scielle Posted November 28, 2019 at 05:51 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 05:51 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 5 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted November 28, 2019 at 05:51 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 05:51 PM Isnt that what they did with Mego...? He plateaued and got chopped 🙅🏻♂️ I would have to disagree with the reasoning. Boring setlists weren't megos fault. 2 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted November 28, 2019 at 05:54 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 05:54 PM Some viewers saying that the song is depressingly dismissive during the holidays....as in I got my own s*** to deal with f*** off sksksksks Quote
AdrienneM Posted November 28, 2019 at 05:54 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 05:54 PM (edited) Isnt that what they did with Mego...? He plateaued and got chopped 🙅🏻♂️ Something far more credible which ive reas is that his along with many other bandmembers contracts expired and they simply werent renewed Edited November 28, 2019 at 05:55 PM by AdrienneM Quote
Xpresso Posted November 28, 2019 at 05:56 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 05:56 PM I can't believe they actually cut part of her song for the broadcast. Quote
marc-02 Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:11 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:11 PM This oneiw cute though... The adorable kid! https://www.instagram.com/p/B5atf4Ynh6r/?igshid=19qt15k3hg1pn 2 Quote
scielle Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:27 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:27 PM (edited) A PR puff piece and they could update the picture, but I'll take what I can get! Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited November 28, 2019 at 06:30 PM by scielle Quote
Critiaslux Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:36 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:36 PM A PR puff piece and they could update the picture, but I'll take what I can get! Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet I am wondering whether the reason Celine had not been performing album tracks before is because Macy’s advertised this performance as the debut one from her new album and hence had a kind of exclusivity 🤔 Anyway this seems to generate some buzz and charts lift so some good news ☺️ To see tomorrow it impact the Black Friday sales. 1 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:45 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:45 PM She looked amazing! But I'm sorry... they really butchered the song. They way they edited it. it was just plain ugly.No wonder why Céline had to do it 2/3 times.... She actually sang the the whole song at the recording, that's not why she did 3 takes. NBC edited it terribly. She did 3 takes because that's usually the standard when recording for television/film. She had to restart one of the takes like twice because she couldn't get the "I try" part (not because of vocal issues). Would have been amazing if she sang Thankful and then Imperfections but since she could only do one I'm glad she chose a new one off her new album. 2 Quote
scielle Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:46 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:46 PM To see tomorrow it impact the Black Friday sales. Yeah well that won't count towards this week's chart. Hopefully the uplift today will be enough to keep her from plummeting. The press picked up on the "17 years between nr. 1s" storyline, so let's hope there's no "biggest drop from nr. 1" storyline for them to write about next week! 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:54 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:54 PM (edited) Next.... oh wait?!? Edited November 28, 2019 at 06:55 PM by Shamrock_1982 Quote
Ajax Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:59 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:59 PM I realised I have a totally different lecture of Imperfection than Celine has. I see Imperfection quite up lifting especially in the chorus, like you want to put your arm in the air and just put a big smile on your face while moving. I see it has a celebration of your impefection. The way Celine presents Imperfection, as also expressed in the video, is yes very deep, too deep for me, almost dramatic, even now on stage. I like that she doesn't have the same interpretation as me, really like it as an artistic point of view, just doesn't make it for me. I feel she missed the point, but well good for her, it's her song at the end, her way to feel it I guess. 3 Quote
marc-02 Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:59 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 06:59 PM Imperfections up to #27 (new peak) on iTunes USA 4 Quote
Ajax Posted November 28, 2019 at 07:10 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 07:10 PM Another remark I don't know is she has to fire Scott Price, but she clearly hasn't find her musical Pepe as said here.The way she presents but also works on her own repertoire can still be misarable. And it's not something from now, it got even better in the last few years, like with the medley and other performances. She needs someone in her team to work on that if it can't be Scott. That's someting she's dragging from the begining, that's the saddest part in all that. Quote
smw Posted November 28, 2019 at 07:26 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 07:26 PM (edited) Imperfections up to #27 (new peak) on iTunes USA Fabulous! It will probably rise even more when the parade re-airs. Thank goodness for this fantastic promo for her new music! Definitely makes up for a lack of other tv appearances by appearing on one of the biggest tv events of the year. She looks so beautiful. I also love how diva-tastic it is for her to perform indoors. People know Celine Dion has to preserve that VOICE! & they gave her a Queen worthy intro! We finally got to hear “and now for a performance from her brand new #1 album Courage....!” Edited November 28, 2019 at 07:47 PM by smw 3 Quote
