smw Posted January 5, 2008 at 07:25 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 07:25 PM I love celines voice and think its one of the best in the world but i just heard maria callas on youtube and its going to be very hard for celine to sing like that? will she be singing in the role i presume, well obviously lol. The notes are very high in full voice and i dont think celine will be able to do it, then again they said madonna couldnt sing evita and she did. I cant wait to see celine in movies it will just add to her superstardom and success There is no doubt she could sing the part. Acting the part is what has me worried. Quote
celine_rox Posted January 5, 2008 at 07:38 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 07:38 PM I love celines voice and think its one of the best in the world but i just heard maria callas on youtube and its going to be very hard for celine to sing like that? will she be singing in the role i presume, well obviously lol. The notes are very high in full voice and i dont think celine will be able to do it, then again they said madonna couldnt sing evita and she did. I cant wait to see celine in movies it will just add to her superstardom and success There is no doubt she could sing the part. Acting the part is what has me worried. im worried about the acting part too.hopefully she will do well if all of this is really true Quote
Nando Férri Posted January 5, 2008 at 07:57 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 07:57 PM FINALLY!!! See Celine acting in a movie is one of my dreams! But make a role in a Canadian movie won't make her win an Oscar. Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
manilou Posted January 5, 2008 at 08:24 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 08:24 PM I hope she only does this if she is really sure she can pull it off. I hope she works hard for it and will surprise people. The problem with Céline is that she overacts all the time, I hope this coach can teach her how to be autentic and good. If she works really hard I will support it but if she does it like Mariah I won't. Quote http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/idbH/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=6/maxflags=248/viewers=3/labels=0/.jpg
JP Posted January 5, 2008 at 08:39 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 08:39 PM I'm a little bit scared.. Because Denise Filiatrault is not very good to teach actress.. She's the director of a TV Show and the actress are SO BAD and so not natural.. So how Celine can be a wonderfuld actress with his help? Wait and see.. Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
celinerific Posted January 5, 2008 at 08:48 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 08:48 PM (edited) Will people actually go out to watch a movie about Maria Callas? Not sure... And also... What are the chances this movie will be in English? Slim. Yes, I agree Celine would do a fantastic job with this role, but I'm not sure if it'd be a superb acting debut for her. For someone in her position in show business, I think it'd be wise for her to take on a more modern movie with a more well-known producer and director. Edited January 5, 2008 at 08:50 PM by celinerific Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
miracle_girl Posted January 5, 2008 at 09:03 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 09:03 PM Will people actually go out to watch a movie about Maria Callas? Not sure... And also... What are the chances this movie will be in English? Slim. Yes, I agree Celine would do a fantastic job with this role, but I'm not sure if it'd be a superb acting debut for her. For someone in her position in show business, I think it'd be wise for her to take on a more modern movie with a more well-known producer and director. People have watched movies aboutJ.M BarrieBeautrix PotterJohnny CashJFKRay Charles& Jane Austen And im sure with a big name such as celines people will want to see a film about Maria Callasas for the film being in french lets thank god for sub titles!! Quote http://file041b.bebo.com/11/large/2008/02/21/19/3639616524a6958591691l.jpgCeline - May 8th @ The 02! Cant Wait!! <3
celinerific Posted January 5, 2008 at 09:06 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 09:06 PM Will people actually go out to watch a movie about Maria Callas? Not sure... And also... What are the chances this movie will be in English? Slim. Yes, I agree Celine would do a fantastic job with this role, but I'm not sure if it'd be a superb acting debut for her. For someone in her position in show business, I think it'd be wise for her to take on a more modern movie with a more well-known producer and director. People have watched movies aboutJ.M BarrieBeautrix PotterJohnny CashJFKRay Charles& Jane Austen And im sure with a big name such as celines people will want to see a film about Maria Callasas for the film being in french lets thank god for sub titles!! I guess I just don't find the role of Maria Callas very interesting... Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
