Jump to content

"These Are Special Times" album - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

I truly believe „Christmas Eve" could - if handled properly-easily become Celines AIWFCIY. It has massive potential! And even today it sounds very current.

 

I have always thought this could have been.

  • Like 3

I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thing

www.twitter.com/ajguerras

Posted

These Are Special Times is the definitive Christmas album in my view. I listened to Mariah’s album yesterday, honestly I couldn’t wait to turn it back. She had a great voice technically, but there wasn’t a single song that I felt was genuine. Celine’s album really captures the true spirit of Xmas.

 

I will say one thing for Mariah, she knows how to promote the hell out of her s***. I’ve seen her everywhere. She’s flogging that song to death. Although I wish Celine would do the same, I quite enjoy her distance from promotion. I know it sound weird but I like the fact she hasn’t had to appear on every tv show to get her music out there.

 

I’m not saying I don’t want Celine to promote but I’m sure they are strategically planning so this album doesn’t fall in the abyss. November is a notoriously competitive time to release, she made her impact on the chart and I’m sure a few appearances in the New Year will give it a new life. The important thing that most legacy artists strive for (and often fail I.e Caution and Streisand’s last release), is longevity. I’d rather she waited for her moment rather than flog it to death in its first week then nothing. Have faith, I have a good feeling. We’ve only just seen the beginning of this album.

Posted

Album: These Are Special Times

 

iTunes:

#7 Indonesia (NE)

#12 Antigua and Barbuda (-1)

#30 Uganda (-11)

#37 South Africa (+9)

#39 Switzerland (-5)

#50 Belgium (+8)

#55 Canada (-24)

#130 United States (-61)

#154 Italy (+23)

#182 Australia (-95)

#216 Germany (-30)

#341 United Kingdom (-211)

#359 France (-255)

  • Like 1
Posted

Happy Xmas on Spotify charts:

Peak 97

#100 Worldwide - 1,619,563

  • Like 2
Posted

WHO CAN GIVE ME A REASON

 

:wacko:

[why Team-celine didn't upload celine's Christmas songs live on VEVO ]

 

1999 So This Is Christmas TV Special, CBS

2007 The Christmas Song + Alone (Christmas In Rockefeller Center).

2008 Celine Dion - Don't Save It All for Christmas Day (Live at Disney Parks) [HD]

2009 Oh Come All Ye Faithful @ Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade

Another Year Has Gone By - The Rosie O'Donnell Show

The Magic of Christmas - The Rosie O'Donnell Show

  • Like 1
Posted

actually she just came up with the line „how many people“ :D the rest was written by Rick Wake

 

Not just one line. She came up with the entire pre-chorus (how many people are dying people are crying how many people are asking for love). Then apart from Rick Wake, Peter Zizzo also contributed to finishing the song.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

They should shoot a real Video on VEVO

red is daily views

Andrea Bocelli, Céline Dion - The Prayer85,062,208 75,574

 

Audio only

 

1Céline Dion - Happy Xmas (War Is Over) (Official Audio) 2,675,847 33,709

 

2 Céline Dion - O Holy Night (Official Audio) 1,495,457 24,371

3

829,778 18,948

 

4

705,954 10,282

 

5

751,796 7,692

 

Because they care... but not thaaat much...

 

That’s why we got half of a gift song (Happy Xmas (war is over)) They care about the fans... but paying rights for the full song on social media ... woaaa hold your horses!

 

I’m making reasons up, but i bet its wasn’t something complicated... didn’t have much will to do it right. Just like her set list hahah ok im done

:P

 

Merry Christmas

Edited by zuv
Posted

 

 

Not just one line. She came up with the entire pre-chorus (how many people are dying people are crying how many people are asking for love). Then apart from Rick Wake, Peter Zizzo also contributed to finishing the song.

 

Exactly. In 1998 or 1999 in a CNN report they told the story of how the song came about and showed an excerpt from the original recording on Ric Wake's answering machine. That excerpt is very similar to what would be recorded in a studio.

DSIAFCD was effectively co-written by Celine! ;)

  • Like 1
Posted

Yup, Bruno is right. Back in late 1998, Celine explained to a VH1 reporter the story of Don't Save It All For Christmas Day. I so badly hope we'll get the full recording session one day...

 

  • Like 1

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
surprised the album failed to do much on the usa front this week. mariah's christmas album is expected to be number 1, yes you heard that right, whereas celine's is nowhere in the top 200. sony why are you not pushing her xmas album too......
Posted

surprised the album failed to do much on the usa front this week. mariah's christmas album is expected to be number 1, yes you heard that right, whereas celine's is nowhere in the top 200. sony why are you not pushing her xmas album too......

 

Not surprised since it's a holiday season.

Posted

Not surprised since it's a holiday season.

 

i meant her xmas album is nowhere in the top200, which is a pity cause celine's xmas album is epic

Posted

 

 

i meant her xmas album is nowhere in the top200, which is a pity cause celine's xmas album is epic

 

Ahhh i agree. Well, they should promote it. Like Mariah does lol

  • Like 1
Posted

We should stop just blaming Sony... what has Celine done this holiday season to promote her holiday album? Mariah has been doing tons of promo.

 

Celine isn’t even bothering to promote her new album that came out weeks ago..

 

Kev x

  • Like 5
Posted

My favorite look of céline. She really looks so gorgeous

 

  • Like 2
Posted

We should stop just blaming Sony... what has Celine done this holiday season to promote her holiday album? Mariah has been doing tons of promo.

 

Celine isn’t even bothering to promote her new album that came out weeks ago..

