ewh12 Posted September 1, 2026 at 12:04 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 12:04 PM Regarding the minimal public interactions, there are probably liability agreements with the producers and insurance issuers of the show. They probably don’t want to risk any exposure to anything to Céline that could jeopardize her and the show, which is why she’s standing back. There’s a lot of money and unlike Las Vegas, she can’t just have a “sanitized” route into a private garage to get to the venue. She has to interact with people on the street, hence the caution. I’m saying this only because I wonder if her string of cancellations and eventual diagnosis in 2019-21 has categorized her as high risk and that she might have been placed on strict rules with her insurer that puts her on a tight leash or else, cancellation. I know everyone says this is just for the practice and to protect her heath, but I’d be interested to see if this is how she will be during the whole run, or even in her interactions with people going forward when she has shows. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted September 1, 2026 at 12:12 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 12:12 PM On 9/1/2026 at 8:04 AM, ewh12 said: Regarding the minimal public interactions, there are probably liability agreements with the producers and insurance issuers of the show. They probably don’t want to risk any exposure to anything to Céline that could jeopardize her and the show, which is why she’s standing back. There’s a lot of money and unlike Las Vegas, she can’t just have a “sanitized” route into a private garage to get to the venue. She has to interact with people on the street, hence the caution. I’m saying this only because I wonder if her string of cancellations and eventual diagnosis in 2019-21 has categorized her as high risk and that she might have been placed on strict rules with her insurer that puts her on a tight leash or else, cancellation. I know everyone says this is just for the practice and to protect her heath, but I’d be interested to see if this is how she will be during the whole run, or even in her interactions with people going forward when she has shows. After all she’s done through the years for her promoter and insurance companies… I doubt it. I’m sure they are just being as safe as they can. Quote
A new day... Posted September 1, 2026 at 12:36 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 12:36 PM Before she went inside, she said, “See you tomorrow, or later this week.” So I’m guessing she might come out again today, but maybe she didn’t want to imply that she definitely would, just in case, to avoid disappointing anyone. 1 Quote
ewh12 Posted September 1, 2026 at 12:39 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 12:39 PM (edited) On 9/1/2026 at 8:12 AM, Nmj said: After all she’s done through the years for her promoter and insurance companies… I doubt it. I’m sure they are just being as safe as they can. True but of all people, Insurers aren’t the most forgiving of people. One small rule broken and everything is void. But yes, I hope it’s more so for safety than anything. Edited September 1, 2026 at 12:40 PM by ewh12 1 Quote
Ajax Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:08 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:08 PM The videos of her coming back in the middle of the night (does anyone know what time she got back?) give me the same feeling as the footage of her returning from rehearsals equally late at night after her performance at the Olympics. There’s something different about her eyes and the way she moves — maybe even about her overall demeanor. She always seems to have this slightly dazed, distant, disconnected, stunned, almost spaced-out look. I don’t really know how to describe it. Maybe it’s simply due to the emotion of it all. But it strikes me particularly after her work sessions. Am I the only one who gets that impression? 1 Quote
Nmj Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:11 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:11 PM On 9/1/2026 at 9:08 AM, Ajax said: The videos of her coming back in the middle of the night (does anyone know what time she got back?) give me the same feeling as the footage of her returning from rehearsals equally late at night after her performance at the Olympics. There’s something different about her eyes and the way she moves — maybe even about her overall demeanor. She always seems to have this slightly dazed, distant, disconnected, stunned, almost spaced-out look. I don’t really know how to describe it. Maybe it’s simply due to the emotion of it all. But it strikes me particularly after her work sessions. Am I the only one who gets that impression? I mean hundreds of flashing cameras in your face could make you a little off. Quote
Ajax Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:14 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:14 PM Hum yes and what about a 2 hours concert almost everyday for 3 weeks ? Quote
A new day... Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:24 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:24 PM (edited) She got back around 11:30 PM after several hours of rehearsing and probably having to process a lot of information. And yet, she still chose to spend several minutes talking to fans… Give her a little rest 🙏 Edited September 1, 2026 at 01:30 PM by A new day... Quote
ewh12 Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:28 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:28 PM Also, she is medicated now and for the foreseeable future, so that’s another factor to consider. 1 Quote
Alice Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:30 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:30 PM On 9/1/2026 at 3:08 PM, Ajax said: The videos of her coming back in the middle of the night (does anyone know what time she got back?) give me the same feeling as the footage of her returning from rehearsals equally late at night after her performance at the Olympics. There’s something different about her eyes and the way she moves — maybe even about her overall demeanor. She always seems to have this slightly dazed, distant, disconnected, stunned, almost spaced-out look. I don’t really know how to describe it. Maybe it’s simply due to the emotion of it all. But it strikes me particularly after her work sessions. Am I the only one who gets that impression? I don't get that impression. To me she seems humble, emotional, positive, but not with elevated mood. 5 Quote
Nmj Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:40 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:40 PM On 9/1/2026 at 9:30 AM, Alice said: I don't get that impression. To me she seems humble, emotional, positive, but not with elevated mood. honestly, I prefer the mood this way. She looks happy, but not cuckoo crazy… There were moments during the courage press where she was just going nuts all the time. Looking back I think it may have had to do with some medication she was taking to try to prevent spasms from happening. Her demeanor now reminds me more of the very professional but still fun performer we saw in the earlier days. 5 Quote