miracle_girl Posted January 5, 2008 at 09:11 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 09:11 PM Will people actually go out to watch a movie about Maria Callas? Not sure... And also... What are the chances this movie will be in English? Slim. Yes, I agree Celine would do a fantastic job with this role, but I'm not sure if it'd be a superb acting debut for her. For someone in her position in show business, I think it'd be wise for her to take on a more modern movie with a more well-known producer and director. People have watched movies aboutJ.M BarrieBeautrix PotterJohnny CashJFKRay Charles& Jane Austen And im sure with a big name such as celines people will want to see a film about Maria Callasas for the film being in french lets thank god for sub titles!! I guess I just don't find the role of Maria Callas very interesting... Neither do i, i dont really know who she is but that could be something todo with my age but i welcome any project with celine in!!the only thing is shes doing the tour now untill next year then she will do this filmshe wont be able to have another baby then untill 2010!! she really needs a break!! Quote http://file041b.bebo.com/11/large/2008/02/21/19/3639616524a6958591691l.jpgCeline - May 8th @ The 02! Cant Wait!! <3
deelicious07 Posted January 5, 2008 at 09:32 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 09:32 PM So she'll go for acting then? Who's Maria Callas? Hmmm.... I'm not really sure if I'm gonna be happy for Celine to make movies. I want her to become the best-selling female artist of all time. Hmmmm.... Well, I believe she can do 2 things at the same time. Advance congratulations Celine! CELINE DION IS THE BIGGEST SELLING FEMALE ARTIST OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote
mebe Posted January 5, 2008 at 10:27 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 10:27 PM So she'll go for acting then? Who's Maria Callas? Hmmm.... I'm not really sure if I'm gonna be happy for Celine to make movies. I want her to become the best-selling female artist of all time. Hmmmm.... Well, I believe she can do 2 things at the same time. Advance congratulations Celine! I thought she was the best selling female artist of all time, or do they just say that about every one?? Cant wait to see what her acting skills are likeand maybe she might win an oscar like shes always dreamed!! Well maybe a Golden Globe in the comedy category. We'll see. Maybe she's going to impress all of us! I wish her good luck with that project which I find very interesting for her. Quote
Celine, I Love u my Oh my! Posted January 5, 2008 at 10:44 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 10:44 PM Aw i hope she does! she'd be GREAT! after all i think she can act lol Quote CELINE I LOVE YOU MY OH MY! RIVER DEEP MOUNTAIN HIGH... YEAH YEAH YEAH! http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m228/juicylucy100/Celine-Dion-ps07.jpg // Let the clouds that bring you down.. Just FADE AWAY! //
iloveceline22 Posted January 5, 2008 at 11:34 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 11:34 PM ommmgggg i hope this is true and celine gets the part! she has always wanted to act. i cant wait to see! Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
Cesdra Posted January 5, 2008 at 11:50 PM Posted January 5, 2008 at 11:50 PM She has earned the right to do what she really wants to do. This is not about selling anything or making the box office. Is it even confirmed that this is gonna be a theatre movie? Let her do it because she loves the project. Support her ambition, not the outcome. She is realizing a dream here. I will support her because I would want my friends to support me when I try to realize my dream. Quote
Tal Posted January 6, 2008 at 12:03 AM Posted January 6, 2008 at 12:03 AM I'm happy for her getting to do this project because she was really eager to do it. I just hope the production value is good. It should be on par with Ray and Walk the Line, and not just some movie that gets aired on TV. She can very easily get panned for this, if her acting is over the top or melodramatic. JP, what you said about her acting coach makes me nervous Plus its always a bit cliche when a musician does a music film. Glitter....Crossroads....etc. Still, she seems so excited about this so its exciting to see how it will turn out! Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
