Ajax Posted November 16, 2019 at 04:12 PM Posted November 16, 2019 at 04:12 PM (edited) So weird for me that people my say that some songs are not supposed to be performed live. It's just wrong. It doesn't make any sens.Ok, her team does not seem qualified to make this kind of song sounds good live, but at first any song could, and should make it live, some songs just need some more work, for some seem it looks more obvious, natural. Imperfection is not really my cup of tea, that's not what I would listen. But still I think that in term of production, it is one of the best song on the album. It's technically and artistically very well done. The whole mixing, with the incursion of the guitar gimmick, the piano, the clapping, the delicate electronic sound. All that is mixed with delicateness and minimalism, it is a real good job. Imperfection has everything to make a good moment live. An acoustic version, playing with the guitar, Scott at the piano, some clapping. Or going totally into the modern vibe increasing the minimalist and electroning sound, still adding some more real guitars live and the piano... Is her team motivated and qualified to do that ? I don't think, but that's another problem. Edited November 16, 2019 at 04:14 PM by Ajax 6 Quote
marc-02 Posted November 16, 2019 at 05:06 PM Posted November 16, 2019 at 05:06 PM (edited) I can’t believe how some of you think “Imperfections” sounds great live!!! This performance proves to me that it truly is a song that isn’t supposed to be performed live and I hope she won’t add it on the tour. I’m sorry if my posts sound very negative. I myself am a little shocked as I’m usually super positive about Céline but it’s just my opinion. "You can't believe?" Haha.. What exactly do you mean by that? You think we're making this up, our love for Imperfections? Just accept it that we love it and you don't. How would you feel if we tell you "we can't believe" you don't like Imperfection!!! I won't definitely say that to you because you are entitled to your opinion. Just as we are entitled to repeat over and over that we like Imperfections and would love it to be added on the setlist. To each his own. Edited November 16, 2019 at 05:11 PM by marc-02 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted November 16, 2019 at 05:16 PM Posted November 16, 2019 at 05:16 PM Seems like radio stations love Imperfections more than any other single released in the last 15 years! And it sounds good live - although it's with a track and not her band. With her band, it might be different. 4 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 16, 2019 at 05:45 PM Posted November 16, 2019 at 05:45 PM I can’t believe how some of you think “Imperfections” sounds great live!!! This performance proves to me that it truly is a song that isn’t supposed to be performed live and I hope she won’t add it on the tour. I’m sorry if my posts sound very negative. I myself am a little shocked as I’m usually super positive about Céline but it’s just my opinion. We’ve only heard like 10 seconds. Calm down. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Céline RO Posted November 16, 2019 at 06:43 PM Posted November 16, 2019 at 06:43 PM (edited) 1573924007[/url]' post='2368530']"You can't believe?" Haha.. What exactly do you mean by that? You think we're making this up, our love for Imperfections? Just accept it that we love it and you don't. How would you feel if we tell you "we can't believe" you don't like Imperfection!!! I won't definitely say that to you because you are entitled to your opinion. Just as we are entitled to repeat over and over that we like Imperfections and would love it to be added on the setlist. To each his own. I said I can’t believe you think that it sounds great live. To me the performance of it was slightly underwhelming compared to the studio version, hence my statement: it’s a studio song. However, we still haven’t heard the full thing. Maybe it actually sounds better. Let’s wait and see... Edited November 16, 2019 at 06:43 PM by Céline RO Quote The best is yet to come...
