VintageCeline Posted November 18, 2007 at 02:01 AM Posted November 18, 2007 at 02:01 AM No probs Jane, night night.. Im so glad ive seen it now, and I watched it on channel4 +1 aswell, just to see Celine again...yayy x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
Shaymaa Posted November 18, 2007 at 02:08 AM Posted November 18, 2007 at 02:08 AM i didn't watch it yet i'm not in Uk or Europe does any one have it Quote http://i5.tinypic.com/4g7wq2p.jpg
miracle_girl Posted November 18, 2007 at 02:11 AM Posted November 18, 2007 at 02:11 AM OMG i actually forgot that it was oni was flipping through the channels and i heard her talking and i was likeWHAT THE HELL.......So i watched the rest of her preformance & then watched it againon channel 4 +1!!!! Was she miming??? & of all people to thank she thanks SONY BMG!!! Like Hello!!!!! Quote http://file041b.bebo.com/11/large/2008/02/21/19/3639616524a6958591691l.jpgCeline - May 8th @ The 02! Cant Wait!! <3
VintageCeline Posted November 18, 2007 at 02:25 AM Posted November 18, 2007 at 02:25 AM I know! but because it was the music awards, im guessing she had to thank them. boo! x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
bruno_oliveira Posted November 18, 2007 at 04:05 AM Posted November 18, 2007 at 04:05 AM http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/bruno_oliveira/celinecaras001.jpg from brazilmagazine: caras Quote
Bellamy Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:04 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:04 PM Celine Dion on World Music Awards 2007. Thanks to Thomas. Video online later. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
tal-sh2 Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:17 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:17 PM Thank you so much! Quote "These walls keep a secret, That only we know..."http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/bambaplanet/G49272_b.jpgSorry for my English.
LuisMa Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:18 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:18 PM Thank you so much. She looked amazing!! Quote
LVCeline Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:27 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:27 PM I thought that reception was just completely lukewarm for the prestige of the award she was receiving. Quite honestly that montage was nice and the speech he gave before was great, but for her to go and lipsync a performance after being praised for her amazing voice was just embarassing to me. And again singing her latest "boring" single just wasn't smart if you ask me. I think a mind blowing performance of TPOL (Live) or IACBTM, or even MHWGO would have been more appropriate (although plenty disagree). Nobody knows about this song and quite frankly apparently nobody cares. I just didn't think the performance lived up to the "legend." :/ Quote
tativale Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:29 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:29 PM aaaawwwww she's so cute!! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moiIt's always possible to change! Vive le Québec"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, lesinstants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."
sebyitaly Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:40 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:40 PM actually it was the best TC lipped performance till now!!! She looks stunning while singing!!!!! Quote Seb http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/7416/img0548or3.jpg
nano Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:46 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:46 PM Thank you for the video. Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
idroveallnight Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:56 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 04:56 PM I thought that reception was just completely lukewarm for the prestige of the award she was receiving. Quite honestly that montage was nice and the speech he gave before was great, but for her to go and lipsync a performance after being praised for her amazing voice was just embarassing to me. And again singing her latest "boring" single just wasn't smart if you ask me. I think a mind blowing performance of TPOL (Live) or IACBTM, or even MHWGO would have been more appropriate (although plenty disagree). Nobody knows about this song and quite frankly apparently nobody cares. I just didn't think the performance lived up to the "legend." :/I agree. The presenter was so dull and made it so obvious he was reading from the teleprompter. I thought Celine's speech was actually very touching though and better than a lot of speeches she's given in the past. The audience was just dead for some reason (most likely because the presenter was too; when Michael Douglass presented Celine with the Diamond Award, he was so alive and proud and the audience was too as a result). On the contrary, I thought the montage was poor. They just mixed a whole bunch of her music videos together instead of highlighting the moments that make her a 'legend.' She seemed somewhat sad though...is anyone sensing that too? Quote
jackydion Posted November 21, 2007 at 05:25 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 05:25 PM that fat ugly man wasn't like michael Douglass,oprah,ellen,larry king,jay leno said that "celine is the best selling female artist of all time",and "185 million or 2 billion albums world wide" just cause he can't understand the truth!!! he is a huge mariah fan Quote
Nando Férri Posted November 21, 2007 at 05:28 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 05:28 PM http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/bruno_oliveira/celinecaras001.jpg from brazilmagazine: carasYep. I have this magazine. Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
celine_rox Posted November 21, 2007 at 05:48 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 05:48 PM just wondering....everyone is saying celine is getting botox...is that true?!?!!it doesnt look like it to me Quote
keny Posted November 21, 2007 at 06:07 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 06:07 PM I noticed on the worldmusic awards website, (http://www.worldmusicawards.com/) under 2007->winners. Celine is not mentioned at all. Especially under the headings... "Best Selling POP Female Artist", "Best Selling POP/ROCK Female Artist". What gives with that. Just last week Oprah confirmed Celine was still the "Best Selling" of all time. Why does this site not acknowledge this? And yet, she holds an award in her hand from this show. :confused: Quote
