weasley123 Posted December 18, 2021 at 05:59 PM Posted December 18, 2021 at 05:59 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Come on Celine, we are waiting for a Christmas message ... I must say, this looks so ugly. They should hire a better graphic designer. This looks like they hire a kid from high school to make this design. Like it was made by Canva or something. Talking about how unprofessional her social media team is. Geez. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted December 18, 2021 at 06:05 PM Posted December 18, 2021 at 06:05 PM I must say, this looks so ugly. They should hire a better graphic designer. This looks like they hire a kid from high school to make this design. Like it was made by Canva or something. Talking about how unprofessional her social media team is. Geez. I use Canva but I am nowhere near a professional. Yes, her team really could use lessons. Or just sack the whole team 1 Quote
scielle Posted December 18, 2021 at 07:22 PM Posted December 18, 2021 at 07:22 PM Interesting take -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted December 18, 2021 at 11:17 PM Posted December 18, 2021 at 11:17 PM I find all the Celine fans begging for an update on Celine's health on her Twitter to be very cringe and rude. Yes, her team could be better with the content, but she and they do not owe anyone an update on her health. It's so cringeworthy reading some of the responses, that's the first word that comes to mind. 1 Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 19, 2021 at 12:59 PM Posted December 19, 2021 at 12:59 PM Album: These are Special TimesiTunes: #83 Canada (+16)Apple Music: #28 Fiji (NE)#41 Finland (+42)#51 Canada (+44)#57 Trinidad and Tobago (+140)#61 Indonesia (+42)#65 New Zealand (NE)#75 Ireland (+94)#76 Malta (-13)#77 Sri Lanka (+74)#85 Norway (+53)#125 Papua New Guinea (-41)#126 Antigua and Barbuda (-14)#152 Panama (-32)#163 Barbados (-14)#177 Grenada (NE)#199 Switzerland (NE) 2 Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 20, 2021 at 06:54 AM Posted December 20, 2021 at 06:54 AM Album: These are Special TimesiTunes: #2 Uganda#67 Canada#98 SwitzerlandApple Music: #41 Finland#46 Canada#51 Trinidad and Tobago#74 Indonesia#82 Fiji#104 New Zealand#110 Dominica#111 Barbados#112 Sweden#119 Austria#123 Antigua and Barbuda#126 Ireland#127 Norway#132 Papua New Guinea#133 Sri Lanka#142 Switzerland#157 Denmark#171 Macau#200 Czech Republic 1 Quote
isurrender Posted December 20, 2021 at 02:52 PM Posted December 20, 2021 at 02:52 PM Have you noticed that they removed "I m your angel" from TAST on streaming platform but they kept it on "All the way" and "My love"? Typical TC non sense. Quote
Celinelife Posted December 20, 2021 at 03:21 PM Posted December 20, 2021 at 03:21 PM Have you noticed that they removed "I m your angel" from TAST on streaming platform but they kept it on "All the way" and "My love"? Typical TC non sense.Yes. Thank God. I love that song. Quote
OnlyCeline Posted December 20, 2021 at 07:18 PM Posted December 20, 2021 at 07:18 PM (edited) I‘m sorry but her Christmas Special is always a big disappointment. She only sang 2-3 Christmas songs and most of them aren’t live! Even in 2013 she barely performed Christmas Songs on A Home For Holiday! Who did the setlist?? Kinda sad that she never performs her „own“ Christmas songs like Don’t Save It All, Christmas Eve, TAST live. Edited December 20, 2021 at 07:24 PM by OnlyCeline 2 Quote http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9860/ggxz9.jpg
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 21, 2021 at 02:33 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 02:33 AM I'm sorry but her Christmas Special is always a big disappointment. She only sang 2-3 Christmas songs and most of them aren't live! Even in 2013 she barely performed Christmas Songs on A Home For Holiday! Who did the setlist?? Kinda sad that she never performs her „own" Christmas songs like Don't Save It All, Christmas Eve, TAST live.And Celine's team never uploads her X-mas songs live on VEVOwhat a s**t for that Quote
comingback Posted December 21, 2021 at 03:12 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 03:12 AM I‘m sorry but her Christmas Special is always a big disappointment. She only sang 2-3 Christmas songs and most of them aren’t live! Even in 2013 she barely performed Christmas Songs on A Home For Holiday! Who did the setlist?? Kinda sad that she never performs her „own“ Christmas songs like Don’t Save It All, Christmas Eve, TAST live. Yes, her TV special isn't festive, the setlist is horrible. I watched the Christmas TV special from our German Diva Helene Fischer last weekend, that one feel like Christmas. Quote
PuraVida Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:18 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:18 AM And Celine's team never uploads her X-mas songs live on VEVOwhat a s**t for that Which live ones? Quote
