marc-02 Posted December 1, 2019 at 06:14 AM Posted December 1, 2019 at 06:14 AM (edited) A little bit late to the conversation, but I was always pissed off by the fact Celine dodged the possibility of creating a Christmas classic.Mariah was WAY more clever in that area - plus All I want for Christmas IS a good Christmas song.Any Celine song would have reach the top at the time - since I'm your angel did while being pretty bad.It is just a banal power ballad, not related to christmas at all.So, Celine doesn't have a Christmas classic, and Mariah can sell every year loads of her album.Phil Spector was right: they're only interested in quick money rather than writing history. That's why she absolutely should release a 'new' single from this album some day, I'm sure it'll do wonders on the holiday chart. And seize the occasion to re-edit the album with bonus tracks. As Mariah does. PS: I'm still searching what Brahm's lullaby, I'm your Angel and The Prayer have to do with Christmas... You know what people can claim all they want that Mariah is the Queen of Christmas and all... And that AIWFCIY charts every single year... But the fact remains that her Christmas album: - has not produced a Billboard No. 1 like I'm Your Angel (I know its not a Christmas song but it is in a holiday albun so just accept it that technically speaking it is a 'holiday song') - has not produced an Oscar nominated and Golden Globe winning song like The Prayer - charted lower on Billboard 200 than TAST So yes lambs can say all the yakiti yakyak but Mariah's album has never or has yet to clinch those feats... Case closed. Haha. Besides, The Prayer, like AIWFCIY, has become an all-time classic and has also become a staple not just during Christmas but throughout the year as it is considered not just a holiday song but more of a spiritual/religious/inspirational song.. being sung in choirs, festivals, funerals, weddings, and like AIWFCIS, has been covered a gazillion times by other artists so yeah it definitely has stood the test of time. And in some way The Prayer is Celine's AIWFC. Though production-wise Christmas Eve is Celine's AIWFC (and I secretly hope one day they revive the song and it just blows up everywhere!) Edited December 1, 2019 at 06:19 AM by marc-02 5 Quote
stevo Posted December 1, 2019 at 09:15 AM Posted December 1, 2019 at 09:15 AM Happy TAST Day 🎄 2 Quote
ryba Posted December 1, 2019 at 10:28 AM Posted December 1, 2019 at 10:28 AM Though production-wise Christmas Eve is Celine's AIWFC (and I secretly hope one day they revive the song and it just blows up everywhere!)I think that now would be the perfect time to do it, during the Celinessance. 1 Quote
Dreamy Posted December 1, 2019 at 12:34 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 12:34 PM (edited) How would be amazing if she make a video from Happy Xmas (war is over) this beautiful song, it would be perfect as a single ❤! Edited December 1, 2019 at 12:35 PM by Dreamy 1 Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:10 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:10 PM These Are Special Times (As of November 30th) 1 - O Holy Night - 11,412,1082 - Don’t Save It All for Christmas Day - 5,751,6463 - Blue Christmas - 2,227,8044 - Another Year Has Gone By - 3,849,8485 - The Magic Of Christmas Day - 3,623,3336 - Ave Maria - 5,737,3887 - Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful) - 2,479,9198 - The Christmas Song -2,688,7789 - The Prayer - 43,212,82310 - Brahms’ Lullaby - 2,287,88811 - Christmas Eve - 4,506,55412 - These Are Special Times - 2,341,79313 - Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - 52,243,52814 - Feliz Navidad - 3,823,92715 - Les Cloches du Hameau - 1,309,997 1 Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:12 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:12 PM How would be amazing if she make a video from Happy Xmas (war is over) this beautiful song, it would be perfect as a single ❤! this song has a live version but still not upload on VEVO And so many Christmas songs have live version but they just don't care 1 Quote
