remykyes Posted December 5, 2009 at 06:30 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 06:30 AM Just watched "O Come All Ye Faithful" Even though it is 100% lipped (Come on Disney!) she still made me And while I was bawling my eyes out, I also sit here with a smile a mile wide becuase it is just so good to see her back performing even if it is only two songs. The day this got confirmed made me the happiest man ever. With exams next week, I've just been so stressed so this is was just so badly needed. THANK GOD FOR CELINE! I have to say that even though I'm dissapointed we haven't gotten the DVD yet, it will so be worth the wait if this kind of stuff keeps happening. MERCI CELINE! Thank you for giving me probably the best Christmas gift this year and I haven't even gotten the stuff that I asked for. Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
Lou555 Posted December 5, 2009 at 06:39 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 06:39 AM Thanks for the vids LadyLindsey! Céline is just gorgeous in this dress! Quote
celine_rox Posted December 5, 2009 at 06:59 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 06:59 AM was she fixing the tree before she started "singing" lol? Quote
Koolan Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:04 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:04 AM I like seeing how they tape these shows. Too bad they couldn't do it outside. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
ladylindsey Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:09 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:09 AM was she fixing the tree before she started "singing" lol? I really think she is now that you mention it! Quote
Jour053103 Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:14 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:14 AM THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!! WOOOHHHOOOO...... THANKS FOR SHARING.... I HAVE MISSED HER..... IT'LL BE GREAT.... DOES NE 1 KNOW IF IT'LL AIR ON ABC OR THE DISNEY CHANNEL? Quote [color=#0000FF][size=4][font=Comic Sans MS][b]JOUR[/b][/font][/size][/color] [url="http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k241/jour053103/?action=view¤t=celine.jpg"][img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k241/jour053103/celine.jpg[/img][/url] [url="http://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-Dion-Forum-Official-T-Shirt-t36333.html"][img]http://www.celinedionforum.com/style_images/cf2.gif[/img][/url] [url="http://www.cfsquared.org"][color=#9932CC]http://www.cfsquared.org[/color][/url]
whineupemily Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:22 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:22 AM Purple? Looked blue. Quote
ladylindsey Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:48 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:48 AM (edited) what do you guys think? I'm thinking this might be the purple one wish I could find some pics to match it against instead of just video, but the top looks about right and the hip area.. I need my Frida! It also doesn't help that there is a ginormous wreath in the way http://www.elle.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/elle/runway/ready-to-wear/spring-2010-rtw/aquilano-e-rimondi/aquilano-e-rimondi/aquilano-e-rimondi-spring-2010-ready-to-wear-collection/aquilano-and-rimondi-podium-spring-fashion-2010003/3841493-1-eng-US/Aquilano-and-Rimondi-Podium-spring-fashion-2010003_runway.jpg AQUILANO E RIMONDI Spring 2010 RTW eh?? Edited December 5, 2009 at 07:56 AM by ladylindsey Quote
Claudette Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:51 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:51 AM LOL! It does look like she is fidgeting with the tree... haha gotta love her! Yes, Lindsay I think that might be the one... it is gorgeous! Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
kerche Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:57 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 07:57 AM was she fixing the tree before she started "singing" lol? I really think she is now that you mention it! Yep! She was most likely "adding" ornaments to the tree what do you guys think? I'm thinking this might be the purple one wish I could find some pics to match it against instead of just video, but the top looks about right and the hip area.. I need my Frida!http://www.elle.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/elle/runway/ready-to-wear/spring-2010-rtw/aquilano-e-rimondi/aquilano-e-rimondi/aquilano-e-rimondi-spring-2010-ready-to-wear-collection/aquilano-and-rimondi-podium-spring-fashion-2010003/3841493-1-eng-US/Aquilano-and-Rimondi-Podium-spring-fashion-2010003_runway.jpg AQUILANO E RIMONDI Spring 2010 RTW eh?? Wow LadyLindsey - this MIGHT be the dress!! It definitely looks like it, as I keep staring at the dress in the video... looks like it has a sideways ribbon bow!! SWEET!!!! Good job girl! Now we just need Frida to confirm :xmas_w00t: And thanks for finding & cross-posting the videos on to the forum!!! and thanks Thomas for the HQ pics!! YAYYYYYI am just happy that she wore holiday gowns in the performance. I knew it had to be that!! Quote - Kerry -
whineupemily Posted December 5, 2009 at 08:23 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 08:23 AM Eh. It's ok I'm sure once it's on Celine, we will all be much more "OMFDDDD" over it. Quote
luciusbright Posted December 5, 2009 at 08:26 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 08:26 AM she looks stunning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`Thanks everybody~~` Quote S'il suffisait d'aimer...