Shaun Posted November 21, 2007 at 11:26 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 11:26 PM I noticed on the worldmusic awards website, (http://www.worldmusicawards.com/) under 2007->winners. Celine is not mentioned at all. Especially under the headings... "Best Selling POP Female Artist", "Best Selling POP/ROCK Female Artist". What gives with that. Just last week Oprah confirmed Celine was still the "Best Selling" of all time. Why does this site not acknowledge this? And yet, she holds an award in her hand from this show. :confused: I'm pretty sure the World Music Awards base their info on sales during the past year only. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
PrincesseJen Posted November 21, 2007 at 11:46 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 11:46 PM just wondering.... everyone is saying celine is getting botox... is that true?!?!! it doesnt look like it to me I know, Susan Lucci probably introduced her to "Youthful Essence". Quote http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg
asiii m Posted November 21, 2007 at 11:51 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 11:51 PM I thought that reception was just completely lukewarm for the prestige of the award she was receiving. Quite honestly that montage was nice and the speech he gave before was great, but for her to go and lipsync a performance after being praised for her amazing voice was just embarassing to me. And again singing her latest "boring" single just wasn't smart if you ask me. I think a mind blowing performance of TPOL (Live) or IACBTM, or even MHWGO would have been more appropriate (although plenty disagree). Nobody knows about this song and quite frankly apparently nobody cares. I just didn't think the performance lived up to the "legend." :/ Your embarrassament is caused by the fact that we (Celine's fans) never compare her to the others, but we always make a comparison between Celine and perfection. Yes, she's the greatest, but come on, what's wrong with her performance? Why put the blame on her? I'm sure it did not depend only on her, like in so many cases. Of course nobody knows about "Taking chances" - it's very new. She has to promote it to make it known by people. As about the audience, I think most of them were TV stars or other singer (e.g. Rihanna), there were not so many simple people. Quote Some people have everything - they have nothing.May 21st, 2008 - Paris, Bercy & November 22nd, 2013 - Antwerpen, Sportpaleis
tcherno Posted November 21, 2007 at 11:59 PM Posted November 21, 2007 at 11:59 PM (edited) thank u soooooooooooooo much for the video. Edited November 22, 2007 at 12:03 AM by tcherno Quote
Gorgeous Posted November 22, 2007 at 12:34 AM Posted November 22, 2007 at 12:34 AM Celine Dion on World Music Awards 2007. Thanks to Thomas. Wow, do you see Rihanna? I thing she really like Celine! So cool!!! Quote Pascal http://www.poplineonline.com/ban.gif
deelicious07 Posted November 22, 2007 at 12:34 AM Posted November 22, 2007 at 12:34 AM I thought that reception was just completely lukewarm for the prestige of the award she was receiving. Quite honestly that montage was nice and the speech he gave before was great, but for her to go and lipsync a performance after being praised for her amazing voice was just embarassing to me. And again singing her latest "boring" single just wasn't smart if you ask me. I think a mind blowing performance of TPOL (Live) or IACBTM, or even MHWGO would have been more appropriate (although plenty disagree). Nobody knows about this song and quite frankly apparently nobody cares. I just didn't think the performance lived up to the "legend." :/ Honestly, I believe that almost all the performaces at the World Music Awards every year is NOT LIVE. Have you seen the show before? Can you pinpoint which performaces are actually live and which ones are lipped? Through the years the World Music Awards became boring that's why it is no longer broadcast on such networks as ABC here in the U.S. By the time the show actually airs they have completely butchered a good portion of it. Presenting a legend award to someone is supposed to be more exciting than that. Quote
heartssong Posted November 23, 2007 at 02:11 AM Posted November 23, 2007 at 02:11 AM When Celine got up to sing, Taking Chances started and she no more than sang "I don't know much about your life", and it immediately switched to a Ford commercial where the commercial said "The big dog daddy." Then it went through a full commercial break, cut back in for the last few seconds of her performance and then went to another full break again! I can't believe they did that. Now I'll never look at another Ford commercial the same way again. Her voice was perfect, and they messed it up. Oh well, they can't mess up her concert! Quote Celine: vocal perfection at its best.
Hilda Posted November 23, 2007 at 02:19 AM Posted November 23, 2007 at 02:19 AM wow that sucks! haha how strange coz she got a big award. Quote
Jackie Posted November 23, 2007 at 03:02 AM Posted November 23, 2007 at 03:02 AM what a pity! Quote http://i65.tinypic.com/iclsbb.jpgMy Wallpapers with Widescreen
Koolan Posted November 23, 2007 at 03:37 AM Posted November 23, 2007 at 03:37 AM Maybe that happened in only some areas? Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
kathyc25 Posted November 23, 2007 at 04:05 AM Posted November 23, 2007 at 04:05 AM Thanks for the video...I can`t believe I forgot to watch it! Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Thecolourofmylove Posted November 23, 2007 at 04:15 AM Posted November 23, 2007 at 04:15 AM My local station went to COMMERCIAL right as she said "Don't know much..." I yelled SOOO loud!! Quote Bryan Beavers | Create Your Badgehttp://badge.facebook.com/badge/577905483.228.1040373769.pnghttp://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/nafnoid23/Untitled-2.jpg
Bellamy Posted November 23, 2007 at 05:02 AM Posted November 23, 2007 at 05:02 AM This reminds me of the other old photo. She looks so divaish to the paparazzi. http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/wma2007001.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/celinefreak10/HQs/bwceli.jpg Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.