LukeD Posted April 25, 2024 at 06:39 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 06:39 PM FACTS. and finally she’s receiving the credit she deserves.Unless you work for Rolling Stones or your name is Mariah Carey. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted April 25, 2024 at 06:39 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 06:39 PM Unless you work for Rolling Stones or your name is Mariah Carey. Both have lost all of their credibility. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted April 25, 2024 at 06:44 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 06:44 PM Mariah on the other hand has had it out for Celine since her ex husband and head of Sony, TOMMY boy, called Celine the greatest singer of all time while he was married to her. That must’ve stung. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted April 25, 2024 at 06:44 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 06:44 PM (edited) . Edited April 25, 2024 at 06:44 PM by Nmj Quote
stevo Posted April 25, 2024 at 07:21 PM Author Posted April 25, 2024 at 07:21 PM Who gives a s h i t what Mariah Carey thinks? She can only dream of the level of genuine respect people across the industry have for Celine as a person, as well as a singer and performer 3 Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted April 25, 2024 at 07:26 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 07:26 PM I loved the Life in Looks video but one look I wish they talked about a bit... Her look in 1992/93 for the Grammy's. I liked the outfit but to wear it, for the Grammys, for a Disney song. I wish I had the background on that and what she thought of it now She talked about this look in 2016.Around the 1:35 mark: 1 Quote
LukeD Posted April 25, 2024 at 07:50 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 07:50 PM I am having such a strong feeling a French album will be released later this year. These are not one-off appearances but strategic steps of a bigger plan. I have not felt this way in years! 6 Quote
Nmj Posted April 25, 2024 at 07:53 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 07:53 PM I am having such a strong feeling a French album will be released later this year. These are not one-off appearances but strategic steps of a bigger plan. I have not felt this way in years! I’m also making a speculation that we are getting a French album this fall/ winter and I think we get a new English single to drop when the documentary releases. It might not be “new” per say, but something previously unreleased… ( and all you “Play Me Like A Love Song” mafia, I’m not waking you up so just go back to sleep… Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted April 25, 2024 at 07:58 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 07:58 PM So I’m confused about something. Did vouge approach Celine or did Celine approach them. It says Celine requested Vouge France but then in the interview Celine said she was honoured to be asked at 56…. Kev x Quote
Nmj Posted April 25, 2024 at 08:08 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 08:08 PM So I’m confused about something. Did vouge approach Celine or did Celine approach them. It says Celine requested Vouge France but then in the interview Celine said she was honoured to be asked at 56…. Kev x I think Celine reached out to Vogue magazine… For an exclusive interview and maybe to be part of the magazine, I think after she asked, they chose to make her cover person of the month… She’s never been asked before to grace the cover so she probably wasn’t expecting that. 2 Quote
beeb Posted April 25, 2024 at 08:17 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 08:17 PM That's not that strange... Céline hasn't been living fulling in Canada (Québec) for almost 30 years now. And with the death of Thérèse her biggest connection to her homeland is gone. Most immigrants would consider themselves a citizen of their new country. But would of course still identify themselves as of "....." (Québec) origin. However, that will never undo all the 'promotion' Céline did for Québec in the past. Quote
scielle Posted April 25, 2024 at 08:51 PM Posted April 25, 2024 at 08:51 PM I am having such a strong feeling a French album will be released later this year. These are not one-off appearances but strategic steps of a bigger plan. I have not felt this way in years!I have no particular intel but my gut says the same. 3 Quote
