ashleylovesceline Posted August 22, 2008 at 05:31 AM Posted August 22, 2008 at 05:31 AM I was reading the TV guide, and the time has come for the JL Telethon again. It's supposed to air on August 31st. Anyone heard if Céline will appear? Quote
Koolan Posted August 22, 2008 at 05:33 AM Posted August 22, 2008 at 05:33 AM Last I heard on July 21 was "We don't have her in our list as yet. But stay tuned" Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
celine_rox Posted August 22, 2008 at 06:13 AM Posted August 22, 2008 at 06:13 AM i hope she does Quote
Céline's Blues Posted August 22, 2008 at 08:56 AM Posted August 22, 2008 at 08:56 AM You can bet she will. Even during the LTAL tour she appeared per satelite. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
celinesounds Posted August 22, 2008 at 08:58 AM Posted August 22, 2008 at 08:58 AM Has she a concert on that day? Quote #FREEJAVITO
dj4celine Posted August 22, 2008 at 03:18 PM Posted August 22, 2008 at 03:18 PM Yeah, she has a concert on August 31 in Montreal. It may be a via satellite performance Quote
Céline's Blues Posted August 22, 2008 at 03:19 PM Posted August 22, 2008 at 03:19 PM Yeah, she has a concert on August 31 in Montreal. It may be a via satellite performance Hope she sings If I Could. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
dj4celine Posted August 22, 2008 at 03:20 PM Posted August 22, 2008 at 03:20 PM Yeah, she has a concert on August 31 in Montreal. It may be a via satellite performance Hope she sings If I Could. Why do I have a very bad feeling it may either be 'The Prayer' or 'Love Can Move Mountains'?? Quote
Céline's Blues Posted August 22, 2008 at 03:21 PM Posted August 22, 2008 at 03:21 PM Yeah, she has a concert on August 31 in Montreal. It may be a via satellite performance Hope she sings If I Could. Why do I have a very bad feeling it may either be 'The Prayer' or 'Love Can Move Mountains'?? I wish LCMM. The Prayer = POISON. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
celinesounds Posted August 22, 2008 at 05:31 PM Posted August 22, 2008 at 05:31 PM Please no more LCMM I pray for MY LOVE Quote #FREEJAVITO
Annalicious Posted August 22, 2008 at 05:32 PM Posted August 22, 2008 at 05:32 PM I wish she would stop doing it. Even though he's trying to do a good thing, Jerry Lewis does it in such a douchey way that she doesn't even understand she's contributing to something that is extremely offensive to many of the people it is supposedly helping. Quote
Nmj Posted August 22, 2008 at 08:14 PM Posted August 22, 2008 at 08:14 PM I think she will sing ML " But I will stand Tall to get by" Quote
binsk Posted August 22, 2008 at 08:23 PM Posted August 22, 2008 at 08:23 PM its still not confirmed...dont get ur hopes up Quote -RK
Jay718 Posted August 23, 2008 at 04:51 AM Posted August 23, 2008 at 04:51 AM I wish she would stop doing it. Even though he's trying to do a good thing, Jerry Lewis does it in such a douchey way that she doesn't even understand she's contributing to something that is extremely offensive to many of the people it is supposedly helping. What? Raising 50-60 million dollars for MDA to fund research that may one day lead to a cure is offensive to those inflicted with the disease? J Quote http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Jay7180/im_13.jpg
dj4celine Posted August 23, 2008 at 10:07 AM Posted August 23, 2008 at 10:07 AM I wish she would stop doing it. Even though he's trying to do a good thing, Jerry Lewis does it in such a douchey way that she doesn't even understand she's contributing to something that is extremely offensive to many of the people it is supposedly helping. Quote
Annalicious Posted August 23, 2008 at 12:38 PM Posted August 23, 2008 at 12:38 PM (edited) Jerry Lewis and his telethons are offensive to many people with MD and many more. This is why: http://www.raggededgemagazine.com/archive/jerry92.htm Here are some of his pearls of wisdom: In an essay he wrote for Parade magazine, he characterized people with MD as "being half a person" In an interview with CBS in 2001: "If you don't want to be pitied for being a cripple in a wheelchair, don't come out of the house." (he still refuses to apologize for this) Edited August 23, 2008 at 12:38 PM by Annalicious Quote
