george_matei Posted April 22, 2021 at 06:33 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 06:33 PM I've read somewhere about a deal: 200M $ for 19 concerts. Is that true? Quote
AdrienneM Posted April 22, 2021 at 07:04 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 07:04 PM I've read somewhere about a deal: 200M $ for 19 concerts. Is that true? No, that was a joke Quote
Popular Post stevo Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:03 PM Popular Post Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:03 PM Not sure I love People and Billboard not mentioning Celine in their headlines about it - Carrie, Katie and Luke...erm- what about the f****** superstar Queen?! 8 Quote
nuts2you Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:28 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:28 PM Boy , this is the most viewed Topic today , Quote
Nmj Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:34 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:34 PM Not sure I love People and Billboard not mentioning Celine in their headlines about it - Carrie, Katie and Luke...erm- what about the f****** superstar Queen?! I agree. Probably because all the rest are first time Vegas Residency artists, this is #3 for Celine. Quote
Nmj Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:50 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:50 PM I’m very optimistic this will be Celine’s greatest Vegas residency, I think she feels the pressure to give the best show since it’s not just her theatre this time. I’m also hopeful that since it will undoubtedly less shows per year being one of four headliners that she won’t sign a clause saying she’s tied down from other North American appearances, as I’m sure none of the rest of them will. 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:54 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:54 PM I don’t think she will ever be able to beat the A new day residency that was special, a visual masterpiece, and was a proper Vegas show. But let’s see what they bring this time. 4 Quote
Nmj Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:59 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 08:59 PM (edited) I don’t think she will ever be able to beat the A new day residency that was special, a visual masterpiece, and was a proper Vegas show. But let’s see what they bring this time. “A New Day...” will definitely be hard to beat for sure, but if she brings a show with half the beauty of that mixed in with a better setlist, we could have something spectacular. In all honesty, “Celine” was a big let down after AND, and the reasoning was they decided to go simple. Nothing about Vegas should be “simple”, it’s the one place where you can’t ever go too big. Edited April 22, 2021 at 09:17 PM by Nmj 4 Quote
ehild Posted April 22, 2021 at 09:03 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 09:03 PM I just hope the waterfall is back. Or something like it. Visually that was pretty spectacular. 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
nuts2you Posted April 22, 2021 at 09:31 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 09:31 PM Rumor has it major portions of Resorts World won't be completed by the June 24th opening date. That includes the nightclub and concert venue Quote
Del Posted April 22, 2021 at 09:56 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 09:56 PM I don’t think she will ever be able to beat the A new day residency that was special, a visual masterpiece, and was a proper Vegas show. But let’s see what they bring this time.I think they need to look at what made A New Day so unique and apply some of that to the new show. It needs to be fresh, modern. Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk 2 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
incognito Posted April 22, 2021 at 10:09 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 10:09 PM I am one happy camper here! Viva Las Vegas! Same 1 Quote
Ajax Posted April 22, 2021 at 10:10 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 10:10 PM “A New Day...” will definitely be hard to beat for sure, but if she brings a show with half the beauty of that mixed in with a better setlist, we could have something spectacular. In all honesty, “Celine” was a big let down after AND, and the reasoning was they decided to go simple. Nothing about Vegas should be “simple”, it’s the one place where you can’t ever go too big. 😂 I feel so sorry for you Quote
Nmj Posted April 22, 2021 at 10:18 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 10:18 PM 😂 I feel so sorry for you I love your optimistic attitude. Quote
nuts2you Posted April 22, 2021 at 10:25 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 10:25 PM I wonder what her VIP packages will be like and what comes with it as well Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted April 22, 2021 at 10:36 PM Posted April 22, 2021 at 10:36 PM AXS seems to have put up a "Demo Event" for the residency. You can see prices and seating selection for The Theatre but it's just a demo! https://www.axs.com/events/398923/celine-dion-demo-event-tickets I hope those are actual reflections of the ticket prices. $79-$500. Not bad. I was worried top price would be more like $700. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted April 23, 2021 at 12:01 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 12:01 AM I just hope the waterfall is back. Or something like it. Visually that was pretty spectacular. It was but very outta place, a show with hardly any special effects and then on the last song they add the water... they were lazy with that show. A curtain, and a waterfall and nothing in between. 1 Quote
