Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Oh, how I'd love a live rendition of "If We Could Start Over." That would be bliss.
  • Like 4
Posted

I love my argentinean Vinyl of "UNISONO" :wub: with the song titles translated into spanish.

 

This album is something special in her discography. Besides being extraordinary, it has such a different vibe! it's a gem!

  • Like 2
Posted
This album and Celine's look in the era are so cool.
  • Like 2
Posted
yesterday i was listening to unison whilst striding down the street in a bomber jacket...fur collar and DMs - i WAS the 80s haha.
  • Like 7
Posted

Wish Celine would sit down and listen to her albums. Then remember she has some absolute gems, then for one night only perform them!

 

Apparently she listens to her albums quite often, but is usually moved more by her French recordings than her English ones.

 

In fact, I remember that in an interview last year she mentioned she was really into 'D'elles' by that time, and she cried every time.

 

I remember she also said that the album had a short life; just a quickl TV special in Quebec amd they moved on to something else.

  • Like 1

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

Apparently she listens to her albums quite often, but is usually moved more by her French recordings than her English ones.

 

In fact, I remember that in an interview last year she mentioned she was really into 'D'elles' by that time, and she cried every time.

 

I remember she also said that the album had a short life; just a quickl TV special in Quebec amd they moved on to something else.

Yeah I think she said she never listens to her English albums, if I remember that interview correctly. It's somewhere in the forum!
  • Like 1
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

Apparently she listens to her albums quite often, but is usually moved more by her French recordings than her English ones.

 

In fact, I remember that in an interview last year she mentioned she was really into 'D'elles' by that time, and she cried every time.

 

I remember she also said that the album had a short life; just a quickl TV special in Quebec amd they moved on to something else.

 

Yeah, i remember her saying she'd listened to D'elles. What about the others though, especially the english ones. Think she should listen to Unison, CD, TCOML especially for new additions to the LV show, although there are "gems" on all of them!

Posted

Yeah, i remember her saying she'd listened to D'elles. What about the others though, especially the english ones. Think she should listen to Unison, CD, TCOML especially for new additions to the LV show, although there are "gems" on all of them!

 

Specially 'The Colour Of My Love'. That album has songs that would become orgasmic with such a huge orchestra. I can't believe they are letting this opportunity go...

  • Like 1

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
"I Feel Too Much" is such an underrated gem in Celine's repertoire. It would have fit nicely during the "Taking Chances World Tour." It's so upbeat and fresh. With the right modern arrangement, it really could work well in one of her concerts today. Heck, with some updated vocals and new instrumentation, it could even work well as a "new" single to radio these days!
  • Like 3
Posted

"I Feel Too Much" is such an underrated gem in Celine's repertoire. It would have fit nicely during the "Taking Chances World Tour." It's so upbeat and fresh. With the right modern arrangement, it really could work well in one of her concerts today. Heck, with some updated vocals and new instrumentation, it could even work well as a "new" single to radio these days!

 

Lots of songs could be done to fit either tour or LV w/orchestra. Look at what was done with A Cause. Two completely different arrangements and hardly any change to lyrics. They're always missing golden opportunities sadly.

  • Like 2
Posted
I love Unison...This is among her top albums! I love love this album, every song has a meaning and memory attached to it for me. ... and let's not forget it gave us "Where does my heart beat now"!!! :wub:
  • Like 1
Celine ~
Posted

"I Feel Too Much" is such an underrated gem in Celine's repertoire. It would have fit nicely during the "Taking Chances World Tour." It's so upbeat and fresh. With the right modern arrangement, it really could work well in one of her concerts today. Heck, with some updated vocals and new instrumentation, it could even work well as a "new" single to radio these days!

Amen to that!!!! This album is being revisited by me often and "I feel too much baby...all I want to do is think about you night and day..." :bow_arrow:
  • Like 4
Celine ~
Posted
i love as well her hairstyle from that time, also how sounded her voice but this album is not my favorite, when it came out in early nineties it sounded like it was too comercial, not enough personnal, but it's good material
Posted
i just accidently clicked on page 3 of this thread and found myself reading posts from 2008 where i was very much having some kind of hilarious spat with someone on here called 'walls do talk' who quite clearly had no sensce of humour. i thoroughly recommend a read - hahaha.
  • Like 3
Posted

I love this album... It's does have an 80's feel to it.... Which was just before my time but regardless I love it! I feel too much is a great track....

 

I think there is a nice transformation between unison and Celine Dion, an album I also have a big attachment to....