yoyoma Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:20 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:20 PM You know what people can claim all they want that Mariah is the Queen of Christmas and all... And that AIWFCIY charts every single year... But the fact remains that her Christmas album: - has not produced a Billboard No. 1 like I'm Your Angel (I know its not a Christmas song but it is in a holiday albun so just accept it that technically speaking it is a 'holiday song') - has not produced an Oscar nominated and Golden Globe winning song like The Prayer - charted lower on Billboard 200 than TAST So yes lambs can say all the yakiti yakyak but Mariah's album has never or has yet to clinch those feats... Case closed. Haha. Besides, The Prayer, like AIWFCIY, has become an all-time classic and has also become a staple not just during Christmas but throughout the year as it is considered not just a holiday song but more of a spiritual/religious/inspirational song.. being sung in choirs, festivals, funerals, weddings, and like AIWFCIS, has been covered a gazillion times by other artists so yeah it definitely has stood the test of time. And in some way The Prayer is Celine's AIWFC. Though production-wise Christmas Eve is Celine's AIWFC (and I secretly hope one day they revive the song and it just blows up everywhere!) It is very likely Aifc will hit not 1 this year due to superpower of streaming 1 Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:28 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:28 PM Happy Xmas iTunes:#235 Austria (NE)#361 Canada (NE) Spotify:#144 Sweden (+44) Apple Music:#38 Sweden (+24)#146 Norway (NE) Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:29 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:29 PM O Holy Night iTunes:#341 Canada (NE)#699 United Kingdom (+671) Apple Music:#135 Sweden (+129)#217 Finland (NE)#264 Canada (NE)#312 Denmark (NE)#326 Luxembourg (NE)#383 Switzerland (NE)#457 New Zealand (NE)#939 United States (+35) Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:30 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:30 PM Album: These Are Special Times iTunes:#6 Bermuda (-1)#50 Canada (+50)#64 Austria (NE)#155 Switzerland (NE)#260 United States (-51)#340 Germany (-101)#974 United Kingdom (NE) Apple Music:#68 Grenada (NE)#92 Denmark (+270)#95 Norway (+111)#122 Indonesia (+36)#137 Canada (+118)#150 Finland (+17)#150 Guatemala (+11)#171 Ireland (NE)#221 New Zealand (NE)#325 Germany (NE)#380 Sweden (NE)#472 Netherlands (NE)#1009 United States (+62) Quote
marc-02 Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:42 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:42 PM (edited) It is very likely Aifc will hit not 1 this year due to superpower of streaming Lets hope it finally does... Every single year she's been trying so hard to push this song over and over. Hopefully this year's the year. Or else she'll have to try again next holiday or the one after that and so on... Edited December 1, 2019 at 03:43 PM by marc-02 Quote
yoyoma Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:47 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 03:47 PM Lets hope it finally does... Every single year she's been trying so hard to push this song over and over. Hopefully this year's the year. Or else she'll have to try again next holiday or the one after that and so on... Agreed. The song actually deserved to be no 1 mainly because it is not a one hit wonder Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
Critiaslux Posted December 1, 2019 at 04:14 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 04:14 PM Advent begins today. 🌠 Now streaming back TAST album in alternance with Courage album 😉 This is such a beautifully produced album. Holy Night is simply indeed divine 😍 3 Quote
smw Posted December 1, 2019 at 05:51 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 05:51 PM (edited) The more I think about it -- the more I realize what an impact this album has had.There are so many songs from this album that are well known.She's a bigger staple during the holidays than I realized. Mariah tries to brand herself as the Queen of Christmas because... What else is she gonna do? Her regular concerts don't sell nearly as well as Celine's. She has a wonderful song with All I Want For Christmas Is You... But Celine has more holiday songs / covers that are widely known. Edited December 1, 2019 at 05:54 PM by smw 1 Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted December 1, 2019 at 10:01 PM Posted December 1, 2019 at 10:01 PM https://youtu.be/LE25lQyWAvw I would love to see this music video in HD on Celine's official YouTube page.Maybe one day... 5 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 2, 2019 at 01:15 AM Posted December 2, 2019 at 01:15 AM Happy Xmas iTunes:#378 Canada (NE)#434 Austria (NE)#1104 United Kingdom (NE) Spotify:#89 Sweden (+55)#193 Denmark (NE)#197 Norway (NE) Apple Music:#50 Sweden (+4)#81 Norway (+65)#157 Denmark (NE)#474 Netherlands (NE) Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 2, 2019 at 01:16 AM Posted December 2, 2019 at 01:16 AM O Holy Night iTunes:#242 Canada (NE)#535 United Kingdom (+202) Apple Music:#132 Sweden (+56)#147 Norway (NE)#160 Canada (+143)#226 Luxembourg (NE)#236 Finland (+92)#299 Denmark (+128)#311 Switzerland (NE)#673 United States (+127) 1 Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 2, 2019 at 01:36 AM Posted December 2, 2019 at 01:36 AM This December gonna be a huge success for celineAlbum: These Are Special Times iTunes:#7 Bermuda (-1)#29 New Zealand (NE)#43 Canada (+17)#49 Denmark (NE)#98 Austria (NE)#202 United States (-3)#228 Germany (+57)#248 Switzerland (NE)#622 United Kingdom (NE) Apple Music:#77 Antigua and Barbuda (NE)#84 Finland (+68)#93 Denmark (+65)#96 Canada (+25)#108 Norway (+70)#146 Grenada (NE)#166 Indonesia (+37)#226 New Zealand (NE)#282 Ireland (NE)#300 Germany (+117)#459 Sweden (NE)#468 Philippines (NE)#472 Switzerland (NE)#779 United States (+95)#1140 United Kingdom (NE) 1 Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted December 2, 2019 at 03:51 AM Posted December 2, 2019 at 03:51 AM THESE ARE SPECIAL TIMES As of December 1st 1 - O Holy Night - 11,452,664 (+40,556)2 - Don’t Save It All for Christmas Day - 5,779,892 (+28,246)3 - Blue Christmas - 2,236,759 (+8,875)4 - Another Year Has Gone By - 3,869,850 (+20,002)5 - The Magic Of Christmas Day - 3,637,238 (+13,905)6 - Ave Maria - 5,752,680 (+15,292)7 - Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful) - 2,488,512 (+8,593)8 - The Christmas Song -2,700,053 (+11,275)9 - The Prayer - 43,272,642 (+59,81910 - Brahms’ Lullaby - 2,294,401 (+6,513)11 - Christmas Eve - 4,520,915 (+14,361)12 - These Are Special Times - 2,348,538 (+6,745)13 - Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - 52,606,949 (+363,421)14 - Feliz Navidad - 3,835,397 (+11,470)15 - Les Cloches du Hameau - 1,314,818 (+4,821) 2 Quote
jepoi Posted December 2, 2019 at 06:25 AM Posted December 2, 2019 at 06:25 AM In other news: https://m.9gag.com/funny/a3RGvj5?utm_campaign=link_post&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Facebook According to a recent UK poll, Mariah Carey’s 'All I Want for Christmas is You' is now the most annoying Christmas song ever, Variety reports. The survey was commissioned by mobile phone company Huawei. It asked its British customers to vote on which holiday songs they found to be most annoying. Here is the full list: All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah CareyDo They Know It's Christmas? - Band AidI Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - WizzardMerry Xmas Everybody - SladeLast Christmas - Wham!Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty MacCollBaby It's Cold Outside - Tom Jones & Cerys MatthewsSanta Claus is Coming to Town - Jackson 5Santa Baby - Eartha KittJingle Bells - Andrews Sisters Nowadays, the general public becomes more and more tired of hearing the same songs over and over again at Christmas time. Recently, the York Gin shop announced that it was banning all 'cheesy' Christmas hits from its shop in order to protect the sanity of its employees, who would have had to listen to the same songs on a loop for their entires shifts, according to Buzz. The move was recieved with praise for the shop, with owner Emma Godivola telling the York Press earlier in November: We’ve tested lots of songs to see which sound okay and which sound weird. And there’s a cut-off in the 1960s. Anything after that has been banned. 2 Quote
JulienMcbeal Posted December 2, 2019 at 01:14 PM Posted December 2, 2019 at 01:14 PM Besides, The Prayer, like AIWFCIY, has become an all-time classic and has also become a staple not just during Christmas but throughout the year as it is considered not just a holiday song but more of a spiritual/religious/inspirational song.. being sung in choirs, festivals, funerals, weddings, and like AIWFCIS, has been covered a gazillion times by other artists so yeah it definitely has stood the test of time. And in some way The Prayer is Celine's AIWFC. That's what I said: it is not a Christmas classic. An overall classic? Maybe.But you cannot say it's Celine's AIWFC. This last one is known by everyone, which is not the case for The Prayer - and no one thinks "Xmas" when they hear it. Celine can (and will) perform The Prayer any month she wants. And It definitively hadn't had the same cultural impact. Plus, do you really wanna compare the charts between the two songs? It may have passed the test of time, but it's still WAY less known.Every year there's an artist (several, even) who record AIWFCIY on their Christmas album. How many do record The Prayer (or any song from TAST) for theirs? Very few. Side bar: In France, no one knows Celine's version of OHN (not many more knows The Prayer), whereas every one knows AIWFCIY. It may be a very popular and famous version of the song (in some countries), but it's not a song Celine made famous. So stiil, Celine didn't create a Christmas Classic. PS: Christmas Eve is too dated now, it wouldn't work today. It would probably have at the time. Though it might have been scorned by critics for being a AIWFCIY rip-off. 2 Quote Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
