Jump to content

Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade 2009


Recommended Posts

Posted
i'm disaapointed... if she is on vacation and she makes an exception why not to sing live? it doesn't make sense for me
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
Geez, people! It was not her choice to lip... as I'm sure is the case for all these type of tv specials...


http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg

Posted
Geez, people! It was not her choice to lip... as I'm sure is the case for all these type of tv specials...

 

Can we please stop with the "Celine never sings live on a tv special" argument because we ALL know that's simply not true.

  • Haven't we all seen the "A New Day Has Come" TV special? Most of it was sung live.
  • Haven't we all seen songs from the "All The Way" TV special special? Sung live.
  • Haven't we all seen "The Prayer" from the "That's Just The Woman In Me" TV special? Live.
  • Heck, even look back to footage of last years Disney parade concert. Most of the artists? Sung live.

As I said earlier in the thread, it doesn't bother me anymoooooooore if she lips and it was great to even get this media appearance from her, but please don't say artists never perform live in TV specials when quite simply, they do.

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted
Not to mention O Come All Ye Faithful is a tremendous song to sing live. Who knows whether she would have gotten it in 3 takes...
Posted (edited)
I am not talking about Celine's TV Specials, but about these Disney crap... I highly doubt that any of these Disney performances ever has been live... Look up Miley's performance from last year - lipped. Look up Mariah's performance from 2005 (or 2006, can't remember) - lipped. And I'm pretty sure the rest was alo lipped. I don't want to argue with anyone, but it annoys me that people are now bashing Celine for just doing what she was asked to do... Edited by Claudette


http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg

Posted (edited)

"In this image released by Disney, singer Celine Dion performs "O' Come All Ye Faithful," Friday, Dec. 4, 2009 at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa hotel in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. , while taping the "Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade" holiday TV special. The special will air Dec. 25 on ABC."

 

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/bubbawawa/celinedisney.jpg

 

She looks gorgeous and I love her hair!

 

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/bubbawawa/Christmas2.jpg

 

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/bubbawawa/6104.jpg

 

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/bubbawawa/6103.jpg

 

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/bubbawawa/610x.jpg

 

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/bubbawawa/6102.jpg

Edited by Bubba
Posted
Geez, people! It was not her choice to lip... as I'm sure is the case for all these type of tv specials...

 

Can we please stop with the "Celine never sings live on a tv special" argument because we ALL know that's simply not true.

  • Haven't we all seen the "A New Day Has Come" TV special? Most of it was sung live.
  • Haven't we all seen songs from the "All The Way" TV special special? Sung live.
  • Haven't we all seen "The Prayer" from the "That's Just The Woman In Me" TV special? Live.
  • Heck, even look back to footage of last years Disney parade concert. Most of the artists? Sung live.

As I said earlier in the thread, it doesn't bother me anymoooooooore if she lips and it was great to even get this media appearance from her, but please don't say artists never perform live in TV specials when quite simply, they do.

 

Shaun, you forgot when she was on her "hiatus" and flew to New York to sing "God Bless America" for the A Tribute To Heroes special :thumbsup2:

 

 

So the people who say that since she is on a break she could have just stayed home and did this just out of the goodness of her heart doesn't cut it actually. The WTC Telethon was live and she did it while she was on her break and she did it out of the goodness of her heart :flowers:

 

Anyways, lets hope that when this airs people will like the "performance" :yes:

Posted
Just behold the passion in her eyes!!

 

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4181/yumv.jpg

 

Remember the 'look' she had when they unveiled the wax statue in Vegas.

with michel drucker in vegas, in that limousine...

for me she has the same 'look' her eyes, there's so much in it :D

 

Love it :D

Posted

Please forgive me. I didn't realize (shame on me) that the pictures I posted were already on this thread. So sorry and embarrassed :xmas_ohmy:

 

Bubba

Posted

She didn't sing live because they did 3 takes for each song- they wouldn't ask Celine sing that - and she wouldn't have done it. I know she can sing, so the lip synching doesn't matter to me. She's fooling no-one.

 

She is so classy and elegant. I love her.

  • Like 1
Posted

just noticed she didn't sang Oh Come All Ye Faithfull complete :-(

But it looked amazing :D

Posted
Thank You SO Much For Posting the Videos & Pictures , I Am SOOO Grateful To this Forum , If it wasn't For here I Would Have Never Seen this or gotten exclusive Pics And Videos , I Live in The UK And this Would Most likely Not Be played over here :( , so Again Thank You So So Much ! :celinechannel2:
Posted (edited)

Man, so much debate going on regarding her performance!

 

 

Let's remember that it is now officially taped for tv, so whether or not people liked her lip-synching... it is done.

We should move on - without needing to have another possible 10 pages of debate.... it's just silly :xmas_wacko:

 

 

* Whatever she chose to do, whatever Disney did.... it is now done. It is not our place to judge or bash on whatever happened.

 

* Whether she has sung live on a TV special, or not -- it was and is her choice.

 

* We may not agree with her choices and we can think of ways she could've done it better, but ultimately.. she's in control. Not us.

 

* Even if she is on a break, she can do whatever she likes. Doesn't matter whether we understand or not.

 

* I know that the fans are the ones who helped skyrocket her career & helped shape who she is today, and we feel the urge &

need to give our input - she is not our puppet & we are not her managers.

