Jump to content

New Las Vegas residency show!


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

 

post-32641-0-58705900-1619280388_thumb.png

 

The theatre is circled in red. I believe I read that there will be entrances both from inside the casino and from outside.

 

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Posted

 

 

That terrible Facebook group that Team Celine created, that’s a lot of #ss kissing. It was so painful to be a part of I had to delete it. It’s the “Titanic song is my favorite”/ #ss kissing group lol/

 

Not to mention, probably one of the meanest fan groups I’ve ever been a part of. Things get heated here on this forum, but that Facebook group is a whole other level of vile, nasty, disgusting human beings.

  • Like 2

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)
So you are staying then? :P Edited by Shamrock_1982
Posted (edited)

President of Resorts World LV just said:

(1) Residency announcements in "the next couple of weeks" (we already knew this)

(2) The commercial will air during the Academy Awards tomorrow night.

(3) The Theatre is expected to open in August.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-dT0LW-F4g

Edited by brendanm999
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

 

 

post-32641-0-58705900-1619280388_thumb.png

 

The theatre is circled in red. I believe I read that there will be entrances both from inside the casino and from outside.

 

That pagoda-style roof almost looks like a porte-cochère, which would be amazing having outside drop-off and pick-up access!

Edited by remykyes
  • Like 2

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted
I just hope that prices are not to $$$$
Posted

I just hope that prices are not to $$$$

 

Did you see the placeholder website someone posted above in the thread? Tickets are listed as $75-$500

Posted

Here's an idea of what you can get at different price levels ($79.50 to $500) based on the AXS demo event.

post-32641-0-22316200-1619304014_thumb.jpg

Posted
I'm afraid those seats will instantly be bought by scalpers and re-sold at much higher prices. Especially for the first few shows. 😥
  • Like 1
Posted

Here's an idea of what you can get at different price levels ($79.50 to $500) based on the AXS demo event.

post-32641-0-22316200-1619304014_thumb.jpg

 

The stage does look quite small, I wonder how big it will be...:hmm:

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
Here's an idea of what you can get at different price levels ($79.50 to $500) based on the AXS demo event.

Edited by browseceline
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

The stage does look quite small, I wonder how big it will be... :hmm:

 

From what I've been reading, The Theater will be revolutionizing the way a theatrical space is used. Each of the wings on each side of the stage are moveable, which means that you can customize the size of the space for whatever need the user has. In our case, I'd surmise that the wings that you see in the test event will be pulled back giving Celine the full width of the stage to use for her residency. Smaller stages, like the one in the test event, could be used for a speaker, for example.

  • Like 3

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted (edited)

He also says...

 

- headliners ("partners" as he called them) will be doing other things for Resorts World when they aren't performing.

 

-each artist contributed ideas to the commercial and Celine had final say. And that there will be more commercials.

 

That first part has me a bit intrigued.

 

President of Resorts World LV just said:

(1) Residency announcements in "the next couple of weeks" (we already knew this)

(2) The commercial will air during the Academy Awards tomorrow night.

(3) The Theatre is expected to open in August.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-dT0LW-F4g

Edited by maki_Dion-er
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

He also says...

 

- headliners ("partners" as he called them) will be doing other things for Resorts World when they aren't performing.

 

-each artist contributed ideas to the commercial and Celine had final say. And that there will be more commercials.

 

That first part has me a bit intrigued.

 

I could totally see them doing an exhibition of her outfits!

She keeps everything, after all. And why keep it in a warehouse? (I’d definitely pay to see that 7lb wedding tiara!)

 

It could make for a really great museum not only because her looks are iconic and interesting, but also because they could write about all the modifications they have to make to get them “stage ready”. Not just mic packs but also alterations so she can move and breather properly, or to make them appropriate for quick-changes, durable for many shows, “wardrobe-malfunction-safe”, etc.

 

And the shoes! So many shoes! 😂

Edited by scielle
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
I wonder how much more she will be earning per show now, compared to what she was making in Cesars Palace. Im sure that it will be quite a bit more Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

I wonder how much more she will be earning per show now, compared to what she was making in Cesars Palace. Im sure that it will be quite a bit more

 

People were saying a while back that around $1,000,000 a show had been negotiated, and for me, that’s what I assume she’ll earn, cause from what we know, her contract from 2011-2019 didn’t include a pay rise or an adjustment in inflation

Posted

President of Resorts World LV just said:

(1) Residency announcements in "the next couple of weeks" (we already knew this)

(2) The commercial will air during the Academy Awards tomorrow night.

