CelineFanInSoCal Posted March 1, 2009 at 11:53 PM Posted March 1, 2009 at 11:53 PM Great to read everyone's reviews, memories and thoughts... so weird to think the tour is over now. As for what she was singing during the show that everyone's referring to as the "Omaha Song", it's actually from a song called "Life In A Northern Town"... see here: Or, if you're using iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...60&s=143441 or just search for "Life In A Northern Town"; the most well known recording is by The Dream Academy. There's a few other vids online to watch, too. She kinda took the song and added some "Omaha-ness" to it. LOL Now we get to look forward to the DVD!!! Thanks again to everyone who shared so much... Quote
CelineDionFan710 Posted March 1, 2009 at 11:53 PM Posted March 1, 2009 at 11:53 PM Yep thats what she says. I cant believe that it is over. i already miss her and im waiting to go home. been in omaha for the past three days. now going home now!!!!!!!! Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
fab Posted March 2, 2009 at 12:36 AM Posted March 2, 2009 at 12:36 AM I have do some capture from the show http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020...6346&ref=mf Quote http://www.pixenli.com/images/mini/1300306790033470900.pngFabricee-clinedion
manatee78 Posted March 2, 2009 at 01:36 AM Posted March 2, 2009 at 01:36 AM One thing is for sure I"m going to miss is watching her plane come and go, and to make sure she got home ok. Do you work for an airport? Quote
Edwin Posted March 2, 2009 at 03:43 AM Author Posted March 2, 2009 at 03:43 AM I already posted some of these links, but these are all the videos I took. I don't have any more. I Drove All Nighthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBCxhQ79LCY Welcome Speechhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdow3xqLN-Y Taking Chances Incompletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryFPYVQn62U Eyes on Mehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijSXjZAiU1c All By Myselfhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiOVgqcpG8w I'm Alivehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9fzD2tf1Lg Shadow of Lovehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEIz3ugOgtg Fade Awayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN7z7xB4Nw8 Ay-O-ma-ma-hahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYRibhZ59DA Quote
TEREFUNKEN Posted March 2, 2009 at 04:31 AM Posted March 2, 2009 at 04:31 AM HEY HEY HEY...its not over YET how about JUNO AWARDS?... http://www.celinedionforum.com/index.php?s...=40106&st=0 MARCH 29/09....VANCOUVER VOTE NOW! www.junos.ctv.ca HUGS TERE Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img853/7437/dionunfinishedsong.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
huskerz2 Posted March 2, 2009 at 04:42 AM Posted March 2, 2009 at 04:42 AM I was the winner of the Meet and Greet for last nights show in Omaha. I'm not sure I can put this into words but I will try. Around 8:10 Patrick (Rene's) son came and got me from my seat. I was getting a bit nervous because they had told me to be in me seat at 7:30 so panic was setting in He asked in anyone was with me and so my friend also got to go. We were taken backstage into a room of about 16 other people. All there for various reasons. Four Omaha police officers were also invited backstage before the show. We waited quite awhile and were apologized to several times. (I could not believe they were apologizing when I was going to meet Celine)? They told us she was doing some kind of recording I don't know exactly what but I know they were running way behind schedule. We also heard from the police officers that traffic was still backed up outside the Qwest fro 10 blocks. I think this also made them delay the start time? Anyway she entered the room in her opening dress and everyone applauded for her. We then took turns taking a picture but had no time for questions. She did ask one of the officers how much their belts weighed? They told her about 20 pounds and she said that's more then me We were the last ones to take a picture and she left very quickly. She was just gorgeous in full make-up and glitter all over her body! It was very surreal standing there with my arm around Celine Dion. Can't wait to see the picture which they will send to me. when we left the room an our way back to our seats all the dancer were in the hallway hugging each other before the show. We got back to our seats just in time for the show to start and it was AWESOME! Thanks Celine....you are a most gracious lady. I am so happy for you that you got to experience that! Celine is so fantastic and wonderful and to be able to see her face to face is the most special feeling There are always a lot of people back there so no one EVER gets an autograph. Too