Jump to content

Concert residency in Paris 2026/2027! *Spoilers*


Recommended Posts

Posted
On 8/25/2026 at 6:38 PM, Nmj said:

I think the arms felt misplaced.. the should’ve had them come out more instead almost behind the center stage. 
 

come to think of it now… do we think the wired mic was a comfort for her due to her sps symptoms… I hope it’s gone again too fir Paris. 

Don’t think it had anything to do with SPS, but it was definitely comforting to her psychologically probably because (like she explained) it’s what she grew up using.

The best is yet to come...
Posted
On 8/25/2026 at 4:26 PM, ordinary fan said:

Even that would be very cool. She never had a end stage with a catwalk before :)  

I mean… unless you consider the CWT stage as having catwalks.

The best is yet to come...
Posted
On 8/25/2026 at 5:13 PM, Céline RO said:

Don’t think it had anything to do with SPS, but it was definitely comforting to her psychologically probably because (like she explained) it’s what she grew up using.

She has stopped using them for many years though before going back. 

Posted
On 8/26/2026 at 12:14 AM, Nmj said:

She has stopped using them for many years though before going back. 

Well they really weren’t practical for certain shows like AND and TCWT, and I’m sure that for some time she (and especially René) felt excited to be a modern artist evolving with the times.

The best is yet to come...
Posted

Not everything can be traced back to SPS.

The best is yet to come...
Posted
On 8/25/2026 at 9:12 AM, Nmj said:

I heard the some of the band has a gig in Canada on August 26th, tomorrow… and then they go to Paris the next day August 27 (Thursday)… give them a few days to adjust and I don’t think we’ll see Céline in Paris until next week at earliest. 
 

Remember Celine has famously used “stand ins” with band rehearsals, I hope we see her sooner but Celine doesn’t need to be present for the bulk of the rehearsals. 

There's a big finale concert for the superfranco Fête in Quebec this evening.  I know in past year Scott and the band were part if it.  So I'd say this is the show they have tand then they will go back to  Montreal tomorrow in time to leave for Paris. 

  • Like 3
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted
On 8/25/2026 at 4:25 PM, Peppercorn1991 said:

So sorry to hear about Dolly and I wouldn’t care if there was a tribute.  Darren I think your great but a bit insensitive… Dolly was a great like Celine is and one day we will be grieving in the same way her many fans are. 
 

I’d be over the moon if artists of great statue payed tribute to Celine when the time comes. 
 

RIP Dolly. 
 

Kev x

 

  • Like 4
Posted

I think the wired mic gives Celine a bit of a 'super power' - she performs more, if that makes sense....didn't she once say it makes her feel like a rockstar? Alas, it is a bit unpractical for big, modern bombastic productions.

 

And rest in peace, Dolly. She always had great things to say about Celine and I remember her posting a lovely message when Rene died. She was as good as they get!

  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

I hope no more wired mic. More reverb, Better sound quality when being livestreamed ala A New Day… (remember In Some Small Way, etc. the sound quality before was in top notch)

btw, is she still doing the saline nebulizer?

Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 1
Posted

2 weeks from tomorrow until I leave for Paris. It’s starting to feel so real. Can’t believe it’s happening if I’m honest! 

  • Like 5
EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted

I have to say this time the wait went pretty fast! I got my tickets in early April and it’s crazy to think we are almost two weeks away from opening night!

  • Like 5

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
On 8/25/2026 at 11:13 PM, Céline RO said:

Don’t think it had anything to do with SPS, but it was definitely comforting to her psychologically probably because (like she explained) it’s what she grew up using.

Let’s say that a world microphone gives her occasion to have something in her let hand and play with it. Easier as Free hand.

Posted
On 8/26/2026 at 12:11 PM, emiliejolie said:

Let’s say that a world microphone gives her occasion to have something in her let hand and play with it. Easier as Free hand.

True, I think that fits with the ‘rockstar’ feeling that @stevo was referencing. Although I think you meant right hand, since Céline holds the microphone in her left hand (yet another default that she reverts to whenever she needs to feel more comfortable and which brings out her best performance).

The best is yet to come...
Posted
On 8/26/2026 at 10:29 AM, Celine Fan 77 said:

I have to say this time the wait went pretty fast! I got my tickets in early April and it’s crazy to think we are almost two weeks away from opening night!

It is crazy! I remember when my countdown clock said 173 days! Now for me it's just 22. And even less until the premiere.

  • Like 1
Posted

Tomorrow's article in *Le Parisien* will be an interview with Amanda Piquet.

Two things:

- Céline will have an entire medical team taking care of her.

- Amanda Piquet will be in Paris for the first few days.

  • Like 2
Posted
On 8/26/2026 at 11:16 AM, Céline RO said:

True, I think that fits with the ‘rockstar’ feeling that @stevo was referencing. Although I think you meant right hand, since Céline holds the microphone in her left hand (yet another default that she reverts to whenever she needs to feel more comfortable and which brings out her best performance).

This makes me think of that anecdote, I *think* from "My Story, My Dream" (correct me if I'm wrong), where she talks about her first TV appearance on the Michel Jasmin show... She explains how afterward, René made her watch it back a bunch of times and told her that she needed to stop switching the microphone back and forth from hand to hand, and to just choose a hand. So she did. I know it's just a tiny detail, but it's always struck me as something very "Céline", how she takes the critique, integrates her solution, and then just... tenaciously sticks with it for 40+ years.
 

 

  • Like 2
Posted
On 8/26/2026 at 7:41 AM, AXG_16 said:

Tomorrow's article in *Le Parisien* will be an interview with Amanda Piquet.

Two things:

- Céline will have an entire medical team taking care of her.