Zofia Posted April 26, 2024 at 01:00 AM Posted April 26, 2024 at 01:00 AM Well, Céline is American because Canada is in America, right! America is a continent: North America and South America are the same continent.Then I guess you are talking about her possible U. S. nationality. "Second nationality" that with don't know if she has a second nationality.We know for sure she is Canadian and American It's not that simple. Many (most?) Quebecois don't consider themselves Canadian, and the adjective “American” has two meanings in most languages, including English and French: the more common and narrower one referring to the US, and the rarer and broader one you write about. I guess only exasperated (rightly so) Latinos here use two different words: estadounidense and americano. It's clear from the context that Vogue was referring to the first meaning. All the more interesting if these were really pre-planned questions. I agree. Spontaneously, Céline could splash anything, as she is sometimes in the habit of doing; a thoughtful and prepared answer is more meaningful and gives food for thought. When I saw the video from 1992 in Spain when she announced she was against Québec’s independence I was kind of heartbroken.. Imagine how things might have played out differently for Québec (and her career, too) if she was a vocal supporter of the sovereignty movement. But I think you’re right. Céline’s priority has always been her career and trying to make the most people happy, not her national identity. In Spain and then after the fact when she tiptoed around the subject, I’m sure she was just repeating what her manager told her to say. I see it the same way. Artists often tend to be cosmopolitan; they like to say that music or visual arts are universal languages. Moreover, Céline had no formal education, no study of history or literature. On the contrary, most Quebec intellectual circles were committed to sovereigntism, which did not help Céline gain acceptance among the local intelligentsia. And I agree - later the management made sure she spoke according to the script every time. And now she says what she herself wants. 1 Quote
ryba Posted April 26, 2024 at 05:09 AM Posted April 26, 2024 at 05:09 AM So I’m confused about something. Did vouge approach Celine or did Celine approach them. It says Celine requested Vouge France but then in the interview Celine said she was honoured to be asked at 56…. Kev xher Team approached her in January. Of course she says that she was approached not to come accross as she needs it 1 Quote
scielle Posted April 26, 2024 at 06:04 AM Posted April 26, 2024 at 06:04 AM When I saw the video from 1992 in Spain when she announced she was against Québec’s independence I was kind of heartbroken.. Imagine how things might have played out differently for Québec (and her career, too) if she was a vocal supporter of the sovereignty movement.Thankful she wasn’t, I’d find that quite sad. Quote
ewh12 Posted April 26, 2024 at 06:16 AM Posted April 26, 2024 at 06:16 AM She talked about this look in 2016.Around the 1:35 mark: Thank you! as I expected, Céline owns everything she wears and isn't ashamed of anything. I respect that a lot 1 Quote
homerton Posted April 27, 2024 at 11:02 AM Posted April 27, 2024 at 11:02 AM I think over time Celine has become universally respected. Her illness adding to this. She’s seen as a global icon. Everyone I know bloody loves Celine. X Quote
LukeD Posted April 27, 2024 at 10:15 PM Posted April 27, 2024 at 10:15 PM I think over time Celine has become universally respected. Her illness adding to this. She's seen as a global icon. Everyone I know bloody loves Celine. XGood to see that positive thoughts cross your mind. Clear improvement from posts asking us to deal with the fact of her retirement. 3 Quote
homerton Posted April 27, 2024 at 10:37 PM Posted April 27, 2024 at 10:37 PM Thank you. It’s just so nice seeing Celine isn’t it. Such a buzz !! Xxxx Quote
Dreamy Posted April 28, 2024 at 10:22 AM Posted April 28, 2024 at 10:22 AM Well, so far Céline has been slowly but surely making her way into the public eye with some big surprises. I will never get tired of telling you how happy I am to be a fan of hers and how proud I am of her. I see her radiant, full of life, and that makes me as happy as it makes you.So what's next?Let's wait and celebrate life. :flowers: 2 Quote
catlovergirl1982 Posted April 29, 2024 at 03:38 PM Posted April 29, 2024 at 03:38 PM I agree… I’m just interested to see in how exactly she does manage to be back, if it doesn’t include stage shows for now. The Celine, we know and love has always claimed to love this stage more than anything else and while understandably so she may be unable to get back on the stage. Will she be content just releasing new French and English albums? Will she wanna dabble in another acting role? Perhaps a judge on show like “The Voice”? If her future short term even, doesn’t include the stage and she plans on being in the public eye. I’m really Curious to know in which way she chooses. Ummm hello, she is able to still do things if she is not able to do tours, residencies & full length concerts ever again! There are LOTS OF DIFFERENT THINGS SHE CAN STILL DO: doing one-off appearances, guest on talk shows, appearing on fashion shows & events, doing photo shoots just like she did for France Vogue, do some acting for movies just like she did for "Love Again" (but maybe HAVE MORE LEAD ROLES IN THEM,) & maybe like you suggested, being a guest judge & guest coach on TV shows such as "The Voice" & "American Idol" (which came back earlier this year, & both shows frequently have guest judges & guest coaches on them!) So yes there are things Celine can STILL DO even if concerts/tours/residencies are not possible for her, as least I believe so. You should try to believe it too, unless you are one of those "fans" who think Celines life "is over" if she is not able to do concerts/tours/residencies ever again, or that she "should still stay at her house for the rest of her life" if she is not able to do concerts/tours/residencies, why that I think is very harsh & ridiculous to think that at all. Quote