celinerific Posted January 6, 2008 at 12:42 AM Posted January 6, 2008 at 12:42 AM (edited) Will people actually go out to watch a movie about Maria Callas? Not sure... And also... What are the chances this movie will be in English? Slim. Yes, I agree Celine would do a fantastic job with this role, but I'm not sure if it'd be a superb acting debut for her. For someone in her position in show business, I think it'd be wise for her to take on a more modern movie with a more well-known producer and director. People have watched movies aboutJ.M BarrieBeautrix PotterJohnny CashJFKRay Charles& Jane Austen And im sure with a big name such as celines people will want to see a film about Maria Callasas for the film being in french lets thank god for sub titles!! I guess I just don't find the role of Maria Callas very interesting... Neither do i, i dont really know who she is but that could be something todo with my age but i welcome any project with celine in!!the only thing is shes doing the tour now untill next year then she will do this filmshe wont be able to have another baby then untill 2010!! she really needs a break!!Indeed. She needs a well-deserved break. I'll welcome all Celine projects too, but I'd much rather her be in something with some well-known actors and actresses. She could be in some kind of action movie. That would be sooo hot. Celine running in leathery outfits (kind of like the one in her TCH video), saving the world and whatnot. Or a romantic comedy would be really cute. Edited January 6, 2008 at 12:44 AM by celinerific Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
Mohsin Posted January 6, 2008 at 01:25 AM Posted January 6, 2008 at 01:25 AM (edited) Don't know if this article has been mentioned before but it's from Newsweek: http://www.newsweek.com/id/67927 The end is particularly interesting... Edited January 6, 2008 at 01:26 AM by Mohsin Quote
tativale Posted January 6, 2008 at 02:33 AM Posted January 6, 2008 at 02:33 AM Aawwwwww w o w !!! I had this dream months ago last year that Celine was playing Maria Callas in a movie! That's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think she will be great! And it's still on the beginning Hope she gets a better cough hehe I don't know this woman anyway hehehe Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
PrincesseJen Posted January 6, 2008 at 03:57 AM Posted January 6, 2008 at 03:57 AM I can't believe there are people here worried about Celine's acting!!! Hello?!! Have you people seen some of her music videos?!! "Water From the Moon", "Je Sais Pas","Goodbye's The Saddess Word"?! All videos that show Celine can convey emotion at the drop of a hat! And NO there NOT over dramatic!! The woman can probably friggin' cry on cue!! I have been waiting a very long time for her to do a movie because I KNOW she will be great at it (even if everything else about the movie sucks ) I'm not too worried about the singing because I know she can pull that off as well. Don't forget that little opera session she did with Ben Moody. No matter how the movie turns out I'll just be glad Celine got her chance. Quote http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg
dionfan07 Posted January 6, 2008 at 07:07 AM Posted January 6, 2008 at 07:07 AM I can't believe there are people here worried about Celine's acting!!! Hello?!! Have you people seen some of her music videos?!! "Water From the Moon", "Je Sais Pas","Goodbye's The Saddess Word"?! All videos that show Celine can convey emotion at the drop of a hat! And NO there NOT over dramatic!! The woman can probably friggin' cry on cue!! I have been waiting a very long time for her to do a movie because I KNOW she will be great at it (even if everything else about the movie sucks ) I'm not too worried about the singing because I know she can pull that off as well. Don't forget that little opera session she did with Ben Moody. No matter how the movie turns out I'll just be glad Celine got her chance. i totally agree!!! i dont care what people will say about it either! im just glad she recieved the chance to show her skills!!! Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted January 6, 2008 at 07:25 AM Posted January 6, 2008 at 07:25 AM celine is not an opera singer and even if these movie rumors were true I highly doubt she would try to tackle singing opera. It takes formal training and I really doubt Celine is that pretentious. Like many biopics, Celine could easily lipsynch to Maria's tracks. Imagine in the future that they will film a Celine biopic - and I mean with a major movie studio and a major movie and major actors and NOT something cheezy and small budget like that tv movie we're hearing about - would you want the actress playing Celine to record her own music? For a unique-easily identifiable voice like Celine's you could not have another actress re-record the tracks, the best option would be to lipsynch to the tracks. In the case of this potential Maria Callas project - it would be ridiculous (and I'm saying this as a huge Celine fan who adores her and thinks she has the best pop voice in the world) for Celine to try and sing opera and all of the opera parts in the movie O_o; Sure it might still sound nice to the average jo schmo like you and me who know nothing about opera, but Callas is a legend in the opera world and opera fans will know and will be insulted at every "flaw" and what they would view as pretension on Celine's part to try and sing opera when she has never been formally trained. She is a pop singer. Quote