dj4celine Posted December 5, 2009 at 08:50 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 08:50 AM Wow, the break did her good! She sounds about 11 years younger.... What's the point of getting out of her break with this kind of appearance? It's artistically pointless, and even if you're happy to see her, it's depreciating her talent in every way and is revolting.Sometimes, less is more. She should have learned that and stay on her break, rather than offer that dreadful performance.Now go on youtube, and watch At Seventeen. She did it exacty one year ago. It was a rare appearance and worth seeing and listening to. Well said! HQ pics from the show: http://img23.imagevenue.com/loc46/th_68040_7_122_46lo.jpg http://img213.imagevenue.com/loc665/th_68017_2_122_665lo.jpg http://img166.imagevenue.com/loc879/th_68019_3_122_879lo.jpg http://img258.imagevenue.com/loc517/th_68026_4_122_517lo.jpg http://img108.imagevenue.com/loc478/th_68034_5_122_478lo.jpg http://img215.imagevenue.com/loc1089/th_68037_6_122_1089lo.jpg http://img37.imagevenue.com/loc597/th_68045_8_122_597lo.jpg http://img22.imagevenue.com/loc390/th_68047_9_122_390lo.jpg http://img242.imagevenue.com/loc165/th_68049_10_122_165lo.jpg http://img259.imagevenue.com/loc227/th_68015_1_122_227lo.jpg Don't forget to credit if you take them! Shukriya, Tommy!! I don't care, we're here to voice our opinions no? I think it's a waste for her and her break. Well some just don't seem to get it, Jeroen OMG I'm kinda shocked that people are mad at her for not singing live! And you think you are fans?? She's on a vacation! just be happy she is doing this, she is doing this FOR HER REAL FANS!! I think people that are mad at her for not singing live all the time will be gone, wont stick it through as fans, will forget Céline in months or few years.. pff Umm.. we are her fans but not ignorant ones Getting sick of this whole "are you not real fans" attitude if you don't happen to agree with the majority. Some fans here are fans of Celine for her LIVE SINGING VOICE (cos ya know, she IS a singer) so therefore it isn't too much for them to expect her to sing live. After 15 years of following Celine I've personally come to expect it so it doesn't bother me too much but honestly, this is a discussion forum. Let people discuss their opinions without slamming them for expressing theres. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, thanks Thomas for the pics, she looks amazing! And honestly, aside from "The Magic of Christmas Day" I couldn't have handpicked 2 better songs from "These Are Special Times" to be performed. A truly unexpected treat to get this from Celine this year when no-one expected any media appearances from her. Can't wait to see the videos. Couldn't have said it better Who cares if she lipped it just be gratefull that she is there doing two songs. Besides in the first Video it says that they had to move it inside cause it was raining. God. :xmas_mad: :nono: :nono: I do and I think many other fans do as well but it's understandable on this occasion that she lipped it since all of their performances seem to be lipped Quote
Ccile Posted December 5, 2009 at 09:12 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 09:12 AM Thank you so much guys for sharing beautiful pics and videos!!!! Can't wait to see this show!! Celine is beautiful!! No pics with the purple dress??? Quote http://www.sarahjparker.com/gallery/albums/films/SexandtheCity2/stills/normal_008.jpg The girls are back!!!!
