Nmj Posted February 13, 2024 at 12:03 AM Posted February 13, 2024 at 12:03 AM It looks like another dry bit is here… lol it’s soon I know. Does anyone find it odd how her appearances since SPS are close and then she disappears again? Quote
idroveallnight Posted February 13, 2024 at 12:32 AM Posted February 13, 2024 at 12:32 AM Wouldn’t Amazon Prime be the ones in charge of the release date since it’s on their platform? yes and my guess would be Amazon would want to maximize sales of this thing or new memberships. Strike while the iron is hot. After Tay’s bf won Super Bowl yesterday the Celine snub is irrelevant. Quote
idroveallnight Posted February 13, 2024 at 12:38 AM Posted February 13, 2024 at 12:38 AM (edited) 1707610518[/url]' post='2443661']What if Taylor wasn't happy with Celine because she didn't say the grammy went to "Midnights" by Taylor Swift, but only said her name instead? Celine probably couldn’t read the damn thing bc there’s so much text on it. I’m certain she was informed TS was the winner way beforehand and that’s probably how they pitched it to her: “You’re going to present the biggest award of the night to the current biggest artist in music. We want it to be a ‘passing of the baton’ moment since you are an icon. It will be a win-win for both of you. You’ll be giving your seal of approval to Taylor and she will do the same in exchange.” …except the little you-know-what didn’t. Edited February 13, 2024 at 12:47 AM by idroveallnight Quote
kaye2023 Posted February 13, 2024 at 04:14 AM Posted February 13, 2024 at 04:14 AM Celine probably couldn’t read the damn thing bc there’s so much text on it. I’m certain she was informed TS was the winner way beforehand and that’s probably how they pitched it to her: “You’re going to present the biggest award of the night to the current biggest artist in music. We want it to be a ‘passing of the baton’ moment since you are an icon. It will be a win-win for both of you. You’ll be giving your seal of approval to Taylor and she will do the same in exchange.” …except the little you-know-what didn’t. I'm thinking it could be somewhere between very tipsy and anti-what-Miley-Cyrus-did... MCyrus was very gracious and effusive focusing her win on Mariah instead of the herself; maybe TS in her tipsy egomaniac haze was thinking, when it's her turn, her win wouldn't be about the presenter and be about her achievement and, unfortunately, overdid it. The snub was so intentional it was so odd. Did a quick google a while ago if shows like the Grammys paid presenters. Results said very basic $. If that were the case with Céline, I'd be pissed off spending so much for travel, the fashion ensemble, the stylists/MUA/publicists/security/insurance fees, etc for a 5-min appearance that only ended with such disrespect. I wonder if TS's PR team was at least profusely apologetic while they were trying to arrange for the pic, or continued to pretend CD wasn't slighted. If the latter, sheesh, Céline has the patience of a saint. #WWRD lol Quote
stevo Posted February 13, 2024 at 08:54 AM Posted February 13, 2024 at 08:54 AM If anything, it just highlighted how much respect there is for Celine out there- I just still feel bad for her, that Taylor never acknowledged her, not even, ‘Celine, thank you so much’- she never even looked at her, and babbled about Lana Del Rey BEING A LEGACY ARTIST. When the biggest selling female singer is standing there… Ok. Stephen, get over it, I know. 6 Quote
blueangel92 Posted February 13, 2024 at 10:01 AM Posted February 13, 2024 at 10:01 AM dunno why, but suddenly I re-watch this video: and (to mock the incident of her not thanking Celine) Taylor did acknowledged Celine as "one of her idols" back then in 2017 =)). "Kinda lazy to repeat myself, yass!" Quote http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/tuongkhanh92/cdvn-1.png Celine Dion Vietnam Facebook Celine Dion Vietnam Blogspot
idroveallnight Posted February 13, 2024 at 11:10 AM Posted February 13, 2024 at 11:10 AM If anything, it just highlighted how much respect there is for Celine out there- I just still feel bad for her, that Taylor never acknowledged her, not even, 'Celine, thank you so much'- she never even looked at her, and babbled about Lana Del Rey BEING A LEGACY ARTIST. When the biggest selling female singer is standing there… Ok. Stephen, get over it, I know. I still can’t get over it. There’s an indefinite TS ban in my home. Didn’t even watch Super Bowl. 3 Quote
Céline RO Posted February 13, 2024 at 11:22 AM Posted February 13, 2024 at 11:22 AM It looks like another dry bit is here… lol it’s soon I know. Does anyone find it odd how her appearances since SPS are close and then she disappears again? I’d like to think that it just so happens that the events she wants to attend are scheduled that way, and that she’s in great shape even when we don’t see her for months. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