cmcdaori Posted January 6, 2008 at 12:58 PM Posted January 6, 2008 at 12:58 PM I wouldn't hold your breath guys. Remember that Celine was rumored to be in several movies, and it's never happened yet. I agree...i hadn't courage enough to say it..now i got support...thanx...this was billion times...but in any way..i'd like to see this in french opera..that would be nice.. Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Nando Férri Posted January 6, 2008 at 01:01 PM Posted January 6, 2008 at 01:01 PM I can't believe there are people here worried about Celine's acting!!! Hello?!! Have you people seen some of her music videos?!! "Water From the Moon", "Je Sais Pas","Goodbye's The Saddess Word"?! All videos that show Celine can convey emotion at the drop of a hat! And NO there NOT over dramatic!! The woman can probably friggin' cry on cue!! I have been waiting a very long time for her to do a movie because I KNOW she will be great at it (even if everything else about the movie sucks ) I'm not too worried about the singing because I know she can pull that off as well. Don't forget that little opera session she did with Ben Moody. No matter how the movie turns out I'll just be glad Celine got her chance. The funny thing is that everybody was saying "I don't wanna a movie about Celine! I want Celine to do a movie!", and now that she will do one, people can't stop saying "Ohhhh... I'm worried! I don't think she can act!". Pfffff Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
TheOne Posted January 6, 2008 at 01:14 PM Posted January 6, 2008 at 01:14 PM celine is not an opera singer and even if these movie rumors were true I highly doubt she would try to tackle singing opera. It takes formal training and I really doubt Celine is that pretentious. Like many biopics, Celine could easily lipsynch to Maria's tracks. Imagine in the future that they will film a Celine biopic - and I mean with a major movie studio and a major movie and major actors and NOT something cheezy and small budget like that tv movie we're hearing about - would you want the actress playing Celine to record her own music? For a unique-easily identifiable voice like Celine's you could not have another actress re-record the tracks, the best option would be to lipsynch to the tracks. In the case of this potential Maria Callas project - it would be ridiculous (and I'm saying this as a huge Celine fan who adores her and thinks she has the best pop voice in the world) for Celine to try and sing opera and all of the opera parts in the movie O_o; Sure it might still sound nice to the average jo schmo like you and me who know nothing about opera, but Callas is a legend in the opera world and opera fans will know and will be insulted at every "flaw" and what they would view as pretension on Celine's part to try and sing opera when she has never been formally trained. She is a pop singer. Now, that's something very wise to say. I'm not worried about the acting at all... I think if someone can get her to be less over-acting, she'd do surprisingly well. Having her to sing the roles Maria did, is in my opinion, not even worth trying. Callas sang some of the most difficult parts of the soprano repertoire, Norma, Medea, Tosca, Violetta, Elvira, Amina, La Gioconda and all of these are very differente roles. That's why Callas was called La Divina and Primadonna Assoluta. Because she could sing anykind of soprano role: lyric, dramatic, coloratura... literally everything, and she did it in way that we today still look at her as a model of inspiration and an icon of dramatic truthfullness. The roles she tackled require YEARS and YEARS of disciplined opera singing vocal training and I'm afraid that, despite her powers as a pop singer, Celine will not pull the vocal part of. One aria, maybe, but not the whole movie. To her own good, if this news are to be believed, I hope she only acts... Oh my God, if she attempts at something like Casta Diva or Vissi d'Arte (which are like Callas' anthems) i'm very afraid it's gonna be emabarassing for her. Quote
mirage Posted January 6, 2008 at 01:23 PM Posted January 6, 2008 at 01:23 PM She could be in some kind of action movie. That would be sooo hot. Celine running in leathery outfits (kind of like the one in her TCH video) like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCQJL1Ayopcimagine celine lying on that train, hanging out of her car... seexxyyyy Quote
luciusbright Posted January 6, 2008 at 02:17 PM Posted January 6, 2008 at 02:17 PM it is so excitingfirst she can take thisbut next she definitely should have a action one!!!!!! :wub: :wub: Quote S'il suffisait d'aimer...