- Amanda Piquet will be in Paris for the first few days.

The Brazilian media reported this as well.

Céline Dion em Paris: os detalhes da estrutura médica montada para a cantora se apresentar
Com um exército médico e ingressos esgotados, a diva canadense desafia a Síndrome da Pessoa Rígida em Paris, redefinindo o que significa estar no palco hoje.

"Céline Dion in Paris: details of the medical setup arranged for the singer's performance With a medical team at her side and sold-out tickets, the Canadian diva defies Stiff-Person Syndrome in Paris, redefining what it means to be on stage today."

https://www.terra.com.br/diversao/musica/meu-sonora/pop-internacional/celine-dion-em-paris-os-detalhes-da-estrutura-medica-montada-para-a-cantora-se-apresentar,301dcab2dfd53745030fafdba83e7671pl9lepmu.html?utm_source=clipboard

Posted

The Medical Set Up is going to be crazy- imagine the behind the scenes crisis rooms there'll be. Bottles of poppers everywhere!! 😄

  • Haha 2
Posted
On 8/26/2026 at 6:41 AM, AXG_16 said:

Tomorrow's article in *Le Parisien* will be an interview with Amanda Piquet.

Two things:

- Céline will have an entire medical team taking care of her.

- Amanda Piquet will be in Paris for the first few days.

I’m so happy she’s back and can’t wait to see how she sounds! 
 

I will say however, and I know they are probably just taking all the necessary precautions BUT… it’s still really daunting to me that in order for Celine to perform from now on, she will need a medical staff at the ready. I’m so happy she’s back like I said but I hope that needing all this fuss doesn’t make Celine eventually give it up because it loses the fun for her. 🙏🏽 

 

 

  • Like 3
Posted

Yeah. This may sounds crazy but since the day of her return I can’t buy tickets because I m so afraid something will happen on stage. Reading now with more details what it will takes for her to be on stage doesn’t help me to buy somes. 

Posted
On 8/26/2026 at 8:28 AM, Ajax said:

Yeah. This may sounds crazy but since the day of her return I can’t buy tickets because I m so afraid something will happen on stage. Reading now with more details what it will takes for her to be on stage doesn’t help me to buy somes. 

I’m sure for the most part it’s precautionary.  I’m fully convinced there’s no way Celine would be back unless her condition is either in remission, dramatically improved.

don’t forget she’s done world tours living with this , undiagnosed for 17 years.  This time she’s done the work after diagnosis to properly manage it 

  • Like 5
Posted

Yeah yeah it s always the same debate but the disease wasn’t at the same stage as it is now even if medically controlled. 
 

It s just anxiety for me knowing that you have 12 medical people behind the stage. 

Posted
On 8/26/2026 at 8:10 AM, Ajax said:

Yeah yeah it s always the same debate but the disease wasn’t at the same stage as it is now even if medically controlled. 
 

It s just anxiety for me knowing that you have 12 medical people behind the stage. 

Maybe not in 2009 but in 2019 it was probably worse going undiagnosed then it is today after treatments & the work she puts in.

  • Like 3
Posted
On 8/26/2026 at 8:00 AM, KyleVan41 said:

I’m sure for the most part it’s precautionary.  I’m fully convinced there’s no way Celine would be back unless her condition is either in remission, dramatically improved.

don’t forget she’s done world tours living with this , undiagnosed for 17 years.  This time she’s done the work after diagnosis to properly manage it 

Agreed-there’s no way anyone would knowingly allow Céline to return to the stage if there were still a significant chance of her having a spasm or going into a crisis during a performance. Anything can happen, of course, but after everything she’s been through, it’s much better to be safe than sorry. It would simply be too risky to have her perform live unless she and her medical team were confident that she was physically ready.

  • Like 2
Posted

In any case, I’m really happy, and I find it incredibly moving that Jean-Jacques made the trip to Las Vegas. It’s genuinely more than I could have hoped for, and it says a lot about how much he cares for Céline.

I’m not expecting much from this song artistically, but I’m delighted that she’s being vocally coached by JJG in the studio. Dansons, even if the song itself is musically disappointing, is impeccable in terms of pronunciation and intention.

  • Like 3
Posted

I think the wired mic, beyond any other reason medical or otherwise, was something she just felt ingrained within herself. As far back as the 90s she was saying how she preferred wired mics for both sound and comfortability reasons, and how it always reminded her of where she came from and how she started. Granted i feel at times, especially when she has high value productions going on around and behind her, that it cheapens the look/makes it and her look outdated, but if she really feels most comfortable with it then I can’t really sit and complain about it. 

  • Like 2
Posted

 

On 8/26/2026 at 2:53 PM, Ajax said:

In any case, I’m really happy, and I find it incredibly moving that Jean-Jacques made the trip to Las Vegas. It’s genuinely more than I could have hoped for, and it says a lot about how much he cares for Céline.

I’m not expecting much from this song artistically, but I’m delighted that she’s being vocally coached by JJG in the studio. Dansons, even if the song itself is musically disappointing, is impeccable in terms of pronunciation and intention.

So exciting! Isn’t this the first time they were physically together in a recording session since 1 fille & 4 types?

  • Like 1

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
On 8/26/2026 at 10:59 AM, Celine Fan 77 said:

 

So exciting! Isn’t this the first time they were physically together in a recording session since 1 fille & 4 types?

Yet they probably won’t show us the session… why don’t they show sessions anymore?

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Posted

JJG and Céline reunited physically in a studio? Of course they will show us footage ! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   7 members

    • Celine0384
    • Ajax
    • yoyoma88
    • dawn
    • actofcontrition
    • Thomas
    • AdrienneM
×
×
  • Create New...