bad you didn't. xx Britt PS: If you recall, I was the one asking Patrick if I could go back to say hi... and he left it up to you... and you said NO. I would have said yes... all of us would have I really didn't think it was up to me to decide who got to go back stage. Patrick should have been the one making this decision. I didn't know I was going to be able to take anyone with me? When he asked if I had anyone with me and that they could go I was surprised. Also considering I had 5 other friends who had traveled with me to the show and I wasn't taking them because they were sitting in a different place (because the Team Celine presale would only let you get 2 tickets) therefore I didn't think I should take you. Sounds like all of you had a great time and also had your Celine moment Thanks for traveling to Omaha huskerz2 Quote
roubaix Posted March 2, 2009 at 05:00 AM Posted March 2, 2009 at 05:00 AM I already posted some of these links, but these are all the videos I took. I don't have any more. I Drove All Nighthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBCxhQ79LCY Welcome Speechhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdow3xqLN-Y Taking Chances Incompletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryFPYVQn62U Eyes on Mehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijSXjZAiU1c All By Myselfhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiOVgqcpG8w I'm Alivehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9fzD2tf1Lg Shadow of Lovehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEIz3ugOgtg Fade Awayhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN7z7xB4Nw8 Ay-O-ma-ma-hahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYRibhZ59DA Thanks for all the vids Edwin, I was a few rows back and I saw you in action, LOL! Quote http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
roubaix Posted March 2, 2009 at 05:01 AM Posted March 2, 2009 at 05:01 AM Who was going around handing out the balloons? Quote http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
revenantmedia Posted March 2, 2009 at 07:48 AM Posted March 2, 2009 at 07:48 AM my videos of the show will be here; http://www.youtube.com/revenantmedia00 my photos of the show will be here; http://www.revenantmedia.com I hope you all enjoy them when they're all uploaded! What a wonderful show. I've been waiting 16 years to see Celine live and that show was truely the most amazing i've ever seen. Quote
Lizzy Posted March 2, 2009 at 01:41 PM Posted March 2, 2009 at 01:41 PM the OMAHA song...rehearsed or not???? after watching this video i'm leaning towards no...it sounds and feels just so spontaneous. pure Celineness at its best I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!! That`s what I thought too and i totally agree wirh you Simly the best Quote
celineangel7 Posted March 2, 2009 at 02:32 PM Posted March 2, 2009 at 02:32 PM What happened with the Celine balloon thing did it work? I understand some of you are sad, but don't cry. We have plenty to be happy about. There reviews, pics, Youtube, and this tour might not have happened, but Celine wanted to give back to us, when we thought she was going to take time off. Then we hear she is going to take such a short break and for crying out loud another Las Vegas show the woman never stops. She loves us that much. Then we are getting a double dvd of the concert and those who could not see her or have never seen her will get to enjoy this big time! I honestly thought it would be another 3-5 years before she toured again.Some have waited out the 10 years and missed Las Vegas, so that is one benfit to having her back on the road. Hopefully other countries and South America will get their time eventually. I really hope she doesn't suffer from overworking herself.I'm glad to hear we were represented well and I wish some day to meet some of you lucky fun ladies! Some more forum members should come up to Minnesota and join me next time. I was the ONLY person who stayed and waited for Celine to arrive. I thought there would be many fans out there, but it was very cold. "Will freeze for Celine" should have been my motto for that day! I hate the cold so I was very brave and very numb almost wanting to cry my skin was red. I also got the radio station to take pics of my Celine sweater and sign. Too bad I didn't find them anywhere. So we're spoiled fans and need to just be patient once she takes her break and think of all we have been blessed with. Thank you Celine!!! <3 Quote * December 18, 2008. 