Jump to content

"These Are Special Times" album - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

 

Big lol.

You really need to wake up.

 

But on that one, I think you're right. It can't be Céline team. Because it implies she has one.

I refuse to believe that.

 

Celine’s immediate team would not have the final say on tracks being removed from albums in her catalog that Sony Music owns. It’s just common sense.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

 

 

I was just asking questions. But go ahead and be rude if you like.

 

The first paragraph was my response to you. The second was just general and not solely directed at you. I apologize if you took it to be that way.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

The TV special might be lacking with her Christmas songs. But if you come to think of it, she's performed almost ALL the songs from the album (whether live or lipped) over the years on different occasions.

 

- OHN: 1998 TV Special, Buble special

- DSIAFCD: Disney special

- BC: Today

- AYHGB: Rosie, Letterman

- GBUE: Rosie

- TCS: GMA, Foster special, Las Vegas, Rockefeller

- OCAYF: Disney Special

- The Prayer: Oscars, her concerts

- TAST: 1998 TV Special, Home for Holidays

- HXmas: 1999 TV special, Buble

- IYA: countless TV guestings, her concerts

- LCDH: Oprah

 

That's 12 songs out of 16. Now who does that, right? She's literally performed two-thirds of the entire album. Plus, we got IMAAOACD as a bonus (and Do You Hear What I Hear, O Christmas Tree etc.)

 

I am no lamb, but I don't think Mariah has performed that many songs from both her Xmas albums.

 

Half of those are playback.

 

 

Here’s are all the Christmas songs (but not all performances) she has sung live.

 

Did they miss any?

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I just discovered some of her siblings recorded a Christmas album…featuring many songs recorded by their sister.

 

A much more tolerable (yet forgettable) version of Feliz Navidad

 

… and more!

Edited by Chantemoi
  • Like 1
Posted
They look like a Quebec cast of Friends on the album cover. And I'm here for that :laugh:
  • Like 1
Posted

The first paragraph was my response to you. The second was just general and not solely directed at you. I apologize if you took it to be that way.

 

Thanks. I must say it's probably best to exhibit a holiday spirit of kindness, or else you quickly look like the Grinch.

 

As for that matter, Celine has had many successes and flubs at the hands of her team and Sony. Sony has a long history of being sub-par. If something sucks in Celine world, then I don't care whether it's the fault of Celine's team or of her Sony handlers....the relevant thing is that it sucks.

 

But, the holidays are a time of positivity as best we can manage. And it seems to me we must be thankful for Celine's health and the warm spirits of her holiday album.

Posted

Half of those are playback.

 

 

Here's are all the Christmas songs (but not all performances) she has sung live.

https://youtu.be/14aGjNIOQxg

 

Did they miss any?

 

Yup, they missed AYHGB from Letterman, TCS from Las Vegas, The Prayer from... so many performances (concerts, with Josh), and IYA again from her concerts,most notably from the Millennium Concert)....

Posted

USA Holiday Albums: ( December 25, 2021 )

 

#50 (Re-Entry) These Are Special Times - Celine Dion

 

Canadian Albums: ( December 25, 2021 )

 

#65 ( +2 ) These Are Special Times - Celine Dion

  • Like 2
Posted

 

 

Yup, they missed AYHGB from Letterman, TCS from Las Vegas, The Prayer from... so many performances (concerts, with Josh), and IYA again from her concerts,most notably from the Millennium Concert)....

 

No, they didn’t “miss” them. If you browse their channel, each album/era in her career has a video that highlights the channel owner’s preferred performance of each song she sang LIVE from the album/era. So if she sang the song love 1,000 times, there would still only be a single appearance on their playlist — their favourite.

 

The question I was asking was if there were songs that had been sung live but forgotten from the list (Brahms’ Lullaby, Christmas Eve, Feliz Navidad, etc.)

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

No, they didn't "miss" them. If you browse their channel, each album/era in her career has a video that highlights the channel owner's preferred performance of each song she sang LIVE from the album/era. So if she sang the song love 1,000 times, there would still only be a single appearance on their playlist — their favourite.

