VintageCeline Posted March 3, 2009 at 11:43 AM Posted March 3, 2009 at 11:43 AM Great to read everyone's reviews, memories and thoughts... so weird to think the tour is over now. As for what she was singing during the show that everyone's referring to as the "Omaha Song", it's actually from a song called "Life In A Northern Town"... see here: Or, if you're using iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...60&s=143441 or just search for "Life In A Northern Town"; the most well known recording is by The Dream Academy. There's a few other vids online to watch, too. She kinda took the song and added some "Omaha-ness" to it. LOL Now we get to look forward to the DVD!!! Thanks again to everyone who shared so much... Also, I think "Dario G - Sunchyme" has sampled the Dream Academy track... I LOVE the Dario G song, As soon as I heard Celine sing the Omaha song, I knew what it sounded like... x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
buckeyefan Posted March 3, 2009 at 06:16 PM Posted March 3, 2009 at 06:16 PM Is she even using the plane anymore? Because I thought she hired it for the tour or something? And if she's not flying frequently there may be no point in keeping it... Besides, she was meant to go on holidays to an Island somewhere, today, and her plane didn't go anywhere...Celine owns the plane. Both Celine and Oprah bought the same plane model at $45,000,000 each. Quote
Thomas Posted March 3, 2009 at 07:04 PM Posted March 3, 2009 at 07:04 PM Are you sure? I remember an interview with the Canadian press from last year where Rene talked about how he hired the jet long term. Quote
Edwin Posted March 3, 2009 at 07:19 PM Author Posted March 3, 2009 at 07:19 PM Holy crap, it ended here I still feel incredibly elated at the magic of it all. I may just end up holding on to the buzz til 2011 after all Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted March 3, 2009 at 07:50 PM Posted March 3, 2009 at 07:50 PM Yeah it was hired/leased long term, but I think Celine and Rene recently bought it..... maybe I'm wrong though. Darren. Quote
Bellamy Posted March 3, 2009 at 08:55 PM Posted March 3, 2009 at 08:55 PM Don't post how to track her personal flight. Give her some privacy during her break. Thanks. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
hazard211 Posted March 3, 2009 at 09:20 PM Posted March 3, 2009 at 09:20 PM VESEY AIR LLCDANBURY, CT(Corporation) <- this is whats showing for registration.. If she owned it wouldn't this be changed to Rene's company or something?? Quote http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/aajdd1452/Celine-Dion-ps18.jpgPhenomenal Woman
TEREFUNKEN Posted March 4, 2009 at 01:09 AM Posted March 4, 2009 at 01:09 AM Don't post how to track her personal flight. Give her some privacy during her break. Thanks. Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img853/7437/dionunfinishedsong.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
buckeyefan Posted March 4, 2009 at 02:32 AM Posted March 4, 2009 at 02:32 AM Are you sure? I remember an interview with the Canadian press from last year where Rene talked about how he hired the jet long term. I got the info from this article. Owner: Celine Dion, Oprah Winfrey Small and super-fast, the Bombardier BD-700 Global Express is the perfect vessel for whizzing VIPs from one glamorous event to another on a different coast. Despite only being able to hold 19 well-heeled passengers, the jet can fly from one side of the world to the other with just one stop, and is often modified for military missions because of its stealthy nature. Unable to resist the power this jet brings, Celine Dion and Oprah Winfrey forked out $45 million each for their very own. Inside her own two-engine craft, Celine enjoys all the comforts afforded to a real-life queen, with buttery recliner-style leather seats, an on-board throne (lavatory), a workstation equipped with computer, wireless internet, telephone, fax and printer, and an interactive in-flight entertainment system where she can play her very own albums to anyone who’ll listen. Meanwhile, satellite TV ensures that Oprah doesn’t miss a moment of her own show. While it may not be the biggest, the Bombardier BD-700 Global Express XRS proves once and for all that size really doesn’t matter. Quote
