Tal Posted July 16, 2007 at 03:16 PM Posted July 16, 2007 at 03:16 PM Could you people stop posting stuff about the ending!!! Jesus! If you want to post link, fine, but don't talk about what you read or mention anyone's name for godsake! Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
kathyc25 Posted July 16, 2007 at 03:24 PM Posted July 16, 2007 at 03:24 PM seriously! use the spoiler bars : Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Alice Posted July 17, 2007 at 08:17 AM Posted July 17, 2007 at 08:17 AM I just got spoiled! Well, not really... I mean kind of... /MAY BE A SPOILER/SPOILER! --Click here to view-- | --Cliquez ici pour voir--It's a surprise ending, let's say that That's what a guy working on the audio version of the book said. Of course, he didn't reveal anything...source: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/ Anyway, 3 days 13 hours 45 mins Quote
Shaun Posted July 17, 2007 at 10:30 AM Posted July 17, 2007 at 10:30 AM I'm taking my cousins to Alton Towers (theme park in the UK) this Friday and Saturday and as we are staying in one of their hotels on Friday night we get the new Harry Potter book delivered to our room, free of charge, at 1:00am on Saturday!! How cool is that?!? Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
kathyc25 Posted July 17, 2007 at 03:16 PM Posted July 17, 2007 at 03:16 PM Aw that IS cool Shaun! Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Alice Posted July 17, 2007 at 05:30 PM Posted July 17, 2007 at 05:30 PM OMG!!!!! It's just been on the news! The book has leaked on the internet and the speaker said who'll die and read the last paragraph of the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without a warning! I've nearly got totally spoiled! But I covered my ears and run out of the room just in time. Quote
Tal Posted July 17, 2007 at 06:02 PM Posted July 17, 2007 at 06:02 PM I cant believe that! Surely that guy has to be under some sort of contract by the publishing company that if he leaks the plot he'll get fined millions of dollars. I'm usually really into spoilers (for TV shows actually) but for this....I waited too long and invested too much time to cheat. I want to read the book in its entirety and actually enjoy it. Its about the ride people... Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Alice Posted July 17, 2007 at 06:12 PM Posted July 17, 2007 at 06:12 PM yeah, but the guy (the actor reading the audiobook) didn't reveal anything about the plot. the speaker on the news did, on the contrary. I wonder if it's against the law... Quote
Tal Posted July 17, 2007 at 06:39 PM Posted July 17, 2007 at 06:39 PM oh so someone leaked the audio version of the book? i thought the actor just told people who died. Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Alice Posted July 17, 2007 at 07:16 PM Posted July 17, 2007 at 07:16 PM no a paper version of the book leaked. you can download digital photos of the book (apparently someone doesn't have a scanner ) so, some polish journalists read it and now there are spoilers all over the news. the actor is a whole different story. he just expressed his opinion. Quote
Tal Posted July 17, 2007 at 07:42 PM Posted July 17, 2007 at 07:42 PM ohhh ok. well thats a shame, but it was bound to happen. i think ill avoid watching tv for the next few days incase i accidentaly hear a spoiler. Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Alice Posted July 18, 2007 at 07:31 AM Posted July 18, 2007 at 07:31 AM don't spoil us, or well hex you! from what I've read on th leaky cauldron site about their "pre-book policy", including the spoilers in the news was illegal indeed! they'll burn in hell. 2 days 14 hours 30 mins Quote
Tal Posted July 18, 2007 at 02:04 PM Posted July 18, 2007 at 02:04 PM I just finished re-reading book 6 last night. Cried for the last like 2 or 3 chapters I forgot so much about what happened there. R.A.B. and all that. I can't wait for book 7!! Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Alice Posted July 18, 2007 at 05:09 PM Posted July 18, 2007 at 05:09 PM When I reread books I often get the impression that I didn't forget some things, I simply hadn't even memorized them. I mean, the first reading of HP goes so fast, I tend not to notice some things. In book 6 everything that follows Dumbledore's death is just so sad :'w The beautiful weather makes it worse... I cried too, like a child The last days of waiting are unbearable Quote
samart Posted July 19, 2007 at 03:22 PM Posted July 19, 2007 at 03:22 PM Well, I saw the movie. Let's begin... First of all, the movie is very good!I thought it'd be much worse. Yes, I'm gald to admit that I was wrong. The only embarrassing thing is the length of the movie. Only 2 hours and 10 minutes!!! The fourth film was about 2.40. Now what about the movie particularly.I definitely do not like the beginning. They've changed the place, time & conditions of actions.Dementors seemed to me not as creepy as in the third film. And I didn't really understand what the place of the attack was. Some hall or pipe?...It's obvious that they tried to put in all important scenes but sometimes these moments were very short and I even couldn'tunderstand what just happened. Futhermore, it contains not many scenes with Luna! I really LOVE her and the actress is great as well.Wish it had had more funny moments with her. Anyway, all the actors are GREAT! That fierce duel at the end of the film is OUTSTANDING!By the way, I enjoyed music so much! All in all, DO NOT try to compare the book and the movie or you won't get enjoyment of watching this film at all.Yes, unbelievable amount of facts and scenes was missed but you can always find this facts in the book! P.s. Everyone who read it to the very end can be proud of him/herself. Sorry for my not perfect english. Forgot to say: Umbrige is perfect!!!!! and she looks exactly as my russian teacher and has the same manners!! Quote
