Prince Whiskers Posted August 6, 2008 at 11:37 AM Posted August 6, 2008 at 11:37 AM I don't think I can love MIRACLE until I've given birth---and that will take a MIRACLE!!!Somehow, I'm reminded of your comments about faking it. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Jan Posted August 7, 2008 at 11:45 AM Posted August 7, 2008 at 11:45 AM oh no sorry i meant 'epic' as in the actual word, not the record label 'epic' epic as in 'grand' ending I see. I have a tendency to misunderstand things. Quote
Davey84 Posted August 8, 2008 at 02:27 PM Posted August 8, 2008 at 02:27 PM the wintergarden concert is for download now in the MM section, btw, it has amazing live versions of AOW, WDMHBN and Unison Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
D'elles Posted August 13, 2008 at 03:47 PM Author Posted August 13, 2008 at 03:47 PM is she glad she did Unison or was it not an album she likes ? were there any unreleased tracks from the album ? Quote http://991.com/newGallery/Celine-Dion-Unison-Remix-261182.jpg
SensationalCeline Posted August 13, 2008 at 08:53 PM Posted August 13, 2008 at 08:53 PM I thought that she didn't really like Unison. I'm sure someone on here posted something about she let the producers or someone in charge of the album basically tell her what to do the whole time she was recording. Quote http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg280/spoiledrottenbrat4063/Celine%20Dion/CELINESIGGY.jpg
Prince Whiskers Posted August 14, 2008 at 10:35 AM Posted August 14, 2008 at 10:35 AM the wintergarden concert is for download now in the MM section, btw, it has amazing live versions of AOW, WDMHBN and Unison The 2 "flyyyyy" notes in WDMHBN each lasted 9 seconds. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Matej Posted November 13, 2011 at 09:25 PM Posted November 13, 2011 at 09:25 PM Hello fans! I just have a question about the well-known "Winter Garden" live concert from March 1991. Celine sang a duet Can't Live With You Can't Live Without You with her drummer Peter Barbeau in front of the stage (of course), but who played on drums during this song? Please, can you help me? Quote
Celine_Fan_1992 Posted November 17, 2011 at 07:55 PM Posted November 17, 2011 at 07:55 PM I love the album Unison. I enjoy every song on it and I have constantly had songs from it stuck in my head the last couple days. Celine looked beautiful during that era just as she always does. Quote ♥Once a Celine fan, always a Celine fan!♥
frana Posted February 27, 2012 at 02:52 PM Posted February 27, 2012 at 02:52 PM Hello fans! I just have a question about the well-known "Winter Garden" live concert from March 1991. Celine sang a duet Can't Live With You Can't Live Without You with her drummer Peter Barbeau in front of the stage (of course), but who played on drums during this song? Please, can you help me? Sylvain Bolduc answer to your question about Sylvain Bolduc " Hi there, thank you for those memories. From what i remember, the drums were programmed for that song. Take care of yourself and I'm a big fan of some of your compatriotes Igor Keller and Jaroslav Halak" !!! Quote www.thepoweroflove-celinedion.blogspot.com Quand je m'endors contre ton corpsAlors je n'ai plus de douteL'amour existe encore http://img158.imagevenue.com/loc127/th_464647807_Sansattendrebanner_122_127lo.jpg http://www.celinedionforum.com/Show-Celine-t48117.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Delles-design-t34725.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-t33243.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-vol-2-t34315.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-Our-Angel-t38063.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ign-t33011.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ol2-t38394.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celine-t36910.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celi...l-2-t45094.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Hi-Everyone...ign-t32799.html
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 27, 2012 at 03:05 PM Posted February 27, 2012 at 03:05 PM Here's an interesting fact regarding this album: Songs performed live from the album: *(If There Was) Any Other Way*If Love Is Out The Question*Where Does My Heart Beat Now*The Last To Know*Love By Another Name*Unison*I Feel Too Much*Have a Heart 8 of the 10 songs from the album were performed live by Celine Dion during the Unison Tour, the promotional tour for the album and other shows that came long after the release of the album, such as the CD tour, TCOML tour, D tour, FIY tour and, more recently, the current show in Las Vegas. I really wish she did this more often (I'm talking about performing most of the songs from her most recent album during a show), I think she only did that with Unison (8 of 10 songs performed live), D'eux (10 of 12 songs performed live) and A New Day Has Come (13 of 17 songs performed live). It's a great album, by the way. A few months ago, somebody posted on YouTube a HQ video of Where Does My Heart Beat Now at the "10 Ans Dejà" concert. Does anybody have the rest of the show in HQ?This is the video that I'm talking about Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Matej Posted February 27, 2012 at 03:10 PM Posted February 27, 2012 at 03:10 PM Sylvain Bolduc answer to your question about Sylvain Bolduc " Hi there, thank you for those memories. From what i remember, the drums were programmed for that song. Take care of yourself and I'm a big fan of some of your compatriotes Igor Keller and Jaroslav Halak" !!! Thank you very much, nice of you! Quote
Bell Posted March 4, 2012 at 01:21 PM Posted March 4, 2012 at 01:21 PM I'm sure someone on here posted something about she let the producers or someone in charge of the album basically tell her what to do the whole time she was recording.I heard about this, too. She said she was much more involved in making the 'Celine Dion' album. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
dengyq918 Posted March 5, 2012 at 08:50 AM Posted March 5, 2012 at 08:50 AM I love Unison, Have A Heart, If We Could Start Over, Where Does My Heart Beat Now. The other songs are also good. Quote
Matias Posted March 6, 2012 at 02:06 PM Posted March 6, 2012 at 02:06 PM it should be called the UNIBROW ERA hahaha I love it still, specially the fashion!! ohhh the early 90's! Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