Koolan Posted March 4, 2009 at 02:33 AM Posted March 4, 2009 at 02:33 AM the video I got of the Omaha song and Ms Dion chatting with ya'll from here on the forum Thank you!! Great view on the videos. I'm waiting for It's a Man's World. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Shesings2me Posted March 4, 2009 at 05:38 AM Posted March 4, 2009 at 05:38 AM I was the winner of the Meet and Greet for last nights show in Omaha. I'm not sure I can put this into words but I will try. Around 8:10 Patrick (Rene's) son came and got me from my seat. I was getting a bit nervous because they had told me to be in me seat at 7:30 so panic was setting in He asked in anyone was with me and so my friend also got to go. We were taken backstage into a room of about 16 other people. All there for various reasons. Four Omaha police officers were also invited backstage before the show. We waited quite awhile and were apologized to several times. (I could not believe they were apologizing when I was going to meet Celine)? They told us she was doing some kind of recording I don't know exactly what but I know they were running way behind schedule. We also heard from the police officers that traffic was still backed up outside the Qwest fro 10 blocks. I think this also made them delay the start time? Anyway she entered the room in her opening dress and everyone applauded for her. We then took turns taking a picture but had no time for questions. She did ask one of the officers how much their belts weighed? They told her about 20 pounds and she said that's more then me We were the last ones to take a picture and she left very quickly. She was just gorgeous in full make-up and glitter all over her body! It was very surreal standing there with my arm around Celine Dion. Can't wait to see the picture which they will send to me. when we left the room an our way back to our seats all the dancer were in the hallway hugging each other before the show. We got back to our seats just in time for the show to start and it was AWESOME! Thanks Celine....you are a most gracious lady. I am so happy for you that you got to experience that! Celine is so fantastic and wonderful and to be able to see her face to face is the most special feeling There are always a lot of people back there so no one EVER gets an autograph. Too bad you didn't. xx Britt PS: If you recall, I was the one asking Patrick if I could go back to say hi... and he left it up to you... and you said NO. I would have said yes... all of us would have Britt, how well do you know huskerz?? Did you really just talk to someone this way on the forum?? Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
roubaix Posted March 4, 2009 at 06:50 AM Posted March 4, 2009 at 06:50 AM Hopefully we will get some hi-res photos....... Quote http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
nano Posted March 4, 2009 at 07:02 AM Posted March 4, 2009 at 07:02 AM (edited) Either I'm in denial, or I'm handling this incredibly well as I haven't been sad at all. The tour is over but now we have new things waiting for us. The only thing I really miss, is seeing my friends...do I really have to wait til Vegas to see you guys again..not fair. oh, and thank you so much for all the reviews/pictures/videos/articles/etc.. Edited March 4, 2009 at 07:03 AM by nano Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
stevo Posted March 4, 2009 at 10:42 AM Posted March 4, 2009 at 10:42 AM Guys- I find it a bit creepy this tracking her flights and plane and knowing about the owners etc....I think Celine would really be disturbed and disappointed to think that she was being tracked- can you imagine living with that yourself. I don't think that personal information should be given out on the forum. She needs some privacy and it's too much. Being a fan is one thing but she has said herself she finds it upsetting that people live their lives through her and stalking her plane scares me. Quote
reamary Posted March 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM Posted March 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM Don't post how to track her personal flight. Give her some privacy during her break. Thanks. Guys- I find it a bit creepy this tracking her flights and plane and knowing about the owners etc....I think Celine would really be disturbed and disappointed to think that she was being tracked- can you imagine living with that yourself. I don't think that personal information should be given out on the forum. She needs some privacy and it's too much. Being a fan is one thing but she has said herself she finds it upsetting that people live their lives through her and stalking her plane scares me. I just have to say for my defense, as I was the one asking how do you track her flight, that I was just more like curious about how you are able to do that in the first place (the ones who have been following her plane come and go). I absolutely don't want to "stalk" her or anything, I just meant I would have liked, every once in a while, to see the plane come and go during the tour, as I thought the information had been open for public somewhere. So of course, if it's obviously personal information (which I didn't know), I don't want people to give it out on the forum either. Sorry that I asked for it. I want her to have her privacy during the break as well!This was just to say for my defense, I want to make clear that I'm not a creepy stalker, and I absolutely know the borders in being a fan. Quote http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpgHELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !
Jacqui Posted March 4, 2009 at 12:26 PM Posted March 4, 2009 at 12:26 PM I think the majority of us do respect her privacy. There's a difference between simply wanting to know what continent she's on, and hiding behind a palm tree with a camera that has a long distance lens, spying on her. Most of us would never do the latter. We just care, we're curious, and we'd like to be able to think she's safe. I do find it weird that the information is so readily available on the internet though, and I would have thought that her team, being smart people who are quite safety conscious, would be aware of the situation and able to make the information private if they wished to do so. Quote
roubaix Posted March 4, 2009 at 05:54 PM Posted March 4, 2009 at 05:54 PM Not to get off topic here but I wanted to add this. I agree that people should respect Celine and others privacy but the whole flight tracking thing isn't new and is very common and easy to find on the web. Lots of people track commercial flights online when a friend or family member is flying instead of calling the airport or the airline itself. It's easy and airport / flight information is very publicly available online. There is nothing "wrong" with doing it but I agree with the principle of leaving her "off tour" life alone. Let our diva rest! LOL Quote http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
JP Posted March 4, 2009 at 06:05 PM Posted March 4, 2009 at 06:05 PM This concert was so amazing!! I have the Omaha song stuck in my head, that's so funny! lolAlso, i was damn happy with that I'm Alive performance I'm sooooo happy for all the members of the forum who gave her kisses and gift during the concert!! Sarah & Marne, i need to know where you took those glasses, i want them! I'm glad they film extra footages for the DVD, it's going to be fabulous!! Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
nuts2you Posted March 5, 2009 at 01:10 AM Posted March 5, 2009 at 01:10 AM BOY I"m MISSING HER ALREADY, IT"S LIKE LOSTING A FRIEND. Quote
hellmeister Posted March 5, 2009 at 04:58 PM Posted March 5, 2009 at 04:58 PM I was the winner of the Meet and Greet for last nights show in Omaha. I'm not sure I can put this into words but I will try. Around 8:10 Patrick (Rene's) son came and got me from my seat. I was getting a bit nervous because they had told me to be in me seat at 7:30 so panic was setting in He asked in anyone was with me and so my friend also got to go. We were taken backstage into a room of about 16 other people. All there for various reasons. Four Omaha police officers were also invited backstage before the show. We waited quite awhile and were apologized to several times. (I could not believe they were apologizing when I was going to meet Celine)? They told us she was doing some kind of recording I don't know exactly what but I know they were running way behind schedule. We also heard from the police officers that traffic was still backed up outside the Qwest fro 10 blocks. I think this also made them delay the start time? Anyway she entered the room in her opening dress and everyone applauded for her. We then took turns taking a picture but had no time for questions. She did ask one of the officers how much their belts weighed? They told her about 20 pounds and she said that's more then me We were the last ones to take a picture and she left very quickly. She was just gorgeous in full make-up and glitter all over her body! It was very surreal standing there with my arm around Celine Dion. Can't wait to see the picture which they will send to me. when we left the room an our way back to our seats all the dancer were in the hallway hugging each other before the show. We got back to our seats just in time for the show to start and it was AWESOME! Thanks Celine....you are a most gracious lady. I am so happy for you that you got to experience that! Celine is so fantastic and wonderful and to be able to see her face to face is the most special feeling There are always a lot of people back there so no one EVER gets an autograph. Too bad you didn't. xx Britt PS: If you recall, I was the one asking Patrick if I could go back to say hi... and he left it up to you... and you said NO. I would have said yes... all of us would have Britt, how well do you know huskerz?? Did you really just talk to someone this way on the forum?? I don't know her really at all... and I sent her a message apologizing for what I wrote. I was in a funk because I miss Celine and I was taking it out on her... I really am sorry for that. I really meant what I said about being happy for her, because I am. It is magical.... Quote
Koolan Posted March 5, 2009 at 06:55 PM Posted March 5, 2009 at 06:55 PM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqkUSTBqMw4 It's Michael and Adrienne's daughter that handed the drawing of the princess to Celine. She's so cute! Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
takeachance Posted March 5, 2009 at 07:16 PM Posted March 5, 2009 at 07:16 PM <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> It's Michael and Adrienne's daughter that handed the drawing of the princess to Celine. She's so cute! Probably silly of me, but Who is Michael and Adrienne's? Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
Koolan Posted March 5, 2009 at 07:18 PM Posted March 5, 2009 at 07:18 PM One of your fellow members. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
takeachance Posted March 5, 2009 at 07:32 PM Posted March 5, 2009 at 07:32 PM One of your fellow members. Ahhh, Ok,Thanks.... I just thought you were talking about Celine's Brother Michael and I was like cant his child give Celine pics anytime!!!! Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
