Critiaslux Posted June 13, 2024 at 07:40 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 07:40 PM One thing that really stands out to me from these interviews is when she’s talking about her vocal technique and how she had to “find a way.” I’ve thought that over time she’s gotten kind of sloppy and set in her ways (as far as the throaty, nasal sound goes). But in reality she just couldn’t sing like she used to. I thought she lost her discipline and was just living in her own little bubble where no one on her team would tell her that she wasn’t singing well… But it’s been SPS all along and she was just doing her best. Poor Céline Technically, and artistically for the singing performance matter, Celine is the Maria Callas of pop music. Quote
Critiaslux Posted June 13, 2024 at 07:42 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 07:42 PM I noticed the editing in the Hoda interview seemed choppy and awkward. Honestly, rewatching it it’s quite unbearable. Add to that the closeups of Hoda making weird performative faces, like she’s more concerned about how she looks on camera than asking intelligent questions. The CBC interview is much, much better. Not only does it flow in a more comprehensible way, I happen to like Adrienne’s personality a lot more. Difference between the American and Canadian way ? 🫣🤭😝 Quote
mirage Posted June 13, 2024 at 07:55 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 07:55 PM When they talk about her kids having 'crisis' drills at home they specifically talk about the twins. Can I make up from that story that RC isn't living with them anymore, or that he is just old enough to know what to do and doesn't need it? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Quote
ivo Posted June 13, 2024 at 07:56 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 07:56 PM This interview… When she talks directly to the camera, so emotional. The documentary will be hard to watch. One word for Celine: respect. Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
DionFanAlways Posted June 13, 2024 at 08:13 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 08:13 PM What a difference between the Hoda interview and this interview. I appreciate both but this one with Adrienne is hands down, 100% better. 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
smw Posted June 13, 2024 at 08:23 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 08:23 PM One part that really stands out to me is the clip of Celine doing her physical therapy. She shows that fierce grit and Olympian-sized determination that separates her from so many others. Particularly when she sharply says, “Better or good?!” It captures her strong will perfectly. It’s around the 32:25 mark of the interview. 7 Quote
ryba Posted June 13, 2024 at 08:51 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 08:51 PM (edited) I like how they included the clip of A Vous. I wish she elaborated what exactly she did afterwards so that she sounded great when she came back for the next song Edited June 13, 2024 at 08:51 PM by ryba 1 Quote
rpopowski Posted June 13, 2024 at 09:08 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 09:08 PM (edited) Difference between the American and Canadian way ? The Hoda interview that aired on NBC is heavily edited and compressed down into ~30 minutes (due to TV ads). Different parts were also shown in a different order. The podcast version here has the full original conversation:https://open.spotify...65ff1fb70684d45 Edited June 13, 2024 at 09:09 PM by rpopowski 1 Quote
scielle Posted June 13, 2024 at 11:23 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 11:23 PM Can I make up from that story that RC isn't living with them anymore, or that he is just old enough to know what to do and doesn't need it?I seem to recall Claudette saying he’s got his own apartment (with his GF, I think she said?) but nevertheless spends a lot of time at home. 1 Quote
scielle Posted June 13, 2024 at 11:27 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 11:27 PM Why the F is team Celine socials in a deep sleep? They’ve been silent since the trailer dropped. Did the grandma intern forget the password again?At least Irene and Redi Hasa are posting about it -https://www.instagram.com/stories/directorirenetaylor/3389661085744021609?igsh=MXJlYnR1ZHYwNTRubQ==https://www.instagram.com/stories/redi_hasa/3389680716058676257?igsh=am41aXdmdzBrM3l6 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted June 13, 2024 at 11:38 PM Posted June 13, 2024 at 11:38 PM I seem to recall Claudette saying he's got his own apartment (with his GF, I think she said?) but nevertheless spends a lot of time at home. I seem to recall Claudette saying many things… but ok, this sounds plausible. Quote The best is yet to come...