catlovergirl1982 Posted April 29, 2024 at 03:44 PM Posted April 29, 2024 at 03:44 PM I am having such a strong feeling a French album will be released later this year. These are not one-off appearances but strategic steps of a bigger plan. I have not felt this way in years! Where has it said ANYTHING about a new album? I HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT A NEW ALBUM! Because where are the RECORDING STUDIO PICTURES OF CELINE that are usually posted online whenever she is recording an album? & THE ONLY recording studio pictures we have had of Celine since 2019 were the pictures from the voiceover sessions of "Love Again" from a few years ago! So may I ask, where are your "theories" & "predictions" coming from? Quote
Nmj Posted April 29, 2024 at 03:50 PM Posted April 29, 2024 at 03:50 PM Where has it said ANYTHING about a new album? I HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT A NEW ALBUM! Because where are the RECORDING STUDIO PICTURES OF CELINE that are usually posted online whenever she is recording an album? & THE ONLY recording studio pictures we have had of Celine since 2019 were the pictures from the voiceover sessions of "Love Again" from a few years ago! So may I ask, where are your "theories" & "predictions" coming from? Are you aware of a forums purpose? It’s to speculate, discuss and share information. Why don’t you relax! 1 Quote
LukeD Posted April 29, 2024 at 05:18 PM Posted April 29, 2024 at 05:18 PM (edited) Where has it said ANYTHING about a new album? I HAVE NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT A NEW ALBUM! Because where are the RECORDING STUDIO PICTURES OF CELINE that are usually posted online whenever she is recording an album? & THE ONLY recording studio pictures we have had of Celine since 2019 were the pictures from the voiceover sessions of "Love Again" from a few years ago! So may I ask, where are your "theories" & "predictions" coming from?This is not a theory, nor a prediction, just a feeling. Thanks. Edited April 29, 2024 at 05:19 PM by LukeD Quote
comingback Posted April 30, 2024 at 07:42 PM Posted April 30, 2024 at 07:42 PM (edited) Behind The Scenes Vogue France Edited April 30, 2024 at 07:43 PM by comingback 1 Quote
LukeD Posted May 1, 2024 at 02:12 AM Posted May 1, 2024 at 02:12 AM (edited) I just watched a clip from a Greek morning show discussing Celine's latest appearances after the Grammys. A member of the panel said she had info that Celine had been in the recording studio. She did not confirm the source though, so please take this with a grain of salt. I just thought of sharing. Edited May 1, 2024 at 02:12 AM by LukeD 4 Quote
Nmj Posted May 1, 2024 at 09:07 AM Posted May 1, 2024 at 09:07 AM I just watched a clip from a Greek morning show discussing Celine's latest appearances after the Grammys. A member of the panel said she had info that Celine had been in the recording studio. She did not confirm the source though, so please take this with a grain of salt. I just thought of sharing. I wish we knew if her source spoke English or French? But we also know she was the in the studio in Boston at Berklee…. But since then the Olympics voiceover was released… so we are hoping that’s not the only reason she was in a studio. Quote
Céline RO Posted May 1, 2024 at 11:20 AM Posted May 1, 2024 at 11:20 AM I wish we knew if her source spoke English or French? But we also know she was the in the studio in Boston at Berklee…. But since then the Olympics voiceover was released… so we are hoping that’s not the only reason she was in a studio. And also in 2023, since the documentary reportedly follows her into the recording studio. Quote The best is yet to come...
Alex_Incognito Posted May 1, 2024 at 12:26 PM Posted May 1, 2024 at 12:26 PM Perhaps, like for Courage and LMBTL she is taking years to finish an album. Her english albums are a mess. Poorly themed, poorly sequenced, and discombobulated. I look forward to the next French one. I would love if she'd work with Vianney 3 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Nmj Posted May 1, 2024 at 12:39 PM Posted May 1, 2024 at 12:39 PM Perhaps, like for Courage and LMBTL she is taking years to finish an album. Her english albums are a mess. Poorly themed, poorly sequenced, and discombobulated. I look forward to the next French one. I would love if she'd work with Vianney Her English albums could be so much better if Celine got out of her own head. Stick with her original recipe and not try to sound like Sia or anyone else. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.