PuraVida Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:27 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:27 AM I'm sorry but her Christmas Special is always a big disappointment. She only sang 2-3 Christmas songs and most of them aren't live! Even in 2013 she barely performed Christmas Songs on A Home For Holiday! Who did the setlist?? Kinda sad that she never performs her „own" Christmas songs like Don't Save It All, Christmas Eve, TAST live. She did The Prayer and Oh Holy Night. Is there another Chritmas song I'm forgetting that she included from her album in the special? Quote
stone Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:39 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:39 AM I was always so frustrated that my favorite Christmas song she does it live… with Rosie 🙄…. And we don’t have an official recording of just her. She probably recorded the song but Sony scrapped it since it was/is Whitney’s biggest Christmas song. Quote
PuraVida Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:43 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:43 AM I was always so frustrated that my favorite Christmas song she does it live… with Rosie …. And we don't have an official recording of just her. She probably recorded the song but Sony scrapped it since it was/is Whitney's biggest Christmas song. But Whitney's holiday album didn't come out until 2003 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted December 21, 2021 at 06:44 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 06:44 AM But Whitney's holiday album didn't come out until 2003 Yeah, but 'Do you hear what I hear' was recorded in 1987 as a one-off. 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted December 21, 2021 at 07:33 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 07:33 AM Have you noticed that they removed "I m your angel" from TAST on streaming platform but they kept it on "All the way" and "My love"? Typical TC non sense. That’s actually not “typical TC nonsense.” It’s Sony nonsense. Jesus. You people want to blame Celine’s personal team for everything. Is Covid their fault too? Because it’s just as ridiculous an accusation. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted December 21, 2021 at 07:40 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 07:40 AM I was always so frustrated that my favorite Christmas song she does it live… with Rosie 🙄…. And we don’t have an official recording of just her. She probably recorded the song but Sony scrapped it since it was/is Whitney’s biggest Christmas song. I think they sang that song because it worked as a call and answer act. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted December 21, 2021 at 07:44 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 07:44 AM (edited) She did The Prayer and Oh Holy Night. Is there another Chritmas song I'm forgetting that she included from her album in the special? Yes, she did those two songs, AND “Do You Hear What I Hear?” with Rosie. Plus “These Are The Special Times” as her encore. For a one hour TV special (40-45 minutes really with commercials), that is plenty. It was her first US TV special, where she was riding the Titanic wave, and singing TPOL, BYLM, and MHWGO was imperative. PLUS, we got a beautiful live version of LTAL. The video above however is super cut down, and if you’ve seen the original version, makes it less enjoyable. What people aren’t realizing, is that this was a US TV Special. And it originally aired the night before American Thanksgiving. Back in 1998, the “Christmas Season” didn’t start really until the day after Thanksgiving, if not even until December 1st. So, this special was honestly more of a jump start into the holiday season, rather than specifically a “Christmas” special. Y’all just look for things to bítch about these days lol. Get a hobby! Edited December 21, 2021 at 07:47 AM by CelinesDIVO5 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
OnlyCeline Posted December 21, 2021 at 11:45 AM Posted December 21, 2021 at 11:45 AM She did The Prayer and Oh Holy Night. Is there another Chritmas song I'm forgetting that she included from her album in the special? She did perform Do you hear what I hear with Rosie and The Prayer isn’t even a Christmas song.. however she did O Holy Night live at Michael Buble‘s Christmas Special and she did it wonderfully. I hope she’d perform O Holy Night again or make a music video!! Quote http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9860/ggxz9.jpg
smw Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:36 PM Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:36 PM I really like the These Are Special Times TV special. Celine was THE singer at the time. It was such a wonderful time in her career, she looks & sounds beautiful, and I think it was well done. Looking back at Celine’s career highlights / marketing, it’s also interesting to see how much influence Celine’s had on Adele. Quote
smw Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:53 PM Posted December 21, 2021 at 05:53 PM Looks like O Holy Night will hit 4 million views soon: 1 Quote
