Jump to content

Mariah Carey: Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
The radio version of ABMB by David Cook isn't the same live performance, is it? Edited by manuel morriso
http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted (edited)
The radio version of ABMB by David Cook isn't the same live performance, is it?

 

I have the studio version of David Cock's ABMB performance so I guess that's the radio version.

 

i only now saw this thread about mariah's new album....

 

i must say i was a fan of mariah before celine, and before mariah it was whitney houston. out of these three i must say mariah's career has beenthe best in terms of progress as an artist. as good as she is in writting her own music, she is also followin the trends very good. where as celine is at the moment lost in terms of the music she wants to sing. she is not a pop singer, not a rock not rnb, she is just stuck in no man's land as far as her music is concerned... i still like celine the best as she is really the best singer, has the bestr voice, and i also appreciate the way she is leading her personal life, not letting the career influence it, and not using it to promote herself a s a star...

 

about mariah's latest album, i must say i really like a couple of songs, like, touch my body, cruise control, migrate, and thanx 4 nothing... 4 great songs is quite enough for an album to be a good for me...

 

Good point

Edited by Nikosn17
Posted
David has a good voice but that song will always be Mimi's baby. :P
http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted (edited)
David has a good voice but that song will always be Mimi's baby. :P

 

True, although I would love to hear a duet performance of this song. I know it'll never happen but it sounds like a cool idea to me.

By the way Manuel, have you heard the re-sung remixes of ''Always Be My Baby''? I love them even more than the actual version.

Edited by Nikosn17
Posted
omg manuel. the siggy!LOL :lol:

 

 

absolute delight :P

Posted

Here we go again.

 

:sofunny: :sofunny:

 

I've run out of cookies but sausages are just as welcome!

 

:sofunny: :sofunny:

http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted
By the way Manuel, have you heard the re-sung remixes of ''Always Be My Baby''? I love them even more than the actual version.

 

Any links? :P

http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted (edited)
By the way Manuel, have you heard the re-sung remixes of ''Always Be My Baby''? I love them even more than the actual version.

 

Any links? :P

 

Well I just noticed that she re-sang it twice so I'll upload them for you in a moment. I have 11 ABMB remixes but I'll choose the best.

Edited by Nikosn17
Posted
Okay, Nikola.
http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted
Okay, Nikola.

 

Where do you know my real name from ? :huh: :w00t:

 

*i'm now uploading*

Posted
Where do you know my real name from ? :huh: :w00t:

From eating sausages. :sofunny:

 

No, seriously, I saw it on You Tube. You uploaded the "Happy To Meet You" video, right? :msn-wink:

http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted
omg NIKOLA is your real name? i thought ur name is NICOLAS? anyways thanks for the remixes. :)
Posted (edited)
Where do you know my real name from ? :huh: :w00t:

From eating sausages. :sofunny:

 

No, seriously, I saw it on You Tube. You uploaded the "Happy To Meet You" video, right? :msn-wink:

 

:laugh: Right ^_^

 

omg NIKOLA is your real name? i thought ur name is NICOLAS? anyways thanks for the remixes. :)

 

Someone told me that in some countrys NIKOlA is a name for girls (like in Poland if I'm not mistaken) and that is why I decided to write Nicolas... I had to change it a bit for people to know that I'm male. When I was in France 2 years ago they called me Nicolas and I thought it was nice and I write it on forums as my real name. But Nikola and Nicolas ... it's not such a big difference after all :whistling: .

 

 

By the way, tell me if you like the remixes.

Edited by Nikosn17
Posted
I like the Def Jam classic remix the best. Maybe bec. it reminds me of the Interlude song. :P
http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted
I like the Def Jam classic remix the best. Maybe bec. it reminds me of the Interlude song. :P

 

I believe they took the ''Daydream Interlude'' that is on the album from the long ''Fantasy'' remix. It's also re-sung and the interlude is only a small part from it if I'm not mistaken.

Posted
i heard those remixes, but not in their entirety (i haven't played my "The Remixes" cd in its entirety as well) since i bought it in 2004. not actually crazy about this song, but Nikos, if it ain't too much to ask u, do u have all the remixes of BYE BYE?
Posted (edited)
i heard those remixes, but not in their entirety (i haven't played my "The Remixes" cd in its entirety as well) since i bought it in 2004. not actually crazy about this song, but Nikos, if it ain't too much to ask u, do u have all the remixes of BYE BYE?