ehild Posted April 23, 2021 at 12:25 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 12:25 AM It was but very outta place, a show with hardly any special effects and then on the last song they add the water... they were lazy with that show. A curtain, and a waterfall and nothing in between.Yeah! There were other aspects I liked but this new show, I'd love to see a totally new concept. Dancers, etc. 3 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 23, 2021 at 01:39 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 01:39 AM Here we go at 19 shows being extended to 10 more years Remember A New Day? Only 3 weeks then it extended up to 5 years 1 Quote
Nmj Posted April 23, 2021 at 01:43 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 01:43 AM Here we go at 19 shows being extended to 10 more years Remember A New Day? Only 3 weeks then it extended up to 5 years She was being sarcastic, it was never 3 weeks but originally 2 years, extended to 3 and then 5 before wrapping. 3 Quote
Celinelife Posted April 23, 2021 at 02:20 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 02:20 AM Why am I getting an impression that Celine will not do any residency RIGHT NOW. They took Celine in the commercial as she has performed in Vegas for 16 years and now is a legend. That is because i don't see many websites mentioning Celine will actually perform there. Quote
RTafuri Posted April 23, 2021 at 02:45 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 02:45 AM (edited) I don't know if anyone posted this already, but I just wanted to confirm my suspicion that Celine appears more than the other 5 in the video and she does! I counted only the frames where some part of their bodies appear on screen and that is the total air time each of the 6 performers have in the video. PS.: The thumbnail on the Celine timeline that shows Zedd is actually a Celine frame, it's just the thumb being dumb. Edited April 23, 2021 at 02:46 AM by RTafuri 2 Quote By now, Celine probably has more discarded projects than released ones.
MTJ Posted April 23, 2021 at 02:57 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 02:57 AM AXS seems to have put up a "Demo Event" for the residency. You can see prices and seating selection for The Theatre but it's just a demo! https://www.axs.com/...o-event-ticketsI hope those are actual reflections of the ticket prices. $79-$500. Not bad. I was worried top price would be more like $700. Well I hope the show premiers before May 3rd 2030, as its listed on that page!!! I don't know if anyone posted this already, but I just wanted to confirm my suspicion that Celine appears more than the other 5 in the video and she does! I counted only the frames where some part of their bodies appear on screen and that is the total air time each of the 6 performers have in the video. PS.: The thumbnail on the Celine timeline that shows Zedd is actually a Celine frame, it's just the thumb being dumb. Yeah, geek out! I actually only recognized Katy and Carrie. I thought Luke was Ryan Seacrest - no clue about Zedd and Tiesto. I guess RW is doing a good job at appealing to a wide range of guests! Quote
PuraVida Posted April 23, 2021 at 04:30 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 04:30 AM This was clearly a Teaser Trailer, and the context clues are all there.I don't think she needed to say "I'm Back!", as the message is clearly....coming soon to Vegas! Besides everything surely isnt hammered out yet, COVID is not over, and she hasn't finished the Courage Tour which was officially launched with her saying "CIao for now Vegas!" 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted April 23, 2021 at 06:42 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 06:42 AM I’m excited now about the name of the show. Something quirky if Dragone/Cirque are involved. A new dawn... lol Or something simple if it’s just Celine and her band and maybe a few dancers. Celine Live... Quote
jolo87 Posted April 23, 2021 at 07:01 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 07:01 AM I’m excited now about the name of the show. Something quirky if Dragone/Cirque are involved. A new dawn... lol Or something simple if it’s just Celine and her band and maybe a few dancers. Celine Live... Celine Dion: Play Me Like a Love Song The show opens with PMLALS then the rest of the show is just her greatest hits and covers of classic love songs. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 23, 2021 at 08:01 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 08:01 AM Céline Dion's Oops! I Did It Again...Live in Las Vegas Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 23, 2021 at 08:35 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 08:35 AM Billboard Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted April 23, 2021 at 10:04 AM Posted April 23, 2021 at 10:04 AM Well I booked a trip to stay at the Conrad this July in Las Vegas at Resorts World. Figured why not! 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Nmj Posted April 23, 2021 at 12:18 PM Posted April 23, 2021 at 12:18 PM (edited) Celine Dion: Play Me Like a Love Song The show opens with PMLALS then the rest of the show is just her greatest hits and covers of classic love songs. I love how everyone has named this song, and call for its release and live performances after hearing 15 seconds of god knows what it’s final product is. She won’t even perform “Courage” songs on a Tour named after that album, what makes anyone think she’ll perform a song that isn’t released and may never be. Also greatest hits and love song covers.....that’s the worst thing she could do. Please no theme being cover songs in any way. Edited April 23, 2021 at 12:43 PM by Nmj 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.