 

 

One thing we should remember - she is Celine, one of the greatest there is (live singing or not live singing)

 

 

Let's just focus on more positive Christmas cheer! :xmas_happy:

Edited by kerche
- Kerry -
Posted
Anyone else finds it a bit weird that Mariah Carey's boyfriend Nick presents Celine !?
Posted
people enough saying its ok to lipsync its not ok its getting really silly we know that her voice changed stop saying it over and over again we want her to sing with her new voice is that ok we love any thing that comes out of her mouth just change the tune change the arangment we are fed up of her trying to sing exactly the same like the recording studio, ok let me tell u this we al love music and we know whats a good song and i have to tell u about this mariah carey her voice changed and guess what shes back with a wonderful song (i wanna know what love is) beautiful song she sings it live on all the shows starting from oprah until the last program shes been on its diff and u can tell and its the greatest song iv ever heard so far even better than celine songs nowadays its true:(
Posted (edited)

Seriously, people... Have some of you ever heard of punctuation? It is extremely difficult to read posts without any capital letters, full stops and commas.

 

P.S In my opinion Mariah destroyed a classic with her sounding-like-a-cat-dying squeals at the end of that song. But hey, an opinion is like a butt, everyone has one... :xmaswhistling:

Edited by Claudette


http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg

Posted
people enough saying its ok to lipsync its not ok its getting really silly we know that her voice changed stop saying it over and over again we want her to sing with her new voice is that ok we love any thing that comes out of her mouth just change the tune change the arangment we are fed up of her trying to sing exactly the same like the recording studio, ok let me tell u this we al love music and we know whats a good song and i have to tell u about this mariah carey her voice changed and guess what shes back with a wonderful song (i wanna know what love is) beautiful song she sings it live on all the shows starting from oprah until the last program shes been on its diff and u can tell and its the greatest song iv ever heard so far even better than celine songs nowadays its true:(

 

 

Some people obviously are okay with it. Like others have said: it's a forum, people are going to disagree, and people are still going to voice their opinions :xmas_smile:

 

Aaand some people don't like Mariah. Lipped or live

 

 

(Btw, it's a bit hard to read long texts without stops. Just a suggestion)

 

 

 

I'm sure there are reasons behind the lipsynching that we don't know of, and all we can really do is speculate..

Posted

O' Come All Ye Faithful

 

Youtube Link :clap:

 

 

 

 

Celine...Beautiful :clap:

Posted
Guess it's my turn. Guy's, what's done is done. Besides, if I had to do 3 takes where I was belting "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" I'd use a pre-recorded track to. And another thing. This was recorded inside a HOTEL. Not the best acustics. Disney wanted it to be perfect and I believe that if Celine had sung outside we might have had a chance to have it live, but in a hotel where the sound sucks to begin with, it's going to be lipped. Let's just be glad that we have Celine at all this Christmas.

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted
Guess it's my turn. Guy's, what's done is done. Besides, if I had to do 3 takes where I was belting "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" I'd use a pre-recorded track to. And another thing. This was recorded inside a HOTEL. Not the best acustics. Disney wanted it to be perfect and I believe that if Celine had sung outside we might have had a chance to have it live, but in a hotel where the sound sucks to begin with, it's going to be lipped. Let's just be glad that we have Celine at all this Christmas.

 

 

Yeah, thought of that as well...

Posted
Guess it's my turn. Guy's, what's done is done. Besides, if I had to do 3 takes where I was belting "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" I'd use a pre-recorded track to. And another thing. This was recorded inside a HOTEL. Not the best acustics. Disney wanted it to be perfect and I believe that if Celine had sung outside we might have had a chance to have it live, but in a hotel where the sound sucks to begin with, it's going to be lipped. Let's just be glad that we have Celine at all this Christmas.

 

Exactly! :thumbsup2:


http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg

Posted
amazing to see her for Xmas... and she is so beautiful...Love her hair, her dress. Wonderful Wmas present, thanks Celine, and thanks for those who shared the pictures

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/797/userbar4200703171558616oa2.gif

Je t'aime bien au-delà des lois de ce destin qui te retient sur un chemin trop loin du mien

Posted
Stop the lipsync debate now! Enough discussing about it. Every opinion had been repeated more than 100 times in this topic. All posts about that after this post will be removed without warning.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
Ok i'm really sorry for the hard to be read text,I was just trying to do it fast
Posted
Damn this thing just goes on and on and on. Don't you people ever get tired of it? :wacko: I love how people forget the little fact that they ALL sang to pre-recorded tracks, and focus just on the fact that Celine did. Anyways, you can't please 100% of the peoplke 100% of the time, sooo lo que sea. :Booty:
Posted
Are there any HQ's of her in the purple dress? I just now saw the small one of her in it and its gorgeous.

“There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”

http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png

Posted
Thank you so much for the pics and videos! Ahh, I can't get over how stunning Céline looks! :in_love: I love DSIAFCD so much, it's one of my very favourite songs on TAST. :in_love:

My Taking Chances World Tour

Amsterdam June 2nd 2008 -Section A4, Row 7, Seat 11

Stockholm June 7th 2008 -Section A8/A24, Row 3, Seat 40

Helsinki June 9th 2008 -Section 119, Row 4, Seat 2

 

 

Bruce freakin' Springsteen

Posted

Here is Celine recording Don't Save It All For Christmas Day live from Disney yesterday! :xmas_w00t: They moved the filming indoors due to the rain. The walls can hardly contain that voice! :xmaswhistling: :in_love:

She also changes and preforms O Come All Ye Faithful! :innocent: Celine looks FANTASTIC!! :in_love: I can not wait for this to air! :whee: ENJOY! :flowers:

 

P.S. Does anyone know where i can find the pictures from this? I have searched :shifty:

 

 

 

J'adore Celine! :xmasblush:

 

 

 

 

:xmaswhistling: :wub:

I have waited for so long...for a miracle to come, A New Day Has Come!!

 

 

http://i49.tinypic.com/1q1q4i.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...