yoyoma Posted November 28, 2019 at 07:38 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 07:38 PM Fabulous! It will probably rise even more when the parade re-airs. Thank goodness for this fantastic promo for her new music! Definitely makes up for a lack of other tv appearances by appearing on one of the biggest tv events of the year. She looks so beautiful. I also love how diva-tastic it is for her to perform indoors. People know Celine Dion has to preserve that VOICE! When will the parade re-air Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
ryba Posted November 28, 2019 at 07:47 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 07:47 PM Another remark I don't know is she has to fire Scott Price, but she clearly hasn't find her musical Pepe as said here.The way she presents but also works on her own repertoire can still be misarable. And it's not something from now, it got even better in the last few years, like with the medley and other performances. She needs someone in her team to work on that if it can't be Scott. That's someting she's dragging from the begining, that's the saddest part in all that.I think that Scott is more than willing to change many things, but she won’t let him. She wants to stick to the old and tested formula 1 Quote
scielle Posted November 28, 2019 at 07:51 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 07:51 PM (edited) When will the parade re-air It's on now. Her bit already re-aired at the beginning of the hour. Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited November 28, 2019 at 07:54 PM by scielle 2 Quote
mikez Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:00 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:00 PM Any chances of her performance being uploaded to YouTube? She sounds so good 1 Quote
scielle Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:01 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:01 PM Any chances of her performance being uploaded to YouTube? She sounds so good It is. See the Billboard link I posted above. Quote
mikez Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:06 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:06 PM It is. See the Billboard link I posted above. Yeah but I meant officially, and in HQ Quote
ryba Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:29 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:29 PM The way this song was cut and edited is amateur and embarrassing 2 Quote
mirage Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:34 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:34 PM Well that was nice... Can't wait for July, Paris fashion week we will get some new press again. Till then, enjoy the album and wait for the next one to be killed immediately after release day. 2 Quote
yoyoma Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:39 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:39 PM She has a break after 14 dec. She might do something ? Lol Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
smw Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:45 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:45 PM We still have lots to look forward to! It’s rumored that Celine’s singing the new Bond theme. The vinyl edition of Courage gets released in February. We know we at least have one more music video — Lying Down — coming our way. Who knows if they’ll surprise us with something else? A holiday / Christmas special would be fabulous. 4 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:45 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:45 PM Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any link to the HQ performance? 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Nmj Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:54 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:54 PM It's on now. Her bit already re-aired at the beginning of the hour. Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet I don’t understand why people don’t understand that Celine doesn’t do these events in order to spend the holidays with her family. If she was willing to be there during the holiday she would’ve been outside with everyone else. I think this is a main reason we have never seen Celine headline the Rockin’ New Years Eve. I understand why people may think she was being a “diva” performing in doors if they thought it was live, but I think most these people didn’t know this was pre recorded weeks ago. 2 Quote
ehild Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:58 PM Author Posted November 28, 2019 at 08:58 PM I did end up catching it on NBC when they aired it. I'm in Texas for Thanksgiving and the time change always messes with things lol. That and I was in charge of the turkey. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Xpresso Posted November 28, 2019 at 09:06 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 09:06 PM I don’t understand why people don’t understand that Celine doesn’t do these events in order to spend the holidays with her family. If she was willing to be there during the holiday she would’ve been outside with everyone else. I think this is a main reason we have never seen Celine headline the Rockin’ New Years Eve. I understand why people may think she was being a “diva” performing in doors if they thought it was live, but I think most these people didn’t know this was pre recorded weeks ago.Exactly. Most people think she was there today and performed inside. Hopefully someone told them what the real story is. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.