scielle Posted February 13, 2024 at 01:22 PM Posted February 13, 2024 at 01:22 PM I still can’t get over it. There’s an indefinite TS ban in my home. Didn’t even watch Super Bowl. At some point we’ve got to reach a TS saturation point, no? I mean, she’s everywhere. Sooner or later people will start getting annoyed with the overexposure.Some of my colleagues were in the room on Grammy Sunday and apparently her album announcement went over like a lead balloon. The audience was made up of industry folks, not her fans, so the sentiment was “girl, you’re everywhere and winning everything, you don’t need to hijack an award show for more promo”. 3 Quote
zuv Posted February 13, 2024 at 01:28 PM Posted February 13, 2024 at 01:28 PM If anything, it just highlighted how much respect there is for Celine out there- I just still feel bad for her, that Taylor never acknowledged her, not even, ‘Celine, thank you so much’- she never even looked at her, and babbled about Lana Del Rey BEING A LEGACY ARTIST. When the biggest selling female singer is standing there… Ok. Stephen, get over it, I know.I’m not over it! unless she writes an apologetic song about how a brat she was to Celine and how Celine is the Queen of all queens, I’m not listening to Taylor Swift anymore. I mean I never did but now I’ll change radio station when she comes on lol. 4 Quote
Davey84 Posted February 13, 2024 at 01:35 PM Posted February 13, 2024 at 01:35 PM I'm not over it! unless she writes an apologetic song about how a brat she was to Celine and how Celine is the Queen of all queens, I'm not listening to Taylor Swift anymore. I mean I never did but now I'll change radio station when she comes on lol. In my little, petty way of protest... I've blocked her on my Spotify! 5 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Alex_Incognito Posted February 13, 2024 at 04:59 PM Posted February 13, 2024 at 04:59 PM dunno why, but suddenly I re-watch this video: Strange how she has an American southern accent there when she's from Pennsylvania. I guess she's always been phony. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
celinesounds Posted February 13, 2024 at 07:43 PM Posted February 13, 2024 at 07:43 PM dunno why, but suddenly I re-watch this video: and (to mock the incident of her not thanking Celine) Taylor did acknowledged Celine as "one of her idols" back then in 2017 =)). "Kinda lazy to repeat myself, yass!" It was written on the screen 📺 kkk Quote #FREEJAVITO
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 13, 2024 at 11:57 PM Posted February 13, 2024 at 11:57 PM Strange how she has an American southern accent there when she's from Pennsylvania. I guess she's always been phony. That’s actually a Pennsylvania accent for sure. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
scielle Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:02 AM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:02 AM Well TS is also getting a lot of flak for not saying anything about Toby Keith, who died of cancer last week. As I understand it he basically discovered her, signed her, developed her as a teenage singer-songwriter. I know there have been complaints on here in the past about Céline’s social feed being an obituary feed at times, but at least she takes the time to acknowledge the people who helped her along the way. You don’t get to TS/ Céline levels of success on your own, and if you truly don’t recognize that others have paved the way for you and let you stand on their shoulders, well that says a lot about a person. 5 Quote
AdrienneM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:08 AM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:08 AM Well TS is also getting a lot of flak for not saying anything about Toby Keith, who died of cancer last week. As I understand it he basically discovered her, signed her, developed her as a teenage singer-songwriter. I know there have been complaints on here in the past about Céline’s social feed being an obituary feed at times, but at least she takes the time to acknowledge the people who helped her along the way. You don’t get to TS/ Céline levels of success on your own, and if you truly don’t recognize that others have paved the way for you and let you stand on their shoulders, well that says a lot about a person. I think not acknowledging a man who was such a violent bigot like Keith was is actually a valid thing on her part. Especially considering her close relationship with The (Dixie) Chicks whom Keith essentially tried to destroy. 4 Quote
scielle Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:09 AM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:09 AM I think not acknowledging a man who was such a violent bigot like Keith was is actually a valid thing on her part. Especially considering her close relationship with The (Dixie) Chicks whom Keith essentially tried to destroy.That’s very fair, I’m not aware of the backstory. Quote