frana Posted March 16, 2012 at 07:36 PM Posted March 16, 2012 at 07:36 PM I love songs from Unison Era : Where Does My Heart Beat NowHave A HeartIf We Could Start Over AgainUnison Quote www.thepoweroflove-celinedion.blogspot.com Quand je m'endors contre ton corpsAlors je n'ai plus de douteL'amour existe encore http://img158.imagevenue.com/loc127/th_464647807_Sansattendrebanner_122_127lo.jpg http://www.celinedionforum.com/Show-Celine-t48117.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Delles-design-t34725.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-t33243.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-vol-2-t34315.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-Our-Angel-t38063.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ign-t33011.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ol2-t38394.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celine-t36910.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celi...l-2-t45094.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Hi-Everyone...ign-t32799.html
Celine Fan 77 Posted March 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM Posted March 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM I have a question. A HQ version of the "10 Ans Dejà" concert had been shared on this forum back in 2006, but the download link is not available anymore. Anyone to post it again please? I've got the full show but in very low quality. Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Matej Posted March 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM Posted March 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM Super hot singer Celine Dion remains based in her native province atop the picturesque Laurentian Mountains, about a 45-minute drive from Montreal. The home emphasizes one of the most essential aspects in her life: water. Dion's first English album, Unison, is not only catching the ears of her English-speaking compatriots, but of those in the United States as well. The first single released domestically, Where Does My Heart Beat Now, soared into the top five of Billboard's Top 100 and Contemporary Adult surveys. "I have a swimming pool and how can you say," the French Canadian turns to her manager to translate the thought into English, "Whirlpool bath," she says with a laugh. "I love water, I'm always in my bath," Dion said in an interview. "It's true. My manager's always on the phone, and me, I'm always in the bath. One day a blue bath, the next a pink one." Dion cherishes the relaxing moments. There are very few because, at this point, she has only one desire. "It's a big, big dream and I know it's not for tomorrow," she said, "but I would love to be known everywhere, and sing everywhere and go as far as possible in my career and maybe one day sing in other languages." Archive: The Press-Courier (April 3, 1991) Quote
Davey84 Posted March 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM Posted March 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM (edited) and 20 years later she has her own water park! thanks for that little article! I think Céline needs to do a sabatical for a while and go back to the province where she grew up. Really go back to her roots and forget all about Vegas and Florida. Just be le p'tite québecoise again and reinvent herself Edited March 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM by Davey84 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Bell Posted March 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM Posted March 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM I think Céline needs to do a sabatical for a while and go back to the province where she grew up. Really go back to her roots and forget all about Vegas and Florida. Just be le p'tite québecoise again and reinvent herself That would be great! But I doubt it... Anyway, Matej, thanks for sharing! It was really sweet! Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
frana Posted March 30, 2012 at 12:51 PM Posted March 30, 2012 at 12:51 PM Super hot singer Celine Dion remains based in her native province atop the picturesque Laurentian Mountains, about a 45-minute drive from Montreal. The home emphasizes one of the most essential aspects in her life: water. Dion's first English album, Unison, is not only catching the ears of her English-speaking compatriots, but of those in the United States as well. The first single released domestically, Where Does My Heart Beat Now, soared into the top five of Billboard's Top 100 and Contemporary Adult surveys. "I have a swimming pool and how can you say," the French Canadian turns to her manager to translate the thought into English, "Whirlpool bath," she says with a laugh. "I love water, I'm always in my bath," Dion said in an interview. "It's true. My manager's always on the phone, and me, I'm always in the bath. One day a blue bath, the next a pink one." Dion cherishes the relaxing moments. There are very few because, at this point, she has only one desire. "It's a big, big dream and I know it's not for tomorrow," she said, "but I would love to be known everywhere, and sing everywhere and go as far as possible in my career and maybe one day sing in other languages." Archive: The Press-Courier (April 3, 1991) Thank you very muchVery nice article Quote www.thepoweroflove-celinedion.blogspot.com Quand je m'endors contre ton corpsAlors je n'ai plus de douteL'amour existe encore http://img158.imagevenue.com/loc127/th_464647807_Sansattendrebanner_122_127lo.jpg http://www.celinedionforum.com/Show-Celine-t48117.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Delles-design-t34725.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-t33243.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-vol-2-t34315.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-Our-Angel-t38063.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ign-t33011.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ol2-t38394.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celine-t36910.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celi...l-2-t45094.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Hi-Everyone...ign-t32799.html