scielle Posted June 14, 2024 at 12:37 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 12:37 AM (edited) The Current: https://www.cbc.ca/l...ning-indigenous World Report: https://www.cbc.ca/l...ries-10-minutes Metro Morning hasn't updated yet so hopefully it will be there later today. Next up will be Your World Tonight. Annoyed the Metro Morning piece isn't posted. I caught it live and it was definitely one the better ones. Adrienne reporting live from Paris, by the way (for other reasons, but still).Doesn't appear on the usual podcast sites (only a truncated version of the show, without the Celine segment) and I can't find any contact info to ask for it. Anyone know where/ how to get a hold of it? Edited June 14, 2024 at 12:45 AM by scielle Quote
kaye2023 Posted June 14, 2024 at 02:30 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 02:30 AM I seem to recall Claudette saying he's got his own apartment (with his GF, I think she said?) but nevertheless spends a lot of time at home. I'm not up-to-date-- I assume RC isn't working (yet). Is he still in/done with college? She's never mentioned her sister Linda (or any of her many siblings/niblings) in both interviews. I hope that doesn't mean Linda's retired and gone back to Quebec like Michel. For morale and sense of security, a small (adult) family team around in your daily routine is still different from an employed team. René's 3 older kids are out of the consideration as they don't seem close to her, they've all pretty much disappeared after his death. Quote
Nmj Posted June 14, 2024 at 02:33 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 02:33 AM I'm not up-to-date-- I assume RC isn't working (yet). Is he still in/done with college? She's never mentioned her sister Linda (or any of her many siblings/niblings) in both interviews. I hope that doesn't mean Linda's retired and gone back to Quebec like Michel. For morale and sense of security, a small (adult) family team around in your daily routine is still different from an employed team. René's 3 older kids are out of the consideration as they don't seem close to her, they've all pretty much disappeared after his death. Linda and her husband Alain accompanied Celine to her first public appearance at the Vegas knights hockey game on October 30. I’m pretty sure they still live with her. Quote
scielle Posted June 14, 2024 at 02:45 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 02:45 AM I'm not up-to-date-- I assume RC isn't working (yet). Is he still in/done with college?René's 3 older kids are out of the consideration as they don't seem close to her, they've all pretty much disappeared after his death. RC is a mystery. Did he ever even go to college? And I think at the very least Celine is in touch with Anne Marie, who's a poker player and in Vegas quite often, from what I gather. Plus when asked some time back for a Celine update Marc said he doesn't know, that Anne Marie is in touch (though that was just around the time before their separation was announced, so who really knows...) Quote
kaye2023 Posted June 14, 2024 at 02:47 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 02:47 AM Linda and her husband Alain accompanied Celine to her first public appearance at the Vegas knights hockey game on October 30. I’m pretty sure they still live with her. Ohhh right.... yes, yes. I'd forgotten about that. Thanks. It'd be lovely if one or two more were around so Linda doesn't get burnt out, but it is what it is. I was just thinking of Celine's flower petals worry in her earlier years. I hope she's close to some of her niblings (who're probably close in age to her as well) for her and her kids' sakes. Quote
kaye2023 Posted June 14, 2024 at 02:58 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 02:58 AM RC is a mystery. Did he ever even go to college? And I think at the very least Celine is in touch with Anne Marie, who's a poker player and in Vegas quite often, from what I gather. Plus when asked some time back for a Celine update Marc said he doesn't know, that Anne Marie is in touch (though that was just around the time before their separation was announced, so who really knows...) (I would be soooo pissed off if I had millions at my disposal and my son didn't want to go to college lol I wouldn't mind doing it Guy Fieri style-- Want an inheritance? Get two substantial degrees first ::) I hope I'm very wrong as we've only seen snippets of the docu, but from that and the way she talks about it, it comes across to me as there's not much of Her People around her. Again, I hope I'm very wrong about it. 1 Quote
scielle Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:01 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:01 AM I've actually been wondering whether through all this, she has been in touch with / gotten closer to Jimmy. He's the one person in her family (that we know of) who could possibly understand what she's going through. Quote
Nmj Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:02 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:02 AM (I would be soooo pissed off if I had millions at my disposal and my son didn't want to go to college lol I wouldn't mind doing it Guy Fieri style-- Want an inheritance? Get two substantial degrees first ::) I hope I'm very wrong as we've only seen snippets of the docu, but from that and the way she talks about it, it comes across to me as there's not much of Her People around her. Again, I hope I'm very wrong about it. Even if her sister Linda is there and I believe she was, she could have opted to stay away from the camera footage. Quote
ewh12 Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:02 AM Author Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:02 AM Annoyed the Metro Morning piece isn't posted. I caught it live and it was definitely one the better ones. Adrienne reporting live from Paris, by the way (for other reasons, but still).Doesn't appear on the usual podcast sites (only a truncated version of the show, without the Celine segment) and I can't find any contact info to ask for it. Anyone know where/ how to get a hold of it? If its not on CBC's site, its probably not archived. I tried to search for it too and I don't know why it wasn't archived. Technically, its a radio show so maybe they don't include certain segments from the radio broadcast onto the podcast version. nonetheless, very frustrating. I think this would be your only hope but i don't think requesting it will be cheap if it is possible: https://cbcrc-distribution.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals Quote
