Dertz1 Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:12 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:12 AM She is singing live <3 1 Quote
sarit_celine Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:14 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:14 AM She sounds perfect singing it, how on earth anyone can think it can't work live ! There you go! 4 Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
Nmj Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:18 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:18 AM https://www.instagram.com/p/B46DET8FBiO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_linkhttps://www.instagram.com/p/B455IO5FN30/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_linkhttps://www.instagram.com/p/B45vW0FA077/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_linkhttps://www.instagram.com/p/B45vSEGghwe/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link Wow she’s Actually singing the song live without lipping and sounds good based off that snippet; no reason to not have that song on Tour! 4 Quote
Nmj Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:21 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:21 AM I actually think she will add quite a bit more new songs to the show from the new album, a little bummed I went early on to see the show if that’s the case. 3 Quote
sarit_celine Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:24 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:24 AM Wow she’s Actually singing the song live without lipping and sounds good based off that snippet; no reason to not have that song on Tour! Fingers crossed! 1 Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
queenofvegas Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:58 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 01:58 AM The key of this song is just too low to sing live in my opinion. You can hear her lose her breath on the lower notes. And honestly, this song is way too easy to lip lol Quote
karatedude317 Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:24 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:24 AM She’s doing imperfections, doing it LIVE, which gives us hope for the tour and people are STILL complaining?! 4 Quote
marc-02 Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:27 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:27 AM OMG someone, an animal rights protester, just tried heckling Celine as she was coming out of the hotel, for wearing fur/leather... https://www.instagram.com/p/B45-IoOF4Qz/?igshid=1d30i2j0737xr "Shame on Celine Dion for supporting an industry that murders and tortures animals!" https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7691229/amp/Celine-Dion-flaunts-leather-pants-Chanel-bags-protester-VEGAN-face-tattoo-arrested.html 2 Quote
scielle Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:28 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:28 AM She's doing imperfections, doing it LIVE, which gives us hope for the tour and people are STILL complaining?! Well, it's an extremely irritating song, so I for one certainly do not wish to see it on tour. 1 Quote
Popular Post Nmj Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:30 AM Popular Post Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:30 AM Well, it's an extremely irritating song, so I for one certainly do not wish to see it on tour. Lyrics about self-love and learning to accept imperfections, is far from irritating; this song deserves to be in her show and promoted around the globe. Beautiful song and an even more beautiful message. 9 Quote
québecflower Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:37 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:37 AM Lyrics about self-love and learning to accept imperfections, is far from irritating; this song deserves to be in her show and promoted around the globe. Beautiful song and an even more beautiful message.really love that song. 3 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
scielle Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:42 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:42 AM Lyrics about self-love and learning to accept imperfections, is far from irritating; this song deserves to be in her show and promoted around the globe. Beautiful song and an even more beautiful message. I'm all for the sentiment. But that doesn't make this sonically any less annoying. A real shame she's using the Macy's platform, with its massive ratings, to perform something this grating. Hopefully it's at least a little more digestible live and without that awful production. But hey, if it gets her a new audience / gets traction on radio, more power to her. I, however, will be turning that particular one off. Quote
mikez Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:52 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:52 AM OMG it sounds so perfect live! She needs to add it to the show! 2 Quote
mikez Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:54 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:54 AM OMG someone, an animal rights protester, just tried heckling Celine as she was coming out of the hotel, for wearing fur/leather... https://www.instagram.com/p/B45-IoOF4Qz/?igshid=1d30i2j0737xr "Shame on Celine Dion for supporting an industry that murders and tortures animals!" https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7691229/amp/Celine-Dion-flaunts-leather-pants-Chanel-bags-protester-VEGAN-face-tattoo-arrested.html Wasn't that a faux-fur? Quote
zeopower6 Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:55 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:55 AM I don't think Celine wears faux fur? Quote
Nmj Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:58 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 03:58 AM Celine’s not a vegetarian why wouldn’t she wear fur? This is the same woman who owns a deli meat restaurant! To each their own, I don’t think it’s a big deal as long as the death of the animal isn’t solely for that purpose. Quote
karatedude317 Posted November 16, 2019 at 04:17 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 04:17 AM She performed flying on my own at a karaoke event!! https://www.etonline.com/celine-dion-surprises-fans-at-karaoke-contest-by-performing-her-own-song-exclusive-details-136409 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted November 16, 2019 at 04:57 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 04:57 AM I am impressed she sang live at this event. I suppose pre taping it in a warehouse instead of on a moving vehicle in the cold makes the difference. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 16, 2019 at 06:38 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 06:38 AM I'm all for the sentiment. But that doesn't make this sonically any less annoying. A real shame she's using the Macy's platform, with its massive ratings, to perform something this grating. Hopefully it's at least a little more digestible live and without that awful production. But hey, if it gets her a new audience / gets traction on radio, more power to her. I, however, will be turning that particular one off. With all due respect, you make these same comments every time the song is mentioned. That itself is a little bit grating. She’s singing the song for the parade because it’s the single and it needs to be promoted. It’s really that simple. 5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