 

When I was about 12 I got the celine dion album and it took me about a year to listen to it fully, as I was still totally in love with falling into you... I then listened to TCOML ... Fell In love with it too but it was more ballads... I then got my hands on unison and it sounded so fresh and more uptempo... Unison remains in my top 5

 

Kev x

Posted

THE COLOUR OF MY LOOOOVEEEE!!!!!

 

 

hahahaha

stop it we cant discuss these things here. You have to write 500 words on the history of Unison.

Hilarious! :sofunny: What's that spell.................... Thanks for the laugh :)

Someone had their knickers in a wad!

  • Like 1
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted
"Unison" is one of my all-time favorite Celine Dion albums. I wish the songs from it were given more attention.
  • Like 3
Posted

"Unison" is one of my all-time favorite Celine Dion albums. I wish the songs from it were given more attention.

 

I wish she would revamp them at some point... Can't see this happening :/

 

Kev x

Posted

OMG I love this album (except I'm Loving Every Moment With You) :dash:

I'm also not a huge fan of the cover. There are some beautiful pictures from the photoshoot that would have been awesome for the cover and still make people stop and say "Who is this girl?"

 

I also was reading the first pages and seen where someone was talking about Incognito in English. I wonder if this song is in the Celine vault.

Posted (edited)

"Unison" is one of my all-time favorite Celine Dion albums. I wish the songs from it were given more attention.

I wish she would revamp them at some point... Can't see this happening :/

 

Kev x

We wish a lot............ :shy:

 

I became a fan with this album! I have followed her ever since. The voice brings you in then you discover this wonderful personality! :wub:

Edited by DionFanAlways
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

i used to not like the cover but now i love it and its actually one of my faves i think coz its so of its time....its the classic 'here i am', 'introducing' face shot that they did with mariah etc.... i now wanna find a vinyl of it (i already have one) but one to frame and have up on my wall coz i love it that much.

 

When i 1st got this album in 96...i got it symultaniously with celine dion, but they are sooo different - i instantly loved celine dion its still probably my favourite celine album ever....and unison i was like omg its so dated!!! but then when u get passed the 80s production there are some great songs and vocally shes amazing as per usssse. but again as its so much more in the past now, i feel like its ok to like it again and even think its cool u know? coz its sooo old. i revel in it! its unlike any other celine album in that way.

  • Like 1
Posted

i used to not like the cover but now i love it and its actually one of my faves i think coz its so of its time....its the classic 'here i am', 'introducing' face shot that they did with mariah etc.... i now wanna find a vinyl of it (i already have one) but one to frame and have up on my wall coz i love it that much.

 

When i 1st got this album in 96...i got it symultaniously with celine dion, but they are sooo different - i instantly loved celine dion its still probably my favourite celine album ever....and unison i was like omg its so dated!!! but then when u get passed the 80s production there are some great songs and vocally shes amazing as per usssse. but again as its so much more in the past now, i feel like its ok to like it again and even think its cool u know? coz its sooo old. i revel in it! its unlike any other celine album in that way.

 

I feel the exact same way. It's so cheesy and dated that it's awesome. In 1996 I wanted nothing to do with that late 80s early 90s sound but now I'm not ashamed anymoooooore.

  • Like 2
Posted
Unison is ALWAYS my go to album! Forever! I love everything about it!
Posted

It's all your fault, talking about this album... Now I'm listening to IWCSOA on repeat and (not too quietly) singing along.. and its 8:45AM on a saturday morning here :-D My neighbors must love me :wub:

 

This album is amazing! I haven't listened to it for a while and it's making me feel insanely happy (or maybe its the extra strong coffee i'm drinking...) :whee: And Unison with the rap B) so cool B)

  • Like 1
Posted
Unison marks the only period that Celine didn't come off as cheesy when singing ballads (WDMHBN is a masterpiece and there's an edge to it) and would also pull off some real dance cuts. She has had good up-tempos throughout her career but IMO the Unison remix with the rap part is by miles the best dance track she's ever recorded.
  • Like 3
Posted

i love as well her hairstyle from that time

Me too.

 

I love this album... It's does have an 80's feel to it....

I think there is a nice transformation between unison and Celine Dion, an album I also have a big attachment to....

 

+1

 

I'm also not a huge fan of the cover. There are some beautiful pictures from the photoshoot that would have been awesome for the cover and still make people stop and say "Who is this girl?"

 

I agree about this.

 

i used to not like the cover but now i love it and its actually one of my faves i think coz its so of its time....its the classic 'here i am', 'introducing' face shot that they did with mariah etc....

But Mariah's seems to be prettier...

16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Posted
Unison was a mix of songs I wish she preformed some more from the CD it's very good.
Posted

I've posted 37 pics from the photoshoot for this album here:

 

instagram.com/CDionSpain

  • Like 2

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...