 

The only available ''Bye Bye'' remixes are the once with Jay-Z and the once with Lil Wayne and Ikon. There will be however a few more remixes which are still not available. I sent you a PM with the remixes. I don't want to post them for everybody cause it's a new song and I don't want to affect sales. They are without re-sung vocals. :confused: I don't like them actually.

Edited by Nikosn17
Posted

thanks for the link. but yeah they are so damn boring. :sick:

 

i wish they'll recycle IBLULT as well.

Posted

OMFG!!!! Manuel, your siggy :shocking: :drool:

 

Dhena, it's good that they re-released the album... but instead of importing it I'll wait for the Platinum or Ultra-Platinum edition which is supposedly in the re-release plans by IDJ when the tour starts :hmm:

 

Nikola (I still prefer calling you Nik ;) ), thanks for the ABMB remix... I didn't have the non-rap one ^_^

Posted
Grammys Midway: Is this Mariah Carey's year?

Todd Martens of the LA Times Blogs gives a look at some of the more notable releases of late 2007 and the first half of 2008, and how they may fare come Grammy time. Below is his write-up for Mariah's E=MC²:

 

Mariah Carey, "E=MC2." The pop diva's follow-up to the Grammy-adored "Emancipation of Mimi."

 

Grammy possibilities: Carey's "Mimi" marked a huge comeback for the artist, a much-needed return to form after the commercial/critical disappointments that were "Glitter" and "Charmbracelet." Recording Academy voters were apparently delighted that the megastar rebounded, and responded by awarding Carey 8 Grammy nominations, including album of the year. "E=MC2" closely follows the "Mimi" template, and at times feels like a track-by-track response (substitute "It's Like That" for "Migrate"), but audiences don't seem to mind. The album is still in the top 25 on U.S. pop charts two months after its release, and the album has already spawned two hit singles in "Touch My Body" and "Bye Bye." Carey will undoubtedly be awarded with a bevy of Grammy nominations, but don't bet on "E=MC2" scoring as many as "Mimi," and it likely won't be a favorite for an album of the year nod. It too closely sticks to the "Mimi" template.

 

Grammy deserving: Does it really matter? One of the best-selling artists of all time, Carey is more than critic-proof, and "E=MC2" likely didn't do anything to change anyone's mind about the singer. It's finely-produced dance-pop crafted by an assortment of the industry's highest-paid producers, and the strongest tracks are worthy representations of mainstream trends. But as a whole, "E=MC2" is responding to pop fashions rather than defining them.

Source: Los Angeles Times

 

Why they continue to say that E=MC2 is a copy of TEOM? I think they are completely different. TEOM basicly had 1 strong song (WBT) and that doesn't mean the whole album is amazing whereas E=MC2 has at least 10 strong song but doesn't have a strongest one.

I guess she won't recieve a Grammy award for this album which is shame cause it's better than TEOM.

Grammys doesn't like Mariah and that's a fact. Remember 1996? She had 6 nominies and won 0. Coldplay will probably win Album of the year, Duffy will win Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. They are just so predictable. Alicia Keys of course will win 10 billion Grammys cause they always give their awards to people which music reminds them of 60's, 70's and 80's (Amy Winehouse? )... when the old people at the Grammys were young.

Posted
OMFG!!!! Manuel, your siggy :shocking: :drool:

What's up? Eyes on the holy message and not on the holy pic. :laugh:

 

Anyway, I think Nikola is right about his Grammy prediction. Celine herself was a Grammy favorite back in the 90's but it was downhill after that. :glare: Who knows, Whitney might get some recognition for her so-called comeback album. :doh:

http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted
Why they continue to say that E=MC2 is a copy of TEOM? I think they are completely different. TEOM basicly had 1 strong song (WBT) and that doesn't mean the whole album is amazing whereas E=MC2 has at least 10 strong song but doesn't have a strongest one.

I guess she won't recieve a Grammy award for this album which is shame cause it's better than TEOM.