Critiaslux Posted December 2, 2019 at 04:39 PM Posted December 2, 2019 at 04:39 PM In other news: https://m.9gag.com/funny/a3RGvj5?utm_campaign=link_post&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Facebook According to a recent UK poll, Mariah Carey’s 'All I Want for Christmas is You' is now the most annoying Christmas song ever, Variety reports. The survey was commissioned by mobile phone company Huawei. It asked its British customers to vote on which holiday songs they found to be most annoying. Here is the full list: All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah CareyDo They Know It's Christmas? - Band AidI Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - WizzardMerry Xmas Everybody - SladeLast Christmas - Wham!Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty MacCollBaby It's Cold Outside - Tom Jones & Cerys MatthewsSanta Claus is Coming to Town - Jackson 5Santa Baby - Eartha KittJingle Bells - Andrews Sisters Nowadays, the general public becomes more and more tired of hearing the same songs over and over again at Christmas time. Recently, the York Gin shop announced that it was banning all 'cheesy' Christmas hits from its shop in order to protect the sanity of its employees, who would have had to listen to the same songs on a loop for their entires shifts, according to Buzz. The move was recieved with praise for the shop, with owner Emma Godivola telling the York Press earlier in November: We’ve tested lots of songs to see which sound okay and which sound weird. And there’s a cut-off in the 1960s. Anything after that has been banned. The MHWGO saturation effect. There is an eagerness towards some song and then you cannot stand it for a while. 1 Quote
marc-02 Posted December 2, 2019 at 05:51 PM Posted December 2, 2019 at 05:51 PM (edited) That's what I said: it is not a Christmas classic. An overall classic? Maybe.But you cannot say it's Celine's AIWFC. This last one is known by everyone, which is not the case for The Prayer - and no one thinks "Xmas" when they hear it. Celine can (and will) perform The Prayer any month she wants. And It definitively hadn't had the same cultural impact. Plus, do you really wanna compare the charts between the two songs? It may have passed the test of time, but it's still WAY less known.Every year there's an artist (several, even) who record AIWFCIY on their Christmas album. How many do record The Prayer (or any song from TAST) for theirs? Very few. Side bar: In France, no one knows Celine's version of OHN (not many more knows The Prayer), whereas every one knows AIWFCIY. It may be a very popular and famous version of the song (in some countries), but it's not a song Celine made famous. So stiil, Celine didn't create a Christmas Classic. PS: Christmas Eve is too dated now, it wouldn't work today. It would probably have at the time. Though it might have been scorned by critics for being a AIWFCIY rip-off. You can't just say EVERYONE knows AIWFC... have you asked every single person on the planet? Not just because you or your closest circles or its popular in YOUR country then you GENERALIZE that EVERYONE knows the song. Yes it sure is popular but of course not everyone knows it. Oh come on. And of course AIWFC can obviously become a Xmas classic because IT IS about Christmas. The Prayer meanwhile, though technically in a XMas album (and thus can be classified a Xmas song)... Still has a more generic theme. And thus my point that because of that it has the likelihood to get played throughout the year and not just Christmas. And again your GENERALIZING on cultural impact. Have you traveled to every country to verify that? Again you are being country-centric... You should visit my country, where The Prayer gets sung very often TO THIS DAY (not a few years ago, not a decade ago... But to this day)... in schools, churches, religious gatherings, group presentations, in the cities and in our far flung provinces, local choirs competing here and abroad, children on the streets singing it too, trabslated to different languages AND dialects... So I don't know why you say as if The Prayer has not had a similar cultural impact as AIWFC when obviousoy you havent traveled the world to make such generalizations. I respect your opinion on what is popular and what has cultural impact but dont generalize and say as if it is a verified and widely accepted and proven fact.. word of advice, best to be very specific on the included demographic or circle or group of people