1st time ever in front row for a concert and it was with my idol Celine! Dream #1 accomplished. While singing a ballad the only time Celine looked at me was the time I had my sign up luckily! She stretched out her arm palm faced up while singing with even more emotion in her eyes when she saw it, so it seemed like it was just for me at that moment.Dream #2 accomplished with the extra bonus! She came and left on my side. I went out 1 row, held up my sign and she stopped, held it herself,and just looked at it with an awe expression on her face, stunned and amazed when she saw all the glitter!She looked me in the eyes with those beautiful brown eyes of hers she was tuned into me at that moment and didn't look away, again her looking so emotional as I said with a sincere look on my face to her "It took me 5 hours to make this." (could have been more not sure)She looked down and away very touched like maybe she wanted to cry then she HUGGED me!!!She held me for more than just a moment She really took her time! I said to her while about to cry from the hug, "I love you so much!" Then that was it I don't think she said a word to me. I was crying and saying omg all night with my heart racing and my mind in SHOCK from the unexpected hug and my eyes so sore from crying. I was ready to drop when I got home, but was so emotional I stayed up until 6:30 a.m.! Cried a little for a few days after. Sign and front row seat saved the day!Dream #3 accomplished... Me at :13 NOT my video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L62QJoUgN80
KimboCosmo Posted March 2, 2009 at 05:30 PM Posted March 2, 2009 at 05:30 PM One thing is for sure I"m going to miss is watching her plane come and go, and to make sure she got home ok. Do you work for an airport?You can still do that... Just because the tour is over, doesn't mean she isn't going to ever fly again. LOL...she'll be going back to Vegas and Florida all the time, I'm sure! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
stevethefan Posted March 2, 2009 at 05:35 PM Posted March 2, 2009 at 05:35 PM One thing is for sure I"m going to miss is watching her plane come and go, and to make sure she got home ok. Do you work for an airport?You can still do that... Just because the tour is over, doesn't mean she isn't going to ever fly again. LOL...she'll be going back to Vegas and Florida all the time, I'm sure! And to visit MOI of course! It's a must visit. Quote
CelineDionFan710 Posted March 2, 2009 at 07:10 PM Posted March 2, 2009 at 07:10 PM thats tyrue. She is going to be in vegas. but still it was a little sad! Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
hellmeister Posted March 2, 2009 at 09:27 PM Posted March 2, 2009 at 09:27 PM Who was going around handing out the balloons? That was me [brittany], Chelsey, Chelsea, Kimberly, Katelyn, Jen.... um... lots of us!!! it was fantastic She saw them as she turned and sang her last note of MHWGO and I am sure that it was a great surprise for her!! Quote
Koolan Posted March 2, 2009 at 09:42 PM Posted March 2, 2009 at 09:42 PM What were the reactions from some of the people when you ladies handed out the balloons? Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
roubaix Posted March 2, 2009 at 09:47 PM Posted March 2, 2009 at 09:47 PM Who was going around handing out the balloons? That was me [brittany], Chelsey, Chelsea, Kimberly, Katelyn, Jen.... um... lots of us!!! it was fantastic She saw them as she turned and sang her last note of MHWGO and I am sure that it was a great surprise for her!! Well Brittany, it was nice to meet you even though we didn't know each other, LOL. The balloons were a great idea and I loved it. I think everyone did. Quote http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
nuts2you Posted March 2, 2009 at 10:21 PM Posted March 2, 2009 at 10:21 PM Alright, here are some hilarious videos from the afterparty. Jello Shots:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9pbXA242I...re=channel_page Singing Taking Chances:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJDC_nGSHEs...re=channel_page Singing IACBTMN:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgg-eb6qTzw...re=channel_page The Lobby:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgg-eb6qTzw...re=channel_page Celine would be soooo proud!!! Hope you all enjoy.Italian_Celine_copycat_site!! Thanks for the detailed review, Katelyn and Britt. You know those jello shots would be great and everything else would be great in LV. u know. With OUR GIRL. CELINE.do I smell a party. Quote
Lucie Posted March 2, 2009 at 11:07 PM Posted March 2, 2009 at 11:07 PM Did anyone record Celine walking out on the big screen? I'm searching like crazy to find it! If you have, can you post, please? Thanks! I've been searching too, can't find it!! I hope someone got it!! me toooooooooooo. is it because we were all trying to catch her at the end, no one videoed it?? it was fun to see the balloons from the 100 levels, some people blew them up right away and held onto them for the whole concert! it was cute!! Quote facebook // twitter