Alice Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:52 PM Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:52 PM I'm glad she sung Imperfections live, it's a single - what else was she supposed to sing? But I don't think the outfit matched the song well. She should've worn something more modern, IMO. 2 Quote
CSCfan Posted November 18, 2019 at 09:09 AM Posted November 18, 2019 at 09:09 AM I'm glad she sung Imperfections live, it's a single - what else was she supposed to sing? But I don't think the outfit matched the song well. She should've worn something more modern, IMO. So it wasn't perfect for you? How fitting... 3 Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
DionFanAlways Posted November 18, 2019 at 10:56 AM Posted November 18, 2019 at 10:56 AM I'm glad she sung Imperfections live, it's a single - what else was she supposed to sing? But I don't think the outfit matched the song well. She should've worn something more modern, IMO.Yeah I would have liked something a little more casual. Sometimes she's too over the top. 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
MLowery855 Posted November 18, 2019 at 02:52 PM Posted November 18, 2019 at 02:52 PM I said I can’t believe you think that it sounds great live. To me the performance of it was slightly underwhelming compared to the studio version, hence my statement: it’s a studio song. However, we still haven’t heard the full thing. Maybe it actually sounds better. Let’s wait and see... I actually never like her studio stuff. It’s over-produced. Celine live is 100% my preference. I don’t even listen to her albums - any of them - because I cannot stand how the studio stuff sounds. So I guess I don’t understand you, either. 1 Quote Celine in Las Vegas, CWT in Atlanta, Louisville, Jacksonville, Charlotte, Raleigh - 55 shows attended Show #56 & #57 - Paris - 9/12/2026 & 5/15/2027
Popular Post marc-02 Posted November 18, 2019 at 05:52 PM Popular Post Posted November 18, 2019 at 05:52 PM Someone posted a longer clip of her Macy's performance taping. 11 Quote
Davey84 Posted November 18, 2019 at 06:04 PM Posted November 18, 2019 at 06:04 PM Cool to hear/see it! It sounds great live IMO!! I so wish it will be part of the show now!! The dress is a bit weird tho! LOL 3 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
idroveallnight Posted November 18, 2019 at 06:31 PM Posted November 18, 2019 at 06:31 PM What's everyone complaining about? It sounded just like the album version. And the dress if flippin gorgeous! 3 Quote
ehild Posted November 18, 2019 at 06:35 PM Author Posted November 18, 2019 at 06:35 PM I love Imperfections and i'm glad to see it finally start receiving some attention now that the album is out! 3 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
flutefreak Posted November 18, 2019 at 07:16 PM Posted November 18, 2019 at 07:16 PM Love the dress. She looks great in this shade of blue! 3 Quote
superstar85ca Posted November 22, 2019 at 01:51 AM Posted November 22, 2019 at 01:51 AM What's everyone complaining about? It sounded just like the album version. And the dress if flippin gorgeous!agree!! Plus it's for a thanksgiving/holiday special - I think the dress is beautiful. She has a figure for anything. She looks great! 4 Quote
mikez Posted November 22, 2019 at 12:30 PM Posted November 22, 2019 at 12:30 PM Cool to hear/see it! It sounds great live IMO!! I so wish it will be part of the show now!! The dress is a bit weird tho! LOL She sounds amazing 1 Quote
scielle Posted November 26, 2019 at 05:37 AM Posted November 26, 2019 at 05:37 AM https://www.instagram.com/p/B5T79Heni6x/"maddiem27Those who are close to me know how much I love @celinedion and how I’ve been a fan of her my entire life. I’ve been lip syncing her songs for as long as i can remember, seen her 4 times in concert (cried at all of them) and have been in countless debates with those who don’t believe she is the GOAT. Anyways...when i found out that she was going to be in this year’s parade I freaked and then later realized that my life was over when I wasn’t able to attend her rehearsal. My parade family knew how upset i was and made my dreams come true with a personal message from the goddess herself. I’ve replayed this video thousands of times and so appreciate the efforts they made to make me feel better. Thank you @cndelli13 for being the best boss and capturing this moment for me and thank you Celine for being so gracious ❤️ SEE YOU IN MARCH!" 6 Quote