when talking about popular and cultural appeal. And again I'm going back to critical acclaim from major award giving bodies. The Prayer has been nominated for both Grammy and Oscar awards. And won a Golden Globe. Something AIWFC never achieved. In the same way, AIWFC has charted higher, something that The Prayer has not achieved. I'm saying The Prayer is somewhat like Celine's AIWFC in the sense that both came off a XMas album and became hits and endured the test of time. But if you are really talking about what Celine's AIWFC is in terms of popular success and cultural impact. Then that would go to MHWGO. Or rather the other way around, I think AIWFC eventually became Mariah's biggest song. Although the difference is MHWGO became an instant classic and got all sorts of popular and critical acclaim from the get go. AIWFC meanwhile was more of a slow burber, just a moderate hit during its time and not necessarily THE mariah song top of head... And it is only in the recebt decades (this decade and maybe latter part of the last decade) that AIWFC has grown to become a XMas classic. Edited December 2, 2019 at 06:06 PM by marc-02 Quote
JulienMcbeal Posted December 2, 2019 at 06:02 PM Posted December 2, 2019 at 06:02 PM Envoyé de mon LLD-L31 en utilisant Tapatalk Quote Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
marc-02 Posted December 2, 2019 at 06:07 PM Posted December 2, 2019 at 06:07 PM Envoyé de mon LLD-L31 en utilisant Tapatalk 😉 Quote
yoyoma Posted December 2, 2019 at 07:16 PM Posted December 2, 2019 at 07:16 PM I think she will still be in top 100 after final billboard chart revealed Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
celinesounds Posted December 2, 2019 at 08:10 PM Posted December 2, 2019 at 08:10 PM The Prayer is the most signature song on the album, and one of her most know songs but this one should have been pushed up with a MV Quote #FREEJAVITO
JulienMcbeal Posted December 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM Posted December 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM (edited) You can't just say EVERYONE knows AIWFC... have you asked every single person on the planet? Not just because you or your closest circles or its popular in YOUR country then you GENERALIZE that EVERYONE knows the song. Yes it sure is popular but of course not everyone knows it. Oh come on. Yes, I was genuinely saying that 7 686 458 305 persons know AIWFC.It wasn't a figure of speech, a rethorical stance, I absolutely think that there's no single person on Earth who doesn't know AIWFC. When I talked about France, it was just an example, not said as Gospel, an illustration to further my point. I though that was clear when I began the paragraph by "side bar" and not included it in my general reasoning. Otherwise, I was talking worldwide. But I'm country-centered for writing two sentences about my country. Meanwhile, you write 20 sentences about yours. What about MHWGO? I'm talking about "christmas classics" status. I'm glad The Prayer is obviously a hit in your country.What about awards? I don't think they mean anything, I don't think FIY deserved the grammy for best album (even though it's my favourite one), but primarily, I was not talking about quality. Just the aforementioned status.There's no comparison: you've got a festive pop christmas song and a general spiritual hymn ballad. Totally different - and I love them both. Yes, Mariah push it hard every year. And rightfully so: I know it might seem confusing for Celine's fans, but artists usually DO promote their material. Side bar : Being part of a Christmas album doesn't automatically mean the song is a Christmas one. Danny Boy is on Bing Crosby's Merry Christmas. So yeah, I do maintain that globaly, in the world (not talking about France or Philippines), AIWFC is way more famous than The Prayer. And that The Prayer is not a christmas classic, but a classic per se for all year long. Which you all agreed, and which was my point all along.Globaly, on spotify, AIWFC is currently #2. Worldwide.Last Christmas by Wham #8. Michael Bublé #19 (for a classic he did not create). Brenda Lee, Bobby helms, Andy Williams are in top 30, decades after their release. Justin Bieber's Mistletoe is 27. Band Aid is 30.Celine si nowhere to be found on their top 200. In France? The first Christmas song charting Spotify is... AIWFC (#52). Then Wham (103).In Philippines? The first one is... AIWFC (#83). Then, #135 A Perfect Christmas by Tatak Pinoy All-Stars.138 Santa Tell me, Ariana Grande. 177 Christmas in Our Hearts, Jose Mari Chan 178 Last Christmas, Wham!(Shania's you're still the one is #91, why? ) - Sorry if I missed Christmas songs from your country, I don't know them so they could have escape my looking. And what happens when you type All I want for Christmas and The Prayer in the youtube searchbar? This:I rest my case. Edited December 3, 2019 at 12:12 AM by JulienMcbeal 1 Quote Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