celinesbabeinchrist Posted March 3, 2009 at 12:11 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 12:11 AM I love watching the videos!! Vegas here we all come!!! Quote
jmm29 Posted March 3, 2009 at 12:57 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 12:57 AM Did anyone record Celine walking out on the big screen? I'm searching like crazy to find it! If you have, can you post, please? Thanks! I've been searching too, can't find it!! I hope someone got it!! me toooooooooooo. is it because we were all trying to catch her at the end, no one videoed it?? it was fun to see the balloons from the 100 levels, some people blew them up right away and held onto them for the whole concert! it was cute!! I think so Quote Jennifer
jmm29 Posted March 3, 2009 at 01:16 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 01:16 AM I take it back... I found this one!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ZsBhxjf0c...feature=channel You can see our whole group Quote Jennifer
JCeline85 Posted March 3, 2009 at 03:26 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 03:26 AM Ok... so i'm back from Vacation and now i can write my review!! Well everyone here has pretty much said it all and there isn't much i can add that would be any different than what others have already said. So.... Wednesday night i met up with Edwin and James and we were up until 3a.m making posters for Thursday. It was a lot of fun and really cool to hang out with the two of you and get creative for Celine Edwin and I circled the qwest center a few times trying to scope out the entrance. After a long night of poster making, (my poster made it on the news "A New Day Has Come To Omaha, Have A Great Show"), Thursday arrived and it all seemed to go by soooo fast. We all met at the qwest center around 5:15 and it was freezing coolllddd. We were met there by fox news and they interviewed everyone and as you all saw, the forum got a GREAT spot in the Omaha news. After the reporter finished interviewing we all ran outside to the back of the arena where by this time it was extremely windy and freezing. We kept getting told by the arena guards to move away from the back and that we couldn't stand where we were at and we had to keep walking.. we all stood as a group and sang Taking Chances outside and then the Omaha Police showed up telling us that if we didn't move we were subject to arrest.. so well we kind of slowly (hahaha) migrated to another sidewalk and then we were greeted again by another news station who was doing a story on Ticketmaster or something and then off in the distance a police car and two black SUV's approached. Celine's car drove by and Rene and Celine were both waving at us and they didn't have time to stop, but well at least they waived. So after freezing i went with my mom to dinner and we then made it to the qwest center. Downtown Omaha was crazy, and i've lived here for awhile now and have NEVER seen so many people trying to get to the qwest center. This was a HUGE event. After parking two miles away we walked to the qwest center and found our seats, 7th row floor center!! They were amazing. Gordie Brown came on at 8 as usual and did his normal set, mentioning at first "this is the last one baby". Then around 8:40 he was done and they started to prepare for Celine. Everyone waited.. and waited.. and the production crew kept trying to get people to get excited, which worked.. because then around 9:20pm the lights went down and the opening video started!! I was able to see Celine walk by us and then entered the stage. The energy and excitement from everyone around us was unbelievable. I have seen a lot of bootlegs and been to a lot of other artists shows, and this was by far the most energetic audience i have ever been in. Then Celine appeared and as the screens rose she had her eyes closed with a nervous/excited look on her face. IDAN was AMAZING!!! So full of energy and i don't think i have ever screamed so loud in my life. Then after TPOL she spoke mentioning that "tonight is bitter sweet" talking about it being the last show, but it was a time to move on and that she was sad and then of course her usual mama Dion, Rene Charles, thank you for being here speech. Taking chances was amazing! It was only the 2nd time i had heard the song live, but it made me cry. The rest of the show was just unbelievable. All of the songs seemed to be sang live, no playbacks were used, or at least that i could tell. I LOVED the Ay Oma ma ma ma ay Oohh song! Celine was so generous excepting gifts from fans and she spent a lot of time talking to us. I had two ladies next to me who had never seen Celine before and had no idea what to expect and after ABM i asked their opinion and they were speechless!! (i except to see them on forum soon haha). The rest of teh show was just great and everything i could've hoped for and