Xpresso Posted May 19, 2021 at 04:19 PM Posted May 19, 2021 at 04:19 PM (edited) But remember I was told last week that a new song may drop in the next two weeks… is it this one or something else In your message above, you wrote "the new song ain't far away now" so it sounds like you were referring to the new song that may drop soon.If not, please say so clearly (if you know)! Edited May 19, 2021 at 04:19 PM by Xpresso 1 Quote
mirage Posted May 19, 2021 at 04:49 PM Posted May 19, 2021 at 04:49 PM She's been saying 'soon' since last year.Feels like a 'the best is yet to come' 2 Quote
Nmj Posted May 19, 2021 at 05:00 PM Posted May 19, 2021 at 05:00 PM But remember I was told last week that a new song may drop in the next two weeks… is it this one or something else Do you have a source close to Celine? Quote
smw Posted June 4, 2021 at 05:02 PM Posted June 4, 2021 at 05:02 PM I just watched the Selena series on Netflix, and Diane Warren (played by an actress) is a character on the show. I kept hoping Celine would get mentioned on the show... but Selena's era was a bit before Celine made a huge splash. There's lots of Whitney mentions... and a young Beyonce even makes an appearance. I had never heard the Selena / Diane Warren song before now...Selena's story is so sad. She only recorded a few English songs before she was murdered. 2 Quote
ryba Posted June 4, 2021 at 05:05 PM Posted June 4, 2021 at 05:05 PM But remember I was told last week that a new song may drop in the next two weeks… is it this one or something else so what about the song? Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 4, 2021 at 05:06 PM Posted June 4, 2021 at 05:06 PM I just watched the Selena series on Netflix, and Diane Warren (played by an actress) is a character on the show.I kept hoping Celine would get mentioned on the show... but Selena's era was a bit before Celine made a huge splash.There's lots of Whitney mentions... and a young Beyonce even makes an appearance.I had never heard the Selena / Diane Warren song before now...Selena's story is so sad.She only recorded a few English songs before she was murdered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQxruGW5ug I was shocked that they included the young Beyonce in that series Quote
celinesounds Posted June 4, 2021 at 05:06 PM Posted June 4, 2021 at 05:06 PM I just watched the Selena series on Netflix, and Diane Warren (played by an actress) is a character on the show.I kept hoping Celine would get mentioned on the show... but Selena's era was a bit before Celine made a huge splash.There's lots of Whitney mentions... and a young Beyonce even makes an appearance.I had never heard the Selena / Diane Warren song before now...Selena's story is so sad.She only recorded a few English songs before she was murdered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQxruGW5ug that serie is very good, we should have one for Celine too 1 Quote #FREEJAVITO
Taking Chances Posted June 4, 2021 at 06:44 PM Posted June 4, 2021 at 06:44 PM Is this album ever coming out? 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted June 10, 2021 at 04:54 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 04:54 PM Is this album ever coming out?Diane keeps saying it will come out soon. She's been saying that for a few months now, right? Quote
Celinelife Posted June 10, 2021 at 05:27 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 05:27 PM I am not keeping a lot of hopes from this album or her song. Firstly, Times Like This(the song Diane Warren released from the album) hasn't performed good. It has like 98k views(perhaps), secondly now-a-days no one actually cares for Diane Warren songs. Quote
Taking Chances Posted June 10, 2021 at 06:25 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 06:25 PM Diane keeps saying it will come out soon. She's been saying that for a few months now, right? Shes been saying that for at least 6 months, if not longer. Apparently "soon" means the same to Diane as it does to Celine. Soon = Not anytime in the near future. 1 Quote
george_matei Posted June 10, 2021 at 06:40 PM Posted June 10, 2021 at 06:40 PM I don't want a bad song from Diane. Better nothing than a bad song. Celine will release music someday, in english or in french, that's for sure. We have to wait. Quote
Xpresso Posted June 11, 2021 at 02:13 PM Posted June 11, 2021 at 02:13 PM Shes been saying that for at least 6 months, if not longer. Apparently "soon" means the same to Diane as it does to Celine. Soon = Not anytime in the near future.Céline doesn't really answer "soon." She usually says that she doesn't know (and with labels nobody really knows). But Diane did answer "soon" on social media when people asked her. Quote
ryba Posted June 19, 2021 at 12:00 PM Posted June 19, 2021 at 12:00 PM I don’t even care about this mediocre Superwoman song. She should give her a proper ballad 2 Quote
george_matei Posted June 19, 2021 at 02:12 PM Posted June 19, 2021 at 02:12 PM I don’t even care about this mediocre Superwoman song. She should give her a proper balladSame! Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted June 19, 2021 at 02:57 PM Posted June 19, 2021 at 02:57 PM Has the song been released and I missed it? How do we know it's "mediocre?" 1 Quote
