time she's on ahhaahha Quote
celine_rox Posted December 23, 2009 at 06:08 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 06:08 PM 2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!! Quote
Nmj Posted December 23, 2009 at 10:32 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 10:32 PM I cant wait 2 more days!! Quote
Jacqui Posted December 23, 2009 at 11:12 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 11:12 PM Highly doubt it will air here But Merry Christmas everyone!!! Quote
I Love You Posted December 24, 2009 at 06:55 AM Posted December 24, 2009 at 06:55 AM 2 days till Celine. :whee: :kicking: :clap: Quote
Lawna Posted December 24, 2009 at 10:49 AM Posted December 24, 2009 at 10:49 AM TATST is definitely the best Christmas album out there... and I think even people that do not like Celine will agree on that. They have already played three of Celine's songs from that album on the same radio station today: ''The Magic of Christmas Day'', ''Don't Save It All for Christmas Day'' and ''Christmas Eve''. The only thing that annoyed me is that they played Mariah' s enough-to-give-anyone-a-stomach-ache version of ''O'Holy Night''. Can't wait to see the parade! I've also heard "The Christmas Song" and "Happy X-Mas (war is over)" on radio this month Quote They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dionhttp://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz226/Congenialdiva/myspacelink.jpgFollow Me on Twitter!Visit Me on Facebook!
CD4ever Posted December 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM Posted December 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM Hello everybody! I've been searching for a long while to find a way to watch the christmas day parade on ABC on christmas morning (christmas evening in my country) outside the USA. For the ones who want to see Celine on christmas morning, on this site: TVU you can watch ABC live all around the world. There is also a TV guide on there so you can check how late it will air in you timezone. Note: you have to install the TVU player, but that only takes seconds and you have to type A B C to find ABC, so don't forget the spaces between the letters. Enjoy and have an incredible christmas! Quote XxIlse Follow me on twitter =)http://twitter.com/BlessTheDay Las Vegas March 15 2011!!!http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9181/81083533.png
QueenCeline Posted December 24, 2009 at 03:41 PM Posted December 24, 2009 at 03:41 PM I checked here: http://abc.go.com/shows/disney-parks-christmas-day-parade and it says that Celine is scheduled to be first. It also says "subject to change", but as of right now, she is on the top of the list. It starts at 10am eastern time. Quote Marc~~~~~~~~Taking Chances World TourSeptember 29, 2008December 16, 2008
celinedream Posted December 24, 2009 at 03:43 PM Posted December 24, 2009 at 03:43 PM Hello everybody! I've been searching for a long while to find a way to watch the christmas day parade on ABC on christmas morning (christmas evening in my country) outside the USA. For the ones who want to see Celine on christmas morning, on this site: TVU you can watch ABC live all around the world. There is also a TV guide on there so you can check how late it will air in you timezone. Note: you have to install the TVU player, but that only takes seconds and you have to type A B C to find ABC, so don't forget the spaces between the letters. Enjoy and have an incredible christmas! I reeeeeeeeeeeally appreciate that. Thank you so much Feliz Navidad Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
remykyes Posted December 24, 2009 at 04:23 PM Posted December 24, 2009 at 04:23 PM (edited) I checked here: http://abc.go.com/shows/disney-parks-christmas-day-parade and it says that Celine is scheduled to be first. It also says "subject to change", but as of right now, she is on the top of the list. It starts at 10am eastern time. I'm assuming she'll be doing "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day" first since the intro Nick gave her for "O Come All Ye Faithful" sounded like something you'd say at the end of the parade, so I guess she'll open AND close the parade! 1 DAY! Feliz Navidad! Joyeux Noel! Merry Christmas! Edited December 24, 2009 at 04:23 PM by remykyes Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
QueenCeline Posted December 24, 2009 at 07:37 PM Posted December 24, 2009 at 07:37 PM I checked here: http://abc.go.com/shows/disney-parks-christmas-day-parade and it says that Celine is scheduled to be first. It also says "subject to change", but as of right now, she is on the top of the list. It starts at 10am eastern time. I'm assuming she'll be doing "Don't Save It All For Christmas Day" first since the intro Nick gave her for "O Come All Ye Faithful" sounded like something you'd say at the end of the parade, so I guess she'll open AND close the parade! 1 DAY! Feliz Navidad! Joyeux Noel! Merry Christmas! I thought the same too. I was debating whether to put that in my post or not, because I couldn't remember exactly what he said. But yeah, he said something along the lines like, "once again" or something like that. Quote Marc~~~~~~~~Taking Chances World TourSeptember 29, 2008December 16, 2008
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.