stevo Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:45 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:45 PM That is such a wonderful little video with the English translations- thank you so much. She really is aware just how her fans respect her and I think out of so many celebs, she respects them right back. The way she was standing there, really having a proper conversation was amazing to see. Raging at that photographer who barged in and said ‘Celine, can you pose?’ just as she was starting to describe how the rehearsal went. She looked irked for a second when he said that 5 Quote
A new day... Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:55 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:55 PM And what about the one who asked her about the Nepal situation. He could have kept his mouth shut on this one as well. 2 1 Quote
AXG_16 Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:58 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 01:58 PM Other signs ! 3 Quote
emiliejolie Posted September 1, 2026 at 02:03 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 02:03 PM On 01/09/2026 at 15:55, A new day... said: Et celui qui l'a interrogée sur la situation au Népal ? Il aurait tout aussi bien pu se taire. I agree it’s stupid. , just like the one who asked for an autograph. Come on gu, you almost have a private conversation for several minutes with Céline, that’s a magical moment, and you care for an autogpraph ???? 2 Quote
homerton Posted September 1, 2026 at 02:30 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 02:30 PM I thought she looked tired last night after the rehearsal. I do hope she’s ok. Quote
homerton Posted September 1, 2026 at 02:31 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 02:31 PM On 9/1/2026 at 2:08 PM, Ajax said: The videos of her coming back in the middle of the night (does anyone know what time she got back?) give me the same feeling as the footage of her returning from rehearsals equally late at night after her performance at the Olympics. There’s something different about her eyes and the way she moves — maybe even about her overall demeanor. She always seems to have this slightly dazed, distant, disconnected, stunned, almost spaced-out look. I don’t really know how to describe it. Maybe it’s simply due to the emotion of it all. But it strikes me particularly after her work sessions. Am I the only one who gets that impression? I see it. I assumed it’s her medication Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 1, 2026 at 02:38 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 02:38 PM To me. She just looks tired Quote
ewh12 Posted September 1, 2026 at 02:42 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 02:42 PM On 9/1/2026 at 9:45 AM, stevo said: That is such a wonderful little video with the English translations- thank you so much. She really is aware just how her fans respect her and I think out of so many celebs, she respects them right back. The way she was standing there, really having a proper conversation was amazing to see. Raging at that photographer who barged in and said ‘Celine, can you pose?’ just as she was starting to describe how the rehearsal went. She looked irked for a second when he said that Agreed and if someone of her caliber does have a casual 1:1, it often feels like a PR thing, but I also suspect the French/European leaning fans also influence the natural and cool conversations that happen. This as opposed to other places where things can get excited pretty fast and autograph sellers are rampant rather than real fans. 2 Quote
CourageProject Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:24 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:24 PM On 9/1/2026 at 7:25 PM, A new day... said: And what about the one who asked her about the Nepal situation. He could have kept his mouth shut on this one as well. what did she respond? Quote
LukeD Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:26 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:26 PM (edited) So much discussion about her looking tired as if any of us would look great at night after hours of rehearsals. Turning normalcy into concern. Edited September 1, 2026 at 03:26 PM by LukeD 4 3 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:27 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:27 PM On 8/31/2026 at 10:48 PM, Shamrock_1982 said: I d1o what I want, when I want & I answer to no one! 😉 I knew you wouldn't want to miss history in the making. 😉 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
A new day... Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:27 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:27 PM (edited) On 9/1/2026 at 5:24 PM, CourageProject said: what did she respond? She was unaware of the situation and said she’d love to go there, before realizing that something had happened. She then said she would ask the boys upstairs for an update on the situation. And now, of course, there are already some videos circulating making it look as though she didn’t care. Edited September 1, 2026 at 03:28 PM by A new day... Quote
Popular Post Alex_Incognito Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:29 PM Popular Post Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:29 PM Sometimes I swear this forum has more doctors than all the hospitals on the planet. 4 5 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Popular Post LukeD Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:30 PM Popular Post Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:30 PM (edited) On 9/1/2026 at 4:30 PM, Alice said: I don't get that impression. To me she seems humble, emotional, positive, but not with elevated mood. This. I definitely prefer her like that over being hyperactive. Many interviews during the past decade made me miss her 90s composed behaviour. Edited September 1, 2026 at 03:31 PM by LukeD 6 2 Quote
mirage Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:52 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 03:52 PM On 9/1/2026 at 4:03 PM, emiliejolie said: I agree it’s stupid. , just like the one who asked for an autograph. Come on gu, you almost have a private conversation for several minutes with Céline, that’s a magical moment, and you care for an autogpraph ???? These are the best moments you could have with her, some real interesting conversations about her, her feelings and the moment. But there always has to be one with some weird questions that get her out of focus. It's surprises me that she hasn't been asked about PMLALS 🤣 Quote
Balao Posted September 1, 2026 at 04:00 PM Posted September 1, 2026 at 04:00 PM Some pics I took. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.