(3) The Theatre is expected to open in August.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-dT0LW-F4g

"Celine being the queen..always made the final decision." 3:25ish mark. :)
  • Like 3
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

He also says...

 

- headliners ("partners" as he called them) will be doing other things for Resorts World when they aren't performing.

 

-each artist contributed ideas to the commercial and Celine had final say. And that there will be more commercials.

 

That first part has me a bit intrigued.

I love the "Celine had final say part". Makes me think she'll be the main headliner and contributed a lot to design and what else they've committed to.

 

As far as what else she'll be doing, I'm very curious about this part. It may end up being the headliners having to make appearances at each other's shows, the nightclub, etc. I'm intrigued and definitely want to know more.

  • Like 4

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
It would be very awesome if there was some kind of Celine museum there - I’d pay dollar to see that
  • Like 5
Posted
I'm also hoping for another Celine store lol.
  • Like 4

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
Is this the great project she said is coming up in few months in that Loreal interview? We already knew that! My hopes were high for sometimes
Posted

Is this the great project she said is coming up in few months in that Loreal interview? We already knew that! My hopes were high for sometimes

 

Probably, yes. She also still has to film her cameo in Text For You, doesn’t she?

Posted

I wonder how much more she will be earning per show now, compared to what she was making in Cesars Palace. Im sure that it will be quite a bit more

People were saying a while back that around $1,000,000 a show had been negotiated, and for me, that's what I assume she'll earn, cause from what we know, her contract from 2011-2019 didn't include a pay rise or an adjustment in inflation

but is that possible? If she earns one million per show, the theatre wouldn’t really benefit much from such a deal
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

but is that possible? If she earns one million per show, the theatre wouldn’t really benefit much from such a deal

 

Having 5,000 people walk through their casino every night, a big number of those, staying there, gambling there, eating there, shopping there, getting spa treatments etc..

 

Same with the Caesars Palace, they don’t make money of the show... which is why they had that 90 minute maximum for each show, they want those people to get back into the resort.

Posted

 

 

Probably, yes. She also still has to film her cameo in Text For You, doesn’t she?

Who knows if she is really in the movie or is it just an online interaction? But we all knew(even the media) that Celine will return to LV. I hope for a little more, like a soundtrack, good oprah/ellen interview, LD music video, Courage World Tour DVD when she said great upcoming project. Not another residency.

 

If she meant by great project, a residency which we all know will contain only hits and weird covers and YOUR THE VOICE, KISS, a medley full of non-Celine material, same songs over and over, mhwgo ending, few months of her scripted joke of how she returned to Vegas, hardly a rare song, hardly a courage song, hardly HDAMLF,hardly Ashes. We are less interested in commercial where she is a game girl playing on Zedd(god knows how many commercial they have shot/will shoot). But more on the main topic itself(the residency), and things which is kept on her Celine vault like Lying Down MV, MHWGO MV, BYLM MV,Live videos, Encore Un Soir MV, TLYM MV and god knows what else!

Posted (edited)

but is that possible? If she earns one million per show, the theatre wouldn’t really benefit much from such a deal

 

Celine was making $476,000 a show per night at Caesar’s when the show was grossing around $600,000-700,000 a night.

 

Gaga was being paid $1,000,000 a night for shows grossing around $1,400,000 a night. And Gagas venue is closer in size to Resorts World (around 5,000)... so it can absolutely be done. And as Nmj said, extra revenue made through people staying at the hotel, gambling there, shopping there, eating there etc. All adds up

Edited by AdrienneM
  • Like 3
Posted

Who knows if she is really in the movie or is it just an online interaction? But we all knew(even the media) that Celine will return to LV. I hope for a little more, like a soundtrack, good oprah/ellen interview, LD music video, Courage World Tour DVD when she said great upcoming project. Not another residency.

 

If she meant by great project, a residency which we all know will contain only hits and weird covers and YOUR THE VOICE, KISS, a medley full of non-Celine material, same songs over and over, mhwgo ending, few months of her scripted joke of how she returned to Vegas, hardly a rare song, hardly a courage song, hardly HDAMLF,hardly Ashes. We are less interested in commercial where she is a game girl playing on Zedd(god knows how many commercial they have shot/will shoot). But more on the main topic itself(the residency), and things which is kept on her Celine vault like Lying Down MV, MHWGO MV, BYLM MV,Live videos, Encore Un Soir MV, TLYM MV and god knows what else!

 

I think by great project, she meant the Las Vegas Residency and Text For You, probably also a new French album for the European leg of Courage World Tour

  • Like 2
Posted
Oh My God I forgot about You’re the Voice. If it makes the new show- I’m dead.
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...