Your_Su_Phu Posted March 30, 2012 at 03:27 PM Posted March 30, 2012 at 03:27 PM (edited) It's funny, Unison used to be my least favorite Celine album but now I think it's possibly the best album in her English career. I've found that non-fans generally feel the same. It's definitely her most youthful, fresh album, filled mostly with mid/uptempo numbers rather than ballads. It has the lowest budget of all of her English works and so isn't so slick or over-produced, and it has a genuine late 80's sound. Even the power ballads that are on the album have more of a rock sound than anything Celine has done since (moreso than Taking Chances, which tried but failed). She still belts it out, but her melismatics are also more toned down here. Edited March 30, 2012 at 03:32 PM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
SensationalCeline Posted March 30, 2012 at 03:41 PM Posted March 30, 2012 at 03:41 PM The VHS is amazing. I still can't believe she said bitchin' in it. LOL 1 Quote http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg280/spoiledrottenbrat4063/Celine%20Dion/CELINESIGGY.jpg
Bell Posted March 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM Posted March 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM It's funny, Unison used to be my least favorite Celine album but now I think it's possibly the best album in her English career.Almost the same with me. Maybe I just started to appreciate it more as time was passing by. Maybe not her best but deffinitely one of her strongest English albums. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Jeffieboi Posted March 31, 2012 at 10:44 PM Posted March 31, 2012 at 10:44 PM (edited) I kind of have a funny story with Unison. Although I had heard BATB and TPOL, it had never occured to me to persue the vocalist. When I heard IACBTMN, was when I became a fan and bought FIY. This was back in 1996. I was 12. Well I bought the album and fell in lurve with it!....but I thought that was her first album because I had never heard of her before that, and the internet was very new, lol!! Anyway... I went into Best Buy one day and saw that she had a "new album" called Unison. I seriously thought it was her 2nd album. I looked at the back of the album and couldn't believe how young she looked. I thought she looked much older on the cover of her "first album" FIY. I was really surprised with the sound because I thought she sounded completely different. I was dissapointed TBH....because I thought she sounded better on her "first album" (keep in mind at that time I thought FIY WAS her first album). After finding out the truth...it made a LOT more sense. All in all....I really like the album, and I pray that one day "Have A Heart" will be available on karaoke! Edited March 31, 2012 at 10:47 PM by Jeffieboi Quote
frana Posted April 2, 2012 at 07:22 PM Posted April 2, 2012 at 07:22 PM Céline and her first record in English, Unison, produced by David Foster in Los Angeles, Chris Neal in London and Andy Goldmark in New York; it sold over 100,000 copies in Canada ('Where Does My Heart Beat' ranked fourth on the Billboard magazine hit parade) and was released in 16 other countries including the US. Quote www.thepoweroflove-celinedion.blogspot.com Quand je m'endors contre ton corpsAlors je n'ai plus de douteL'amour existe encore http://img158.imagevenue.com/loc127/th_464647807_Sansattendrebanner_122_127lo.jpg http://www.celinedionforum.com/Show-Celine-t48117.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Delles-design-t34725.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-t33243.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-vol-2-t34315.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Celine-Our-Angel-t38063.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ign-t33011.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Taking-Chan...ol2-t38394.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celine-t36910.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Divine-Celi...l-2-t45094.htmlhttp://www.celinedionforum.com/Hi-Everyone...ign-t32799.html
celinemaniacaik Posted April 2, 2012 at 07:42 PM Posted April 2, 2012 at 07:42 PM The VHS is amazing. I still can't believe she said bitchin' in it. LOL Cud u send de link please!!!I loved this album!! For a first english album it was very good! Quote http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
Loup_garou Posted April 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM Posted April 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM Just found this paper on the whole ADISQ controversy for the anglophone award she refused to accept. I saw the video a long a time ago but haven't read anything extensive about it. It's one of my favorite Céline moments. Thought you might like it http://www.cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/article/view/1124/1031 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted April 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM Posted April 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM Just found this paper on the whole ADISQ controversy for the anglophone award she refused to accept. I saw the video a long a time ago but haven't read anything extensive about it. It's one of my favorite Céline moments. Thought you might like it http://www.cjc-onlin.../view/1124/1031Wow, complicated! She was so young and hadn't a clue. Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
chocolatechip15 Posted April 5, 2014 at 01:39 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 01:39 AM "I have a swimming pool and how can you say," the French Canadian turns to her manager to translate the thought into English, "Whirlpool bath," she says with a laugh. "I love water, I'm always in my bath," Dion said in an interview. "It's true. My manager's always on the phone, and me, I'm always in the bath. One day a blue bath, the next a pink one." This is hilarious!!! Rene's always on the phone, and she's always in the bath! LOL!! 3 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted April 5, 2014 at 01:41 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 01:41 AM Wow, complicated! She was so young and hadn't a clue. It's interesting -- in one of the French interviews from the last year or two, she basically admitted that she had refused the award b/c Rene advised her to, but she didn't understand it then- but that now, in her 40s, she did understand. Don't remember where she said it, though. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.