 

The question I was asking was if there were songs that had been sung live but forgotten from the list (Brahms' Lullaby, Christmas Eve, Feliz Navidad, etc.)

 

She did sing a bit of Brahms' Lullaby in that interview with George Martin (the one where she did All By Myself with him on the piano for a couple minutes), but yeah it wasn't a full performance of that song. Maybe she did one during the Miracle era??

Edited by PuraVida
Posted
Posted

No, they didn't "miss" them. If you browse their channel, each album/era in her career has a video that highlights the channel owner's preferred performance of each song she sang LIVE from the album/era. So if she sang the song love 1,000 times, there would still only be a single appearance on their playlist — their favourite.

 

The question I was asking was if there were songs that had been sung live but forgotten from the list (Brahms' Lullaby, Christmas Eve, Feliz Navidad, etc.)

 

Well by your definition of "miss," there, PuraVida just answered your question, one post after yours: Brahms Lullaby and let me add LCDH (though they sang it before she recorded TAST, though that wouldn't matter, right, coz in the video you showed here, they also used a pre-TAST version of TCS (CROAOF)" so....

Posted

 

 

Well by your definition of "miss," there, PuraVida just answered your question, one post after yours: Brahms Lullaby and let me add LCDH (though they sang it before she recorded TAST, though that wouldn't matter, right, coz in the video you showed here, they also used a pre-TAST version of TCS (CROAOF)" so....

 

I wouldn’t really count her singing a few lines during an interview for Brahms Lullaby as a live *performance*, but I never knew she sang Les cloches du hameau. Does anyone have a clip?

Posted
Keep voting for Celine in that BIllboard poll. I think we could ensure her a second place finish! Britney Spears has 40% now, but Celine has 21% and Mariah 20%
Posted

I wouldn't really count her singing a few lines during an interview for Brahms Lullaby as a live *performance*, but I never knew she sang Les cloches du hameau. Does anyone have a clip?

 

It's at the last part, when Oprah surprises Celine with her entire family:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M5LlfhiP6Y

  • Like 1
Posted
And Happy Xmas did more than 500k and TAST at more than 1.05M streams, first time this year
Posted

Not expecting a video/picture for Christmas this year, but I do hope we'll get a personal message at least.

I miss her presence so much 😥

  • Like 1
Posted
imagine if Celine shocked us all and uploaded a video of just her playing the piano and singing something (christmas song or not) for the end of the year. that's my unrealistic dream
  • Like 1
Posted

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

I was in that very spot a couple days ago and definitely didn’t see it. Maybe it’s Dave, presumably home for Christmas, who snapped it at the opportune moment.

Posted

imagine if Celine shocked us all and uploaded a video of just her playing the piano and singing something (christmas song or not) for the end of the year. that's my unrealistic dream

 

That would be amazing.

Posted

That would be amazing.

 

I got chills imaginging it the other day. Like if she used the pandemic and her recovery time to get better at piano. Then she sings a poignant song, one of hers or a cover to blow everyone away and let out all the pandemic emotions.

 

Probably bc I listened to Nina Simone that this thought popped into my head.

Posted

Merry Christmas Everybody xx 🎄🎄🎄

 

Kev x

 

 

  • Like 2
Posted

 

Celine didn’t release her album in the 21st century though…

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

O Holy Night

 

Apple Music:

#13 Solomon Islands

#53 Luxembourg

#66 Belgium

#68 Canada

#105 Netherlands

#113 Slovenia

#117 New Zealand

#118 Ireland

#121 Lebanon

#122 Finland

#122 Norway

#141 Malta

#143 Australia

#153 Italy

#154 Lithuania

#163 Latvia

#169 Sweden

#172 Croatia

#175 Estonia

#180 United States

#193 United Kingdom

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Who else wishes could play a wider selection of Christmas songs on Spotify but stick to TAST because…. Because you just want to increase celine’s stats during Christmas time? Lol

 

 

 

Edited by zuv
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...