ordinary fan Posted June 19, 2021 at 04:03 PM Posted June 19, 2021 at 04:03 PM Has the song been released and I missed it? How do we know it's "mediocre?"No not yet. I'm also wonder why people already have an opinion about this song, we barely heard something, only a snippet in the background of Diane talking. Okay it's not a ballad like BYLM or NBBMH like one might like but I wait until it's out to decide if I like it or not. Give it a chance people 3 Quote
actofcontrition Posted June 19, 2021 at 09:38 PM Posted June 19, 2021 at 09:38 PM Maybe because the pronunciation is AWFUL! Quote
rfkavanagh Posted June 19, 2021 at 11:24 PM Posted June 19, 2021 at 11:24 PM Maybe because the pronunciation is AWFUL! If that were the criterion, we'd all hate pretty much every song on Courage. 2 Quote
smw Posted June 19, 2021 at 11:47 PM Posted June 19, 2021 at 11:47 PM Out of all of Celine's more recent songs (2016 onward) , which ones showcase her best pronunciation? I still crave that beautiful Celine Dion album pronunciation. Such crystalline, perfectly executed vocals on songs like Show Some Emotion, Nothing Broken But My Heart, etc. Quote
rfkavanagh Posted June 20, 2021 at 01:49 AM Posted June 20, 2021 at 01:49 AM Out of all of Celine's more recent songs (2016 onward) , which ones showcase her best pronunciation? I still crave that beautiful Celine Dion album pronunciation. Such crystalline, perfectly executed vocals on songs like Show Some Emotion, Nothing Broken But My Heart, etc. I don't know if it's her best one - nor is it perfect - but Boundaries is the first song that came to mind. I can at least understand everything she's saying! I think the slow pace of the lyrical delivery is a big help to her. 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted June 20, 2021 at 03:03 AM Posted June 20, 2021 at 03:03 AM Ashes also. Working with someone from the movie studio clearly helped her enunciation. 2 Quote
actofcontrition Posted June 20, 2021 at 03:46 AM Posted June 20, 2021 at 03:46 AM She should work more with Kara DioGuardi aka the surprise surprise recording sessions. 3 Quote
manolo19 Posted June 20, 2021 at 05:24 AM Posted June 20, 2021 at 05:24 AM In French I find 'À la plus haute branche' is a good example of perfect pronounciation and classic Celine soft and pure.. which leads me to think it's clearly an artistic choice from her to sing with a tight jaw for the sake of 'style' and modern vibe . I still ask myself who on earth prefer that kind of singing ... I think it's only her. No one will ever tell her .. well they obviously let her do whatever she wanted with that << soulfoul >> 'Superwoman' full of vocal tics upcoming release. If every song she records were produced and sung like 'Ashes' I'd be so happy. 7 Quote
ryba Posted June 20, 2021 at 08:06 AM Posted June 20, 2021 at 08:06 AM In French I find 'À la plus haute branche' is a good example of perfect pronounciation and classic Celine soft and pure.. which leads me to think it's clearly an artistic choice from her to sing with a tight jaw for the sake of 'style' and modern vibe . I still ask myself who on earth prefer that kind of singing ... I think it's only her. No one will ever tell her .. well they obviously let her do whatever she wanted with that << soulfoul >> 'Superwoman' full of vocal tics upcoming release. If every song she records were produced and sung like 'Ashes' I'd be so happy.I think they might be too scared to tell her to do it differently, because she is too powerful lol 2 Quote
scielle Posted June 22, 2021 at 10:15 AM Posted June 22, 2021 at 10:15 AM Well this is news to me - https://www.instagram.com/p/CQYoISVnnQB/?utm_medium=copy_link 4 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 22, 2021 at 12:53 PM Posted June 22, 2021 at 12:53 PM If Céline didn't turned down these songs that were written by Diane Warren: Unbreak My HeartI Don't Want To Miss A ThingThere You'll Be Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 22, 2021 at 12:56 PM Posted June 22, 2021 at 12:56 PM So, this will be the title of Diane's new album which been said that it will be released later this year. That means maybe Q4 of this year. Diane Warren: The Cave Sessions Vol. 1, (https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/diane-warren-beyonce-cher-aerosmith-lady-gaga-1121141/) 2 Quote
Xpresso Posted June 22, 2021 at 02:00 PM Posted June 22, 2021 at 02:00 PM Well this is news to me - https://www.instagra...edium=copy_linkInteresting! And Irit is producing it. Isn't she the lady that was in the studio in that Play Me Like a Love Song clip? 1 Quote
scielle Posted June 22, 2021 at 02:29 PM Posted June 22, 2021 at 02:29 PM Interesting! And Irit is producing it. Isn't she the lady that was in the studio in that Play Me Like a Love Song clip? Yes - she’s the one who spilled the beans on that one and people haven’t let it go since! But yes, that’s why I found it notable. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.