kellyfan161 Posted November 26, 2019 at 12:59 PM Posted November 26, 2019 at 12:59 PM https://www.instagram.com/p/B5T79Heni6x/"maddiem27Those who are close to me know how much I love @celinedion and how I’ve been a fan of her my entire life. I’ve been lip syncing her songs for as long as i can remember, seen her 4 times in concert (cried at all of them) and have been in countless debates with those who don’t believe she is the GOAT. Anyways...when i found out that she was going to be in this year’s parade I freaked and then later realized that my life was over when I wasn’t able to attend her rehearsal. My parade family knew how upset i was and made my dreams come true with a personal message from the goddess herself. I’ve replayed this video thousands of times and so appreciate the efforts they made to make me feel better. Thank you @cndelli13 for being the best boss and capturing this moment for me and thank you Celine for being so gracious ❤️�� SEE YOU IN MARCH!"Who is this?? Is she famous?? Quote
scielle Posted November 26, 2019 at 01:09 PM Posted November 26, 2019 at 01:09 PM Who is this?? Is she famous??A Macy's employee, apparently.. Quote
Ri2n Posted November 26, 2019 at 09:06 PM Posted November 26, 2019 at 09:06 PM Will she be at Thanksgiving Parade? Or did they record the performance in advance? Quote
nuts2you Posted November 26, 2019 at 09:57 PM Posted November 26, 2019 at 09:57 PM Does anybody know what time this will come on, with her Quote
Davey84 Posted November 27, 2019 at 10:04 AM Posted November 27, 2019 at 10:04 AM I wonder if Team Celine will have a Black Friday Sale this year! I think they had one in 2017, I got the Titanic hoodie then, but not last year... Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Loup_garou Posted November 27, 2019 at 03:39 PM Posted November 27, 2019 at 03:39 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 5 Quote
smw Posted November 27, 2019 at 10:00 PM Posted November 27, 2019 at 10:00 PM Hoping this appearance boosts her album sales among older people who still buy physical albums!Also hoping for a big round of media picking up on this performance. People magazine, etc. It would be WONDERFUL if people start associating this album with Christmas / buying this album as a gift for Christmas. http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2019/11/13/celine-dion-to-perform-in-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade-rele.html https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/celine-dion-idina-menzel-and-nct-127-to-perform-at-the-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade.html/ 1 Quote
superstar85ca Posted November 28, 2019 at 12:48 AM Posted November 28, 2019 at 12:48 AM I'm glad she is in the show no matter what she sings. Imperfections is -I think the safest song for her to do in this type of scenario. She's outdoors, the sound probably sucks, technical issues etc. I think these types of shows are a bit of a stressful thing for performers. Would have been kick #ss if she had come out and done a song we weren't expecting from the album- like when she sang River Deep on David Letterman - I remember being like wha???? This s*** is perfect!! Quote
scielle Posted November 28, 2019 at 01:00 AM Posted November 28, 2019 at 01:00 AM I appreciate the backwards dress. Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted November 28, 2019 at 01:25 AM Posted November 28, 2019 at 01:25 AM I'm glad she is in the show no matter what she sings. Imperfections is -I think the safest song for her to do in this type of scenario. She's outdoors, the sound probably sucks, technical issues etc. I think these types of shows are a bit of a stressful thing for performers. Would have been kick #ss if she had come out and done a song we weren't expecting from the album- like when she sang River Deep on David Letterman - I remember being like wha???? This s*** is perfect!!She pre-filmed her appearance so she won’t be outside. But I echo your sentiment, I can’t wait to hear it! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
fred Posted November 28, 2019 at 02:50 AM Posted November 28, 2019 at 02:50 AM I love her too over the top this way (and Jimmy Fallon AND Hyde Park ❤)! Yeah I would have liked something a little more casual. Sometimes she's too over the top. 1 Quote Peace and love to all.
mirage Posted November 28, 2019 at 11:16 AM Posted November 28, 2019 at 11:16 AM She looks soo awesome in these bright colors. Love it!! 2 Quote
joaofilho Posted November 28, 2019 at 12:31 PM Posted November 28, 2019 at 12:31 PM What time will it be broadcast? is anyone recording? 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.