nano Posted March 5, 2009 at 08:01 PM Posted March 5, 2009 at 08:01 PM It's Michael and Adrienne's daughter that handed the drawing of the princess to Celine. She's so cute! that is so cool!!!! Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Shesings2me Posted March 6, 2009 at 03:34 AM Posted March 6, 2009 at 03:34 AM I was the winner of the Meet and Greet for last nights show in Omaha. I'm not sure I can put this into words but I will try. Around 8:10 Patrick (Rene's) son came and got me from my seat. I was getting a bit nervous because they had told me to be in me seat at 7:30 so panic was setting in He asked in anyone was with me and so my friend also got to go. We were taken backstage into a room of about 16 other people. All there for various reasons. Four Omaha police officers were also invited backstage before the show. We waited quite awhile and were apologized to several times. (I could not believe they were apologizing when I was going to meet Celine)? They told us she was doing some kind of recording I don't know exactly what but I know they were running way behind schedule. We also heard from the police officers that traffic was still backed up outside the Qwest fro 10 blocks. I think this also made them delay the start time? Anyway she entered the room in her opening dress and everyone applauded for her. We then took turns taking a picture but had no time for questions. She did ask one of the officers how much their belts weighed? They told her about 20 pounds and she said that's more then me We were the last ones to take a picture and she left very quickly. She was just gorgeous in full make-up and glitter all over her body! It was very surreal standing there with my arm around Celine Dion. Can't wait to see the picture which they will send to me. when we left the room an our way back to our seats all the dancer were in the hallway hugging each other before the show. We got back to our seats just in time for the show to start and it was AWESOME! Thanks Celine....you are a most gracious lady. I am so happy for you that you got to experience that! Celine is so fantastic and wonderful and to be able to see her face to face is the most special feeling There are always a lot of people back there so no one EVER gets an autograph. Too bad you didn't. xx Britt PS: If you recall, I was the one asking Patrick if I could go back to say hi... and he left it up to you... and you said NO. I would have said yes... all of us would have Britt, how well do you know huskerz?? Did you really just talk to someone this way on the forum?? I don't know her really at all... and I sent her a message apologizing for what I wrote. I was in a funk because I miss Celine and I was taking it out on her... I really am sorry for that. I really meant what I said about being happy for her, because I am. It is magical.... Way to go, Britt!!! Now I am feeling better again about the behaviour of my Celine friends. That was very mature and very classy of you to write and apologize to huskerz. I am proud of you!! Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
idroveallnight Posted March 6, 2009 at 04:29 AM Posted March 6, 2009 at 04:29 AM It's Michael and Adrienne's daughter that handed the drawing of the princess to Celine. She's so cute!You fans are so brave. Good for you!! How many people can say they talked into Celine's own mic? Congrats!! Quote
roubaix Posted March 6, 2009 at 04:32 AM Posted March 6, 2009 at 04:32 AM 7 days ago......seems like yesterday. Quote http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u34/cropperclassic/keep/celine.jpg
Bellamy Posted March 6, 2009 at 07:46 AM Posted March 6, 2009 at 07:46 AM It's Michael and Adrienne's daughter that handed the drawing of the princess to Celine. She's so cute!So that tall guy is Michael? Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
celineangel7 Posted March 6, 2009 at 02:34 PM Posted March 6, 2009 at 02:34 PM The Omaha song is in my head from time to time lol. I do recall it being on a commerical beforenot sure how long ago and I think it was sung higher. Celine did something special for the show and she didn't have to. Do you guys think she or someone else does a little research before each show to see if each city or country has a little theme song or something worth mentioning to make the crowd cheer if she has a moment to? I know she talked about Prince being from here. She can always crack you up and that makes her even more lovable. Quote * December 18, 2008. 1st time ever in front row for a concert and it was with my idol Celine! Dream #1 accomplished. While singing a ballad the only time Celine looked at me was the time I had my sign up luckily! She stretched out her arm palm faced up while singing with even more emotion in her eyes when she saw it, so it seemed like it was just for me at that moment.Dream #2 accomplished with the extra bonus! She came and left on my side. I went out 1 row, held up my sign and she stopped, held it herself,and just looked at it with an awe expression on her face, stunned and amazed when she saw all the glitter!She looked me in the eyes with those beautiful brown eyes of hers she was tuned into me at that moment and didn't look away, again her looking so emotional as I said with a sincere look on my face to her "It took me 5 hours to make this." (could have been more not sure)She looked down and away very touched like maybe she wanted to cry then she HUGGED me!!!She held me for more than just a moment She really took her time! I said to her while about to cry from the hug, "I love you so much!" Then that was it I don't think she said a word to me. I was crying and saying omg all night with my heart racing and my mind in SHOCK from the unexpected hug and my eyes so sore from crying. I was ready to drop when I got home, but was so emotional I stayed up until 6:30 a.m.! Cried a little for a few days after. Sign and front row seat saved the day!Dream #3 accomplished... Me at :13 NOT my video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L62QJoUgN80
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.