Grammys doesn't like Mariah and that's a fact. Remember 1996? She had 6 nominies and won 0. Coldplay will probably win Album of the year, Duffy will win Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. They are just so predictable. Alicia Keys of course will win 10 billion Grammys cause they always give their awards to people which music reminds them of 60's, 70's and 80's (Amy Winehouse? )... when the old people at the Grammys were young.

i had a change of heart, and now i can safely agree with u that E=MC2 is way better than TEOM.

 

about the Grammys, your post really makes me think now. Ms. Keys, Ms. Winehouse and Mr. Hancock are Grammys favorites, so obviously, Mimi or even Celine should try to sound 70's to win the hearts of the judges. Duffy's sound is very Amy, so it doesn't take a genious to predict that she might bring home a couple of Grammy trophies. :sick: :sick:

Posted
I just can't stand Duffy. Very irritating voice.
http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted
I don't watch Grammy for many years, unless there is Celine.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
Exactly, I'm glad you guys agree with me and also noticed that they always give their awards to artists with old-school sound that is why I think Duffy will get some awards.
Posted
OMFG!!!! Manuel, your siggy :shocking: :drool:

What's up? Eyes on the holy message and not on the holy pic. :laugh:

 

Anyway, I think Nikola is right about his Grammy prediction. Celine herself was a Grammy favorite back in the 90's but it was downhill after that. :glare: Who knows, Whitney might get some recognition for her so-called comeback album. :doh:

 

Whitney won't have a chance for the Grammy Awards 2009 cause her album is set to be released in October/November (which I doubt) and I think Grammys count music released before September or something like that... so eventually it will be for Grammys 2010.

Posted (edited)

Some updates:

Mariah on the cover of ''Elle''

 

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9531/78592686ng6.jpg

 

I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time Reviews

 

Pitchfork Reviews "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time"

Video: Mariah Carey [ft. T.I.]: "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time"

In which Mariah Carey rides a dolphin and looks good doing it. The song's laidback beat, syncopated piano, occasional ascending strings, and pleasant T.I. verse make "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time" a pretty perfect roller rink jam, and that's not even mentioning the fact that Carey hilariously makes a catchy chorus out of a reference to the "me so horny" line from Full Metal Jacket. At the very least, it's a nice breather in between repeat listens of "Love in This Club".

Source: Pitchfork Media

 

FMQB's Burke Reviews "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time"

 

BURKE'S BEST BET

MARIAH CAREY

"I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time"

(Island/IDJMG)

 

Summertime is here and MC is heating things up again with her third single from, E=MC2. The tempo-driven "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time" was a track that we first picked when we heard the album and it's even better now with the addition of a new re-mix featuring Hip-Hop star T.I. It's a total "groove record" whose retro feel is a breath of fresh air for a format that often puts more emphasis on beats and not necessarily melody. This MC track has both and is sure to connect with MC's core fans and beyond. BET ON IT!

Source: Bob Burke - FMQB

 

 

 

+

 

Mariah is the first thing you'll see when you go to www.mtv.com

 

+

 

MTV will be playing the song on every hour next week.

 

Mariah Earns 'Most Increased Plays' at Urban

From Radio & Records:

Mariah Carey earns Most Increased Plays with the third single from E=MC², as "I'll Be Lovin' You Long Time" debuts at No. 38. The song, featured in the Adam Sandler flick "You Don't Mess With the Zohan," grows by 365 spins and becomes her 31st chart hit. Among women, only Mary J. Blige has more in the Urban tally's 15-year history (39).

 

MARIAH CAREY - I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time (Island/IDJMG) +365

Stations playing:

WZHT +27, WGZB +23, WAMO +19, WDHT +19, WQOK +18, KBFB +14, WWPR +14, WZFX +13, WRBJ +12, KOPW +12

 

Note: Radio & Records Airplay Charts figures are based on preliminary data for the week ending Sunday, July 6th. It should be noted that the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay chart uses a Wednesday-Tuesday airplay week, while this report uses a Monday-Sunday week. Official Billboard chart positions will be published later this week.

Source: Radio&Records | MariahDailyJournal

 

:flowers:

Edited by Nikosn17
Posted

Nice 1.3M jupm for ''I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time''

 

Audience Impressions:

 

7/7/2008 12.912

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...