more. However, the best was saved for last!! Celine sang MHWGO and during the opening video i knew i had to get close to her somehow so me and my mom left our seats to go to the exit and we watched from there. Rene was standing right behind me and i smiled and waived and i dont think he noticed me, but well i saw him so that was cool. Then in the last verse of MHWGO Celine began to cry and she spotted all of the fans with balloons (yes guys, the balloon thing was a GREAT idea, and from where i was standing I could spot balloons throughout most of the main floor and lower bowl. As Celine circled the stage for the final moments of the song, she looked out and just started crying, she did not even finish MHWGO and simply said (while crying) "Thank you so much, good night" (or something like that). She stood on stage and hugged her band/dancers crew. Rene was receiving hugs from people and the entire room was filled with so much love, it brought a tear to my eye. She then again started singing the Ay oma ma mah song and then disappeared under the stage. I stood right at the exit of the arena where she leaves the floor **THIS NEXT PART MADE MY YEAR!!!!** as i watched the dancers and band leave i shouted Barnev and got a great picture of him walking right by me then i saw Celine not far behind him.. walking along shaking hands, telling everyone goodbye, and then well i froze and put my hand out and as she walked by me i yelled "Celine!" and she looked me in the eye and took my hand so gently and just smiled. It only lasted 5 seconds, but it felt like 5 minutes. I tried to get a picture but it turned out of focus. It meant so much to me to be able to have a special moment with her. Celine has been my "angel" and has been someone who i idolize very much and her music and A New Day show, and this tour have helped me through some very difficult times in my life. I am still in disbelief that she actually looked at ME and shook MY hand. Awee!! All in all it was a great evening, the most memorable Celine experience i will ever have, and a special night for me and my mom. She took my to my first Celine Concert in 1999 and that's when i became a fan. So ten years later we had a 10 year Celine event. I took lots of great pictures and got some good videos which i will get posted here as soon as i get them uploaded to my computer. Thank you Celine for all that you do and know that your fans truly love you!!!!!!! Quote The Wait Is Over?
hazard211 Posted March 3, 2009 at 03:46 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 03:46 AM What were the reactions from some of the people when you ladies handed out the balloons? When i was handing them out people were very interested and some didnt even know this was her last show. I think some people didnt want to do it from what i heard from someone else handing them out. Overall most people were glad to do it. Quote http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/aajdd1452/Celine-Dion-ps18.jpgPhenomenal Woman
CelineDionFan710 Posted March 3, 2009 at 04:38 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 04:38 AM thats kool. i saw that! balloons! Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
MJaque Posted March 3, 2009 at 06:07 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 06:07 AM I am so happy for everybody who had chance to touch Celine...I was just screaming and crying, while some man told me to Shut up! can you imagine that? SO I changed my spot. It was a dream, still I can't believe! I was crying, but also I dance a lot during River deep MOuntain high....she is awesome....I love you Celine... Quote
reamary Posted March 3, 2009 at 07:27 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 07:27 AM One thing is for sure I"m going to miss is watching her plane come and go, and to make sure she got home ok. I've always been wondering, where can you follow her plane come and go?? Is there some special site online or is it through Team Céline? I'm just curious to know, cause there are always people talking about it, and cause I would've liked to do that as well! Quote http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpgHELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !
revenantmedia Posted March 3, 2009 at 07:43 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 07:43 AM the video I got of the Omaha song and Ms Dion chatting with ya'll from here on the forum Quote
Jacqui Posted March 3, 2009 at 09:57 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 09:57 AM Is she even using the plane anymore? Because I thought she hired it for the tour or something? And if she's not flying frequently there may be no point in keeping it... Besides, she was meant to go on holidays to an Island somewhere, today, and her plane didn't go anywhere... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.