gafsa Posted December 3, 2019 at 12:36 AM Posted December 3, 2019 at 12:36 AM All I want for this thread is absolutely not Mariah Carey 5 Quote
marc-02 Posted December 3, 2019 at 06:12 AM Posted December 3, 2019 at 06:12 AM (edited) Yes, I was genuinely saying that 7 686 458 305 persons know AIWFC.It wasn't a figure of speech, a rethorical stance, I absolutely think that there's no single person on Earth who doesn't know AIWFC. When I talked about France, it was just an example, not said as Gospel, an illustration to further my point. I though that was clear when I began the paragraph by "side bar" and not included it in my general reasoning. Otherwise, I was talking worldwide. But I'm country-centered for writing two sentences about my country. Meanwhile, you write 20 sentences about yours. What about MHWGO? I'm talking about "christmas classics" status. I'm glad The Prayer is obviously a hit in your country.What about awards? I don't think they mean anything, I don't think FIY deserved the grammy for best album (even though it's my favourite one), but primarily, I was not talking about quality. Just the aforementioned status.There's no comparison: you've got a festive pop christmas song and a general spiritual hymn ballad. Totally different - and I love them both. Yes, Mariah push it hard every year. And rightfully so: I know it might seem confusing for Celine's fans, but artists usually DO promote their material. Side bar : Being part of a Christmas album doesn't automatically mean the song is a Christmas one. Danny Boy is on Bing Crosby's Merry Christmas. So yeah, I do maintain that globaly, in the world (not talking about France or Philippines), AIWFC is way more famous than The Prayer. And that The Prayer is not a christmas classic, but a classic per se for all year long. Which you all agreed, and which was my point all along.Globaly, on spotify, AIWFC is currently #2. Worldwide.Last Christmas by Wham #8. Michael Bublé #19 (for a classic he did not create). Brenda Lee, Bobby helms, Andy Williams are in top 30, decades after their release. Justin Bieber's Mistletoe is 27. Band Aid is 30.Celine si nowhere to be found on their top 200. In France? The first Christmas song charting Spotify is... AIWFC (#52). Then Wham (103).In Philippines? The first one is... AIWFC (#83). Then, #135 A Perfect Christmas by Tatak Pinoy All-Stars.138 Santa Tell me, Ariana Grande. 177 Christmas in Our Hearts, Jose Mari Chan 178 Last Christmas, Wham!(Shania's you're still the one is #91, why? ) - Sorry if I missed Christmas songs from your country, I don't know them so they could have escape my looking. And what happens when you type All I want for Christmas and The Prayer in the youtube searchbar? This:I rest my case. (Yes, I was genuinely saying that 7 686 458 305 persons know AIWFC.It wasn't a figure of speech, a rethorical stance, I absolutely think that there's no single person on Earth who doesn't know AIWFC.) Official source pls that all these 7 686 458 305 know the song? Otherwise, you're making a figure of speech. hehe There's no way you can speak for all 7 billion people. Haha. (What about awards? I don't think they mean anything) - Again, that's an opinion. Not fact-based. (Being part of a Christmas album doesn't automatically mean the song is a Christmas one.) - and who sets the rules for this? You? (AIWFC is way more famous than The Prayer) - I never said otherwise. (Sorry if I missed Christmas songs from your country, I don't know them so they could have escape my looking.) - Yup, they definitely "escaped your looking." The biggest Chirstmas song here is definitely not AIWFC (though it is really popular too no question on that, just as The Prayer is really popular). Anyway, biggest Christmas song here, trumping all foreign xmas songs, is a local classic called Christmas In Our Hearts by a guy named Jose Mari Chan. Anyway, we digress. I think you get my point. (And what happens when you type All I want for Christmas and The Prayer in the youtube searchbar?) - uhmmm kindly help me out here. What exactly did you prove by doing this search on YouTube? It proved NOTHING. One/a single non-Celine video popping up for The Prayer doesn't prove anything. But then again, if that's your metrics. So be it. I respect that. To each his/her own. Glad you're resting your case. Have a great day hehehe. Edited December 3, 2019 at 06:13 AM by marc-02 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.