kaye2023 Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:14 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:14 AM Even if her sister Linda is there and I believe she was, she could have opted to stay away from the camera footage. Agreed, she's never been attention-seeking throughout the years. I only wondered because Celine never mentions her, even in passing, be it panic drills or mentioning gratitude/relief her sister's around to help, etc. I'll chalk that up to privacy then. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:17 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:17 AM Agreed, she's never been attention-seeking throughout the years. I only wondered because Celine never mentions her, even in passing, be it panic drills or mentioning gratitude/relief her sister's around to help, etc. I'll chalk that up to privacy then. Even in Celine: Through The Eyes of The World she was traveling with Celine and Rene the entire time as we hardly saw her. I don’t think she’s much of an attention seeker. Claudette on the other hand if she was to be living with Celine we’d probably see her more than Celine she’s ready for her closeup. 2 Quote
Ukrfan Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:47 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 03:47 AM Even in Celine: Through The Eyes of The World she was traveling with Celine and Rene the entire time as we hardly saw her. I don’t think she’s much of an attention seeker. Claudette on the other hand if she was to be living with Celine we’d probably see her more than Celine she’s ready for her closeup. I’m sure we’d get new versions of the existing stories, such as it was actually Claudette who happened to be in Vegas in 1997 and convinced Celine to sing MHWGO 😂😂😂 3 Quote
scielle Posted June 14, 2024 at 04:22 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 04:22 AM (edited) So there’s like 5 or 6 CBC radio stories from today (in the links thread) of Adrienne taking about the interview with various other hosts across the country. One common thread seems to be she was really taken by Céline, and how present she was, and how eager to finally talk about all this. And in all those stories, she talked about how eye-opening and raw the doc was, how her “jaw was on the floor” for parts of it, kept calling Irene an “excellent filmmaker” and saying she couldn’t believe Celine let the cameras roll for all that.She also very firmly believes Celine when she says “I’ll be back” and expects it to be soon. She seemed genuinely moved by the whole experience. Edited June 14, 2024 at 04:28 AM by scielle 5 Quote
tshlw Posted June 14, 2024 at 04:27 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 04:27 AM So there's like 5 or 6 CBC radio stories from today (in the links thread) of Adrienne taking about the interview with various other hosts across the country. One common thread seems to be she was really taken by Céline, and how present she was, and how eager to finally talk about all this. And in all those stories, she talked about how eye-opening and raw the doc was, how her "jaw was on the floor" for parts of it, kept calling Irene an "excellent filmmaker" and saying she couldn't believe Celine let the cameras roll for all that.She seemed genuinely moved by the whole experience. Yeah I got that same sense in just the interview alone with Celine. You really feel it when she says we will take any version of Celine we can get. 1 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
lyn Posted June 14, 2024 at 04:41 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 04:41 AM Is it me or did Celine seem.. angrier in this interview than with Hoda? Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
Abodi2002 Posted June 14, 2024 at 05:24 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 05:24 AM Is it me or did Celine seem.. angrier in this interview than with Hoda? she seemed more relaxed if anything, at least to me. Might be worth doing a bit of comparing though. There’s been so much talk of interviews over the past few days. It’s a lot to take in after hearing not much of anything for four years. 2 Quote
kaye2023 Posted June 14, 2024 at 06:21 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 06:21 AM So there's like 5 or 6 CBC radio stories from today (in the links thread) of Adrienne taking about the interview with various other hosts across the country. One common thread seems to be she was really taken by Céline, and how present she was, and how eager to finally talk about all this. And in all those stories, she talked about how eye-opening and raw the doc was, how her "jaw was on the floor" for parts of it, kept calling Irene an "excellent filmmaker" and saying she couldn't believe Celine let the cameras roll for all that.She also very firmly believes Celine when she says "I'll be back" and expects it to be soon.She seemed genuinely moved by the whole experience. Yeah, she seems taken by Celine and what she's going through. As a sidenote, interesting promotional strat they're using here, using popular hosts as surrogate promoters. Is it me or did Celine seem.. angrier in this interview than with Hoda? Felt less mannered to me, less restraint, felt this was closer to her personality. The way she went on after the FIRST question, I thought she'd never give the floor back to Arsenault lol Hoda's was a great start, this dug in slightly deeper. The 'babies with cancer' was a take-a-kayak moment for me, though, but we all know what she meant lol We even got a 'to make a long story short' long explanation hehe 2 Quote
lyn Posted June 14, 2024 at 07:10 AM Posted June 14, 2024 at 07:10 AM Yeah, she seems taken by Celine and what she's going through. As a sidenote, interesting promotional strat they're using here, using popular hosts as surrogate promoters. Felt less mannered to me, less restraint, felt this was closer to her personality. The way she went on after the FIRST question, I thought she'd never give the floor back to Arsenault lol Hoda's was a great start, this dug in slightly deeper. The 'babies with cancer' was a take-a-kayak moment for me, though, but we all know what she meant lol We even got a 'to make a long story short' long explanation hehe Lololol I’ve missed Celine interview bingo lol 1 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.