scielle Posted November 16, 2019 at 06:56 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 06:56 AM With all due respect, you make these same comments every time the song is mentioned. That itself is a little bit grating. Not at all. I've made my thoughts on this one known maybe 2-3 times since it came out, and the post you quoted above was in direct response to someone who found issue with my previous one, and I didn't want his response to go unacknowledged. Unlike many here, I don't feel the need to make my point ad nuseam. Quote
zeopower6 Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:18 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:18 AM You really do say it quite a lot any time the song comes up. It's pretty grating to see even in this thread. 3 Quote
scielle Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:25 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:25 AM You really do say it quite a lot any time the song comes up. It's pretty grating to see even in this thread. I've literally made 2 comments in this thread, one of which, per my note above, was in direct follow-up to someone else's response which I didn't want to go unacknowledged. But if my 2-3 complaints about this song in the last 1.5 months stick so vividly in your memory, then I must be doing something right with my turn of phrase. So thanks for the compliment. Quote
Nmj Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:31 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:31 AM (edited) I've literally made 2 comments in this thread, one of which, per my note above, was in direct follow-up to someone else's response which I didn't want to go unacknowledged. But if my 2-3 complaints about this song in the last 1.5 months stick so vividly in your memory, then I must be doing something right with my turn of phrase. So thanks for the compliment. Who cares we all have different tastes in songs; off topic but my I ask what your top 3 favorite English songs from Celine are? I bet they’re ones I don’t like lol Edited November 16, 2019 at 07:33 AM by Nmj Quote
scielle Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:42 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:42 AM Who cares we all have different tastes in songs; off topic but my I ask what your top 3 favorite English songs from Celine are? I bet they're ones I don't like lol Hm, probably forgetting a bunch that could fit the bill depending on day / mood / life, but ones that often come to mind at the moment would be Refuse to Dance, Falling Into You, Calling You. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:55 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 07:55 AM Hm, probably forgetting a bunch that could fit the bill depending on day / mood / life, but ones that often come to mind at the moment would be Refuse to Dance, Falling Into You, Calling You. Okay well I guess I’m wrong, I must like all the different types. Because I also love those three you listed. I LOVE “Imperfections” and “Calling You”. I love “That’s The Way It Is” and “I surrender”I love “I’m Alive” and “Water From The Moon” 1 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted November 16, 2019 at 10:00 AM Posted November 16, 2019 at 10:00 AM At first they told us we'd be able to use our phones in limited quantity while shooting was happening and between takes but then that we couldn't at all. They said they'd stop recording if they saw our phones out. I wasn't sure of we were allowed to record or photograph between takes but after the first I took a chance to at least record the audio of her talks which were cute. I see someone was brave enough to record in secret lol. The only time everyone said "screw it" and openly recorded her was when she suddenly came back on stage to shoot a quick Thanksgiving message and take a picture (I assume both for her social media).I'll try to upload the audio and bits of video I got tomorrow. Imperfections sounded really good live. But she was struggling with the "I try" at the beginning. She was surprised and confused by it herself, it was funny. When it was time for the audience to be recorded everyone actually started singing the chorus out loud and it was such a shame it didn't happen while she was on stage. I was a little let down (not too much) that she wasn't as interactive with fans as she usually is when performing but I think it might have been because she was focused on getting the takes right. She didn't even move from the spot marked for her, I don't know if she was told not to move or what but at one point she did ask if she fine where she was standing. She also didn't approach us when we were out waiting in the line and that was also disappointing because I know she's done that in the past and I really wanted to tell her how much I liked Soul and LD lol. Maybe she was running short on time. 2 Quote
ryba Posted November 16, 2019 at 12:16 PM Posted November 16, 2019 at 12:16 PM I must say that by now I really enjoy Imperfections! The music video made it attractive to me, and after I played it from the actual CD on my stereo device and heard all the instruments and sounds I started to love it it really is all about the sounds and the way it is mixed. It sounds great! 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 16, 2019 at 12:17 PM Posted November 16, 2019 at 12:17 PM (edited) Well, it's an extremely irritating song, so I for one certainly do not wish to see it on tour. Although I agree with your dislike of the song I wouldn't call it irritating. They released it as her first single in the States in 6 fricken years so promote the damn thing! Trust me I would have loved it if they would have released LD here but nope so in this case I have to take what I get. Edited November 16, 2019 at 12:19 PM by DionFanAlways Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Céline RO Posted November 16, 2019 at 02:38 PM Posted November 16, 2019 at 02:38 PM I wish she sang something other than “Imperfections”. It’s the 2nd worst song on the album in my opinion. I wish she sang ”How Did You Get Here” and maybe one song from TAST. Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted November 16, 2019 at 02:43 PM Posted November 16, 2019 at 02:43 PM I can’t believe how some of you think “Imperfections” sounds great live!!! This performance proves to me that it truly is a song that isn’t supposed to be performed live and I hope she won’t add it on the tour. I’m sorry if my posts sound very negative. I myself am a little shocked as I’m usually super positive about Céline but it’s just my opinion. Quote The best is yet to come...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.