AdrienneM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:17 AM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:17 AM (edited) That’s very fair, I’m not aware of the backstory. He said a lot of very racist and questionable things about Middle Eastern people post 9/11, made and sold T-shirts with fake images of The Chicks lead singer with Saddam Hussain after she criticised Bush in Iraq, and sang a song about lynching black people and how the police need to be the same today and put more “gangsters in the ground”. A horrible human being all around, so I don’t fault Swift for not saying a word about him. Edited February 14, 2024 at 12:17 AM by AdrienneM 2 Quote
incognito Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:23 AM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:23 AM Yeah Toby Keith isn’t a good guy. Probably the best thing he ever did was “discover” Taylor. She would hurt a lot of her fanbase if she had made fawning comment over his death. Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue has to be one of the worst songs in history appealing to the lowest common denominator. 4 Quote
Zofia Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:44 AM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:44 AM I am completely unfamiliar with the background, so my question is general rather than specific: and it is not possible after the death of such a person to say "I owe a lot to him, but I completely do not identify with his later views"? Wouldn't that be both more honest and more pedagogically effective than remaining silent? Mean asses and their nightmarish views will not disappear from the fact that we pretend they do not exist... 1 Quote
AdrienneM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:46 AM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:46 AM I am completely unfamiliar with the background, so my question is general rather than specific: and it is not possible after the death of such a person to say "I owe a lot to him, but I completely do not identify with his later views"? Wouldn't that be both more honest and more pedagogically effective than remaining silent? Mean asses and their nightmarish views will not disappear from the fact that we pretend they do not exist... I mean it’s a lot more tricky considering Toby Keith was already a total #ss hat before he even helped get Taylor signed 3 Quote
Nmj Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:46 AM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:46 AM Yeah Toby Keith isn’t a good guy. Probably the best thing he ever did was “discover” Taylor. She would hurt a lot of her fanbase if she had made fawning comment over his death. Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue has to be one of the worst songs in history appealing to the lowest common denominator. He probably got pissed that he discovered her and then she named a song “Tim McGraw” 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:48 AM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:48 AM That’s actually a Pennsylvania accent for sure. Not in my experience. And I've studied the subject of regional accents. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 14, 2024 at 01:41 AM Posted February 14, 2024 at 01:41 AM (edited) Not in my experience. And I've studied the subject of regional accents. My dad lives in PA, and all the women he has dated sound just like Taylor. Some accents a tad thicker, but the pronunciation is all the same. It also floods into South Jersey just outside of Philly. Edited February 14, 2024 at 01:41 AM by CelinesDIVO5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
scielle Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:36 PM Posted February 14, 2024 at 12:36 PM Apparently Killer Mike (who was arrested on Grammy Sunday after winning his Grammys), was on The Daily Show last night and Taylor snubgate came up: https://www.newsweek.com/taylor-swift-celine-dion-killer-mike-grammy-awards-1869776 Quote
pat200 Posted February 15, 2024 at 10:55 PM Posted February 15, 2024 at 10:55 PM Is there a high quality video of her being announced and coming on stage and presenting the award? all in one video haha 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted February 16, 2024 at 04:59 AM Posted February 16, 2024 at 04:59 AM What'd I miss? Quote
scielle Posted February 21, 2024 at 01:28 AM Posted February 21, 2024 at 01:28 AM (edited) OMG 😁“I Made a Game Where Taylor Swift Dodges Celine Dion's Hugs” Edited February 21, 2024 at 01:29 AM by scielle 2 Quote
québecflower Posted February 21, 2024 at 04:39 AM Posted February 21, 2024 at 04:39 AM OMG 😁“I Made a Game Where Taylor Swift Dodges Celine Dion's Hugs” very nice ♥️♥️ Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
ryba Posted February 21, 2024 at 09:38 AM Posted February 21, 2024 at 09:38 AM If anything, it just highlighted how much respect there is for Celine out there- I just still feel bad for her, that Taylor never acknowledged her, not even, ‘Celine, thank you so much’- she never even looked at her, and babbled about Lana Del Rey BEING A LEGACY ARTIST. When the biggest selling female singer is standing there… Ok. Stephen, get over it, I know.TS is just stupid. Celine should snob her too. She was too generous by posing with her afterwards. She shouldn’t have Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.