Jay718 Posted August 23, 2008 at 07:59 PM Posted August 23, 2008 at 07:59 PM Jerry Lewis and his telethons are offensive to many people with MD and many more. This is why: http://www.raggededgemagazine.com/archive/jerry92.htm Here are some of his pearls of wisdom: In an essay he wrote for Parade magazine, he characterized people with MD as "being half a person" In an interview with CBS in 2001: "If you don't want to be pitied for being a cripple in a wheelchair, don't come out of the house." (he still refuses to apologize for this) Okay, Jerry Lewis may be a crazy old man now- but I do not think that mitigates the greatness that the MDA organization does for research for this disease. Furthermore, I can't wait to see Celine on it! I hope that they cut into her concert in Montreal!!! That would be awesome! Quote http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Jay7180/im_13.jpg
Xpresso Posted August 25, 2008 at 10:24 PM Posted August 25, 2008 at 10:24 PM My Love would be the best song for this telethon. And it would also promote her album at the same time. Why not? Quote
Ronny83 Posted August 25, 2008 at 10:57 PM Posted August 25, 2008 at 10:57 PM Yeah, she has a concert on August 31 in Montreal. It may be a via satellite performance Hope she sings If I Could. Why do I have a very bad feeling it may either be 'The Prayer' or 'Love Can Move Mountains'?? I wish LCMM. The Prayer = POISON. :sofunny: Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Jacqui Posted August 26, 2008 at 03:06 PM Posted August 26, 2008 at 03:06 PM She will be on it.http://www.ocala.com/article/20080826/LIVI...=The_good_fight Quote
Rossum89 Posted August 26, 2008 at 03:45 PM Posted August 26, 2008 at 03:45 PM YAY! Quote http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3003/newconcertdvddesign3.jpgCredit goes to Timster for the great pic! Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 22, 1998my very first concert...Celine Dion - Taking Chances World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 13, 2008front row at the end of the catwalk... http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_me-a.png http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_us-c.png
dj4celine Posted August 27, 2008 at 09:37 AM Posted August 27, 2008 at 09:37 AM She will be on it.http://www.ocala.com/article/20080826/LIVI...=The_good_fightNow that it is confirmed that Celine is gonna take part, I think our debate on which song she's gonna sing should continue, Seb Yeah, she has a concert on August 31 in Montreal. It may be a via satellite performance Hope she sings If I Could. Why do I have a very bad feeling it may either be 'The Prayer' or 'Love Can Move Mountains'?? I wish LCMM. The Prayer = POISON. BTW poison as in Hideaki Lee poison or Sainkho howl poison?? Quote
zoea2812 Posted August 27, 2008 at 09:43 AM Posted August 27, 2008 at 09:43 AM Celine does do a lot of good charity work. i hope she sings My love, it is so good. Quote http://www.celinerific.com/Signatures/NHASig1.jpg
celinefanonline Posted August 27, 2008 at 10:23 AM Posted August 27, 2008 at 10:23 AM yeah my love would be really good!! and also to promote TC album too!! lol Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
stevo Posted August 27, 2008 at 10:36 AM Posted August 27, 2008 at 10:36 AM She might just send a 'performance' from the upcoming DVD as she did with IDAN last year- pray let it be My Love Quote
SarahJB5 Posted August 27, 2008 at 01:51 PM Posted August 27, 2008 at 01:51 PM YAY!!! I really hope it will be a LIVE feed from Montreal seeing as I will be at the show!!! Quote I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010 http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/SarahJB5/asblockssmaller.jpg
Koolan Posted August 27, 2008 at 09:47 PM Posted August 27, 2008 at 09:47 PM A live feed is probable, I really hope it will be My Love. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
CSCfan Posted August 27, 2008 at 09:49 PM Posted August 27, 2008 at 09:49 PM They will show 'It's A Man's Man's Man's World' especially for Jerry Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
A New Day Has Come Posted August 27, 2008 at 11:32 PM Posted August 27, 2008 at 11:32 PM yay she is going to be on I wonder what the song will be probbaly My love or something else. Quote
nrcda88 Posted August 28, 2008 at 12:07 AM Posted August 28, 2008 at 12:07 AM Cool! Fingers crossed for My Love Quote http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3646/cdan.jpg Céline ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ My MySpace Page Facebook
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.