isurrender Posted December 21, 2021 at 06:16 PM Posted December 21, 2021 at 06:16 PM That’s actually not “typical TC nonsense.” It’s Sony nonsense. Jesus. You people want to blame Celine’s personal team for everything. Is Covid their fault too? Because it’s just as ridiculous an accusation. Big lol. You really need to wake up. But on that one, I think you're right. It can't be Céline team. Because it implies she has one. I refuse to believe that. Quote
PuraVida Posted December 21, 2021 at 10:08 PM Posted December 21, 2021 at 10:08 PM (edited) She did perform Do you hear what I hear with Rosie and The Prayer isn't even a Christmas song.. however she did O Holy Night live at Michael Buble's Christmas Special and she did it wonderfully. I hope she'd perform O Holy Night again or make a music video!! I would call The Prayer a Christmas song, but in any case it was included on her holiday album. So it made sense to include it for sure. So that's 3 songs out of...not sure how many. Anyway, I agree she should have done an entire show of her Christmas album. Very sad that she didn't. I will however go and compare to other Christmas specials to see where she stacks up in terms of that metric. Edited December 21, 2021 at 10:12 PM by PuraVida Quote
PuraVida Posted December 21, 2021 at 10:10 PM Posted December 21, 2021 at 10:10 PM Yes, she did those two songs, AND "Do You Hear What I Hear?" with Rosie. Plus "These Are The Special Times" as her encore. For a one hour TV special (40-45 minutes really with commercials), that is plenty. It was her first US TV special, where she was riding the Titanic wave, and singing TPOL, BYLM, and MHWGO was imperative. PLUS, we got a beautiful live version of LTAL. The video above however is super cut down, and if you've seen the original version, makes it less enjoyable. What people aren't realizing, is that this was a US TV Special. And it originally aired the night before American Thanksgiving. Back in 1998, the "Christmas Season" didn't start really until the day after Thanksgiving, if not even until December 1st. So, this special was honestly more of a jump start into the holiday season, rather than specifically a "Christmas" special. Y'all just look for things to bítch about these days lol. Get a hobby! I was just asking questions. But go ahead and be rude if you like. 1 Quote
marc-02 Posted December 22, 2021 at 03:15 AM Posted December 22, 2021 at 03:15 AM (edited) The TV special might be lacking with her Christmas songs. But if you come to think of it, she's performed almost ALL the songs from the album (whether live or lipped) over the years on different occasions. - OHN: 1998 TV Special, Buble special- DSIAFCD: Disney special- BC: Today- AYHGB: Rosie, Letterman- GBUE: Rosie- TCS: GMA, Foster special, Las Vegas, Rockefeller- OCAYF: Disney Special- The Prayer: Oscars, her concerts- TAST: 1998 TV Special, Home for Holidays- HXmas: 1999 TV special, Buble- IYA: countless TV guestings, her concerts- LCDH: Oprah That's 12 songs out of 16. Now who does that, right? She's literally performed two-thirds of the entire album. Plus, we got IMAAOACD as a bonus (and Do You Hear What I Hear, O Christmas Tree etc.) I am no lamb, but I don't think Mariah has performed that many songs from both her Xmas albums. Edited December 22, 2021 at 03:17 AM by marc-02 1 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted December 22, 2021 at 05:58 AM Posted December 22, 2021 at 05:58 AM The fact “Christmas Eve” has never been performed live is, at best, ridiculous. 4 Quote
Celinelife Posted December 22, 2021 at 06:02 AM Posted December 22, 2021 at 06:02 AM The TV special might be lacking with her Christmas songs. But if you come to think of it, she's performed almost ALL the songs from the album (whether live or lipped) over the years on different occasions. - OHN: 1998 TV Special, Buble special- DSIAFCD: Disney special- BC: Today- AYHGB: Rosie, Letterman- GBUE: Rosie- TCS: GMA, Foster special, Las Vegas, Rockefeller- OCAYF: Disney Special- The Prayer: Oscars, her concerts- TAST: 1998 TV Special, Home for Holidays- HXmas: 1999 TV special, Buble- IYA: countless TV guestings, her concerts- LCDH: Oprah That's 12 songs out of 16. Now who does that, right? She's literally performed two-thirds of the entire album. Plus, we got IMAAOACD as a bonus (and Do You Hear What I Hear, O Christmas Tree etc.) I am no lamb, but I don't think Mariah has performed that many songs from both her Xmas albums.Half of those songs were performed in 90s. Wish she would sing Another Year Has Gone By someday, would love to see her mature voice in it. Quote
PuraVida Posted December 22, 2021 at 06:29 AM Posted December 22, 2021 at 06:29 AM I am no lamb, but I don't think Mariah has performed that many songs from both her Xmas albums. Mariah's 2010 Christmas special on ABC (haven't checked her 2020 / 2021 Christmas specials on Apple+) had the following setlist over 42 minutes. Oh Santa! O Little Town of Bethlehem/Little Drummer Boy (Medley) O Holy Night Here Comes Santa ClausWhen Christmas ComesCharlie Brown ChristmasJoy To The WorldChristmas Time is in The Air AgainO Come All Ye Faithful/Hallelujah ChorusAll I Want For Christmas is You Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.