browseceline Posted December 5, 2009 at 09:29 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 09:29 AM (edited) I was hoping to hear her singing live.. but when I read everything here I completely understand it; the echoes in the hotel etc. But I really really hoped to hear her singing O Come All Ye Faithful because when I hear that song it just gives me the shivers.I imagine a huge cathedral with christmastrees and a huge choir! There are enough performances at christmas in churches. They could have taped it in a cathedral for instance? the dresses are beautiful and hope to see the performances in HQ very soon ! by the way - she also looks great! When you look at the picture at the footballgame ( or something like that?) she looked so thin, and now she looks just as great as she was during the TC tour! the dresses are beautiful (esspecially the purple one )and hope to see the performances in HQ very soon ! Edited December 5, 2009 at 09:35 AM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Galuush Posted December 5, 2009 at 09:41 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 09:41 AM She looks AMAZING.Did she ever recorded O Come All Ye Faithful? or did she record it just for the special? Quote What you say to Taking Chances? - 9/7/2008 - My own Taking chances tour. Celine Je T'aime!! I just want to live while I'm alive - Bon Jovi!! My God, I was settling in for a long winter's nap. I've been nominated, like 789 times, but it hasn't been since the Mesozoic Era that I've actually won - Meryl Streep
kerche Posted December 5, 2009 at 09:48 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 09:48 AM (edited) What's the point of getting out of her break with this kind of appearance? It's artistically pointless, and even if you're happy to see her, it's depreciating her talent in every way and is revolting.Sometimes, less is more. She should have learned that and stay on her break, rather than offer that dreadful performance.Now go on youtube, and watch At Seventeen. She did it exacty one year ago. It was a rare appearance and worth seeing and listening to. Then every other artist appearing on the Disney World Christmas Day parade are also depreciating their talent.... not just Celine. LOL!Since everyone else would be lip-synching as well. And saying that her appearance is revolting and artistically pointless is rather harsh...Let's just say you don't seem to understand that Celine is most likely doing this out of the goodness of her heart in celebration of Christmas. They could have taped it in a cathedral for instance? Considering this is a Disney World event, there is no cathedral in the park....BUT... maybe one day, she can sing that song in one Edited December 5, 2009 at 09:50 AM by kerche Quote - Kerry -
browseceline Posted December 5, 2009 at 09:57 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 09:57 AM (edited) She looks AMAZING.Did she ever recorded O Come All Ye Faithful? or did she record it just for the special? eh..what do you mean? It's on the These Are Special Times album and never been performed live ( apart from this one)(the cdversion sounds like it has been recorded in a cathedral ! ) Edited December 5, 2009 at 09:58 AM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:02 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:02 AM (edited) If there was a possibility to see a Christmas concert with Celine in a cathedral nearby..I definately would go!that would be a great christmas! Edited December 5, 2009 at 10:05 AM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Galuush Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:05 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:05 AM She looks AMAZING.Did she ever recorded O Come All Ye Faithful? or did she record it just for the special? eh..what do you mean? It's on the These Are Special Times album and never been performed live ( apart from this one)(the cdversion sounds like it has been recorded in a cathedral ! ) Ohh thanks... I didn't know that is was on TAST album Quote What you say to Taking Chances? - 9/7/2008 - My own Taking chances tour. Celine Je T'aime!! I just want to live while I'm alive - Bon Jovi!! My God, I was settling in for a long winter's nap. I've been nominated, like 789 times, but it hasn't been since the Mesozoic Era that I've actually won - Meryl Streep
Davey84 Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:10 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:10 AM Good song choices! Is "Don't save all for Christmas Day" a song composed by Céline herself? or am I mistaken on this one? yeah, the main idea came from Céline... she was out to dinner with Ric Wake. Céline thought she had an existing song in her mind, but she made it up.Ric told her to sing a bit.... she did, she sang it into a phone, so it got recorded on an answering machine and I guess after that, Ric Wake made the song complete, together with Peter Zizzo and Céline the guy dancing like beyonce in the beggining of the video is hillarious and in the end Celine says "Merry Xmas to all" now that part at least was live for those of you who complained.... hahaha I wanted to say that too!! I love the purple dress and the hair that way!! she looks 20 years younger! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Claudette Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:15 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:15 AM (edited) yeah, the main idea came from Céline... she was out to dinner with Ric Wake. Céline thought she had an existing song in her mind, but she made it up.Ric told her to sing a bit.... she did, she sang it into a phone, so it got recorded on an answering machine and I guess after that, Ric Wake made the song complete, together with Peter Zizzo and Céline I knew she composed it, but I did not know that it happened like that. Where did you read/hear that? Edited December 5, 2009 at 10:15 AM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