sangstar Posted January 6, 2008 at 02:18 PM Posted January 6, 2008 at 02:18 PM i think celine would do a wicked job acting, its all coming back to me video is total class. And plus celine loves dramatising so it would def work. if its true, i def cant wait. Quote
fa_na_tic Posted January 6, 2008 at 02:53 PM Posted January 6, 2008 at 02:53 PM (edited) I totally agree with Your_Su_Phu and The One. Celine is right up there with the best pop singers ever, but not opera. That's a whole other world and Maria Callas was and I believe still is the best. Now as for the acting part, it's one thing to act in a video (not saying at all that she didn't do a very good job in them) and a whole other story to act in a dramatic role, especially in a biopic. But I'm still glad if she gets the chance to do this, because it's a nice opportunity and chalange for her to do something else. So I kinda have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I'm curious to see how she'll be, but on the other hand I'm worried. For everybody who has no idea who Callas was or for anybody who wants to see a great biopic about Maria Callas, I strongly recommend renting Callas Forever ( http://imdb.com/title/tt0274407/ ). Edited January 6, 2008 at 02:54 PM by fa_na_tic Quote http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7933/celinemunichgifgl6.gif Never forget Munich June 22nd 08 !! Justin Guitar - the best FREE guitar lessons ever
pat200 Posted January 6, 2008 at 03:35 PM Posted January 6, 2008 at 03:35 PM I don't know if many of you know much about opera. Callas is considered one of the greatest opera singers of all time despite the fact that she had a voice full of flaws. the critics attacked her always for that. but she was able to sing any part and fill it with emotion. and even though her voice was classified as a mezzo soprano (like celine) she was able to sing all the soprano repertoire (like celine as well). now i have no doubt that maria is a hard act to copy, but if u have ever seen celine warm up her voice, u willrealize how clear her voice can be while singing opera. she can sing opera very well in fact and she is able to sing the songs for the movie if and only if she trains for those songs, because most of the songs callas did are very difficult to do. Quote
TheOne Posted January 6, 2008 at 04:27 PM Posted January 6, 2008 at 04:27 PM Of course I know I'm gonna be crucified by this post, "because I'm not Celine's vocal coach and I'm just being cocky", but no one is forced to read it. My mind is in peace because I know what I'm stating is true and based on years of study.Read at your own risk. She warms up in a "semi operatic" voice. It may sound like the lyric sound, but it's not a full voice. It's what could be called a female falsetto - she doesn't sound to a full voiced soprano (listen to Callas, Mirella Freni, whatever). The way how pop singers use their voice is based on a different mode of vocal chord vibration (higher larynx position), and in order to sing opera properly, Celine would have needed to start training from an early age. Trying to go for opera now would envole basically a whole new muscular approach to sing, and just like you can't become a weight lifter in one year, you can't train you voice to sing opera in such a short amount of time, and especially at such a late age. Celine's voice muscles are completely matured with a pop approach, therefor, switching to opera wouldn't sound opera at all (Michael Bolton's attempt at opera arias, for instance; he's got the notes, but doesn't sound like a tenor at all). As for Callas, she was NOT a mezzo soprano. She was basically a Dramatic Soprano who extended her upper register to sing lighter coloratura soprano roles. Basically she sang everything while she could and singing out of her Fach (the german term for one's voice type) along with her techincal flaws, caused her voice to decline early - by her forties she was literally voice-less. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.