Tal Posted July 19, 2007 at 03:31 PM Posted July 19, 2007 at 03:31 PM tooooooooooooooomorrow!tomorrow!!i love ya, tomorrow!you're only a daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy aaaaaaaaaaa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I'm picking it up tomorrow at midnight . I'm getting it from the publishing company's headquarters in NYC. They're gonna have a huge party where you can make your own wand and stuff! Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Alice Posted July 19, 2007 at 03:54 PM Posted July 19, 2007 at 03:54 PM OMG, that's so cool, Tal Make yourself a rosewood wand, with unicorn's hair Quote
Alice Posted July 19, 2007 at 04:11 PM Posted July 19, 2007 at 04:11 PM (edited) I can't wait to see it! The trailer looks fantastic.And, yes, the soundtrack is great. I love it. It's probably the first time that I listen to a soundtrack before actually watching a movie. I guess it'll be funny when I finally see it It's obvious that they tried to put in all important scenes but sometimes these moments were very short and I even couldn't understand what just happened. yep, in previous movies it was like that too. a scene ends, another one comes and suddenly you don't know where they are with the action but still, I love the movies Edited July 19, 2007 at 04:15 PM by Alice Quote
tativale Posted July 19, 2007 at 06:43 PM Posted July 19, 2007 at 06:43 PM whhoo I'll pick up mine at 8PM tomorrow - I hope lol - that's when they will start to sell the book here, I cannot wait!!!!!!!!! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
Mozinha Posted July 19, 2007 at 07:36 PM Author Posted July 19, 2007 at 07:36 PM I have to wait until saturday morning because they won't sell before. CAN'T WAIT!!! I have yet to finish rereading the 6th, Harry is now with Dumbledore on the cave. It's so scary! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png "And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"
Alice Posted July 19, 2007 at 08:01 PM Posted July 19, 2007 at 08:01 PM yeah, the cave's creepy! Quote
Tal Posted July 19, 2007 at 09:50 PM Posted July 19, 2007 at 09:50 PM OMG, that's so cool, Tal Make yourself a rosewood wand, with unicorn's hair Willow and unicorn hair orrrr pheonix feather....not sure which! Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Krys Posted July 19, 2007 at 10:45 PM Posted July 19, 2007 at 10:45 PM ommmmmmgggggggggg its tomorroooooooooow! Quote
Krys Posted July 19, 2007 at 10:48 PM Posted July 19, 2007 at 10:48 PM i loooooove Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange. she fits the role sooo perfectly. she's creepy Quote
Alice Posted July 20, 2007 at 06:09 AM Posted July 20, 2007 at 06:09 AM unicorn's more feminine I'm afraid my copy won't be delivered untill monday Quote
Krys Posted July 20, 2007 at 10:15 AM Posted July 20, 2007 at 10:15 AM i'll just go borrow it from someone who buys it early mum wouldnt lemme preorder it so... Quote
Alice Posted July 20, 2007 at 11:09 AM Posted July 20, 2007 at 11:09 AM While the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will close one chapter on her writing life, J.K. Rowling comments on what the future may bring for her. As for the future, she says she has no plans. "I can never write anything as popular again," she said. "Lightning does not strike in the same place twice." "I'll do exactly what I did with Harry — I'll write what I really want to write, and if it's something similar, that's OK, and if it's something very different, that's OK. "I just really want to fall in love with an idea again, and go with that." from: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/ only 11 hours!! those who aren't lucky enough to participate in any event, don't forget :http://www.bloomsbury.com/images/midnightreadbanner.jpg@ http://www.bloomsbury.com/ Quote
celinefanonline Posted July 20, 2007 at 11:24 AM Posted July 20, 2007 at 11:24 AM yeah just around 11 hours to go for NZ!!! i'll get it for sure after my work though like 3 pm 2moro...all good can't really wait to read it!!! Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
kathyc25 Posted July 20, 2007 at 01:05 PM Posted July 20, 2007 at 01:05 PM woo! Tonight!! Its going to be such a Harry Potter Day! I`m going to see the movie in an IMAX theatre ()and then I`m going to pick up my copy after! I can`t wait!!! Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Filine Posted July 20, 2007 at 01:19 PM Posted July 20, 2007 at 01:19 PM i loooooove Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange. she fits the role sooo perfectly. she's creepy I loved the movie but it's still a shame they only have 2 hours or so to put everything that happens in the book in there. But I think they managed get the most important stuff. It's a shame there's no time to go deeper into the personalities. People like Bellatrix Lestrange, Dolores Umbridge and Voldemort are much more hateful in the book. Also the scene in which Sirius dies, is way to short. Also the history of the prophecy and the significance of Sybil Trelawny and the link with Neville was totally left out.All in all I liked the movie very much! Quote http://www.celinedion.nl/pics/cindy/bannerza.jpg"They call my home the land of snow, Canadian cold front movin' in"
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.