shih-tzu Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:15 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:15 AM WOW, thank you so much for the picture Quote 2015 - Lionel Richie - Vienna, London, Leipzig, Eros Ramazzotti - Prague2016 - Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart - Prague
Shaun Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:58 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 10:58 AM It's such a shame the weather put paid to performing in front of the Disney castle as that backdrop would've been amazing for these two performances. Still, it's great to see Celine again in "showbiz mode" and it'll be great to see the actual Disney videos of these performances. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Davey84 Posted December 5, 2009 at 11:01 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 11:01 AM yeah, the main idea came from Céline... she was out to dinner with Ric Wake. Céline thought she had an existing song in her mind, but she made it up.Ric told her to sing a bit.... she did, she sang it into a phone, so it got recorded on an answering machine and I guess after that, Ric Wake made the song complete, together with Peter Zizzo and Céline I knew she composed it, but I did not know that it happened like that. Where did you read/hear that? in my many many many years of fandom Maybe I even read that in her bio! I also recall a video where you could hear that answering maching! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
sazzlepop123 Posted December 5, 2009 at 11:15 AM Posted December 5, 2009 at 11:15 AM Who took these videos? (the 3 that Lindsay posted) they are brilliant!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/sarahlucy86/Celineandme12.jpg
Céline's Blues Posted December 5, 2009 at 12:19 PM Posted December 5, 2009 at 12:19 PM Nice beginning of a new I-move-my-lips-to-20-year-old-tapes-era. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Steph--xO Posted December 5, 2009 at 12:34 PM Posted December 5, 2009 at 12:34 PM thank you thank you thank you for those pics & videos! they are AMAZING!! i almost cried! its great seeing Celine, ive missed her but im soo happy now, seeing her well and happy!! shes such a great person!! and even though she never sang live, everyone should still appreciate she came and did a great job! Quote http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii234/AS--Xx/Cdd-1.jpg _______________________________________________________________________________ ♥ "if you follow your dreams, i dont think you can go wrong." 'and i cant help falling in love with you' i love you Celine.♥
frana Posted December 5, 2009 at 12:50 PM Posted December 5, 2009 at 12:50 PM HQ pics from the show: http://img23.imagevenue.com/loc46/th_68040_7_122_46lo.jpg http://img213.imagevenue.com/loc665/th_68017_2_122_665lo.jpg http://img166.imagevenue.com/loc879/th_68019_3_122_879lo.jpg http://img258.imagevenue.com/loc517/th_68026_4_122_517lo.jpg http://img108.imagevenue.com/loc478/th_68034_5_122_478lo.jpg http://img215.imagevenue.com/loc1089/th_68037_6_122_1089lo.jpg http://img37.imagevenue.com/loc597/th_68045_8_122_597lo.jpg http://img22.imagevenue.com/loc390/th_68047_9_122_390lo.jpg http://img242.imagevenue.com/loc165/th_68049_10_122_165lo.jpg http://img259.imagevenue.com/loc227/th_68015_1_122_227lo.jpg Don't forget to credit if you take them! Hi Thomas Amazing pics Celine looks very beautiful Thank you Quote www.thepoweroflove-celinedion.blogspot.com Quand je m'endors contre ton corpsAlors je n'ai plus de douteL'amour existe encore http://img158.imagevenue.com/loc127/th_464647807_Sansattendrebanner_122_127lo.jpg http://www.celinedionforum.com/Show-Celine-t48117.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Delles-design-t34725.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-t33243.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-vol-2-t34315.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-Our-Angel-t38063.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ign-t33011.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ol2-t38394.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celine-t36910.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celi...l-2-t45094.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Hi-Everyone...ign-t32799.html
Matias Posted December 5, 2009 at 12:50 PM Posted December 5, 2009 at 12:50 PM You think she is going to waste her voice in a TV Special?? get real people!! be thankful that we can see her once again!! she could be enjoyng her time off with her family!She NEVER sung live on a TV special and we NEVER complained, why now??? I'm just thrilled to see her on stage again, she looks amazing!!! Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.