 

Kev x

 

This. It’s pretty clear Celine doesn’t give a crap about the album anymore. If she did, she’d do things like perform AYHGB around NYE, or do something special with CE on the day of. However, she doesn’t. Actions speak louder than words. And for the record, I don’t find a half-a$$ed performance of HX to be acknowledging the album.

  • Like 2
Posted

My favorite look of céline. She really looks so gorgeous

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhnkRBznXQA

 

Gosh, I still can't get over how gorgeous she was looking there. Both looks were incredible!

  • Like 2

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

I don't understand one point

 

Celine and Mariah are signed to the same record company

 

who is the fault

  • Like 1

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted (edited)

I don't understand one point

 

Celine and Mariah are signed to the same record company

 

who is the fault

 

I think it’s becoming pretty clear that René arranged, and probably MADE Celine do, all the promotion for her music. Since he passed she’s been very slow, almost reluctant, to promote her music. Remember the days she’d be on ALL the major tv shows AND sing on them during release week?

 

After a 6 year gap between English albums, the story she has to tell in that time and some brilliant new music she should’ve, frankly, been everywhere for the first few months promoting the hell out of it. I can’t believe she hasn’t been to Europe at all. I can’t believe we have one pitiful performance of “Imperfections” from Macy’s. I can’t believe the absolute stupidity and apparent urgency to get the tour started so soon after a Vegas finished.

 

Maybe Celine wouldn’t have sold significantly more albums than she did even with promotion. Guess what though? We’ll never know will we! Celine has always needed TV performances and in person appearances to promote her new material. For her to apparently abandon this is just crazy.

 

People will say she doesn’t want to do it. And that’s fine. But fans, her record company, the media, TeamCeline and Celine herself will have to get used to the new normal then. Rubbish sales, rubbish streams and longevity of 2 weeks for her new music. Celine was apparently furious about her drop on the Billboard 200? Funny way of showing it. The silence, and lack of promo, has been deafening!

 

On this occasion, in my opinion, Sony couldn’t have done any more to promote Celine!

Edited by Shaun
  • Like 6

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted

surprised the album failed to do much on the usa front this week. mariah's christmas album is expected to be number 1, yes you heard that right, whereas celine's is nowhere in the top 200. sony why are you not pushing her xmas album too......

 

Sorry, No no.1 for mariahs xmas album. She can try again next year.

 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8547134/harry-styles-fine-line-spends-second-week-at-no-1-on-billboard-200-chart

Posted

I think it's becoming pretty clear that René arranged, and probably MADE Celine do, all the promotion for her music. Since he passed she's been very slow, almost reluctant, to promote her music. Remember the days she'd be on ALL the major tv shows AND sing on them during release week?

 

After a 6 year gap between English albums, the story she has to tell in that time and some brilliant new music she should've, frankly, been everywhere for the first few months promoting the hell out of it. I can't believe she hasn't been to Europe at all. I can't believe we have one pitiful performance of "Imperfections" from Macy's. I can't believe the absolute stupidity and apparent urgency to get the tour started so soon after a Vegas finished.

 

Maybe Celine wouldn't have sold significantly more albums than she did even with promotion. Guess what though? We'll never know will we! Celine has always needed TV performances and in person appearances to promote her new material. For her to apparently abandon this is just crazy.

 

People will say she doesn't want to do it. And that's fine. But fans, her record company, the media, TeamCeline and Celine herself will have to get used to the new normal then. Rubbish sales, rubbish streams and longevity of 2 weeks for her new music. Celine was apparently furious about her drop on the Billboard 200? Funny way of showing it. The silence, and lack of promo, has been deafening!

 

On this occasion, in my opinion, Sony couldn't have done any more to promote Celine!

 

Would you prefer a low quality album like LMBTL with great sales or a quality album with average sales? STOP CARING ABOUT PROMOTION. Celine never addressed the drop on billboard because she has never cared, nor ever will care about charts, and neither should you.

 

And you also seem to conveniently ignore the fact that the album has just spent its 6th week in the uk top 20, you just want to find a reason to complain about something. Also, its the holiday season, go spend time with family instead of trying to force Celine to do promo she clearly isn't interested in

Posted

I think it's becoming pretty clear that René arranged, and probably MADE Celine do, all the promotion for her music. Since he passed she's been very slow, almost reluctant, to promote her music.

 

Well, René was no longer with us when she was promoting Encore Un Soir three years ago. We had Aldo instead and the promo was far from poor.

 

She's with the same record company as in 2016, almost same team as well, but the management has changed. Maybe we should blame Dave and Denis for this lack of promo. :hmm:

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
Happy Xmas (War Is Over) is #96 on the Official Italian Singles Chart (fimi) for the week of Christmas!
  • Like 3
Posted
In my book, I'm Your Angel will always be a Christmas song because it came out in a Christmas album... And I consider it to hold the record for the Xmas song to stay on top of the Hot 100 the longest, for six weeks! Haha... Why do they always overlook this fact! 😝
Posted

I bet you hadn't seen this before. Here's a rare performance of Hark! The Herald Angels Sing by Celine, Marc Anthony, Gloria Estefan, Billy Porter and many others.

 

  • Like 1

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

 

 

I bet you hadn't seen this before. Here's a rare performance of Hark! The Herald Angels Sing by Celine, Marc Anthony, Gloria Estefan, Billy Porter and many others.

 

 

No i hasn't! Thanks! Too bad they didnt include this on the Rosie album.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 2


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

Can somebody tell this guy that Celine doesn't hold that record. Bon Jovi does.

 

Haha those lambs are so funny. Queen of breaking records even this lol hahahahaaha

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...